Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2018, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

So disappointed to hear that JTV isn't coming back until midseason, nooooo. I haven't been so eager to see a cliffhanger resolved in years.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

Brett tweeted this about the final season. I hope we'll get to see as much of him as possible. Also, love that the article below is using a JM picture .

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
So disappointed to hear that JTV isn't coming back until midseason, nooooo. I haven't been so eager to see a cliffhanger resolved in years.
Good to see you in here again, Courtney .
Andrea ღ|Icon: madness
Old 05-24-2018, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscgirl99 (View Post)
Me too.

In other news, per Upfronts, JTV is coming on midseason so we're not going to see the outcome of Michael's return until January at least.
ugh that's so long from now

I do love all the twitter articles using pictures of michael to talk about the show getting renewed
Old 05-25-2018, 06:08 AM
Master Fan

I think Brett may be back as a series regular, simply because this synopsis doesn't describe him as a guest star but we'll see.

Quote:
ANE THE VIRGIN
(@CWJaneTheVirgin #JaneTheVirgin)

Friends! Welcome back to Jane The Virgin... where surprises come at you fast and furious. This is a telenovela after all... Season Four saw our Jane (Gina Rodriguez) falling back in love with her baby-by-accidental-insemination-daddy, Rafael (Justin Baldoni). And she published her first book! Unfortunately, it didn't exactly fly off the shelves, but Jane pushed on and had her biggest writing breakthrough yet, combining her grandmother's story, her mother's story, and her own into a multigenerational love story. And speaking of the Villaneuva women... our matriarch Alba (Ivonne Coll) had a huge year! She began dating again, became sexually liberated, became an American citizen (at last!), and got married! And Xiomara (Andrea Navedo) certainly had a big year as well. At first, she found herself struggling to adjust to life as a married woman. But she and Rogelio (Jaime Camil) worked through their issues. And then, just as Xo started to get her groove back, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. After choosing to have a mastectomy, she started to go through chemo... which was tough. But she's stayed strong, with her husband's support... Which brings us to her husband, Rogelio. First, he had a baby (named "Baby") with his ex-girlfriend Darci. And then he decided to become a stay-at-home Danny (Dad + Nanny = Danny). And that lasted a whole month! But alas, he found staying home with his baby Baby pretty difficult. And he couldn't resist the SIREN call of the cameras when the network decided they wanted to remake "The Passions of Santos" for American TV. Can you blame him? That's been his dream forever! Unfortunately, that remake came with strings; it had to costar his latest, fiercest nemesis, River Fields (guest star Brooke Shields). Which finally brings us to...Petra (Yael Grobglas), who was accused of murder! Again! But Petra denied it and hired a lawyer named Jane Ramos aka JR (guest star Rosario Dawson). And then, she and JR fell in love! And when Petra's life was threatened, JR ran to her rescue, and wrestled the gun away from her would be attacker. But oh no! The gun went off! Leaving us with the classic cliffhanger - "Who did JR shoot"? And speaking of cliffhangers, remember when Jane walked into Rafael's apartment and saw her dead husband Michael (Bret Dier) standing there? Well, I did say surprises come at you fast and furious around here... JANE THE VIRGIN is produced by CBS Television Studios and Warner Bros. Television, in association with Electus, with executive producers Jennie Snyder Urman ("Emily Owens, M.D."), Ben Silverman ("The Biggest Loser"), Gary Pearl ("10.5: Apocalypse") and Jorge Granier ("Que el Cielo Me Explique").
Source
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the description! Oh, I can't wait to see Michael again. I just hope that this isn't a plot device to further cement Jane/Rafael as endgame because honestly, that would be so insulting to Michael to be brought back just for that.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-25-2018, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Another thanks for bringing that description over. I'm not sure what Brett is going to be considered as this season, guest star, recurring, or regular. But even if he were one of the first two, he can be on as long as the show needs him there. He wouldn't just need to be a regular to have a big role. That said, I'd love for him to be a regular again as it's the last season and his pilot didn't get picked up ().

Quote:
I just hope that this isn't a plot device to further cement Jane/Rafael as endgame because honestly, that would be so insulting to Michael to be brought back just for that.
I hope not too, as that's beyond insulting to Michael, his and Jane's love story, and of course us fans. But if Jennie's insistent on a JR ending, we'll likely get just that . Hopefully, she can prove us wrong one more time. A story where Michael and Jane overcome death and time apart and fall in love all over again is too good to pass up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I do love all the twitter articles using pictures of michael to talk about the show getting renewed
same. They didn't waste any time using him for promotion again. Michael's impact .
Old 05-26-2018, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I hope not too, as that's beyond insulting to Michael, his and Jane's love story, and of course us fans. But if Jennie's insistent on a JR ending, we'll likely get just that . Hopefully, she can prove us wrong one more time. A story where Michael and Jane overcome death and time apart and fall in love all over again is too good to pass up.
This is the opportunity to wrap their story up beautifully (even if I do think that his death was handled sensitively, they skipped over Jane coping with his death after the initial grief and were all, okay let's move on to the next phase of Jane's story ) and I hope that they don't waste it.

Honestly, if the only reason Michael is being brought back is to somehow validate JR as endgame, I would rather him not being brought back at all. And this is coming from a person who used to ship JR (and not JM) ... but I eventually fell for JM hard and never looked back.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-26-2018, 09:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
This is the opportunity to wrap their story up beautifully (even if I do think that his death was handled sensitively, they skipped over Jane coping with his death after the initial grief and were all, okay let's move on to the next phase of Jane's story ) and I hope that they don't waste it.

Honestly, if the only reason Michael is being brought back is to somehow validate JR as endgame, I would rather him not being brought back at all. And this is coming from a person who used to ship JR (and not JM) ... but I eventually fell for JM hard and never looked back.
I agree with all that you and the others have said. Jane and Micheal, it was hard not to fall for them. TBH, I was in, in episode one. I never got the JR thing. But I also think that, from what I saw, which wasn't much, his death was handled well. But it drove away the viewers. I hope they aren't just trying to get us back, in their final season.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)

Exactly. They have another chance to do this story and it shouldn't be wasted.

While I'll give the show credit for honoring Michael/his memory more than I initially thought, it won't make up for the sloppy way it was handled. They skipped ahead three years and viewers were expected to cope and go along with it in just merely a week's time. I quit watching a few episodes before Michael died, after news of it came out, but from what I saw/heard after his death, it was like an entirely new show. I get that they wanted to not have the show shrouded in darkness, but if they didn't want that, why kill anyone at all?

I liked JR enough in season 1, but was always drawn much more to JM and permanently chose them around the same time Jane first chose Michael in 2x04. They were a relatable couple, each other's best friends, and over the course of the show, developed a kind of relationship that you don't see on TV too often. One that's healthy and happy and doesn't need drama to make it interesting. I thought the route the show took regarding who Jane chose was a natural one. I'm not liking the idea of the show undoing Jane's choice so to speak (if that's indeed what happens). If this is their plan, I agree that Michael shouldn't have been brought back at all. Sure, he would be alive, but is that enough for a happier ending for him? He's supposed to love Jane and believe in them until he dies and that hasn't happened yet now, so what, he ends up alone at the end, pining for Jane from afar while she lives out the life she was once having with him, with someone else? Honestly, death sounds like the better option.

Last edited by bscgirl99; 05-28-2018 at 10:37 PM
Old 06-02-2018, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I’m trying not to get too excited; I just can’t help it. I feel like if they are true to Michael’s character, he will always love Jane. So to paint him in any light where that’s not true goes against the narrative they set up (“Until his last breath” )
Old 06-03-2018, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

^ I agree . We'll just have to see where this goes, I guess. I just don't want Michael ending the show alone and heartbroken. To me, that's almost sadder than death itself.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
^ I agree . We'll just have to see where this goes, I guess. I just don't want Michael ending the show alone and heartbroken. To me, that's almost sadder than death itself.
I hear you. I want a happy ending for all characters.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton

I have just watched episode 4x17 and OMG Michael is alive!!! There is hope again

I have been avoiding this thread as I had Season 4 to catch up on.

I have been reading your comments and I agree I think it would be insulting to bring Michael back just to leave him alone and heartbroken at the end.

As much as Jane loves Raf Micheal is and always will be the love of her life.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by together for life (View Post)
I have just watched episode 4x17 and OMG Michael is alive!!! There is hope again

I have been avoiding this thread as I had Season 4 to catch up on.

I have been reading your comments and I agree I think it would be insulting to bring Michael back just to leave him alone and heartbroken at the end.

As much as Jane loves Raf, Micheal is and always will be the love of her life.
I agree. He is just, well she is single and so is he. Michael, they went through so much and really loved each other.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton

Exactly they have been through so much and the only reason they parted was because Michael died but now he didn't he is back! I can't believe we have to wait so long for an explanation as to why Michael is back and how is he alive!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top