Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Extreme Fan

ha Okay Ria, you asked for it

It just bugs me how people in that other thread freak-out over everything, and than this comes along and their all 'oh I understand why she's doing it' 'its not so bad' 'I'm rooting for her because she's the underdog' 'I'm rooting for her because its her against Serena'. Seriously? What Jenny is doing is not acceptable in any shape or form, and they've given her absolutely no understndable motivations for her to do these things. Yes, she wasn't going to tell Nate that S was planning a surprise party so he felt better, but she totally let him think (and led him into it by asking, shen she obviously had to know what was going) that S was neglecting his birthday. She's going to be actively sabataging the party (are we to assume the van mix up was caused by her?). Nate and Serena are so trusting and good to her and she doesn't give a crap that she's ruthlessly and selfishly doing whatever she can to get what she wants, and in the process damaging something very important to both NS; their relationship. I'm betting she doesn't suceed in her inital sabatage of the party, and that's why she goes in for the kiss, desperate to do something. She just haaaas to ruin Nate's b-day party, yep that's what you do for the guy you supposedly want.

Serena looks so sweetly distressed in that sneak peek. And Dorota is indeed hilarious.

Makry haha yay, people to rant with
With the big fake smiles, and stupid lies, when deep inside your bleeding. To be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark, to be kicked when your down, to feel like you've been pushed around, to be on the edge of breaking down, but no ones there to save you. Welcome to my life.
Nate 'epic' Archibald
LPhhrdcLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Keri I feel ya, is laughable at this point, the things I´ve read talk about double standars, I discussed the matter with a few people on the Episode discussion thread but people are so blind by their preferences that it was useless.

These were my posts, so I can spare you reading over thre

Quote:
Serena dating Tripp was wrong I´m not gonna defend her, but there is a difference between dating a married mad that was also actively persuing her and didn´t had a happy relationship, and trying to split a happy couple ( nate told her how happy he was with Serena) just cause she feels like having Nate, oh and may I add that Serena owed nothing to Maureen (they weren´t friends) while Serena and Jenny share a brother and Serena has not been anything but nice to her.

Oh and if Karma is a bitch, god Bless jenny after all this mess.
Quote:
IMO the main difference between Serena/Tripp and Jenny trying to steal Nate is simple, Serena realized she had a crush on Tripp tried to avoid it at first, but Tripp was all about I´m so unhappy bla bla bla, and he was showing her interest too, do I think was right ? Hell no

But what Jenny is going to do is a completely different story, she knows NS are happy, both of them have been so nice to her in the last episodes, and suddenly she realizes Nate is the new it thing she wants to have, so she decides to make a move on him knowing he is on a relationship he always wanted,

Sorry but the scenarios are completely different, yeah both of them wrong but one is worst than the other IMO.
Quote:
Ohh I agree that both scenarios are wrong, but I´ve read in here that because Serena slept with a married man she deserves Jenny scheming to get her boyfriend? I´m sorry but IMO that is just wrong, so yeah Serena has made mistakes and NS cheating on Blair , well the show has made ir clear that Serena wasn´t proud about it and ig Blair (the victim here) could move on I don´t see why some people can´t, and ST yeah also bad (the difference is that she didn´t actively schemed to get him, actually Tripp pretty much jumped on her)

And if we use the logic that what goes around comes around, well in that case I can only Imagine what's going to happen to Jenny next season, given what she has done on this one.

I agree Tati, I can´t fully judge Jenny, cause we haven´t seen the whole scenario, I was hoping we were going to see Jenny's motivations aside she wanting Nate as a new accesorie, but so far there haven´t been any, so while I need to see how this plays out, the premise of it make Jenny looks really bad.
Quote:
Well Jenny hasn´t do it yet, so yeah maybe it will be the same, so if Jenny shows remorse realize what she is doing is bad, then yeah I guess we can compare both scenarios to an extent, but again even though I´m an NS fan I can see when they make mistakes, NS pilot sex wrong, Serena was drunk (had feelings for Nate), Nate was in love, she ran away cause she felt horrible, after that she didn´t tried to make a move on Nate, actually, they avoided each other.
Serena/Tripp: She realized she was having a crush, tried to stop it, Tripp jumped on her, she was having family problems, ran away with Tripp, realized the guy was a jerk, end of story.

Now you have Jenny, she knows NS are happy, both of them are her friends to an extent, scratch that Serena is her step sister, so she has the right to actively persue Nate cause all is fair in love and war, excuse me but that logic is not logic, oh and Nate hasn´t give her any indications that he has a romantic interest on her, yeah the guy has been nice to her, but Nate is a good guy, actually their convos have had Serena on it.

Anyway I see you have your opinion, and my arguments are not gonna change it, so I guess we just have to agree to disagree.
Quote:
Motivations is exactly my problem, I don´t see any motivations on this scenario aside Jenny wanting Nate cause she feels he is her prince charming, at first I thought maybe Serena is gonna do something to Jenny so she is gonna do it as revenge yeah not happening, then I thought maybe she feels like Nate is miserable and that she can make him happy unlike Serena, not happening either, lastly I thought maybe Jenny is gonna be on drugs, so her actions are gonna be justified because she is out of it, not happening either, so her only motivation is as shallow as her wanting Nate cause he is the IT boy on the UES

I don't see things black or white, and I agree all the characters on GG has done questoinable things, and most of the time I can see why they do it right or wrong, this time I just can´t see it, ohh wait I can but I can´t condone it.
Quote:
Could be, in that case I guess people saying Serena's feelings were rushed are also questionable, cause in that case Jenny went from wanting to have sex with Damien to being in wuv with Nate.

and even IF she has strong feelings for him, her motivations are still as shallow and wrong as I said before.
I did post a lot
Old 03-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't watch last night episode but by the pace of this thread a lot must have happened

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

I agree that NS are being too trusting about this. And I get that Jenny is like, "lost" or whatever right now - but that's not exactly an excuse to go after your step-sister's boyfriend, who just told you explicitly that he and your step-sister are very happy together. I just...don't approve. I mean, people on this show have screwed up moral compasses. Serena and Nate have both done not-so-great things. But that doesn't mean Jenny has any right to interfere in their relationship.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Addicted Fan

tftnt!

i love Dorota in that new sp
Old 03-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrathanSupporter (View Post)
I didn't watch last night episode but by the pace of this thread a lot must have happened

we're actually talking about the promo and sneak peeks more than anything right now

I think you'll be severely annoyed by Jenny too after watching the sneak peeks.

Keri I share your sentiments.. but it's not like Jenny is getting a lovefest in the SS thread right now, quite the opposite. And watch it, if as Tati speculated, Blair in the end is the one who's taking her down (because it would make sense, she's messing with her best friend's man), Jenny is in for a real hard fall on her sorry little ass. Which may then prompt her to take revenge by using Chuck.. enter the spoiler about Chuck and Jenny in bed, that will be TOTALLY innocent but that Jenny may exploit by lying (her specialty) about what happened. And result? She is just shipped away at the end of the season. Clearly she doesn't achieve anything with Nate (and we knew that already) or least of all Chuck. She's even to be absent for the first few episodes of next season, so there really isn't absolutely ANYTHING that indicates any buildup whatsoever for her and Nate, it's the exact opposite. I think she's just a means to an end. Create problems for NS (but the real reason for the breakup will be Daddy VdW, I'm convinced) and show how a third person isn't the problem at all because they're in love.. it is OTHER issues (like Serena's daddy issues) that may cause the real problems.

Someone posted in the SS thread that Dorota being stressed out about this and that not having gone smoothly is probably Jenny's doing since she tries to sabotage the party. I agree that will be the case. Which is even good because she has no excuse whatsoever for her behaviour at that point. She will do her damnedest to make Nate believe that Serena has forgotten about his bday. Then once her plan fails miserably, she'll make the last desperate effort and try to kiss Nate. Nate will go WTF over it as per promo.

You know what. I'm starting to think this is over by the end of the episode. As in Nate will tell her "look there's no way I can be more than friends with you, I'm happy with Serena so deal with it". Because the kiss thing is too obvious for him to ignore it. But they'll remain friends. THEN, in epi 19 when Chuck makes him realise that Jenny is not a kid anymore, Nate puts two and two together. But, with the attempt at kissing coming, I honestly can't see how this can be dragged on for so many episodes? So it'll probably take a different turn after this episode. Hmmmm....

Makry, awesome posts! But why waste time? There's no worse deaf than the person who doesn't want to listen. That's how it goes in Italian

Last edited by TexasForever; 03-30-2010 at 08:21 PM
TexasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Wonderul long post Makry

haha thanks Ale
I'd really perfer Serena to give Jenny the smackdown But if Blair did do it for Serena, that would make the perfect segway for Jenny to get involved in CB's storyline once she's booted out of NS's. I don't know if I like the idea of Nate realizing what she did and telling her off, but than just brushing it off and being friends with her the next few episodes. So are you saying Nate will put a stop to it and realize she had feelings for him but shut that down and be friends, but realize how manipulative she's been and that's what he realizes in 319? I don't know if I like this as much...

umm Ale, what do you make of this filming info the NJers are bringing over?
With the big fake smiles, and stupid lies, when deep inside your bleeding. To be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark, to be kicked when your down, to feel like you've been pushed around, to be on the edge of breaking down, but no ones there to save you. Welcome to my life.
Nate 'epic' Archibald
LPhhrdcLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

Serena or Blair, as long as Jenny get's the smack down she deserves

As for the Kiss, I think Nate might say like He didn't mean to lead her on because he's happy with Serena and Jenny will just be like Okay, I'm sorry, it won't happen again and pretend to back down because it didn't turn out like she planned And is it bad I want to punch Jenny's face out in those previews?

And I don't understand how anybody can think this is NJ buildup. It's just going to make NJ and J look even worse then before. And somebody please show me your sources for those spoilers A link please.
Kaite | icon: ?

Last edited by peace_love_couture; 03-30-2010 at 09:54 PM
peace_love_couture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

You know what's amazing to me? People in that other thread making statements like "I can see how Jenny is in love with Nate". Um, what? So Serena's feelings for Nate are rushed over the course of 6 episodes and months in GG time but Jenny could be "in love" with Nate in a week and that's ok?

I'm curious if these same people that don't have a problem with Jenny actively pursuing her sister's boyfriend who's told her that he's happy with Serena now, then maybe they will once they see her little schemes in the next episode. There is no way in hell that Jenny isn't scheming. Is it bad that there's a part of me that really hopes that Chuck/Jenny sleep together? How quickly the tides would turn.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
brave princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPhhrdcLover (View Post)
Wonderul long post Makry

haha thanks Ale
I'd really perfer Serena to give Jenny the smackdown But if Blair did do it for Serena, that would make the perfect segway for Jenny to get involved in CB's storyline once she's booted out of NS's. I don't know if I like the idea of Nate realizing what she did and telling her off, but than just brushing it off and being friends with her the next few episodes. So are you saying Nate will put a stop to it and realize she had feelings for him but shut that down and be friends, but realize how manipulative she's been and that's what he realizes in 319? I don't know if I like this as much...

umm Ale, what do you make of this filming info the NJers are bringing over?
I'm not sure if you're still here but I am pretty convinced that those people who claim that NJ were "filming" are full of ****, just like those people who were claiming DS get a "happy ending" in the finale. Um? I don't think so.

But yeah, I am thinking that Nate does brush off her kiss in 3x17 and continues to be there for her and then ends up really realizing everything she's done by 3x19. I'm not sure how I feel about it going down that way either.
serendipity or fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Master Fan

I don't understand their reasoning at all for that but what ever I mean I thought she was still hung over Damien and that's why she didn't want to give the pills back, because she's still thinking about him.

I have the same feelings about the CJ spoiler. I care more about NS than CB And I don't think I could handle it if Nate took J's virginity. But whatever, Serena will always be Nate's first.

Who else is seriously excited to watch Nate shoot jenny down?
Kaite | icon: ?
peace_love_couture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace_love_couture (View Post)
Serena or Blair, as long as Jenny get's the smack down she deserves

As for the Kiss, I think Nate might say like He didn't mean to lead her on because he's happy with Serena and Jenny will just be like Okay, I'm sorry, it won't happen again and pretend to back down because it didn't turn out like she planned And is it bad I want to punch Jenny's face out in those previews?
Get in line for that punch

And I agree this is the scenario. I think Nate will realise what happened later. The Kiss incident will be closed this way. BUT I think she will do other things later, just not so evident? And at that point Nate in 19 will realise what she was actually up to, and the proverbial sh.t will hit the fan.

Quote:
And I don't understand how anybody can think this is NJ buildup. It's just going to make NJ and J look even worse then before. And somebody please show me your sources for those spoilers A link please.
OH I'm sure there is a link. To the Penn boards. That's where the info came from, a person on that board. What they posted seemed to be a PM, strangely that person didn't post those specifics but only mentioned in PM. And again, Penn boards. DSers who how can I say... have an interest in NJ working because despite the umpteenth nail on the coffin for DS last episode, they still think NS is buildup for DS (Didn't you know? NS is buildup for BOTH NJ AND DS, the clear intention of the writers ) Need I explain?

Quote:
You know what's amazing to me? People in that other thread making statements like "I can see how Jenny is in love with Nate". Um, what? So Serena's feelings for Nate are rushed over the course of 6 episodes and months in GG time but Jenny could be "in love" with Nate in a week and that's ok?

I'm curious if these same people that don't have a problem with Jenny actively pursuing her sister's boyfriend who's told her that he's happy with Serena now, then maybe they will once they see her little schemes in the next episode. There is no way in hell that Jenny isn't scheming. Is it bad that there's a part of me that really hopes that Chuck/Jenny sleep together? How quickly the tides would turn.
CJ sleeping together as in having sex isn't happening but I'm pretty damn sure that Jenny WILL get back at Blair by using Chuck. Lying about something that didn't actually happen. And trust me, that too will QUICKLY make the tides turn

As I said I think the scheming will change because the idiot will burn her chance with the kissing as it's too obvious. So she'll keep on going, in a more "subtle" way (provided Jenny knows ""subtle" which I know is one BIG assumption ).

Last edited by TexasForever; 03-30-2010 at 10:24 PM
TexasForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBudgrl8 (View Post)

I like CB to an extent, haven´t been enjoying them as much the last episodes, so I wouldn't like CJ sleeping together, but her scheming to make it look like it happened, yeah I would like to see that

Oh and the SS thread is really bipolar, one week Nate is the worst friend ever, next week Serena eats all the screentime, the next one is about Blair not having an SL, next one about how much jenny sucks, next one no actually Jenny doesn't sucks, and so on, that thread really depends on the people that post, and most of them are CB'ers that are annoyed because their couple is not as front center as before.

ETA: Oh and may I add that Jenny does not loves Nate , my god if the show intended me to believe that, well then Jenny's love is the most selfish I have ever seen

Last edited by makry; 03-30-2010 at 10:17 PM
makry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Just coming in to see what's up and found the SS thread in its usual chaos.

Makry, those posts were awesome. I especially liked this line:

Quote:
Oh and if Karma is a bitch, god Bless jenny after all this mess.
I'm at a point where I'm just ready to sit back and see what happens. This Jenny stuff is proving to be the most tedious part of the show for me right now (that may be because I despise third-party static of any kind and cyclic characterization).

The turning point for all of this is definitely expected around 3.19 when Nate is supposed to realize Jenny is no longer a kid (the sooner this episode comes around, the better). What foundation that lays for future Nate/Jenny, or doesn't lay for them, is clearly seen differently depending on how much a viewer likes Nate/Serena, Nate/Jenny, Serena, Nate, and Jenny. I just need a break from the Jenny static.

Quote:
You know what's amazing to me? People in that other thread making statements like "I can see how Jenny is in love with Nate".
Agreed, JRBudgrl8. I'm not getting that Jenny loves Nate at all. She doesn't care what he feels or what Serena feels. I would like to think that if the writers were writing this as real love, true love, this season they would have just allowed Jenny to wait for the right opportunity. Well, she's not waiting; she's scheming and acting nuts.

Bring on Daddy VDW please!

Luthor ღ Lang ♥ Confessions of an L/Ler
jnnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

This storyline is making my heart hurt.
serendipity or fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread