Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2009, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Most Epic Couples #1: The greatest stories ever told.

I'm sorry if there's already a thread like this,but I didn't see it.

I've thought it was good to open one about epic couples.I'll start with my epic couple.

Kate and Sawyer from Lost.

They're the epitome of epicness to me.They got separated,but they always find each other.Because people meant to be always find each other.He sacrificed for her,she kept a promise and a child because she couldn't let him go.And he couldn't let her go either.

All they need now is to know that they still love each other,more than ever.

Sydney and Vaughn from Alias.

They got separated a lot of times too,but they always find each other again.Because he's her guardian angel,her soulmate,her everything.

Liz and Max from Roswell.

Even Destiny got them apart,but True Love always wins in the end.

Rose and Jack from Titanic.

There's no need for words.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The only epic couple I've watched & shipped is Jack Shephard & Kate Austen from Lost.

The others may have turned out OTP,endgame,meant to be;but whenever the word epic comes up JK are the only couple I can think of.

Last edited by ale-la-pazza1; 09-22-2009 at 08:17 AM
ale-la-pazza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

Quote:
The only epic couple I've watched & shipped is Jack Shephard & Kate Austen from Lost.

The others may have turned out OTP,endgame,meant to be;but whenever the word epic comes up JK are the only couple I can think of.
Exactly what I think
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I find the word "epic" overrated tbh. There's only one couple that I ship that I believe to actually be epic and that's Buffy and Angel.

They had a forever love. She found the strength to believe in herself and accept her calling because of him. He found the strength to become a man because of her. In Chosen they both saw a future with each other after they'd been broken up for 4 years.

She sent him to hell to save the world and he gave up her humanity to save his life. Their relationship was built on the belief that the other was strong, special and the most important being in the world without powers. Just being them was enough.

And one day Buffy will be able to hang up her stake while Angel will have received the mortality he deserves and they'll be together

That's epic

Old 09-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Banned

I don't know if I think any couple is epic, lol. I mean what defines what is epic? It's all relative, lol.
chemistry86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
I don't know if I think any couple is epic, lol. I mean what defines what is epic? It's all relative, lol.
Quoting Logan Echolls:

Veronica: Epic how?
Logan: Spanning years and continents. Lives ruined, bloodshed. EPIC.

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
iram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I always defined it as being above the norm in terms of story and chemistry. Something bigger than anything I've ever seen But that's just me.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Banned

I think Logan was on to something, hehe.
Quote:
I always defined it as being above the norm in terms of story and chemistry. Something bigger than anything I've ever seen But that's just me.
I think your right to some degree. Few couples these days have stand out chemistry. I think three couples in my life time have shocked me with their chemistry, lol. Though I think no story is perfect though, which is why I think that's kinda subjective
Old 09-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I call epic when two people are ready to die for each other,I call epic when two people sacrificed for each other,I call epic keeping promises,no matter what.I call epic separations and reunions,after years of waiting.I call epic when two people can even be with other people but it would never be another one like that person,the only one for each other.That's what I call epic.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
I think your right to some degree. Few couples these days have stand out chemistry. I think three couples in my life time have shocked me with their chemistry, lol. Though I think no story is perfect though, which is why I think that's kinda subjective
Well no story is perfect right? We love what we love regardless of the faults. I don't think BA is perfect in execution. I just think their story is something different and nothing was done halfway. If they had a sad moment, it was heart-breaking. When they had a happy moment, it was so out of this world happy that it almost seemed impossible.

Chemistry helps but that alone doesn't make me ship. It's always about the story.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyt (View Post)
It's always about the story.
I agree.Chemistry is something more,but doesn't define "epic" to me.

To be honest,I don't ship Buffy and Angel,because I ship Spike and Buffy,but they definitely deserve to be here,because they are epic.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Banned

I do agree that the story is as important as the chemistry. I don't ship Bangel either (though I am doing a rewatch to see if that changes), but I agree they did have an epic story.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Another epic couple is Henry and Claire,The Time Traveler's Wife.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Chemistry helps but that alone doesn't make me ship. It's always about the story.
Word.

Quote:
I mean what defines what is epic? It's all relative, lol.
Just like chemistry right?

Quote:
I call epic when two people are ready to die for each other,I call epic when two people sacrificed for each other,I call epic keeping promises,no matter what.I call epic separations and reunions,after years of waiting.I call epic when two people can even be with other people but it would never be another one like that person,the only one for each other.That's what I call epic.
I call epic a love story never told before. I call epic a timeless romance. I call epic getting each other completely after less than a minute spent together. I call epic a couple who can never have a proper separation because the mere thought of not being together or not knowing each other it's killing them.
But hety,that's just me
Old 09-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)

But hety,that's just me
I really don't see why you put it as I said something wrong.