Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Can you guys copy and paste the good posts in here?
Old 03-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Extreme Fan

I have to go now Anna, I can post more later maybe. But for now, a fun exchange with me and Whitney:

Quote:
I think NS are the easiest because they hide the most from people. CB are who they are and make no excuses. NS fake it a lot even when they don't like people. I adore them but I think it's much easier for them to be beloved and golden by putting on a fake face. They hide the messy, complicated sides of themselves. That's why I'm glad they're letting them out with each other.
Quote:
Whitney you hit the mark right on with something I've always felt about NS People love CB because they are so complicated, but I've honestly always seen NS that way too, its just they hide it better. CB are who they are, take it or leave, they won't hide how screwed up they are for anyone. But for NS its very easy for them to just slip into roles assinged to them 'prince' and 'princess' of the UES ect. They are golden, but that goldness definetly has a dark side. And I think its very telling that that deeper, emotional, screwed up, side is coming out in with each other. Cause they don't have put on any facade with each other, they really do see both the light and the dark of one another.
Quote:
I agree with all of this. Very well put. I love that the facade drops with each other. They are vulnerable and real and not trying to pretend. It clearly means a lot to both of them.
Quote:
I agree with all of this. I think Serena is more aware of what she is putting out there than Nate. She smiles when she's miserable. Nate's "fake" face comes because he's really convinced himself he's fine and happy even when he's not. It's not until he's really pushed that things explode with him. I think CB are more secretive and internal but they don't hide who they are. They embrace who they are and just don't let anyone get too close. NS let people close but never show their true feelings (or very rarely and usually only with a select few).
With the big fake smiles, and stupid lies, when deep inside your bleeding. To be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark, to be kicked when your down, to feel like you've been pushed around, to be on the edge of breaking down, but no ones there to save you. Welcome to my life.
Nate 'epic' Archibald
LPhhrdcLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

ohh I agree all the quotes!!!

and tftnt

airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Supreme Fan

TFTNT!! title
Another war in the spoilers thread?? AGAIN??? I decided yesterday I'm not posting there till the episode airs I hate the way they talk about Nate. We should go there someday and talk about C or B.

Anyway... AMAZING POSTS
Old 03-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPhhrdcLover (View Post)
me too

Oh man they get me whipped up sometimes
Us bunnies have gotten our suits of armor

aaaand I've reached my limit I knew once I posted that comment the convo would become circular It'll never fully change in there I suppose, there will always be those people. But I shall take me breather, and than continue clinging to the good pots in there
When it goes in circles, perfectly pointless to post. But I saw that the convo picked up then and there have been some REEEALLY good posts (including yours and makry's of course )

I don't feel the need to defend at all costs against raging hate, it's the nonsense that I get annoyed with.

And, bringing over from previous thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPhhrdcLover (View Post)
Ale

I agree, of course. Honestly I still love the way they are being written. Especially with all the soapy storylines going on, I love that NS are in a romance, and of curse they're bringing the cute, but they're also getting the nitty-gritty, hard, serious stuff of relationships. The fact that the writers are adressing these issues,a nd constantly bringing up NS's past makes me more confident in them being really invested in them. I love that we're finding out their perspective from the past,t aht was sorely lacking. People can like it or not, but its canon know what they say they were feeling, and it was so abiguous before. Its not freakin' re-writing history, its clearifying ambigous history in a way that some may not like, but its being defined nonetheless.

And yeah, I'm sorry, but Nate can't make one comment that was slgihtly out-of-line when he's pissed because he's hurt by the girl he loves.
ummm dobule started much? Hello?? I'm sorry, are CB just a bunch of fluffy teddy-bears that have never said anything that hurt each other? ugggh it is a double standard. And I'm so tired of it :rollseyes:

Oh and Ale, I totally get the refrence Alias was freaking amazing
Keri

yes the double standards abund in certain cases, especially when a boy dares say something angry at a girl! Heaven forbid!

Ahaaa a fellow Alias fan.. then pretty surely you'll get my icon too? God, the awesomeness this man is. And the awesomeness Alias is
Old 03-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasForever (View Post)
yes the double standards abund in certain cases, especially when a boy dares say something angry at a girl! Heaven forbid!

Ahaaa a fellow Alias fan.. then pretty surely you'll get my icon too? God, the awesomeness this man is. And the awesomeness Alias is
Didn't you got the memo, Nate's only purpose is to look pretty, he is not allowed to get mad or ask for explanations since he made mistakes when he was 16 year old kid

Your icon yeah still gets me

Last edited by makry; 03-22-2010 at 03:17 PM
makry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Supreme Fan

Ale are we here at the same time????

Quote:
And yeah, I'm sorry, but Nate can't make one comment that was slgihtly out-of-line when he's pissed because he's hurt by the girl he loves.
ummm dobule started much? Hello?? I'm sorry, are CB just a bunch of fluffy teddy-bears that have never said anything that hurt each other? ugggh it is a double standard. And I'm so tired of it :rollseyes:

I don't get it either they can go through threads just bashing a particular character (of course one of these: DVJNS) and all we can do is wait, but no one, and I mean it, NO ONE can't say anything bad about C or B. Or even disagree with their bashing

ETA:
I'm catching up in the Spoilers thread and I found this :

Quote:
About people hating on NS, I´m completely cool about and as you said you're entitled to hate them I mean I hate NJ and I don´t hide it there is no reason for me to ask you the same.

I guess what we were saying is that we haven´t even seen the episode to make a complete judgement, besides NS are happening NJ don't so as a fan of them is difficult being able to post in here when every episode people pick only on the bad stuff when IMO some good stuffs can also be discussed, anyway maybe is something I have to deal with.
loved your post Makry.

And it's sad but true

Last edited by TLA=Leyton; 03-22-2010 at 03:31 PM
TLA=Leyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Eva, I wasn´t sure people would get my point, happy to hear you were able to
Old 03-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Spotted!
March 22nd, 2010

Spotted: B & C with S & N at Minetta Tavern. OMG. Best double date ever. BRB dying of jealousy. D leaving the dorms early in the am. Guessing he just spent the night. Trying not to get mental image of what probably happened there… J and Damien hanging in the lobby at the Smyth, where Damien is staying. Wondering if they’ll ever bring their party upstairs…

xo xo Gossip Girl
aww N-JBC dobule date of looove

Ale, Eva, Makry
haha seriously, anyone who knows me would say I'm the least confrontational person ever, but once my buttons have been pushed properly *shakes head* the hating on N/S NS lately has been getting to me lately cause boy has the snark been coming out But I'm glad you guys enjoy it

Eva if anyone critiques CB in there they will be bomabared by pretty much every poster.

Ale I was obsessed with Alias when it was on. I haven't watched it in so long though ohhh yes, that icon of yours is veeeery drool worth. He is in my top of celb crushes

yep, it seems s2!Nate mistakes will forever keep him from eveyr making mistakes, or getting angry again in the fture for some. Poor bb Just stand still look pretty

And yeah, the double standards can be frustrating, but alas are apart of being in a fandom.

Okay, Anna, and for those who don't want the bad of that thread, but just the good, heres's the stuff that I enjoyed and you might find interesting :

Quote:
I don't think that the N-JBC never judge each other because clearly they do. But they never back down when one of them needs help. They also are able to turn to each other with their issues. Serena, Chuck, Nate and Blair have problems sharing and seem most comfortable doing it with each other. While, they might lash out about certain things they never do in a crisis. When Serena needs help they stand up. When Chuck needs help they stand up. I think their comments sometimes can be very harsh but it never seems to determine the love they have for each other. Nate might think Blair is a loon but he still cares for her. Serena might think Chuck is awful sometimes but she's still worried when he's upset. CBN might make snide comments to Serena but they're all going to step up and be there when she needs them, no judgment, no questions, etc. Judgment is going to be in any relationship. I try my best never to judge but I know I am just as guilty as others. I think it's what you do with it that counts. I might judge some things my friends do but I never love them less and I'm still there for them. That is what I think the N-JBC does for each other.
Quote:
Nate getting a POV was severely needed. I prefer him when he's well rounded. That might make him more flawed but I don't mind that at all. I've ALWAYS wanted them to touch on everything that came before and the emotional repercussions for him. He was a kid who was in love with a girl who didn't love him back. Did he do crappy things to Blair? Absolutely. I don't excuse that. But I never found him to be the devil, just extremely lost and confused about what he wanted, what he needed, and what he was supposed to be doing. The fact that he feels comfortable enough being open with Serena and not just being her lap dog is great to me. I would be so bored if all they did was smile and giggle and profess love all day long.
Quote:
No one deserves that treatment. She was wrong plain and simple. I just don't think anything is ever truly black and white. I don't think Nate was the devil and Blair was the saint. I think Nate was a kid who screwed up and hurt her. I think Blair was a kid who knew something wasn't right but was too scared to own up to it and lose her safety net. I think Serena was a kid who knew what she was doing was wrong but also had feelings she didn't know what to do with. They were in a very screwy situation and NS did a stupid thing and hurt Blair. They shouldn't have. Nate should have been strong enough to dump Blair and tell her he was in love with Serena. Blair should have had enough self respect and love to dump Nate and tell him she was worth more. Serena should have had the same and owned up to her part. I just can't judge them too harshly because I don't think any of it was malicious. I think if Nate could have loved Blair and not Serena and had that happy, easy fantasy he would have. I think if Serena could have shoved down those Nate feelings she would have. And I think Blair could have found that self love back then she would have. None of them were strong enough. I'm just glad they all seem to be past it now. SB settled it long ago and finally seem right with it and Nate finally got to get his feelings out last night.
Quote:
Poor Nate. He just has a hard time expressing himself because he rarely does. It all comes out wrong but the boy is trying. This is the first time he's been allowed to do so. I think that's why I'm enjoying NS so much. They're not writing them as a flash in the pan couple.

CB are terrified of showing their good sides to the outside world and NS are scared of showing their bad sides. It's really interesting how different they are but that they all feel the need to hide some piece of themselves.
Quote:
Partly, what you said about them being stifled by those around them. They are THE golden children. Nate walks into a room and girls swoon. Serena is the most desirable girl ever. They have everything (in people's minds) so they should just be happy. I think the other side of it is that they don't trust easily. Serena holds onto everything because she's scared of people leaving her. It's easier for her to accept them leaving if she hasn't given them all of her. Once she gives them all and they still walk away she's broken. I think for Nate he prefers having more casual relationships with people. He doesn't like being so entangled. He likes being able to walk away. The times that his feelings have stuck he's been in bad places, mostly with Chuck and Serena. It's easier for him to deal with Dan, Vanessa, whoever else because they don't really know him or get him. They're his friends as far as he lets them be.
I think Serena likes being liked and thrives on that acceptance. I don't think Nate truly cares. It's something he's always had but nothing he's ever had to work for. I think as long as he had SBC he would be fine. He relies on them for most things anyway. I feel like ND is largely about a "guy" friendship that is uncomplicated and provides an outlet for Nate to feel helpful from time to time.
Quote:
I guess you and I see Serena differently, because to me Serena does tread lightly in terms of keeping her unpleasant thoughts, opinions, emotions, etc to herself. IMO she also ends up swallowing alot of shyt thrown at her ("WHORE!!" for example) and apologizes for shyt she doesn't need to ever apologize for (like bieng beautiful, having money, being from the UES, etc.) In contrast, Blair tells it like it is. If she hates you, she lets you know. If she thinks you're a schmuck - she has no qualms about saying it. Blair would NEVER apologize for being from the UES. She would never apologize for being successful or popular (maybe partly because she feels like she damn well earned it. ) If someone called her a whore she'd probably kick their asses.

Weirdly, the one person that Serena will consistently be unpleasant with and really tell it like it is is Chuck. They have this strange, brutally honest relationship going on. Other than that, I see Serena mince her words, hold back not so nice thoughts, etc.

Now, having said all that, Serena can be HELLA thoughtless. I think most of the crappy things she does stems from that (taking over Jenny's birthday, callously having an affair with Maureen's husband, etc.) So when I say she's pigeon holed into this "nice girl" persona I don't mean she never hurts people because CLEARLY she does. I mean that she has a hard time expressing really negative emotions, opinions, etc even when they are in her own defense.
Quote:
I think both you and Whitney have a point here. In that, who doesn't like being perceived as "oh nice girl/guy!". We all do. So I guess that applies to both Nate and Serena in terms of general person. In terms of "wanting" to be perceived like that I think Serena is more likely to care about that than Nate. Nate just doesn't care in that he thinks he has the right behaviour, in this sense he's FAR more self-assured than Serena. He knows he's doing the right thing when he does it, and if he screws up, he's also pretty aware he's screwing up, like with the Cougar story, he knew that was wrong but he chose to go a certain way to obtain a certain result. Then he put it in perspective later. So I think Nate cares less about how he is perceived just because he's more self-assured, he doesn't need a lot of "approval" to be ok.

Serena on the other hand is extremely insecure when it comes to right or wrong, which means she'll seek for approval and for "oh you're so nice" from other people more actively than Nate does.

This said, I find it puzzling to see people jump at Nate's throat because he made a comment about Serena sleeping with many people WITH the comment coming from his hurt about having been basically used as a Kleenex back in time. (though that wasn't the case, but he didn't know when he made the comment)

Uh, so people get hurt and angry and make comments that they regret (and they DID talk about it later in the episode). I fail to see what the big deal is. It's a REALISTIC portrayal of a relationship. People discuss and in real life? Say things that are a LOT meaner than what Nate said. He was just hurt and made a comment about Serena sleeping with a lot of people... uhm so? I feel like for the first time I've seen some freaking authenticity on GG. Because it very rarely, or never, is there. They fought and said inappropriate things and then they clarified what it was all about and that made them GROW as a couple, to the point of Serena saying something very important, that she loves him. It's very good storytelling as far as I'm concerned.
Quote:
I've always thought of Nate as being kind of an action oriented guy (act now, think later ), but the one time he was really indecisive as far as I can remember was during the triangle. He's always ready to drop someone when they screw up. He also doesnt' have much of a problem going AFTER a woman when he wants her (the Blair factor didn't stop him from sleeping with Serena, the Chuck factor didn't stop him from going after Blair in NB3.0, etc.) So I think the fact that he was so indecisive during this one particular period of time may indicate that you're right: He actually loved both Blair and Serena. It wasn't as simple as his family obligations keeping him tied to Blair.

I love what you said here "He wanted to escape with S, but there was no shelter better than home. He couldn't 100% free himself from the boundaries and family honors and glory." As much as Nate craves freedom (and every few episodes or so declares "I'm going to be my own man") he still ends up back in the family fold over and over again. So he isn't JUST about pure freedom. He's not as free spirited IMO as Serena or as free (mainly due to circumstance) as Chuck. He kind of likes those family ties too.
I think it'll be interesting if the show handles Nate's love for Serena and his continued ties to his extended family - especially after all the Trip and Nate stuff went down.
Whitney, Angela and Ale Sorry i wasn't able to directly quote the posts.
With the big fake smiles, and stupid lies, when deep inside your bleeding. To be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark, to be kicked when your down, to feel like you've been pushed around, to be on the edge of breaking down, but no ones there to save you. Welcome to my life.
Nate 'epic' Archibald

Last edited by LPhhrdcLover; 03-22-2010 at 04:20 PM
Old 03-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks Keri
I'm such a loser I just finished catching up with the Spoilers thread, and it took me more than 1 hour
Amazing posts and I complete and utterly agree with most of what's said in them
Old 03-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Extreme Fan

No problem bb I'm trying my half-way tactic, I'm only reading certain people's posts and avoiding others I know will bother me It works when needed.

And Ale BB you never responded to my pm
Nate 'epic' Archibald
Old 03-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLA=Leyton (View Post)
Thanks Keri
I'm such a loser I just finished catching up with the Spoilers thread, and it took me more than 1 hour
Amazing posts and I complete and utterly agree with most of what's said in them
Eva, we are INDEED on at the same time!

And yes the bashing is getting to really annoying levels, I fail to understand the need for it frankly. Big freaking deal, he was upset and made a comment. He apologized and they talked it over in the end, WHAT EVER!

Quote:
Ale I was obsessed with Alias when it was on. I haven't watched it in so long though ohhh yes, that icon of yours is veeeery drool worth. He is in my top of celb crushes
get your butt online and watch with Makry and I then! Makry almost passed out at the THE KISS scene. And I say THE KISS because that was one of the best ever kisses on TV. She went OMG right before and then didn't utter a word for about a minute.

It's really sad that my Michael Vartan crush never goes away but now it's just as bad as it was when the show was on Damn, rewatching does it. That's why you should rewatch with us Just so you feel a little pathetic too for fangirling over Michael Vartan

Quote:
Didn't you got the memo, Nate's only purpose is to look pretty, he is not allowed to get mad or ask for explanations since he made mistakes when he was 16 year old kid

Your icon yeah still gets me
Oh yeah I forgot about the memo. God forbid Nate gets pissed over anything, including someone stabbing him with a fork or something. He's supposed to smile and go "I'm a bad friend for Chuck because I never continuously harass him saying how much I love him and I never follow him around trying to prevent him from making mistakes and I don't serve as his faithful crying partner when he's down". Sorry, I get mad at certain comments

My icon is a dangerous choice. And consciously dangerous, I'm not entirely sure what'll happen when the never-dying love for Michael Vartan/Vaughn from all the Alias fans resurfaces thanks to it As powerful as Rambaldi's devices
Old 03-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Air
Elite Fan

hey guys! loved NS tonight.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Loyal Fan

I heard things went really well. Unfortunately, I missed the episode.

I'd love to catch up with it. Hopefully, someone has it uploaded to YT (I'd even accept a mediocre quality vid; I'd just like to see the scenes myself).

Luthor ღ Lang ♥ Confessions of an L/Ler
jnnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Addicted Fan

breakfast in bed

their ILY's
Reply   Post New Thread