Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mr&Mrs [Chuck ♥ Blair + 1] #156: We disagree on their top song, but CB will always be our #1!

~The Defectives~
{Welcome to the 156th ChuckBlair Appreciation Thread}

Winners of Best Kiss, Best Dramatic Couple and Best Overall Couple in the First Annual Couples Board Summer Awards Competition.

+

Because they're Chuck and Blair, Blair and Chuck. A devil redeemed and an angel drawn
to the darkside. They know each other better than they know themselves. She loves every
part of him. He can't imagine a day he won't love her.

Our bets on them.

+

Through it all, I made my mistakes, I stumble and fall, but I mean these words
I want you to know with everything I won't let this go, these words are my heart and soul

SHIPPERS:
back

181. Daydreamer09 182. SofieSofia 183. obsessed_aussie 184. L i N d $ @ y
185. ladybug70981 186. karevluvsstevens85 187. Zoie85 188. livelife22
189. iLoveChair 190. Natesgal55 191. blazing star 192. iszy 193. jcox20
194. the 4th Lorelai 195. Arabella Jade Lautner 196. `toomuchpurple
197. FumblingTowardsEcstasy 198. ixluvxchilly 199. yuzzz66 200. Flame.of.love
201. LostinKP 202. rainydreams 203. AlwaysCB 204. Destined for Tears
205. Sparkleyღ 206. chairdelenaradrian 207. tranquility 208. Blairღ 209. mrmarkus01
210. Aylo 211. -diana- 212. hannah.lia 213. varietyofwords 214. fragileღheart
215. stilestilinski 216. ireallyamsorry 217. baelfire24 218. justamodernrock 219. fedeCK
220. defygravityx 221. SLAT92

+

Chuck and Blair Soundtrack
Season One
Stripper - Soho Dolls | With Me - Sum 41 | How Does It Feel - Eskimo Joe | One Week of Danger - The Virgins | You're A Wolf - Sea Wolf | Three Wishes - The Pierces | Pieces of Me - Song and Wager | Time To Pretend - MGMT | The Ice Is Getting Thinner - Death Cab for A Cutie
You were amazing up there
Season 2
Fell In Love Without You - Motion City Soundtrack | I Can Feel a Hot One - Manchester Orchestra | Sea Out - Guillemots | Crash and Burn Girl - Robyn | With Light, There is Hope - Princess One Point Five | Dark on Fire - Turin Brakes | Hero - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour | Signs - Bloc Party | Slow Show - The National | Season of Love - Shiny Toy Guns
I love you and I know you love me too
Season 3
No Sex For Ben - The Rapture | Oh! Forever - Brakesbrakesbrakes | Embers - Just Jack | Animal - Miike Snow | Moth’s Wings - Passion Pit | Lessons Learned - Matt and Kim | Star Power - Sonic Youth | Strangers - The Dirty Secrets | Unfinished Business - White Lies | Home - Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros | Ain’t Going to Nike Town - Son of Dave | People C’mon - Delta Spirit | I See You - Mika | I Am Down - The Plastiscines | The Only Exception - Paramore | Too Late - M83 | Wild Wolves - Athlete | Secrets - OneRepublic | Gospel - The National | Falling Down - Scarlett Johansson | Make Believe - The Burned | Look Alive - Wait. Think. Fast. | Percussion Gun - White Rabbits | Salvation - Scanners | Paradise Circus - Massive Attack | Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright - Eastern Conference Champions | Under Pressure - Crooked Fingers
I love you Chuck and I'll always be your family
Season 4
Ghost in the Machine - B.o.B. | I’m In Here - Sia | Afraid of Everyone - The National | Bambi - Tokyo Police Club | Pages of the Weekly - The Broken Remotes | None of Dem - Robyn feat. Royksopp | Love The Way You Lie - Eminem feat. Rihanna | Stand By Your Man - Tammy Wynette | Hang With Me - Robyn | Dancing on My Own - Robyn | Kick You To The Curb - Pony | Blue Moon - Kendal Johansson | Devils - Say Hi | Make Me Wanna Die - The Pretty Reckless | I Saw the Light - Spoon | Towards the Sun - Alexi Murdoch | Space Bound - Eminem | Through the Dark - Alexi Murdoch | Oh, It’s Christmas - Rosebuds | Monokini - Nous Non Plus | Del Ray - Sola Rosa | Ladder Song - Bright Eyes | Rolling in the Deep - Adele | Space + Time - The Pierces | In Safe Hands - Badly Drawn Boy
But it wouldn't be my world without you in it
Season 5
Video Games - Lana Del Ray | Shells of Silver - The Japanese Popstars | Haunted Heart - Little Hurricane | Somebody That I Used to Know - Gotye feat. Kimbra | Heartlines - Florence + The Machine | Coming Down - Dum Dum Girls | Outro - M83 | Wicked Game - James Vincent Mcmorrow | Slow - Grouplove | Wait - M83 | Alive - Hustle Roses | Strange Kind of Love - LEAGUE | Spit You Out - Lissy Trullie | Love is A Fire - Courrier | Halfway Home - Tribes | Misery Train - Conduits | In Your Nature - Zola Jesus | We Are Young - fun.
That's one thing I learned from Blair, you don't give up on the people you love
Season 6
Hang It Up - The Ting Tings | Angels - The xx | The Riot's Gone - Santigold | Paper and Gun - The Cold and Lovey | Pick and Choose - Stepdad | Sweet Life - Frank Ocean | Dancing Alone - DIRTY RADIO | Tunnels - The Hundred in the Hands | Buccaneer Mastery - I Am In Love | Bonnie & Clyde - Great Northern | It's Time - Imagine Dragons | Road To Nowhere - Release the Sunbird | You've Got The Love - Florence + the Machine
Three words, eight letters - One word, three letters, yes!

+
Youtube Videos
Poison + Wine by bumcrackmosh182
Losing Your Memory by bumcrackmosh182
Chuck&Blair | Fix you by leyton88
never let me go by bumcrackmosh182
new york by bumcrackmosh182
staring at it by bumcrackmosh182
the mess i made by bumcrackmosh182
Blair and Chuck • A thousand years by bettyboop0893
like magnets..always pulled back together by Tinchy2010
Chuck/Blair | Set Fire To The Rain by TheBerryCullen
Icons
+ by ChrisM

+ by issa

+ by `toomuchpurple

+ by la bestia negra

+ by la bestia negra

+ by la bestia negra

+ by `toomuchpurple
Links
chuck and blair's top ten matching outfits (s4-s6)
chuck and blair's top ten songs
chuck and blair [DOT] org
chuck and blair livejournal community
chuck and blair fanlisting
ed westwick's board
leighton meester's board

+
Future Title Suggestions
Because as Ed predicted they had a little Chuck Baby in a bow tie
"I think they belong together." -Ed
Because we all rooted for her to be Blair Waldorf-Bass
Because we're all in with Chuck and Blair

+
Previous Threads
001 | 002 | 003 | 004 | 005 | 006 | 007 | 008 | No# | 009 | 010 | 011 | 012 | 013 | 014 | 015
016 | 017 | 018 | 019 | 020 | 021 | 022 | 023 | 024 | 025 | 026 | 027 | 028 | 029 | 030 | 031
032 | 033 | 034 | 035 | 036 | 037 | 038 | 039 | 040 | 041 | 042 | 043 | 044 | 045 | 046 | 047
048 | 049 | 050 | 051 | 052 | 053 | 054 | 055 | 056 | 057 | 058 | 059 | 060 | 061 | 062 | 063
064 | 065 | 066 | 067 | 068 | 069 | 070 | 071 | 072 | 073 | 074 | 075 | 076 | 077 | 078 | 079
080 | 081 | 082 | 083 | 084 | 085 | 086 | 087 | 088 | 089 | 090 | 091 | 092 | 093 | 094 | 095
096 | 097 | 098 | 099 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111
112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127
128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143
144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 |

i love you. ♡
Old 09-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Chuck&Blair
song survivor
Top Ten

1. Signs - Bloc Party (2.13 played when Blair finds Chuck in her bedroom and she hugs him)

i love you. ♡
Old 09-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

OUR TOP 10 CHUCK AND BLAIR SONGS

Aurora;

10. Video Games
"It's you, it's you, it's all for you, everything I do"

9. Three Wishes
"if we built an armor for our tender bodies. could we love each other
would we stop to feel."

8. Dark on fire
"it sounds tacky, but I'm hopeful there's a reason that the world turns
round.through silent sound. set the dark on fire."

7. Season of love
"crazy with it. crazier without. love, love, love."

6. Signs
"I see signs now all the time, that you're not dead you're just sleeping.
I believe in anything that brings you home to me."

5. I'm in here
"I'm in here, can anybody see me? can anybody help?"

4. In safe hands
"you gave your best to me. allow yourself to be free."

3. One week of danger
"we're best friends. we hold hands. we're in love. you're my man."

2. Stripper
"you can call me x, you can call me y,you can call me z,
you can come and try. come and try."

1. With me
"I want you to know with everything I won't let this go"

Dani;

1. With Me - Sum 41 (I have to agree with Rora when she says this is the song that really encapsulates CB's entire journey. It's also the first song that I associate with CB.)

2. Video Games - Lana del Rey (Whenever I hear the song it reminds me of the scene immediately. I still get a little teary eyed whenever I hear it - which considering I've never cried at any tv/book/song/etc, is a huge deal )

3. Heartlines - Florence + the Machine (This song helped get me through the dark days . All I'd have to do is listen to it and I'd be like, yep, I know how this journey is going to turn out. "Just keep following the heartlines on your hand" was such an important lyric for me. Plus I love Florence's songs.)

4. Season Of Love - Shiny Toy Guns (I wasn't that keen on this song when I first heard it but it really grew on me and now I love it. Some lines just give me tingles "Crazy with it, crazier without, Never certain, never full of doubt, Now you feel it, now you don't, Do you know what you're feeling? Where did it come from, And where does it go?, If it were right in front of me, Would I know?" - HIT ME WITH CB FEELS WHY DON'T YOU )

5. Signs - Bloc Party ("Two ravens in the old oak tree" - CB are the raven's y'all! )

6. Angels - The xx

7. I'm In Here - Sia

8. Wild Wolves by Athlete

9. Rolling in the Deep - Adele

10. Love Is A Fire - Courrier

Sarah;

1. Signs
2. Angels
3. Video Games
4. You're A Wolf
5. Ghost in the Machine
6. One Week of Danger
7. With Me
8. I'm in Here
9. Too Late
10. Wild Wolves

*honorable mention to the instrumental music that plays during the "it's just a game" and "because i'm going to love your baby" scenes, that would probably make #6 on my list*

christina;
1. Signs - Bloc Party (you can see my reasoning here)

2. With Me - Sum 41 (encapsulates Chuck and Blair's journey from beginning to end, but primarily brings up limo feels for me, which is why I did not make it my top selection)

3. In Safe Hands - Badly Drawn Boy (the song perfectly matches what Chuck and Blair are doing in the scene, particularly Chuck's decision to let Blair go and let her be with Louis who he perceives to be as the better, safer choice than himself)

4. Dark on Fire - Turin Brake
s ("In the morning, when you wake up daytime fades up and your make up runs, just hold on" is exactly what Chuck and Blair are doing in this scene. They've decided that they cannot be together right now, but they are agreeing that in the future they will try and that is supposed to give them and us hope to make it through another day apart)

5. I’m In Here - Sia
(Train scene. More specifically, the "can anybody see me?" matches how Blair looks at what Chuck is trying to do by being Henry and reminds him of who he truly is and how she is only one that sees him that way)

6. You're A Wolf - Sea Wolf
(I've always connected the woman in the song chasing out the wolf and saying "the one that you are looking for, you're not gonna find her here" with Nate returning and trying to convince Blair to go to cotillion with him. Blair was fundamentally changed by her performance at Victrola so she no longer matches with Nate.)

7. Angels - The xx (the "being as in love with you as I am" part gets to me, and it supports Chuck and Blair's journey as a couple)

8. Season of Love - Shiny Toy Guns (Two lines in this one get to me: "crazy with it, crazier without" and "and maybe it's been inside of me all this time" because we all know Chuck and Blair have a crazy love and that the ability to be in this relationship has been inside them, but especially Chuck, all along. The emphasis on season, though, always reminds me that this will be temporary. For now.)

9. Sea Out by Guillemots (I don't think this perfectly matches the scene, but it certainly gives me CB feelings)

10. Video Games - Lana del Rey (tbh, I don't really like the song. I find Lana's voice very grating in this song. But I think the emphasis on "it's you, it's you, it's all for you" really underlines what Chuck is trying to in this scene and what he is trying to tell Blair through his apology.)

11. You've Got The Love - Florence + the Machine (honorable mention because I get so many Chuck, Blair, and Henry feelings from this song)

i love you. ♡
Old 09-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

There's just something special about a shiny new thread isn't there?

Ta Rora
Old 09-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Passionate Fan

tftnt, Rora!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blairღ (View Post)
It's not that much difficult to posting a new round. At least we don't have 5 or so OPs! (OMG the stress!)

I hope so too! I'm debating if I should watch VV with everyone else or do it tomorrow morning... I don't think I can face my laptop tonight!

Are you feeling better now?
Posting the S3 survivor over at GG is stressful enough, thank you. I always feel like I'm going to muck it up or someone will sneak a post in before I can post the second/third part of the survivor.

I was hoping you'd be around for VV, but I understand if you'd rather sleep. Getting better is slightly more important than CB.

My sniffles went away, but now my stomach is queasy. I'm hope it's just from something I ate. Either that, or I have butterflies over rewatching VV.

Christina | vote Natalie Dormer | icon
Old 09-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

love the op. Have I been added?
Old 09-22-2013, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by varietyofwords (View Post)
Posting the S3 survivor over at GG is stressful enough, thank you. I always feel like I'm going to muck it up or someone will sneak a post in before I can post the second/third part of the survivor.
that is a worry! I tend to get all of the posts ready at once, though as a mod, I don't have the time limit on the posts. I tend to forget that though

Quote:
I was hoping you'd be around for VV, but I understand if you'd rather sleep. Getting better is slightly more important than CB.
I'll still be up, I'll just be watching everyone else rewatch [/creeper] . I am actually super tired, I just can't get asleep.

Quote:
My sniffles went away, but now my stomach is queasy. I'm hope it's just from something I ate. Either that, or I have butterflies over rewatching VV.
Well that's kinda good? Feeling sick is the worst feeling in the world tho, so let's hope it's excitement
Old 09-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
that is a worry! I tend to get all of the posts ready at once, though as a mod, I don't have the time limit on the posts. I tend to forget that though
I try to get them both ready before posting, but it's a nerve wracking 12 seconds waiting to be able to post again.

Quote:
I'll still be up, I'll just be watching everyone else rewatch [/creeper] . I am actually super tired, I just can't get asleep.
I liked your creepy tweeting. Will you be watching next week, too? Someone else should tweet during the 3 pm rewatch so Tweety can tweet from the GGFF account and y'all can get more publicity. Hope you can fall asleep soon!

Quote:
Well that's kinda good? Feeling sick is the worst feeling in the world tho, so let's hope it's excitement
It went away when I started watching the episode and now it's back. CB were a great distraction. Maybe I should go watch some more...

Old 09-23-2013, 02:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! I really need to study the OP posts for once
Old 09-23-2013, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I liked your creepy tweeting. Will you be watching next week, too? Someone else should tweet during the 3 pm rewatch so Tweety can tweet from the GGFF account and y'all can get more publicity. Hope you can fall asleep soon!
I'll definitely be watching next week because 108 is my fave GG episode ever . It's hard getting people to live tweet the 3pm rewatch tbh.

Quote:
It went away when I started watching the episode and now it's back. CB were a great distraction. Maybe I should go watch some more...
CB are the best distraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility (View Post)
yep, don't be a Sarah
Old 09-23-2013, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

tftnt!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I'll definitely be watching next week because 108 is my fave GG episode ever . It's hard getting people to live tweet the 3pm rewatch tbh.
I'm glad you'll be there. I can also do the 3pm rewatch, if needed. I would just need a little advanced warning so I plan my homework/studying appropriately.

Quote:
Well, I can give you a hint and say that the fanart right below "Our bets on them" is no longer rebloggable. The person that made it deleted it.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well, I can give you a hint and say that the fanart right below "Our bets on them" is no longer rebloggable. The person that made it deleted it.
But I wouldn't be able to anyway, I don't have Tumblr.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I usually do a lot of rewinding for that episode...so maybe a way to indefinitely avoid feeling ill? And if it isn't good enough to stave off a cold or even distract you from feeling...you've seen lots of C/B starting and starting out really well. So no lose situation.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
But I wouldn't be able to anyway, I don't have Tumblr.
But how do you waste time on the internet, Em?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStewart4President (View Post)
I usually do a lot of rewinding for that episode...so maybe a way to indefinitely avoid feeling ill? And if it isn't good enough to stave off a cold or even distract you from feeling...you've seen lots of C/B starting and starting out really well. So no lose situation.
I ended up rewatching their scenes again later in the evening, but my stomach is still iffy so might need to go rewatch some more tonight.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread