Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Okay i'm feeling the need for some NS fangirling/analyzing: P
315's first NS scene:
umm first of all seeing their feet sticking out together was super cute, and than panning up as you hearing their panting/moaning = omg haha I totally didn't expect it. And seeing them all exhausted, and Serena's face was just like in amazement of Nate's sexual powers, which thoroughly amused me, especially with "who needs coffee after a wake up like the?" haha they were/are so satisfied with each other
Okay, Nate's "I thought you thought he was dreamy" in reference to Damien cracked me up so hardcore . His tone of voice, and the way he moved his body to emphasize it was absolutely hilarious. Oh how I adore him. And his reaction to Serena telling him of douchy-Damien's moves on her (which I'm really glad she told him just for that, but it also played into the later stuff with Damien) was perfect too. He was upset and protective and immediately labeled him horrible, very small sweet moment for me

The SJN scene:
Okay, someone pointed this out and once they said it I can't help but see it the same way, and it kinda weirded me out. The whole NS having secret convos with their eyebrows/eyes and talking over Jenny's head did feel very...parental, with Jenny being the kid. And with Nate looking at her as this little girl, it only increased that. Creepy considering

The NS phone first phone call:
Serena's plan was silly (which she admitted later) and Nate had the foresight to see that and tell her. He also seemed uncomfortable with the idea of it because of the Damien angle after what he just found out about him, he obviously wasn't comfortable with him being around Serena alone. Serena had a point with the whole bad boy thing being more tempting the way Rufus was dealing with it, and that his groundings weren't making any impact (Jenny obviously needs much bigger consequences), but it made sense for Nate to call Rufus, he is the one show should deal with Jenny, not NS. Plus I think Nate has a lot of respect for Rufus, so it made sense to me. It also made sense that Serena would be upset her plan didn't work, and that Nate was right and went forward with his own idea without telling her. This wouldn't have been made into a big deal had the next stuff went down in the next phone call.

The second NS phone call:
Well honestly I think we've talked this one to death a bit, but I'll just reiterate. Nate was uncomfortable with S's plan with Damien, felt Rufus should deal with Jenny, and when Serena informed him it was at the cost of Jenny losing her v-card to a guy that was looking increasingly shady and unreliable, it got Nate connected to when he lost his v-card. Now he lost it to the right girl, the girl he was in love with, but it all fell apart afterwards. he was obviously still very hurt over it. The show has shown us clearly twice now that Serena really wasn't aware that he was in love with her back than, so though I believe she had feelings for him she didn't know how strong his were for her, had she known I think she would have treated things different with him after that night and when she got back. But she wasn't aware, and they way she acted made him feel like she wasn't in love with him either. I think they both felt that night meant a lot to them, but they didn't think it meant as much to the other as it did themselves, of course that's going to cause hurt feelings and conflict. So Nate's got all these mixed up feelings about his first time being a mess, it was with the right girl and yet it was still a mess. And here Jenny was ready to lose it to a guy he felt was going to probably leave her (which he did) hurting her like he was hurt, but the situation would be even worse because it wouldn't even be with the right person. So Nate jumped into protective-older brother mode () I think he's always had a "I want to look at for her" kind of caring, and that's what came out, but added with his feelings of his own experience it made it much more intense that usual. He never meant to say anything about Serena's past sex life (and to assume he was judging her is really wrong in my mind, because you have to take it in context and look at his past behavior as well. He's never done it before, even with a much worse situation with his married cousin, so no I don't think he meant to judge her, or thinks he's any better than her at all) it just all came out jumbled and he didn't express himself well (which is understandable considering the topic is pretty personal and was probably hard for him to bring up). Serena misunderstood at first, and her reaction to what she thought he was saying about her was understandable, its good for her to stand up for herself and not be that bland-take-whatever-people-throw-at-me-without-defending-myself girl from season one. I never thought that was the true Serena, and I'm glad she's back to the character I always saw her as.

The NS Hall scene:
Reminded me a bit of their 102 hallway fight hehe, random but I love any callback like that, even if unintentional
First of all, his touching her arm in a comforting way was lovely. They are very touchy-feely with each other all the time, even in the most innocent of ways, so many times when they've been standing in-front of each other they just have to put their hands on each other's waist/arms I got into this a little about already, so Nate tries to explain and Serena stands up for herself. And finally Nate is able to form into words what he really meant and was his motivation, his hurt over her leaving him and feeling like she never felt as strongly for him as he did for her. As soon as he started expressing this Serena's attitude totally changed and she saw where he was coming from. Nate's voice when he said his line about losing his v-card to the girl he loved and then she left not to be heard from for a year, it was heart-breaking and beautiful. And you could see Serena's sadness over hurting him, and realization how much it had actually affected him. I think she was being struck again with the realization (like in 310) that he really was in love with her back than.

The punch:
umm it kinda came out of nowhere on Damien's part to me. I mean I kinda get it, but over-reaction much It was small, but Serena rushing over worried about Nate, putting her hand on his arm was sweet to see her concern. And when he told them the whole situation with Damien Serena immediately told him (not Dan) where she thought they'd be. In that one moment of her saying this and them looking at each other I think she was telling him she was okay with him going to help her. She trusted him to help (more so than she did for Dan to do something, even though he was right there, and is jenny's brother, who's supposed protective-very contrived to me that he didn't go with Nate in that moment, but alas that isn't as dramatic).

The final scene:
I'm going to say again how much I love how very domestic they seem with each other. The relationship feels very natural and adult, and I'm very grateful for that. Again a small thing, but him taking off her coat was very sweet He apologized, (even though I think he was kinda in the right) and this again shows how different he is with her. He doesn't usually apologize easily, its normally the other way around, he definitely holds her in much higher regard than anyone else. And she forgave him instantly because she already knew show was wrong and wasn't holding it against him anymore, no need to hold onto things like that cause they understand each other. And her apology for leaving him after that night This is something I'd been hoping for for a very long time. It was wonderful to hear her talk about that night. And when she said this he was making a face like 'you don't have to apologize for that' because he knew, before she even said it, that she didn't mean to hurt him, and he was already calmed down from his earlier upset over it. Her wishing they could go back and re-do that night was wonderful to hear. She finally truly understands that he loved her than, and if only she had known that back than things wouldn't have gotten so messed up and they wouldn't have lost each other for so long. That being said I certainly don't think she would have just picked Nate and willing screwed over Blair, but it would have been very different She wants that lost time back, but its beautiful to see that they finally understand how they both feel themselves, and knowing how they other feels about them. He loved her than, he loves her now, and they can finally just be. They can be free to be in-love. And when she said she loved him, I honestly loved his reaction. No words necessary. I think he already knew she did now (he was just insecure about before) but had just been waiting to hear her say it. No pressure. And she was ready to say it, and it felt so very natural. His small smile at her confession was simple and beautiful. The kiss was sweet and the forehead leaning was so adorably NS. (pilot flashback anyone )
With the big fake smiles, and stupid lies, when deep inside your bleeding. To be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark, to be kicked when your down, to feel like you've been pushed around, to be on the edge of breaking down, but no ones there to save you. Welcome to my life.
Nate 'epic' Archibald
LPhhrdcLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPhhrdcLover (View Post)
Okay i'm feeling the need for some NS fangirling/analyzing: P
315's first NS scene:
umm first of all seeing their feet sticking out together was super cute, and than panning up as you hearing their panting/moaning = omg haha I totally didn't expect it. And seeing them all exhausted, and Serena's face was just like in amazement of Nate's sexual powers, which thoroughly amused me, especially with "who needs coffee after a wake up like the?" haha they were/are so satisfied with each other
Okay, Nate's "I thought you thought he was dreamy" in reference to Damien cracked me up so hardcore . His tone of voice, and the way he moved his body to emphasize it was absolutely hilarious. Oh how I adore him. And his reaction to Serena telling him of douchy-Damien's moves on her (which I'm really glad she told him just for that, but it also played into the later stuff with Damien) was perfect too. He was upset and protective and immediately labeled him horrible, very small sweet moment for me

The SJN scene:
Okay, someone pointed this out and once they said it I can't help but see it the same way, and it kinda weirded me out. The whole NS having secret convos with their eyebrows/eyes and talking over Jenny's head did feel very...parental, with Jenny being the kid. And with Nate looking at her as this little girl, it only increased that. Creepy considering

The NS phone first phone call:
Serena's plan was silly (which she admitted later) and Nate had the foresight to see that and tell her. He also seemed uncomfortable with the idea of it because of the Damien angle after what he just found out about him, he obviously wasn't comfortable with him being around Serena alone. Serena had a point with the whole bad boy thing being more tempting the way Rufus was dealing with it, and that his groundings weren't making any impact (Jenny obviously needs much bigger consequences), but it made sense for Nate to call Rufus, he is the one show should deal with Jenny, not NS. Plus I think Nate has a lot of respect for Rufus, so it made sense to me. It also made sense that Serena would be upset her plan didn't work, and that Nate was right and went forward with his own idea without telling her. This wouldn't have been made into a big deal had the next stuff went down in the next phone call.

The second NS phone call:
Well honestly I think we've talked this one to death a bit, but I'll just reiterate. Nate was uncomfortable with S's plan with Damien, felt Rufus should deal with Jenny, and when Serena informed him it was at the cost of Jenny losing her v-card to a guy that was looking increasingly shady and unreliable, it got Nate connected to when he lost his v-card. Now he lost it to the right girl, the girl he was in love with, but it all fell apart afterwards. he was obviously still very hurt over it. The show has shown us clearly twice now that Serena really wasn't aware that he was in love with her back than, so though I believe she had feelings for him she didn't know how strong his were for her, had she known I think she would have treated things different with him after that night and when she got back. But she wasn't aware, and they way she acted made him feel like she wasn't in love with him either. I think they both felt that night meant a lot to them, but they didn't think it meant as much to the other as it did themselves, of course that's going to cause hurt feelings and conflict. So Nate's got all these mixed up feelings about his first time being a mess, it was with the right girl and yet it was still a mess. And here Jenny was ready to lose it to a guy he felt was going to probably leave her (which he did) hurting her like he was hurt, but the situation would be even worse because it wouldn't even be with the right person. So Nate jumped into protective-older brother mode () I think he's always had a "I want to look at for her" kind of caring, and that's what came out, but added with his feelings of his own experience it made it much more intense that usual. He never meant to say anything about Serena's past sex life (and to assume he was judging her is really wrong in my mind, because you have to take it in context and look at his past behavior as well. He's never done it before, even with a much worse situation with his married cousin, so no I don't think he meant to judge her, or thinks he's any better than her at all) it just all came out jumbled and he didn't express himself well (which is understandable considering the topic is pretty personal and was probably hard for him to bring up). Serena misunderstood at first, and her reaction to what she thought he was saying about her was understandable, its good for her to stand up for herself and not be that bland-take-whatever-people-throw-at-me-without-defending-myself girl from season one. I never thought that was the true Serena, and I'm glad she's back to the character I always saw her as.

The NS Hall scene:
Reminded me a bit of their 102 hallway fight hehe, random but I love any callback like that, even if unintentional
First of all, his touching her arm in a comforting way was lovely. They are very touchy-feely with each other all the time, even in the most innocent of ways, so many times when they've been standing in-front of each other they just have to put their hands on each other's waist/arms I got into this a little about already, so Nate tries to explain and Serena stands up for herself. And finally Nate is able to form into words what he really meant and was his motivation, his hurt over her leaving him and feeling like she never felt as strongly for him as he did for her. As soon as he started expressing this Serena's attitude totally changed and she saw where he was coming from. Nate's voice when he said his line about losing his v-card to the girl he loved and then she left not to be heard from for a year, it was heart-breaking and beautiful. And you could see Serena's sadness over hurting him, and realization how much it had actually affected him. I think she was being struck again with the realization (like in 310) that he really was in love with her back than.

The punch:
umm it kinda came out of nowhere on Damien's part to me. I mean I kinda get it, but over-reaction much It was small, but Serena rushing over worried about Nate, putting her hand on his arm was sweet to see her concern. And when he told them the whole situation with Damien Serena immediately told him (not Dan) where she thought they'd be. In that one moment of her saying this and them looking at each other I think she was telling him she was okay with him going to help her. She trusted him to help (more so than she did for Dan to do something, even though he was right there, and is jenny's brother, who's supposed protective-very contrived to me that he didn't go with Nate in that moment, but alas that isn't as dramatic).

The final scene:
I'm going to say again how much I love how very domestic they seem with each other. The relationship feels very natural and adult, and I'm very grateful for that. Again a small thing, but him taking off her coat was very sweet He apologized, (even though I think he was kinda in the right) and this again shows how different he is with her. He doesn't usually apologize easily, its normally the other way around, he definitely holds her in much higher regard than anyone else. And she forgave him instantly because she already knew show was wrong and wasn't holding it against him anymore, no need to hold onto things like that cause they understand each other. And her apology for leaving him after that night This is something I'd been hoping for for a very long time. It was wonderful to hear her talk about that night. And when she said this he was making a face like 'you don't have to apologize for that' because he knew, before she even said it, that she didn't mean to hurt him, and he was already calmed down from his earlier upset over it. Her wishing they could go back and re-do that night was wonderful to hear. She finally truly understands that he loved her than, and if only she had known that back than things wouldn't have gotten so messed up and they wouldn't have lost each other for so long. That being said I certainly don't think she would have just picked Nate and willing screwed over Blair, but it would have been very different She wants that lost time back, but its beautiful to see that they finally understand how they both feel themselves, and knowing how they other feels about them. He loved her than, he loves her now, and they can finally just be. They can be free to be in-love. And when she said she loved him, I honestly loved his reaction. No words necessary. I think he already knew she did now (he was just insecure about before) but had just been waiting to hear her say it. No pressure. And she was ready to say it, and it felt so very natural. His small smile at her confession was simple and beautiful. The kiss was sweet and the forehead leaning was so adorably NS. (pilot flashback anyone )

Keri this post is love and yeah Pilot flashbacks

Old 03-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks bb
aww we didn't get a clear shot of it though did we? cause that would have been a wonderful icon, with both from the piolt and last episode
With the big fake smiles, and stupid lies, when deep inside your bleeding. To be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark, to be kicked when your down, to feel like you've been pushed around, to be on the edge of breaking down, but no ones there to save you. Welcome to my life.
Nate 'epic' Archibald
LPhhrdcLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Keri love love love ur analysis loved it so much that i teared up a little
Old 03-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Those flashbacks have so much more meaning now i love how they are making NS past history part of her current one, in the end I fall in love with them due to their history.

And yeah I see lots of LP and NS similarities ( don't shot me BL fans), I love the little throwbacks, it was made LP so special in my eyes.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Inglorious Bassterds stills: Gossip Girl Picture - Zuzanna Szadkowski, Connor Paolo, Chace Crawford�on TV.com
Old 03-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

ohh the party surprise!!!! Serena is so sweet and Nate so happy!!

airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPhhrdcLover (View Post)
I did, I was just catching up, and I felt the need to cheer you on for that, cause the responses were pathetic. They totaly missed your point, and what they were saying was pretty much going in circles, that's when its clear to me they just aren't getting it and it isn't worth it right now. yes, I'll keep my eye on it for spoilers and for a few people's posts, but I'm definetly doing skiming, and only posting ocassionaly But don't regret you posted it, they need to hear it over and over again if they're ever going to get it. Which they aren't yet, but maybe later they willl.

And I just have to say: I really don't understand that absolute obsession with CB sexy scenes! I get that they want something and are dissapointed from the little they've gotten this season, but the level to which they are focusing on it is kinda weirding me out Do I love the sex scenes we've gotten with NS? Of course I do. I adore that our couple is hot and can't keep their hands off each other, and that the show acknowledges Blake/Chace's amazing chemistsry. But would I be freaking out if they didn't get these scenes? No. Its not a big deal. It really isn't. Especially when you've already been given a bunch of scenes in the past. *deep breath* Okay, that was one rant out over that

Makry, there are only two options IMO (I haven't even read the spoilers thread, I'll catch up later):
1. Almost every NSer goes there and defend them. They are not going to get it either but at least it's not 12 people against 1
2. You stop caring about what they think about NS

I hate the fact that in that thread, GG is about an epic love story between Chuck and Blair and the other people in their lifes that try to hurt them:
Nate: he's a crappy friend to Chuck. He was Blair's boyfriend and cheated on her with Serena. For that reason and being a manhore in S2, he should be punished by not being able to say a word. But at least I love him more this season
Serena: Blair's BFF. She hurt Blair too. Now we don't hate her that much. We don't get why she get that much screentime though
DV: They are cute together but we don't really care, they are not really important in CB's life (aka the show).Vanessa slept with Chuck Dan should definitely have more scenes with Chuck
Jenny: she wasn't that bad till CJ were happening in the finale. Now it's not true so we went back to not caring

Of course, with all of this, and the lack of CB sex, we feel like the worst treated ship ever

And we HAVE to see the show the same way because luckily they own the truth; they don't realize it's a GG thread, not the CB S&S thread, and they can't talk the way they do about other characters just because they don't ship them. And that's the biggest reason only CBers post there, because almost everyone who ships other couple feels uncomfortable. I don't want to express an opinion just to see how they discredit it or tell me I am 6 years old based in the fact they are just right and especially, they are more.
And those are the reasons I don't post there frequently.
I just post there sometimes because I love some posters and their discussions

And going back to NS:

Awwww they look so cute. And Nate seems so happy! I'm really looking forward to this episode
Eric I really hope we get a SE scene maybe talking about Nate? or maybe even a SNE scene

Last edited by TLA=Leyton; 03-23-2010 at 03:38 PM
TLA=Leyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

NS look beautiful and adorable and perfect!

Hate that Nate has a scene with Jenny, though. I wouldn't mind so much if we didn't know she's plotting something.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Is that quote about everything being about CB real?!? Someone actually posted that, Eva? Because if so, I may have to go beat my brains out.
The show is about SERENA and Blair, first off. Chuck is a minor character who was barely relevant in the books. Nate, Dan, Vanessa, and even Jenny were all WAY more important than Chuck.

On a better note, ADORABLE still
a r t h u rm o r g a n a

Jacquelyn.
brokenshards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

yeah, CBers think that this is the CB show I like them as a couple, I do. But the most of the times they don't think that there are so much characters, IMPORTANT, n the show. They think that the others are just a collateral of CB story and I think that it's not fair.

I started to watch GG and I already knew that CB was the Main Couple, so I think that is because of this that I'm not a hard CBer. I love so much more NS.

But unfortunately CBers are the most of the GG board, especially the Spoiler thread, so I feel unconfortable on that thread, I don't post too much there...and the Spoiler thred is a bad place for me, because almost always everyone is so disagreeable with the other shippers....

But!! Aww I hope so a SE scene!! And Eric tells to his sister that he's happy for her because she have finally found her soulmate...it was about time

airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

It bothers me, this is the first show I've ever watched where the fans have dismissed all but one couple. Even if there are main characters, it's never THIS bad to the point that they crucify all others and say they "take away" their precious couple's screen time. GG would be the dumbest show ever if it was all CB all the time. God, that annoys me to no end.

OTH had tons of different spoiler pages based on couples, maybe we should've done that lol.
a r t h u rm o r g a n a

Jacquelyn.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenshards (View Post)
Is that quote about everything being about CB real?!? Someone actually posted that, Eva? Because if so, I may have to go beat my brains out.
The show is about SERENA and Blair, first off. Chuck is a minor character who was barely relevant in the books. Nate, Dan, Vanessa, and even Jenny were all WAY more important than Chuck.

On a better note, ADORABLE still
No, no, no nobody posted that
that was me talking about the spoilers thread and the summary of what I read everyday there
Old 03-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLA=Leyton (View Post)
No, no, no nobody posted that
that was me talking about the spoilers thread and the summary of what I read everyday there
Oh thank god! I was about to punch someone if they really said that
a r t h u rm o r g a n a

Jacquelyn.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenshards (View Post)
It bothers me, this is the first show I've ever watched where the fans have dismissed all but one couple. Even if there are main characters, it's never THIS bad to the point that they crucify all others and say they "take away" their precious couple's screen time. GG would be the dumbest show ever if it was all CB all the time. God, that annoys me to no end.

OTH had tons of different spoiler pages based on couples, maybe we should've done that lol.
ICA Jac
It wouldn't be a bad idea. they already have theirs