Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2011, 07:46 AM
Elite Fan

Paula, Selin

Haha, I've just literally been to Tumblr and saw that art with Skate and Vincent It is sweet but a bit out of canon: in canon Vincent stayed with Jack. Till the bitter end

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
mary ksand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Who cares about canon. This art is better than the 15 minute in purgatory ending.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, that's for sure

I just don't want Jack's bond with Vincent to be ignored That's the only bond Jack ever had with anyone

Old 07-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Only Vincent stayed with him in the end.

Jack was supposed to be the leader and hero...who wants to be a leader and a hero and then die alone with only a dog by their side? The "love of your life" leaves you there and jumps off a cliff with your biggest rival for her heart. HOW EPIC.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Elite Fan

Epicness right here

And the funniest thing was that Jack never really got to know all those people he was supposed to guide to the light. In fact, he knew so little about them that, not being able to figure them out and make them open up to him and accept him as a leader while they all where alive, he made this purtagory nonsense in which Shannon and Sayid where soulmates (because all he knew about them both was that they screwed each other on island. Pretty much everyone knew that), Des and Penny where in the Church without their son (because Jack didn't know they had one), Locke was there without Helen (because Jack didn't know about Helen), etc, etc. Jack evolved into such a controlling freak that not being able to get attention/approval in life he decided to ruin the afterlife of all those people

Old 07-30-2011, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was just ridiculous that they waited for him in the afterlife. Most of them didn't have much respect for him on the island.

The purgatory scene was just ridiculous. Like they only remember the good stuff, what about all the pain the time on the island brought to them? Like Jin/Sun...were they so happy to remember that they died in such a painful way and that their daughter was an orphan? Maybe they evolved on the island but so what? Just because we mature at some point in a particular place, doesn't mean that place will be our favourite place forever. Most important are the people in your life and I doubt that most of them consider Jack - or anybody else from the island - to be the most important person in their lives. It was an important time but just because people were there - not necessarily supporting you - doesn't mean you have to spend eternity with them.

And who knows what happened after the light - considering they were all of different beliefs, I hardly doubt they were all together after getting through the light. And I doubt Sayid, Sawyer and Kate would ever be allowed to cross the light in the first place.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Exactly. The island might have tought them some lessons but it was hardly THE most important place and the most important experience in their lives Just because sometimes you are forced to survive in some difficult circumstances and mature throughout it doesn't mean that you must respect the fact that you where put in those circumstances in the first place and view it as your most important life experience.

Those people had different stories, different beliefs, backstories that Jack had no idea about - and all of that was thrown under the bus for those ridiculous few seconds of giving Jack a chance to guide them all to the light But then again, it's not like LOST writers ever had a plan and not like Damon was creative enough to at least come up with a logical ending that would make sense. All his creativity is restricted to Twitter whining.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

The reunions were lame and cheesy and all those relationships I cared most about were just ignored. Like Skate or Boone & Locke. I mean Boone sat next to Sawyer and Juliet! ffs, he didn't even know Juliet and didn't like Sawyer and vice versa. And Locke was alone.

They never had a plan. The only thing that was probably planned was Jack dying and his eye closing.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

The only things they planned where related to Jack and those where things that failed

Pretty much all the real relationships where ignored, both romances and friendships. I guess we and Damon Jack just look at relationships differently

Old 07-30-2011, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't even cheer for Jin/Sun or Charlie/Claire, even though I shipped them, it was just so ridiculous.

Speaking of Jin/Sun:

Sawyer/Jin friendship.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

And yes, even those ships I cared about that where endgame I couldn't bring myself to be happy for because of the ridiculousness of it all.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Extreme Fan

All the most important ships were ignored Boone sitting next to Sawyer/Juliet will always be and not to mention rooting for Shannon/Sayid when he was clearly against them on the island and while I'm on the topic of Shannon/Sayid what the hell happened to Sayid/Nadia, she was clearly the love of his life. And what about Sun/Jin's daughter. Ugh the purgatory ending will always be ridiculous. I'm so thankful Sawyer/Kate were not tainted by that mess.

| Aimee
TheOnlyException is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Sawyer and Kate where too normal to get a Jack! like purtagory WTF 5 last seconds endgame. But hey. Skate got all the screen time during the show so why Jate wouldn't get their 5 SECONDS of fail fame?

Old 07-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Extreme Fan

so true. Skate got all the epic moments and we saw their entire relationship play out on screen so I think we definitely got the better deal

And besides I will always believe that what Sawyer/Kate had is the definition of what real love should be like. They understood each other, they connected on all levels, they accepted each other flaws included, they were equals, there was mutual respect and they loved each other for exactly who they were. Basically everything that Jate wasn't

| Aimee
TheOnlyException is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

And we shouldn't forget that with Skate we actually got to SEE it all happening on screen. Just like Jack we got to watch Kate jumping in Sawyer's arms and becoming close with him. Just like Jack we got to watch SK bonding up. Just like Jack we realized that Jate has no chance to happen, not in this life. And that is why Jack made it happen in AFTERLIFE

Reply   Post New Thread