Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

It's a hard one to get through, But I hope the out come will be worth it.
Kaite | icon: ?
peace_love_couture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucas_Is_Love (View Post)
This storyline is making my heart hurt.
Why Chels, I think I found it laughable to an extent, and it also helps we know the outcome since last year

I think the writters choosing Jenny scheming to get Nate is the key factor, would they have wanted me root for her in this, she would have pine for him in secret or whathever, this SL just scream nuts IMO.

and yeah bring Daddy VDW he IMO is gonna be the real NS deal
Old 03-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makry (View Post)
Why Chels, I think I found it laughable to an extent, and it also helps we know the outcome since last year

I think the writters choosing Jenny scheming to get Nate is the key factor, would they have wanted me root for her in this, she would have pine for him in secret or whathever, this SL just scream nuts IMO.

and yeah bring Daddy VDW he IMO is gonna be the real NS deal
I dunno. I just hate Jenny with a seething passion. And to know that the writers even made her kiss him is going to give even more fuel to the NJers and I just hate how smug they are when this is clearly NOT build up.
I just pretty much hate everything about it. It's just such cheap drama when they could have been giving NS cute friendshipy scenes and what not in 3x13, instead of rushing them to be together to implement this SL. Eh... what can you do?
serendipity or fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree with you totally on Daddy VDW, Makry. And it's very likely he is the source of any perceivable tension between Nate and Serena post-3.19.

And I'd also like to think that Nate and Serena continue to be involved with Chuck's story arc straight through to the finale. In addition to Blair, they've been his greatest supporters in the Jack/Elizabeth situation.

Can't blame you for being upset about the Jenny drama, Chels. It's unfortunate they chose to write it this way, but this is the nature of the "beast".

Luthor ღ Lang ♥ Confessions of an L/Ler
jnnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
This storyline is making my heart hurt.

Chels, it's just not worth it. It's a very simple storyline. Jenny tries, she fails. Stalling tactic and for some reason they need this to demolish/rebuild the Jenny character (who in fact goes away at the end of the season and will also miss the first few episodes next season). NS will I'm sure break up in the finale per spoilers, but I'm also dead sure it's absolutely unrelated to anything that pertains Jenny. I'm sure that's over daddy VdW. Also, they said in the spoilers they didn't even know how bad the breakup would be so it's nothing major AND it can't pertain Jenny or it WOULD be bad since it'd imply that Nate somehow wants to be with her (and that certainly isn't the case).

That's all there is to it really. Jenny is shipped away at the end of the season AND she will also miss the first few episodes next season. She is having ZERO buildup in terms of coupling. ZERO.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Master Fan

It is unfortunate, J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace_love_couture (View Post)
It's a hard one to get through, But I hope the out come will be worth it.
Me too.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I dunno. I just hate Jenny with a seething passion. And to know that the writers even made her kiss him is going to give even more fuel to the NJers and I just hate how smug they are when this is clearly NOT build up.
I just pretty much hate everything about it. It's just such cheap drama when they could have been giving NS cute friendshipy scenes and what not in 3x13, instead of rushing them to be together to implement this SL. Eh... what can you do?
Chels why being bother about their comments, have you read what they posted? I´m sorry but being an NS fan or no, some of their post make me question some things , so yeah let them rejoice all they want, we know what happens in the end, and also Josh tweeted something about The season finale giving all the answers, so I think after the finale airs we´ll be able too see whar are the writers intentions for next season, and may I add that jenny is being shipped off, and that probably NS are not in good terms with her, so yeah it pretty much says bye bye NJ
Old 03-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasForever (View Post)
Chels, it's just not worth it. It's a very simple storyline. Jenny tries, she fails. Stalling tactic and for some reason they need this to demolish/rebuild the Jenny character (who in fact goes away at the end of the season and will also miss the first few episodes next season). NS will I'm sure break up in the finale per spoilers, but I'm also dead sure it's absolutely unrelated to anything that pertains Jenny. I'm sure that's over daddy VdW. Also, they said in the spoilers they didn't even know how bad the breakup would be so it's nothing major AND it can't pertain Jenny or it WOULD be bad since it'd imply that Nate somehow wants to be with her (and that certainly isn't the case).

That's all there is to it really. Jenny is shipped away at the end of the season AND she will also miss the first few episodes next season. She is having ZERO buildup in terms of coupling. ZERO.
I know it's not worth it, and that's exactly why it sucks so much.

I just feel like the writers, while - yes, they gave us alot of amazing stuff (more so pre-hiatus), have missed alot of really great potential with NS all for the sake of cheap drama.

The only good thing for me personally is that this will hopefully kill any and all chances of NJ.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It is unfortunate, J.

Me too.
Pleaseeee I'm so paranoid right now reading some of the comments But reading your guys comments always make me feel better

Once Jenny is shipped off, I hope the boat for NJ has also sailed with no chance of coming back.
Kaite | icon: ?
peace_love_couture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I like CB to an extent, haven´t been enjoying them as much the last episodes, so I wouldn't like CJ sleeping together, but her scheming to make it look like it happened, yeah I would like to see that
As you can see from my sig, I actually like CB too. Going into the SS reminds me why I don't like going in there anymore. I don't get why NS sucks so much b/c they're actually getting screentime for once. It's not NS's fault that the mother storyline kind of fell flat even though I kind of liked it. I just feel like people are constantly taking shots at NS b/c they're mad about their couple not getting the screentime/sexytime/storylines that they feel they deserve.

As someone who loves Trifecta, I'm in love with this season. The pairings of NS/DV/CB have just made this season so enjoyable for me. I guess I'm easy to please.

Quote:
ETA: Oh and may I add that Jenny does not loves Nate , my god if the show intended me to believe that, well then Jenny's love is the most selfish I have ever seen
Just the thought that it's believable that Jenny would be in love with Nate right now when so many scoffed and screamed "rushed!" when Serena told Nate she loved him last week kind of pissed me off. And you're right, Makry, the crap Jenny pulls in the next episode are not the actions of a person in love. They are selfish motivations with no thought as to what Nate might actually want which he spelled it out for her. He wants Serena and is so happy with her. Someone needs to smack Jenny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnj (View Post)
Agreed, JRBudgrl8. I'm not getting that Jenny loves Nate at all. She doesn't care what he feels or what Serena feels. I would like to think that if the writers were writing this as real love, true love, this season they would have just allowed Jenny to wait for the right opportunity. Well, she's not waiting; she's scheming and acting nuts.
You can call me Amy. And ITA with the bolded. I know a lot of comparisons are made between NS and LP, but it just makes me think of how for a big portion of season 4 Peyton quietly pined for Lucas and even tried to help him get back together with Brooke. To me, that's true love b/c it's selfless. If Jenny was doing everything in her power to ignore any feelings that she might have for Nate and making sure that he's happy with Serena then I might be worried for NJ in the future. It just seems like this might be the door slamming shut on NJ for good. God, I hope that's the case.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
brave princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBudgrl8 (View Post)
You can call me Amy. And ITA with the bolded. I know a lot of comparisons are made between NS and LP, but it just makes me think of how for a big portion of season 4 Peyton quietly pined for Lucas and even tried to help him get back together with Brooke. To me, that's true love b/c it's selfless. If Jenny was doing everything in her power to ignore any feelings that she might have for Nate and making sure that he's happy with Serena then I might be worried for NJ in the future. It just seems like this might be the door slamming shut on NJ for good. God, I hope that's the case.
Hi Amy! I'm J! Given the fluid nature of this type of genre, there's always the possibility the writers may leave Nate/Jenny open to explore during S4 by having Jenny mature from this. Not saying it will happen, but who knows. As of this season, however, I'm hardpressed to believe they are an option at all.

If Nate emotionally and romantically checks out or begins to check out on Serena for anyone else this season, in the midst of her emotional family conflict, then it will slaughter his characterization, imho. From that point on, how could his feelings for anyone, even Jenny, be seen as sincere if he does that? I don't know how the writers will be able to effectively explain Nate falling for Jenny under such murky circumstances and after the attention they've given his love for Serena. And it'll lead me to believe Jenny is coddled by the writers to the detriment of other characters around her, with no substantive consequences for her actions because she's ultimately "gifted" with what she wants.

But I'm not sweating any of this. I'm just going to take things episode by episode and enjoy whatever Nate/Serena gems I can pluck from the madness.

Last edited by jnnj; 03-30-2010 at 11:58 PM
Old 03-31-2010, 12:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnj (View Post)
Hi Amy! I'm J! Given the fluid nature of this type of genre, there's always the possibility the writers may leave Nate/Jenny open to explore during S4 by having Jenny mature from this. Not saying it will happen, but who knows. As of this season, however, I'm hardpressed to believe they are an option at all.

If Nate emotionally and romantically checks out or begins to check out on Serena for anyone else this season, in the midst of her emotional family conflict, then it will slaughter his characterization, imho. From that point on, how could his feelings for anyone, even Jenny, be seen as sincere if he does that? I don't know how the writers will be able to effectively explain Nate falling for Jenny under such murky circumstances and after the attention they've given his love for Serena. And it'll lead me to believe Jenny is coddled by the writers to the detriment of other characters around her, with no substantive consequences for her actions because she's ultimately "gifted" with what she wants.

But I'm not sweating any of this. I'm just going to take things episode by episode and enjoy whatever Nate/Serena gems I can pluck from the madness.
Some of the spec (and honestly, the only I've ever read that makes sense) of the NJers is that NS will come to realize that they "don't work as a couple" and then, slowly, he'll open his eyes to Jenny and there will be an eventual romance.

However, the only thing I've seen thus far in the writing is reinforcing how well NS DO work as a couple.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:21 AM
ion
Part-Time Fan

I feel that will have many scenes from NJ, already in the beginning of the promo, lunch. I hope there will be plenty of NS. In fact, that's why S will stop the lunch from NJ because it will see the coffee and it not pleasing to J so it will take revenge. Anyway, I hope that this triangle will not last until the end of the season but in 19, by the way Josh has answered many questions?
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think the SL is so bad on NS terms like I said before it's not like it's being shown Nate even wanting to be with Jenny. He wants to be WITH Serena stated he's happy with her. How come anyone be worried about NS and even think NJ can be threat IMO I can find that hard
Old 03-31-2010, 01:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Some of the spec (and honestly, the only I've ever read that makes sense) of the NJers is that NS will come to realize that they "don't work as a couple" and then, slowly, he'll open his eyes to Jenny and there will be an eventual romance.

However, the only thing I've seen thus far in the writing is reinforcing how well NS DO work as a couple.
Maybe my thinking of this is off-kilter, but even if Nate/Serena realize they don't work, for me the writers will still have to effectively explain why Nate comes to think Jenny is the "one" for him. And, in the process, what will Jenny have learned I wonder (if their spec was to pan out)?

But that leads me to your last sentence, which I completely agree with. That's what I'm getting too. After 3.16, I was left with no question that Nate and Serena truly love each other, make each other happy, know they make a great team, and are very content. And up until then, they were given conflict from their fears/history; they've confronted those incidents successfully, and moved forward together. I'd like to think the writers are continuing that trend of having conflict/resolving it in the remaining episodes, especially as Daddy VDW comes on.

Quote:
. . . by the way Josh has answered many questions?
Hey ion, on Josh, I don't know. It appears that all he mentioned was the finale will answer all of our questions. But I could be wrong.

Quote:
I don't think the SL is so bad on NS terms like I said before it's not like it's being shown Nate even wanting to be with Jenny. He wants to be WITH Serena stated he's happy with her. How come anyone be worried about NS and even think NJ can be threat IMO I can find that hard
True, Wala. We've also been told that Nate will resist and that she fails. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not worried. I find the Jenny stuff tedious, but I also think the writers have done a really good job in establishing Nate and Serena's compatibility and sincerity with each other. And I'd like to think they've continued that. I'm along for the ride for the ride!

Reply   Post New Thread