Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Marnie & Charlie [Girls] #1 : " I love you, maybe I'm an idiot for it, but I always have"

Marnie & Charlie Appreciation Thread

"I'm fine. I'm really good actually and sometimes being really good all the time feels really bad, but I'm on a journey, it's my journey and I'm ok and please do not pity me."
Marnie [2x09]

"I want you, and I'm a mess, but I want you. I want to see you every morning and I want to make you a snack every night and eventually I want to have your little brown babies and I want to watch you die"
- Marnie [2x10 ]

SHIPPERS

1. JTENEN1991
2. AlwaysCB
3. haydensgirl
4. lasha4god

IconCredit: KATIEBECKETT

Last edited by jtenen1991; 03-19-2013 at 08:15 PM
jtenen1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Absolute Fan

The I want to watch you die part made me

I love charlie and I'm glad Marnie is opening her eyes but I hope it is for thr right reasons and not because he feels safe and is lost right now
Kelly2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's funny because in season 1 I was saying to myself "OMG Marnie just dump him", but I think their time apart has made me feel the same way as Marnie. Charlie is amazing Their scene in the finale was beautiful and funny and so very awkwardly them.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

I love this couple. They aren't perfect but no couple is

Ever since Marnie broke up with Charlie she has gone completely downhill and it has been sad to watch. It was hard to watch the scenes where she was trying to deal with the whole Charlie/Audrey relationship.

It's so great to see them happy. I hope the writers don't mess with them too much next season. They most likely will.

Random note: I love how they always call each other like "dude" and "man" all the time Yes, I know I'm random haha.

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess
haydensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

add me please!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydensgirl (View Post)
I love this couple. They aren't perfect but no couple is

Ever since Marnie broke up with Charlie she has gone completely downhill and it has been sad to watch. It was hard to watch the scenes where she was trying to deal with the whole Charlie/Audrey relationship.

It's so great to see them happy. I hope the writers don't mess with them too much next season. They most likely will.

Random note: I love how they always call each other like "dude" and "man" all the time Yes, I know I'm random haha.
I completely agree, but I think her downhill spiral is exactly what Marnie needed. I feel as if she expected her life to take off without Charlie. She knows she is attractive and I honestly believe she was under the assumption she would find another wonderful man to fill that void.

Marnie and Charlie's scene just melted my heart She may have been iffy about him in the past, felt as if their spark fizzled out, but that scene ... my heart simply couldn't take it. Beautiful that she finally realized Charlie IS exactly what she needs. I for one think they have amazing chemistry. He looks so in love with her, and she finally looks the same

Old 03-19-2013, 01:25 AM
Master Fan

Could I pls be added to the list?

^^ Agreed!

How long were they together for? I think it was four years? That's a long time and they were very young when they first me. They needed this break and I can see Marnie's point of view back in season 1. Like you said she felt the spark fizzle out and that's understandable. Couples sometimes need that break to find themselves.

Now her problems aren't fixed yet. She still needs to follow her dreams but I think the light bulb switched on in regards to her love for Charlie

They really do have such a great chemistry!

♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

Last edited by haydensgirl; 03-19-2013 at 02:57 AM
Old 03-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just added you!

I think they were together from the age of 19. I'm assuming they're around 24ish now? It's a very long time, especially during the age where everything around you is changing. I wasn't surprised that she wanted a break from him. Definitely woke her up to her feelings for Charlie. I just cannot get over that finale scene

I wish I could find a GIF from the flashback of when they first met. I think that was the moment I started shipping them. They have such great chemistry... plus Marnie on a pot brownie is hilarious

Old 03-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

She wouldn't move from the pole Charlie was so sweet with her!! Hehe.

♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

Old 03-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Marnie Eats a Pot Brownie

finally found the scene on youtube Might possibly be my favorite Marnie scene. She's so innocent and I love when she asks Charlie to hug her twice.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

"Could you hug me again?"

I think I started shipping them in their break up ep - good timing by me lol.

Their break up scene was sooo sooo sad/awkward to watch. Perfect timing Marnie...

♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

Old 03-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Seriously! Let the boy .... "finish" or at least not be in the midst of penetration when you dump him. He was being a bit weird with the "look at me" stuff though Oh Charlie. He's just so nice

Old 03-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Absolute Fan

I never wanted to see Charlie exhaust one ounce of angst over Marnie. I kept routing for him to cut his losses and never look back. Something obviously changed this season, little by little. And against it all, through the honesty of their post-relationship and the factors of life and growing I've fallen for them. I'm not too optimistic which is a shame because had the brutal honesty and genuine emotion in the finale had been the series finale it would have been a good cap to their history. As it stands now I can only imagine the road for them will not be smooth. The characters and relationships all sustain with a fare deal of complication and character flaws that make such an issue inevitable.

BTW, you can add me to the list.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
lasha4god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

^ You have been added!

Watching the season I felt the same exact way! In season one I wanted Charlie to move on and Marnie to let him go, but then season 2 rolled around. It seemed genuine that Marnie realized she made a mistake. I am hoping that their new complications have nothing to do with Marnie telling him she doesnt feel the same, would be too repetitive for the writers to do that again.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:02 AM
Master Fan

Yeah season 2 made me ship them more. For me, even starting from 2x01, you could tell she really missed Charlie. I'm a bit of a softy.

They will def have drama next season which sucks but I get it writing wise. I hope they stick together and work through their problems. I hope it's not to do with Marnie being flakey with her feelings again. Been there done that. We have moved on from that set back. We know their feelings, in particular Marnie's, now so lets go forward

♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

Reply   Post New Thread