Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Nick & Cassie {Push} #2 : Because she was the girl with the flower

Welcome to the 2nd Appreciation Thread for Nick Gant and Cassie Holmes!

"Someday, a girl is going to give you a flower.
You got that? A flower.
And you have to help her, Nick. You help her, you help us all."

Shippers:

MissMarie
SergeantPepper
Sweetsorrow
~Lipstick
Lennie1984
Let the Ball Drop
DevineCancerian
DiBye23
Askita
Kaybee88
Punkrocker
Nightslash
Kai Abercrombie
JillyHalliwell
jean-grey
JensensGurl07
KIT
Miss Fate
Jainadawn86
clarkson fan
CClar832
xlennie
memory91
Nikki_A
LelePiroutek

Reasons:

1. Because she’s the girl with the flower
2. Because he helps her, even when she annoys him.
3. Because her mother saw them together before she was born.
4. Because they have amazing chemistry.
5. Because he hates watching her make her mother’s mistakes.
6. Because he’s very protective of her.
7. Because she doesn’t want to watch him die.
8. Because she was a tad jealous of Kira.
9. Because he held her when she needed comforting.
10. Because he won’t ever let anything happen to her.
11. Because he’s going to help her save her mom.
12. Because they work well as a team.
13. Because he “knew she could handle it.”
14. Because, simply, this is their destiny.
15. Because even the trailer had us pumped to see them on screen.
16. Because he Moved her out of harm’s way at the fish market.
17. Because she didn’t even hesitate to pull the gun out of his jeans.
18. Because Chris Evans believes Nick was really fighting for Cassie.
19. Because even Chris Evans and Dakota Fanning recognize the connection between Nick and Cassie.
20. Because you know they'd end up together if there was a book series.

Quotes:

Nick: Lose a bet with your hair dresser?
Cassie: I like color.

Nick: I heard what she said about your mother.
Cassie: You did? Division’s got her. They locked her up because she’s the greatest Watcher they’ve ever seen. They’re afraid of her, and they’re afraid they can’t control it.
Nick: They killed my father for the same reason. But I guess you already knew that.
Cassie: I see the future, not the past.

Cassie: Nick! Take an umbrella. It’s going to rain.
Nick: You be careful too.

Cassie:…They’re going to kill my mom. And it’s going to be my fault.
Nick: Look at me. Hey…Look at me. You really think I’m going to let that happen?

Nick: How long do you think your mom’s been planning this?
Cassie: Probably since before I was born.

I think the arc is that he’s kind of sealed himself off from the world. I think he has no…no human connection. His father passed away, he’s been living in Hong Kong, hiding, and I think he’s kind of closed himself off from the world. And I think when Cassie comes into his life, at first he does kind of reject her, he does kind of treat her a bit coldly. And I think through the course of the movie there is a bond, there is a connection, and I think that’s what he ends up fighting for.
-Chris Evans

Links:

Last edited by sweetsorrow; 10-18-2011 at 11:48 PM
sweetsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh my gosh, a new thread! And you made an appreciation banner.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Hehe Yeah, I thought one might be cool to have.

for a second thread!

I just saw that Resident Evil (yes, I live in a hole and just noticed this now ) is getting a FOURTH movie while we can't even get a second for Push!?!???

I'm grumpy about it still.

Anyway, random thought here: I'd love to see more flashbacks if a miracle happened and we actually got a continuation. Like, Cassie's mom telling Cassie something about meeting Nick much the same way Nick's father told him about her. Orrr, do you think Cassie SAW that she would give him the flower one day? I wonder when Cassie first Saw Nick?

We need to get more backstory dammit!

(told you it was random )
Old 09-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm not going to dog on Resident Evil because I liked the first one alot and Wentworth Miller is in the new one. And you know the only reason they keep making sequeals is because there's enough exposure with it originally being a video game.

But I do agree.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarie (View Post)
I'm not going to dog on Resident Evil because I liked the first one alot and Wentworth Miller is in the new one. And you know the only reason they keep making sequeals is because there's enough exposure with it originally being a video game.

But I do agree.
Oh I didn't mean to imply that I didn't like Resident Evil. I did. (Well, I liked the first two, the third wasn't as good, imo.) But I'm just mad that because of these highly-budgeted movies, the littler ones that do have a fan-base if they bothered to notice, like Push, get over-looked.

You're so right; it really didn't get enough of the right kind of promotion so now it, and the audience, is left hanging indefinitely. I've been reading some reviews where critics accuse that it does not fully explain itself and therefore falls flat but I think the reason for that is because there is so much more story to tell, they simply ran out of time. They need another 2 hours to let us get into each of the characters more (minus Kira ) like they've clearly set us up to do - whereas the mass-exposure movies seem to grasp at anything MORE they can write for their already-established franchise.

... *reads her rant* I never know if it sounds the way it does in my head.

But, anyway, I'm not giving up. The first Matrix movie was done in 1999 and didn't come back for its sequel until 2003. Push was only done last year, as long as they drop the TV show idea and realize that a 2nd movie is what is needed with THESE characters and THESE actors, I'm still hopeful.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

The OP's so pretty!!

That's how I've noticed things work, with all media types. Films, television shows, musicians. The good things that deserve attention and accolade don't get it, despite having a (significantly smaller if) loyal fanbase. Some big films do really well and they manage to tell the right amount of story in their two hours -- ex: Star Trek.

I just don't think fan reception/reaction/loyalty matters to studios right now. But the Matrix is a good example. I don't care for those films, but, yes, they did come back years later. Another example is Before Sunrise and Before Sunset; they were nine years in between films, and that only happened because the two main actors were extremely close friends and decided to write the sequel themselves.

I still can't believe 2009 was last year. It feels like so long ago.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarie (View Post)
That's how I've noticed things work, with all media types. Films, television shows, musicians. The good things that deserve attention and accolade don't get it, despite having a (significantly smaller if) loyal fanbase. Some big films do really well and they manage to tell the right amount of story in their two hours -- ex: Star Trek.

I just don't think fan reception/reaction/loyalty matters to studios right now. But the Matrix is a good example. I don't care for those films, but, yes, they did come back years later. Another example is Before Sunrise and Before Sunset; they were nine years in between films, and that only happened because the two main actors were extremely close friends and decided to write the sequel themselves.
I agree. That is precisely how I believe studios decide what films to produce. And I don't like it. Some of the larger ones are indeed worthy of sequels (imo, as well), as you mentioned, but then there are the ones that really need to be put to rest but because the money-grubbing studios can't bear the thought of letting such highly-profitable hype go, they run the entire franchise into the ground (sacrificing its original quality) and pass on the smaller films where fans are desperately awaiting a conclusion to a story that has been left wide open.

This makes me wonder now, actually... I really want a Push 2 but I'd hate to see any of the characters ruined for the sake of a sequel! But then, somehow, since Push wasn't a raging success for Summit, I don't see them latching onto it and forcing something that isn't there to give. Push DOES have more story so, as long as David Bourla gets to write the next script, I'm fairly confident that a second movie would just continue on in the same style, with the same character profiles. (Because I really love the way in which he [and Paul] told the Nick/Cassie relationship - just subtle enough but still solid and they at the very core of the film.) Plus, there really is so much more they could do with this type of supernatural material and how the characters handle their abilities since they are new at it.

I was thinking, though, as much as I would love to see an actual romance on screen for Nick and Cassie (like a kiss, for example - yes I want one ; since she's almost 17 now, and I really do think they have an awesome concept on which to launch a believable and real relationship for them) - I don't really need to see it. I mean, I'd be content enough if they would just,

a) do away with Kira (woman needs to go. )
and b) let us know through a look or suggestion that Nick and Cassie will be together one day. (Like in our example of Cassie's mom Seeing it in a vision and saying something to one or both of them that they are fated to be together )

And in case that made no sense , what I mean is, I don't need to see anything physical to make me happy. (I'd like it, mind you, but I don't need it. ) If we know NC will be together in the future by the film's end, then that's all I truly care about.

Ah omg, my rambling is getting worse.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

YAY we finally got it to a second thread this is exciting
Old 09-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Nick&Cassie deserve many threads!

But I think I scared everyone away with all my talking, though. Sorry guys!

Rewatching the flower scene, it's slowly creeping up to tie as favourite. I'm a sucker for stolen glances And there is so much more going on in the silences between their words - it's so sweet.

Nick is so gentle with her and their relationship.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT! Love the title!

The flower scene is one of my favourites.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Full Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Loyal Fan

hi guys.

Don't worry, no long post to read. Just stopped by to show another vid I made.

yeah, I know I'm obsessed.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great vid, I love how you incorporated some of the dialogue in there too.

This movie came out last year? I remember seeing previews for it on TV, and if feels MUCH longer ago than that.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Aw, poor dead thread!

I just thought I'd share some info I just found out. Apparently the TV show that was supposed to happen has been axed and they are instead considering doing an animated feature as a sequel to Push.

I couldn't find any info on it so I don't know if it's going to materialize but I'm trying to decide whether I'd be okay with that. ....

I suppose if it's all we're getting, I'll take it and I'll hope that the Nick/Cassie relationship is developed even in the animated film but I am going to miss Chris/Dakota. I really think those actors together were a big part of what made Nick/Cassie work. They had so much chemistry.

But still, like I said, if animation is ALL they're willing to give.....

One question though; would it not cost MORE to do an animated sequel? I don't think animation is cheap considering the time it takes to create so I'm confused if money is the issue........ (then again, I guess it depends on the type of animation...?? )

Anyway, shutting up now. Just thought I'd let people know.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

An animated film as a sequel to the first one? That's very odd IMO. Though I'd rather have that, than have like a totally different premise/cast for a second one. But now we won't get to see Chris and Dakota's awesomeness.

Thanks for sharing the info, btw!

Old 10-22-2010, 05:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Animation? Really?
Reply   Post New Thread