Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Lucius & Ivy "The Village": He Feared For Her Safety Above All Others (Spoliers)

This is a thread devoted to one of my all time favourite couples Lucius Hunt (Joaquin Phoenix) and Ivy Walker (Bryce Dallas Howard) from the M. Night Shyamalan film "The Village".

Ivy: Will you dance with me on our wedding night?

Ivy: Why can you not speak what is in your head?

Lucius: Why can you not stop speaking what is in yours? Why must you lead when I want to lead? Everyone is forever plauging me to speak further. If I want to speak, I will open my mouth. If I want to dance, I will ask you to dance. What good is there is saying that you are my only thought from the time I wake? What good is it to say that I sometimes cannot think nor do my work properly? What good is it to say that the only time I feel fear as others do, is when I think of you in harm? I fear for your safety before all others. That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night.

I love that scene!

Old 08-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Extreme Fan

i loved them in this movie. i think that their storyline was very well written. and it was just so cute how he would hold her hand when she needed him.
pacifierrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Everyone in the theatre audience laughed at his response in that scene. Too cute.

Found the following icon at LJ

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

I've heard so many good things about this movie, I need to see it. Not sure how long it'll be until it hits my local theatre.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Passionate Fan

It was an excellent movie and the chemistry between Phoenix and Howard is phenomenal. I plan to see the movie again.
Oliver&Felicity,Andy&April,Neal&Emma,Doug&Carol,Josh&Donna,Hatter&Alice(Syfy),Will&April-Definitely,Maybe.Han&Leia,Logan&Veronica, Zane&Jo,Shawn&Juliet,Vaughn&Syd,Luke&Lorelai,Leo/Piper/Chris,Tate/Bo,Baze/Lux,Walter/Peter,Gus/Shawn/Henry.Jinks/Claudia/Artie/Pete/Myka
Brenda Corinthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 04:08 AM
Total Fan

Oh man I loved them sooo much. That speech of his just slayed me. And I loved the certainty at the end of it. There was no doubt that they would get married.

We never did find out his color, did we?
Old 08-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

No we didn't find out his colour. I would love to know! What do you think Lucius colour is? Any one have any suggestions?

We don't know if he lived or not at the end of film ~DropsofJupiter~ right? I'm not sure if he lived or not. I have no doubt that they did get married if he did, but I was by the ending!

In the credits though they show a pic of him working in the fields - maybe that's a way of telling us he lived?

Quote:
Originally posted by pacifierrocks
i loved them in this movie. i think that their storyline was very well written. and it was just so cute how he would hold her hand when she needed him.
I love how she knew he would come for her! I thought that was really, really cute! She stood and waited until he came, she didn't falter in waiting for him!

I also loved how she was willing to risk her life in order to go to the town and retrieve what was needed to make him better.

Sasha Which scene did people laugh at? Thanks for posting the LJ icon! It's to cute!

Maxi I hope it hits your local theatre! It's a good movie and definitly worth seeing. I heard how some didn't like it, but I loved it.

Brenda ITA, the chemistry between Joaquin and Bryce was phenomenal!

Last edited by LaraCroft01; 08-10-2004 at 08:04 PM
LaraCroft01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I say his color was RED.

Quote:
Originally posted by LaraCroft01
Sasha Which scene did people laugh at?
The one in your opening post.
Lucius: Why can you not stop speaking what is in yours?

Sasha
Old 08-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

Good guess! I think that would be a good colour for Lucius. It seems to go with him! I think another possiblity would be blue or green.

Ah yeah that line, it was funny when he said that! It's an interesting contrast of personalities they both have in that regard: he hardly speaks and she's not shy about speaking!
Old 08-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I totally loved his personality. I found his innocence, bravery, and honesty quite touching. He was so innocent that I just wanted to go out and corrupt him a bit.

I loved how he just came out of nowhere and grabbed her hand whenever she held it out.

picture's link
credit goes to Moxzii.com's Image's

Sasha
Old 08-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by S.A.S.H.A.
I totally loved his personality. I found his innocence, bravery, and honesty quite touching. He was so innocent that I just wanted to go out and corrupt him a bit.

I loved his personality to! he was so noble and sweet, and I love how at first he was willing to go and risk his life to get medications for the town. Then his plans were derailed.

Quote:
Originally posted by S.A.S.H.A.
I loved how he just came out of nowhere and grabbed her hand whenever she held it out.

So true! He did that at another time right? I forget!

Thanks for the pic!
Old 08-10-2004, 02:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Sasha Which scene did people laugh at?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The one in your opening post.
Lucius: Why can you not stop speaking what is in yours?

>>>

Hey people laughed in my theater at that part too.

I loved the hand grabbing sequence and how he never let go of her hand. I also liked the second hand grab because she was just trying to find her way through the crowd.
Oliver&Felicity,Andy&April,Neal&Emma,Doug&Carol,Josh&Donna,Hatter&Alice(Syfy),Will&April-Definitely,Maybe.Han&Leia,Logan&Veronica, Zane&Jo,Shawn&Juliet,Vaughn&Syd,Luke&Lorelai,Leo/Piper/Chris,Tate/Bo,Baze/Lux,Walter/Peter,Gus/Shawn/Henry.Jinks/Claudia/Artie/Pete/Myka
Old 08-10-2004, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Corinthos

I loved the hand grabbing sequence and how he never let go of her hand. I also liked the second hand grab because she was just trying to find her way through the crowd.
I love that scene to! I love how she knew he was coming - the creatures were so close, but she didn't run away and where her sister and Noah were! She waited for him and he came! I like how the scene was in slow motion and then the camera focuses on there hand holding, to show the bond between them.

I love how he is there for her when danger is near (before he was unable to because of Noah). He was there for her, and you could tell he would always be there for her to make sure no harm came to her...so sweet!!

I hoped he lived at the end of the movie...that's annoying how we didn't to find out for sure.

Old 08-10-2004, 09:16 PM
Passionate Fan

I think he was fine. I think they would of told the audience if he didn't make it.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I'd like to think that he survived and kept their village's tradition going for future generations.

Sasha
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top