Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2013, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

Nina and Ian neutral zone discussion #3: because a true discussion will have many different perspectives

The new thread.

Please remember this is a neutral zone, not an appreciation thread, we welcome respectful discussion about information that is out there that may not be appropriate in a specific celebrity's board..please remember that respect to each other, and to anyone being discussed (Ian, Nina, or anyone associated)is imperative .enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcrossedsoulmates (View Post)
I also wanted to add that I think we may all be a little guilty of walking a little too close to the line between expressing our opinions & things we say coming across as being insulting. But I also think that it comes & goes. It might happen for a couple of pages, but then someone comes in & points it out, & we at least try to bring it back to a more neutral place.

What doesn't help is when people continue to comment on it when everyone else has tried to move on. While this is a thread that is more open to topics than others are, we are still bound by the rules of FF, which clearly state not to insult other posters, other threads or the people you're discussing. There's already been a post from a mod in the previous thread asking us to be respectful, & I would personally like for them to not have to come back in here & continue reminding us.

We can do this, guys!! This only becomes/remains a toxic place if we let it!! And if you want the discussion to take a different direction, step up & post it!

Last edited by LostInTime; 08-28-2013 at 09:14 AM
Old 08-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

Tftnt
Old 08-28-2013, 08:09 AM
New Fan

Tftnt
Old 08-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Tftnt !!!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
The new thread.

please remember this is a neutral zone, not an appreciation thread, we welcome respectful discussion about information that is out there that may not be appropriate in a specific celebrity's board..please remember that respect to each other, and to anyone being discussed (Ian, Nina, or anyone associated)is imperative .enjoy
I also wanted to add that I think we may all be a little guilty of walking a little too close to the line between expressing our opinions & things we say coming across as being insulting. But I also think that it comes & goes. It might happen for a couple of pages, but then someone comes in & points it out, & we at least try to bring it back to a more neutral place.

What doesn't help is when people continue to comment on it when everyone else has tried to move on. While this is a thread that is more open to topics than others are, we are still bound by the rules of FF, which clearly state not to insult other posters, other threads or the people you're discussing. There's already been a post from a mod in the previous thread asking us to be respectful, & I would personally like for them to not have to come back in here & continue reminding us.

We can do this, guys!! This only becomes/remains a toxic place if we let it!! And if you want the discussion to take a different direction, step up & post it!

Oh, & TFTNT!!

ETA: Sorry for the bold...I feel like when things get heated, people just roll right through posts that don't stand out in some way

As far as the most recent attempt at reconciliation seeming to not work, it could've been that if the issue(s) were the same as back in May, that might've made things more clear cut when it comes to them deciding it wasn't going to work, at least not right now. If an issue comes up once, it's easy to give it another chance to try & change, but if it's recurring, that seems to be a sign that it might be time to walk away from the relationship, at least in any current romantic capacity...

Last edited by starcrossedsoulmates; 08-28-2013 at 09:00 AM
Old 08-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome and thanks for the added description. Do you mind if I add it to the op?
Old 08-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam77 (View Post)
If you're saying this about me,I'm perfectly fine with people discussing what went wrong between Nian or Ian and Nina with other people.
Oh no I agree w what u say lol

I just generally use the word 'you' for whoever it applies that minds our discussion here lol
|||~{@ |||
Old 08-28-2013, 09:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
You're welcome and thanks for the added description. Do you mind if I add it to the op?
Not at all!! Please do
Old 08-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Extreme Fan

I am not bashing the other poster, i am using her post(well part of it) as an example, bc to her words i do not have any comments.
What i am trying to say...i many places after similar words

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaboutlove700 (View Post)
Hello Peeps!

-If Nina's PR team had NOT brought up the suggestion for a "new image", and/or suggested that she should break up with IAn...well would she have broken up with him? Were there issues there anyway? IMO, in the first few weeks of June (thinking back on her tweets that seemed to refer to Ian), she looked like she regretted her decision to breakup. However, the fact that they broke up and what appears to be permanently, once again in Atlanta (along with all this news of sightings and whatnot), for me shows that their differences/changes, and the trouble they might feel in supporting the other on their outlook/priorities, and just the change in their outlook/priorities is what really did them in.
a lot of ppl come to discussion when everyone and their mothers suggest smth along these examples
1- Nian didn't break up in reality it is a PR stunts for TVD ratings
2- Nina pretend to broken up with Ian due her PR agent suggestions and be a hreatbreaker when in reality she is still dating Ian
3- If it wasn't necessary to make Elena (ppl tend to confuse Nina and Elena in TVD) independednt and strong on screen then there would be no need fo Elena to call quits and be all "girl power" in real life

and it is always amuse me that ppl who claim to be fans who love the actors, can say that they agreed to use their relationships or pretend to break up for ratings and publicity
sometimes with theories ppl to hold on the last strow

i don't thing that new Nina's behavier has smth to do with new image. She is living her life as she wants and her PR team work is to make fans and press love and respect her choices so they making it all - look it so cool!- bc they see that a lot of ppl do not like it. If it was a PR suggestion then she has a ****ty PR team bc that PR unfortunately aftre sweet, shy, girl had done nothing good for her, she become just another one from thousands in holywood
Old 08-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcrossedsoulmates;

As far as the most recent attempt at reconciliation seeming to not work, it could've been that if the issue(s) were the same as back in May, that might've made things more clear cut when it comes to them deciding it wasn't going to work, at least not right now. If an issue comes up once, it's easy to give it another chance to try & change, but if it's recurring, that seems to be a sign that it might be time to walk away from the relationship, at least in any current romantic capacity...
This does make a lot of sense. Sometimes also we think if we take a small step back it will help to clear things up, but sometimes we need a complete break to truly tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaherezada (View Post)

and it is always amuse me that ppl who claim to be fans who love the actors, can say that they agreed to use their relationships or pretend to break up for ratings and publicity
sometimes with theories ppl to hold on the last strow

i don't thing that new Nina's behavier has smth to do with new image. She is living her life as she wants and her PR team work is to make fans and press love and respect her choices so they making it all - look it so cool!- bc they see that a lot of ppl do not like it. If it was a PR suggestion then she has a ****ty PR team bc that PR unfortunately aftre sweet, shy, girl had done nothing good for her, she become just another one from thousands in holywood
I think for me personally its that even when I am a fan of someone I can still accept that they aren't perfect and do things I don't like. For instance..I have never been sold on the fact that Ian waited til his last relationship to end before starting with Nina. I feel that Ian is amazing as an actor and seems to care so much about people and the environment and I see Nina does to, but they..more Ian than Nina do a lot of preaching about environmental issues yet I see pics of them smoking... I don't care Ida person smokes but don't preach about clean air and berate others if you can't quit smoking...

I think Ian is a huge flirt and that can't have been easy for Nina but I also think Nina went way overboard on the "look at me I'm happy" summer tour 2013.

Last edited by LostInTime; 08-28-2013 at 09:28 AM
Old 08-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

Do sorry,
Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

I can't believe I am even thinking this thought but for some reason I have a feeling that they may in fact be trying to work things out again. I don't have any evidence to support that theory other than some of the other "sources" on the Nian board who posted yesterday that they have heard that they are trying to work things out again. Some of I/N's tweets lately have given off little hints imo. I am usually incredibly skeptical, but there is a part of my gut that is telling me they are not done yet. Ian especially has given off the vibe since the break-up that he has been pining a little bit and for some reason I don't think he would give this up too easily. The only question is if Nina feels the same way and wants to work through their problems. I get a sense from the last few days, that maybe she does. (I will probably regret saying this and take it all back in about five minutes, lol)

I don't put much faith in that Atlanta source because from what I have seen some of her posts that I have read where she has given info that she says she was adamant about turned out to be false, so I am not really sure how "in the loop" she really is.

In any case, we will probably know more soon because eventually they will be seen together if they spend time together. If I don't see them together soon, I will probably go back to my, they are done completely theory.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
This does make a lot of sense. Sometimes also we think if we take a small step back it will help to clear things up, but sometimes we need a complete break to truly tell.

I think for me personally its that even when I am a fan of someone I can still accept that they aren't perfect and do things I don't like. For instance..I have never been sold on the fact that Ian waited til his last relationship to end before starting with Nina. I feel that Ian is amazing as an actor and seems to care so much about people and the environment and I see Nina does to, but they..more Ian than Nina do a lot of preaching about environmental issues yet I see pics of them smoking... I don't care Ida person smokes but don't preach about clean air and berate others if you can't quit smoking...

I think Ian is a huge flirt and that can't have been easy for Nina but I also think Nina went way overboard on the "look at me I'm happy" summer tour 2013.

maybe she had problemes with this did you thought about this?
Old 08-28-2013, 09:33 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinerThings (View Post)
I can't believe I am even thinking this thought but for some reason I have a feeling that they may in fact be trying to work things out again. I don't have any evidence to support that theory other than some of the other "sources" on the Nian board who posted yesterday that they have heard that they are trying to work things out again. Some of I/N's tweets lately have given off little hints imo. I am usually incredibly skeptical, but there is a part of my gut that is telling me they are not done yet. Ian especially has given off the vibe since the break-up that he has been pining a little bit and for some reason I don't think he would give this up too easily. The only question is if Nina feels the same way and wants to work through their problems. I get a sense from the last few days, that maybe she does. (I will probably regret saying this and take it all back in about five minutes, lol)
I have to admit, I think the same. Especially since he isn't confirmed to any convention for next year yet (and there are more than a few scheduled already). I think this year was simply too much for him/them.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Tftnt!

Quote:
I can't believe I am even thinking this thought but for some reason I have a feeling that they may in fact be trying to work things out again. I don't have any evidence to support that theory other than some of the other "sources" on the Nian board who posted yesterday that they have heard that they are trying to work things out again. Some of I/N's tweets lately have given off little hints imo. I am usually incredibly skeptical, but there is a part of my gut that is telling me they are not done yet. Ian especially has given off the vibe since the break-up that he has been pining a little bit and for some reason I don't think he would give this up too easily. The only question is if Nina feels the same way and wants to work through their problems. I get a sense from the last few days, that maybe she does.
This is pretty much what I also think about the whole situation in the last few days, but you never know.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread