Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

I couldn't have lived with the heartbreak of Chuck willingly separating herself from Ned until he was a dying old man if the show had gone on. One of the pillars of the show had always been Ned & Chuck's unorthodox love story that they managed to work through. Eventually depriving the show of that pillar would have taken a lot of the joy out of it so in a way, I'm glad we're left at that point.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Master Fan

so I suppose its a blessing in disguise that the show ended so early because if it would have went on and ended the way you all are discussing it wouldn't have done so well
SaraSidleStokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I couldn't have lived with the heartbreak of Chuck willingly separating herself from Ned until he was a dying old man
Yeah, me neither. That would've been awful. Although I'm not sure if the series could've survived with its main couple apart... maybe it was supposed to be only for a few episodes and then they'd be reunited? I'd like to think that they lived a happy life together.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And with how shortly it lasted and the way it ended, the only time they spent apart is when she was mad at him for killing her dad and when she moved into Olive's apartment. And I think that's the only kind of apart-time that they should ever have
funky_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Loyal Fan

i heard there is going to be a pushing daisies movie or at least it's in the works or being thought of? i'm really buzzed about this does anyone know if it's true or is someone just winding me up and watching me spin? i'd so love there to be a movie! i wish the show could have lasted forever it was awesome! so unique and original and amazing and i loved it so much, i love chuck and ned so much too!
Nightlife_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think there's a possibility that it'll be done, but nothing's for sure yet.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlife_Eyes (View Post)
i heard there is going to be a pushing daisies movie or at least it's in the works or being thought of? i'm really buzzed about this does anyone know if it's true or is someone just winding me up and watching me spin? i'd so love there to be a movie! i wish the show could have lasted forever it was awesome! so unique and original and amazing and i loved it so much, i love chuck and ned so much too!
The are definitely going to be comic books, they already have the contracts and everything.
About the movie, I know Bryan Fuller had an idea in mind, and most of the cast has said they'd be willing to do it, I suppose it's a matter of finding a studio to finance it.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Loyal Fan

alright then folks crack open your piggy banks someone has to fiance the movie haha i so hope they get someone too they'd be mad to turn down the opportunity to be involved in the pushing daisies movies, the profit turn over would be huge, i'd see it multiple time and normally i hate seeing movies at the movies again and again but i'd take one for the team and see ned/chuck on the big screen a lot!
Nightlife_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I can go out of the house long enough to see a daisies movie even with my agoraphobia
Old 09-14-2009, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

The movie might still happen...! Sometime...

Quote:
Fuller is still working on a comicbook adaptation of his late ABC series "Pushing Daisies." Fuller said he remains hopeful that the 12 issues of the comicbook will eventually serve as a blueprint for a "Pushing Daisies" movie

Btw, we're having a Ned/Chuck survivor if anyone would like to join us
Old 02-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

There's a N/C thread here!

credit: tumblr
Old 02-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Pretty
Old 02-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

Oh wow! Thanks for reviving it! Ned/Chuck were absolutely adorable, and I MISS THE HELL OUTTA THIS SHOW.

Emerson was made of such awesome. "That ain't a grain'a salt. That's one'a them blocks they give cows to lick."

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
IceKat055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gold Monkey kiss
Old 02-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathangel (View Post)
I couldn't have lived with the heartbreak of Chuck willingly separating herself from Ned until he was a dying old man if the show had gone on. One of the pillars of the show had always been Ned & Chuck's unorthodox love story that they managed to work through. Eventually depriving the show of that pillar would have taken a lot of the joy out of it so in a way, I'm glad we're left at that point.
In my perfect ending, had they been allowed to finish the series out, Ned's father returned (GEORGE HAMILTON FTW!) and it was revealed that Ned had inherited his gift from his dad. They think "what if?", and decide to do a test-run on Digby. It would be a horribly tense situation, and it would be a decision that Ned struggled with, because Digby had been there with Ned, through thick and thin. So what if it didn't work? But in the end, his love for Chuck wins out.

So, Ned touches Digby. Digby dies. Ned's dad immediately re-touches Digby. Digby's alive again, yay! And what's even better, Ned can touch him, DOUBLE YAY! It worked!

So Ned then touches Chuck, she dies, Ned's dad re-awakens her, and Ned/Chuck are finally able to touch. Ned's dad then goes far, far, far away, keeping "in touch" only via email and text messages.

That's how I would have ended the show. My 2nd choice would have been for Ned to die, and Ned's dad to bring him back, so he and Chuck could be alive-again forever...together. And Ned's dad still goes far, far, far away.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
IceKat055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top