Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2016, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

UGH, I know the feeling! I have enough issues with Cartoon Network when it comes to the Ben/Gwen pairing from Ben 10!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WG20 (View Post)
UGH, I know the feeling! I have enough issues with Cartoon Network when it comes to the Ben/Gwen pairing from Ben 10!
Not my generation, Ben10 started when I wasn't watching cartoons anymore... What's the issue with Ben and Gwen?
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
AnaMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

Gwen was originally going to be a classmate of Ben's in the original concept of the series, but Cartoon Network execs made Man of Action change them to be cousins because of a loophole of why she would be going along on summer vacation with Ben and his Grandpa Max. The changes didn't stop fans from shipping them though.

I would have REALLY loved if MoA could've been able to stick with this original idea, because Ben and Gwen would've made a great couple. But no, CN HAD to deny it. But anyway, cousins or not, they are absolutely amazing!

Last edited by WG20; 07-01-2016 at 10:40 AM
WG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WG20 (View Post)
Gwen was originally going to be a classmate of Ben's in the original concept of the series, but Cartoon Network execs made Man of Action change them to be cousins because of a loophole of why she would be going along on summer vacation with Ben and his Grandpa Max. The changes didn't stop fans from shipping them though.

I would have REALLY loved if MoA could've been able to stick with this original idea, because Ben and Gwen would've made a great couple. But no, CN HAD to deny it. But anyway, cousins or not, they are absolutely amazing!
Oh, it's very similar to what happened with Justin and Alex Russo! They were gonna be neighbours and have a slap-slap-kiss relationship, but they ended up making them siblings instead. The problem was that they only changed the bits where it was explicit they were neighbours and not related to living together and being family, but the slap-slap-kiss dynamic wasn't altered, so they ended up being siblings with romantic interests' chemistry and dialogues lol

Cousins is ok, I wouldn't see why not make them couple, but then again Casey and Derek couldn't get together in disney channel because their parents were married lol it sucks, I know the feeling

In Wizards, however, they did play a lot with the incestuous subtext. Like a lot. To the point where it didn't take you being a hardcore fandom shipper to notice. My mom noticed, reviewing youtubers noticed, the execs noticed. Disney ended up cutting off their interactions because of how big it got. With Pietro and Wanda I don't think they'd cut. They would play it along just like Alex and Justin, but then again, they might have killed off Pietro to avoid the benefit of doubt.

But then again, they did possibly kill him to avoid all the Fox/Marvel drama with two Quicksilvers, so I wonder to which extent would the execs let them play with it, were Pietro still alive....
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
AnaMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

HEY, GUESS WHAT? I'M BACK, Y'ALL!

Lol, I haven't been on here in at least a year & a half b/c my browser was saying the site was dangerous but now it's fine??? IDK if anyone is still interest at this point, but I'd thought I'd post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMack (View Post)
Seriously? Those scenes were cute in a fraternal way, but romantically? First off, the guy is a freaking android. Secondly, he's got no dick lol and thirdly, it's a dickless red android who talks like Google and she's a freaking teenager! Bring mah Pietro back and at least leave them to their undertones, they don't even have to steamy sex their incest up, just leave them there, alive, glancing at each other and hugging and bringing Joss's subtext on them to life, thank you very much. I still find it weird how there are people actually shipping her with Vision, what in the world?[/sp]
GOD! ^THIS^ so much!!! Like, if they just kept them both alive & made them single-pringles with moments & subtext, I'D BE HAPPY!

Emma Grace Frost

Last edited by beautiful connection ♥; 08-01-2018 at 01:29 PM
beautiful connection ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Not familiar with these two. But that's cool.

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey They're twins (which I suppose is obvious by the title ), so if that cool with you, WELCOME!
I probably have way too much knowledge on them in my head if you want a fill-in.

*tries to give this thread a pulse* LOOK AT THEIR DATE IN THE ULTIMATES 2!!!

See, if the MCU just gave us this, how they were in the Ultimate universe (before they were confirmed as canon in Ults 3 #1), just them being unspoken canon & having them be with no one else, I'd be happy. But instead, I'm a salty Sally!

Emma Grace Frost
Old 08-23-2018, 06:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

If you guys could put Wandtro in any AU, which would you choose? For example: the Walk Dead, Harry Potter, etc.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

I suppose it's not a specific AU, but: TEEN DRAMA! Yeah, I have a tag for this on my personal Tumblr blog, HERE. (The 'harleyquinnselectraheart'/"Sokovia Shore" post was mine on my old blog from 3 years ago!) I'm SUCH a sucker for angsty teen dramas, I have been since I was little watching "Degrassi"!

Emma Grace Frost
Old 09-03-2018, 06:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

So, I wrote a new fanfiction!: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15864945

Emma Grace Frost
Old 03-03-2022, 09:53 AM
Extreme Fan

SwordX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top