Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Monroe & Charlie #1: "Monroe had a very interesting chemistry with Charlie. There was definitely a spark, as impossible as that might sound."

Welcome to the 1st
Charlie/Monroe thread

fans
1. walking with spiders
2. Musicchild
3. severalmiles
4. Lutesse
5. PerfectAngel
6. ~MelBelle~
7. aelita
8. mariem201
9. Nici Dawson
10. - Nina -
11. Scorpio1080
12. KeepThisaSecret
13. Jasonsgurl310
14. Annie-Day10♥'
15. MrsDeanWinchester
16. soapyjoes
17. chiarrai87
18. collide
19. neon-tiger
20. hlgreenie
21. Trowells
22. lynaem
23. Charloe
24. Leelala
25. Against_all_odds
26. AllyOop
27. CandyStars121
28. Spacebabe
29. xlennie
30. priya1008
31. Charlie_Monroe fan
32. cherylleigh
33. ring of fire
34. saprater
35. k731
36. Vikram Phalange
37. IceonFire7
38. tina_falls
39. deedee86
40. Famu
41. ThereYoullBe
42. VampFan10
43. LemonSupreme
44. wildirish
45. twilightfan14
46. I'mLuvinMyThesaurus
47. Jamieizskye
48. mlreeve1

honorary shippers
1. David Lyons
2. Tracy Spiridakos
3. Ely Gould
4. Duncan Page
5. Elizabeth Mitchell
6. Ryan Hooks, afterbuzz TV
7. Megan Thomas, afterbuzz TV
8. Francesca Dugan, afterbuzz TV
9. Tracy's aunt in Winnipeg
10. Rockne O'Bannon (on probation)

x

David & Tracy

future titles
"It would be kinda funny and maybe add an interesting layer to the group dynamic"
"In this season so far Monroe had a very interesting chemistry with Charlie. There was definitely a spark, as impossible as that might sound."
"Never give up hope" - Rockne S. O'Bannon
"You’re way better than he deserves." - Duncan
"The Charlie/Monroe scenes are ... always so electric. Those two have such intensity between them that it toys with Charlie's morals in a very dangerous, but exciting way."

Artwork of the Moment

x

Scenes of the Moment

XX

previous board threads
001 002 003 004 005
006 007 008 009 010

previous threads
OP design and artwork by Nelly.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.

Last edited by ~MelBelle~; 12-10-2014 at 06:13 PM
Old 12-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Total Fan

I shipped them so hard Such wasted potential. Their chemistry was insane.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Loyal Fan

A brand new home for our Charloe love!! How exciting.

Quick plug for our site... If you haven't visited yet, check it out: thegoodshipcharloe.com
Old 12-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Thank you! What happens to the 10 threads we had already?
Old 12-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

I'm wondering the same thing as Skylarc, can the old threads be moved over and saved? So much awesome Charloe...
Old 12-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Just wanted to share with all of you that we are almost half through our holiday stories being published. You can find links to all the completed ones here:

CharloeChristmas - The good ship charloe
A Very Charloe Christmas has been a huge success so far.

In the new year thegoodship will have some new and exciting stuff coming, so stay tuned.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarc (View Post)
Thank you! What happens to the 10 threads we had already?
Hey, Thessie and Skylarc, we can still access them at any time. We just can no longer respond to the threads on the Revo board, but reading them we can do. If you go down to our OP, all the way at the bottom of all the Charloe goodness there, you'll see something that says previous board threads. Click on any one of those to take you to the page that coincides with the number. Then you can still see the posts from that thread. We don't have to lose anything.

Charloe is still going strong, guys!
Old 12-15-2014, 12:30 PM
New Fan

So you know when you loved a cartoon as a kid and you go back and watch it again and it kind of sucks? Well I've been rewatching s2 to help me with a fic, and I don't see the charloe anymore! And Monroe is way more of an ass than I remember! Honestly, and I can't believe I'm saYing this, but there was a scene between Connor and Rachel that had more chemistry than I see between Charlie and Monroe. I need help getting back into this ship!
Old 12-16-2014, 12:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoo (View Post)
So you know when you loved a cartoon as a kid and you go back and watch it again and it kind of sucks? Well I've been rewatching s2 to help me with a fic, and I don't see the charloe anymore! And Monroe is way more of an ass than I remember! Honestly, and I can't believe I'm saYing this, but there was a scene between Connor and Rachel that had more chemistry than I see between Charlie and Monroe. I need help getting back into this ship!
Really? That never happened to me and i watched it about 4-5 times now. But i only watch Monroes scenes and ff everything else. I still see their chemistry but they had barely any screentime together after the first few episodes which is ridiculous. I don´t see Monroe being more of an ass its just that everyone treats him like crap so who can blame him for not being that nice.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Here you guys are!!!!!

I miss these two so much. I am proud that say that Charloe was one of my favorite OTP. OMG, there was so much that they could have went with, so many potential storylines, and I know both David and Tracy would have rocked it.

But instead...the put Charlie with Conner

What's funny is at the beginning of Season 2, the question was asked Can Monroe be redeemed? The first person I thought of was Charlie, because of the fact that she hated him more than anyone.

But I still ship these two. A real Charloe fan can tell you that chemistry was in Season 1 when he seemed kind of in a daze looking at Charlie when she stood up to Strauser when he was going to shoot her or Danny.

Duncan was also an interesting thing that happened. Why would she even think Charlie was with Monroe and not Conner? It still boggles my mind that Duncan didn't even really acknowledge Conner.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey, guys, welcome to book club on the first night of our new thread...and new board!

So I know things are different now and there will be a little getting used to everything, but we'll get there again. Anyway, the Revo board is now gone, but we can always get access to our old posts and threads. MelBelle made us a link on the bottom of the OP for our thread. Nothing is really lost

And our old board is gone, but Charloe lives on...we are in our 21st week with book club. Can you believe it! Thanks to everyone, you guys have made it awesome!

OK, so this week, I'll set the line-up as: Lemon, Ice, wildirish, and Randi...anyone else shows up, we'll add them in.

OK, Lemon, kick us off on our brand new thread!
Old 12-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Hey, guys, welcome to book club on the first night of our new thread...and new board!

So I know things are different now and there will be a little getting used to everything, but we'll get there again. Anyway, the Revo board is now gone, but we can always get access to our old posts and threads. MelBelle made us a link on the bottom of the OP for our thread. Nothing is really lost

And our old board is gone, but Charloe lives on...we are in our 21st week with book club. Can you believe it! Thanks to everyone, you guys have made it awesome!

OK, so this week, I'll set the line-up as: Lemon, Ice, wildirish, and Randi...anyone else shows up, we'll add them in.

OK, Lemon, kick us off on our brand new thread!
Hello Everyone!!! This has been a crazy week, but I'm glad to have read or re-read all of this week's stories. Great list - thanks as always Ice. My thoughts on the stories below...

What Happens In Vegas
Confession: The only fics I read over and over are the smutty ones. Is that just me? Anyway, I’ve read all of Mystic’s stories many many times. I love this one. The back and forth between Bass and Charlie is great here. I love how he admits (to himself at first and then later to her as well) that he went back for her at the school because it was HER. Sigh.

Then just when things are heating up, he gets a little scared and calls her kid. Haha
I love that she watches him fight – because, of course, that is a beautiful thing to behold. Love how she runs into his arms after he wins. Yummy. Oh and then the smut….and I am suddenly far too distracted to write about it, but I love when he says his name has never sounded so good on anyone else’s lips. Mmm. I also like the whole ‘let’s keep this secret for now’ thing at the end. Way hot.

Dancing With the Devil
Another great one where they have to get all dressed up. I like the way the party feels like a espionage movie or something…a bit cloak and dagger. It’s a nice buildup for what comes next. More great bow-chicka-wow-wow. Love the whole thing
A little free promotion for Mystic… if you haven’t read her new story “Never Have I Ever”, you should. It’s pretty awesome. 

Stitched Up
So I liked this although the fight part was really long. I tend to skim over fight scenes. Just not my thing, but I did like the interaction between Charlie, Bass and Miles. This was especially nice in the second chapter. I like how there’s an undercurrent of something going on between Bass and Charlie but it’s unclear what will come of it. I loved that Rachel was jealous and concerned. My favorite was Bass’s honesty at the end, where he says he doesn’t know what he feels for Charlie. Overall, I liked this one a lot.

New Traditons
Hmmm. This is like a story idea, but missing so much I don’t even feel I can call it unfinished. A drabble I suppose (I typically hate drabbles by the way. I want plot and character development, damnit). I like the idea behind this, but wish she’d written several actual chapters instead of only this little bit of whatever it is.

Unrelated to book club.... if you haven't checked them out yet, you should look at all the great Charloe holiday stories out there right now. A bunch for the GSC exchange and also some others.

Alright Ice... Your turn

Last edited by LemonSupreme; 12-16-2014 at 07:51 PM
Old 12-16-2014, 07:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
Hello Everyone!!! This has been a crazy week, but I'm glad to have read or re-read all of this week's stories. Great list - thanks as always Ice. My thoughts on the stories below...

What Happens In Vegas
Confession: The only fics I read over and over are the smutty ones. Is that just me? Anyway, I’ve read all of Mystic’s stories many many times. I love this one. The back and forth between Bass and Charlie is great here. I love how he admits (to himself at first and then later to her as well) that he went back for her at the school because it was HER. Sigh.

Then just when things are heating up, he gets a little scared and calls her kid. Haha
I love that she watches him fight – because, of course, that is a beautiful thing to behold. Love how she runs into his arms after he wins. Yummy. Oh and then the smut….and I am suddenly far too distracted to write about it, but I love when he says his name has never sounded so good on anyone else’s lips. Mmm. I also like the whole ‘let’s keep this secret for now’ thing at the end. Way hot.

Dancing With the Devil
Another great one where they have to get all dressed up. I like the way the party feels like a espionage movie or something…a bit cloak and dagger. It’s a nice buildup for what comes next. More great bow-chicka-wow-wow. Love the whole thing
A little free promotion for Mystic… if you haven’t read her new story “Never Have I Ever”, you should. It’s pretty awesome. 

Stitched Up
So I liked this although the fight part was really long. I tend to skim over fight scenes. Just not my thing, but I did like the interaction between Charlie, Bass and Miles. This was especially nice in the second chapter. I like how there’s an undercurrent of something going on between Bass and Charlie but it’s unclear what will come of it. I loved that Rachel was jealous and concerned. My favorite was Bass’s honesty at the end, where he says he doesn’t know what he feels for Charlie. Overall, I liked this one.

New Traditons
Hmmm. This is like a story idea, but missing so much I don’t even feel I can call it unfinished. A drabble I suppose (I typically hate drabbles by the way. I want plot and character development, damnit). I like the idea behind this, but wish she’d written several actual chapters instead of only this little bit of whatever it is.

Unrelated to book club.... if you haven't checked them out yet, you should look at all the great Charloe holiday stories out there right now. A bunch for the GSC exchange and also some others.

Alright Ice... Your turn
New Traditions - This is just a cute little drabble that seems to give across a very early view of Charloe....Rusalka Girl seems best when she has drabbles or short stories. I like the thought of them cuddling to keep warm. And the thought of him giving a gift to Charlie, even if it is just booze.

Stitched Up - I really like this. It's a very good view of how Charloe may have formed into a real relationship. I think the characters are well written and it's always so nice to see the big three as the focal points. I also like that Rachel is jealous of the closeness of Charlie, Bass and Miles...cause she's just not a part of it.

I love how they care for and take care of each other. All three of them. And I always love platonic Marlie and Miloe. All I wish is that she would have continued this story. I know she called it complete, but I could have read SO much more of this.

Dancing With the Devil - Well, mysticfalls is one of our best Charloe writers, and her smut is always so well done. I love this all, the flirting and the underlying tension...and the fact that Bass not only wants her, he wants to look out for her as well. It's great how Bass is trying to resist and do what he thinks is the right thing and then he still can't resist Charlie.

We totally could have had more of this story...

What Happens In Vegas - Again, with the outstanding tension. She writes both of these characters so very well. I love where he is resisting telling her why he went back and then finally just says "I went back for you." Ahhh...shiver...sigh. And then again, the sort of sweetness when he says "I didn't ever want it to get to this." Like he wanted to save her from him...and still could stop himself when it came to her.

As always the smut is hot and intense....again, mystic, all we needed was more.

wildirish....you're next!

And let's add Thessie at the end of the line-up
Old 12-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm late as usual...this seems to be an unceasing trend with me!

Yay for the new thread and I'm so happy we didn't lose any of our old Charloe threads.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
New Traditions - This is just a cute little drabble that seems to give across a very early view of Charloe....Rusalka Girl seems best when she has drabbles or short stories. I like the thought of them cuddling to keep warm. And the thought of him giving a gift to Charlie, even if it is just booze.

Stitched Up - I really like this. It's a very good view of how Charloe may have formed into a real relationship. I think the characters are well written and it's always so nice to see the big three as the focal points. I also like that Rachel is jealous of the closeness of Charlie, Bass and Miles...cause she's just not a part of it.

I love how they care for and take care of each other. All three of them. And I always love platonic Marlie and Miloe. All I wish is that she would have continued this story. I know she called it complete, but I could have read SO much more of this.

Dancing With the Devil - Well, mysticfalls is one of our best Charloe writers, and her smut is always so well done. I love this all, the flirting and the underlying tension...and the fact that Bass not only wants her, he wants to look out for her as well. It's great how Bass is trying to resist and do what he thinks is the right thing and then he still can't resist Charlie.

We totally could have had more of this story...

What Happens In Vegas - Again, with the outstanding tension. She writes both of these characters so very well. I love where he is resisting telling her why he went back and then finally just says "I went back for you." Ahhh...shiver...sigh. And then again, the sort of sweetness when he says "I didn't ever want it to get to this." Like he wanted to save her from him...and still could stop himself when it came to her.

As always the smut is hot and intense....again, mystic, all we needed was more.

wildirish....you're next!
First: RIP Revo Board!

Okay, this is a crazy week and tonight especially because I had a Christmas party and my niece's concert tonight too. so I wrote this out in a bit of a rush. Sorry if it makes no sense.

“What Happens in Vegas” by lostinmysticfalls
First, I just love Lost’s writing. She’s one of our very best so getting to read stories by her this week was like an early Christmas present. Woot!

Totally agree—only Monroe should call her Charlotte. It’s their/his thing. Not that he should only call her that, but that he should be the only one to do so. (Sorry, again, Ice our Gatekeeper of Nicknames and resident BC Captain.)

This was a brilliant line and I think was a subtle introspection on the changing dynamic of Bass and Charlie: “What’s scarier? The fact that I could kill you right now if I wanted to or knowing I actually mean you no harm?”

Talk about a loaded line: “I really like you, Charlie.”

I like that this story has them address why he returned in 2.09. I hated that that was one more thing that the show just brushed over in regards to these two. They’d do something and then move on like it didn’t matter. Him returning mattered. A lot. Even if you don’t ship Charloe (I’m scared of these people, lol) that was a pivotal moment for them both. Even if the writers were too scared-in-their-pants to truly approach Charloe, there was definitely the basis(at minimum) for a kind of dysfunctional friendship (for lack of a better term) between them if they’d only utilized these very integral moments (like the pool scenes and the bar and their time in New Vegas—where she went back for him that time).

Much kudos for including a Bass fight scene in Vegas. Oh boy they were some of my favorites of the show. Hehe. (Though the mild cardiac infarction I suffered upon the first scene was a tad scary but worth a risk as I rewound and rewound and re…well you get the picture ).

And phew, the smut was hot. Lost is one of the best at that stuff.

I wish I had more to say but I just got so wrapped up in reading I didn’t make many notes.

“Dancing with the Devil” by lostinmysticfalls
No, I don’t like Bass using “Kid” either. It’s just…well icky. I’d rather he call her “Baby” for a nickname (only because I know he’s used the moniker before so it fits in character).

I think that Lost is one of the more skilled fanfic writers at really kind of showing that slow burn attraction that just zinged between them whenever they were in a scene together. She has a pulse point on that kind of attraction between them—it’s hot but also crazy (b/c Charloe is insane if you think about it. But the best kind of crazy). And once again, the smut did not suck. Hehe.

“Stitched Up” by BecomeMyObsession
I’ve read this one before. As before, I like the implication that Charlie is trusted and considered capable enough to watch Miles and Bass’ backs. I agree. I loved the Miloe-esqueness of this story. (My Revo Holy Trinity is Charlie, Bass and Miles in some combination—but only Charloe non-platonic). Rachel’s jealousy at being excluded felt genuine to me b/c in my head she just isn’t apart of them at all. Dug that Charlie saved Bass’ life this time. Also loved the hints of Charloe (would not have hurt my feelings if it had been more prominent however). Disliked all the self-righteous, she thinks she’s mother-of-the-year potential stuff from Rachel. But that might be because I dislike Rachel and this week my Rachel and Connor hate has been turned way up for some reason. It’s her story and Obsession can obviously do whatever she likes but I have to say I disliked Charlie turning into someone who enjoys killing. Now I can understand her enjoying the adrenaline a scuffle can create (like her big smile after they stole the train) but to just enjoy killing seemed OOC and awkward. I think it’s because I associate Charlie as a reluctant killer. She’s a fighter but not a killer. Also am I the only one that found it a little nonsensical that a doctor was within screaming distance and they didn’t call out to Gene to help Charlie once they ascertained that she was injured? (Confession: I re-read this in a hurry about fifteen minutes before I had to leave for all my doings this evening. So sorry if I screwed up anything.)

“New Traditions” by rusalkagirl

Cute. Short. Drabble not a story.

Randi you are up!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top