Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love Triangles Discussion #3

How do you feel about love triangles on your favorite tv shows, movies etc?
Do you think there are too many love triangles, rectangles on tv shows nowadays?
Have you ever been undecided about who should you ship in a love triangle?

Let's have a healthy discussion, bashing couples is not necessary.
If it's not okay to post this thread, sorry, just delete me.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/love-tri.../#post73338960
Old 12-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
LBR most TV writers are at the bottom of the writing totem pole in terms of talent and visions. There is a reason they are writing for TV. The better writers manage to avoid triangles and the ones who do use them are pretty sub-standard writers. Yes, I'm looking at you CW.
Yes. This. Especially the bolded part.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

tftnt

Quote:
and in pll of course there always has to be something with aria/ezra and some other dude.
Yep, and with Spencer and Toby, and they did with Hanna back in season 1. None of them were necessary, and were (or are in the cases of Aria's and probably still Spencer's) basically just a complete and utter waste of screen time. They're letting plot suffer for it.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wish arrow didn't have a triangle
Oliver and laurel are meant for each other

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
falling slowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Elite Fan

It doesnt though??

Another triangle that I hated was Mandy/Lip/Karen. Because it made MANDY look horrible when Lip was the one stringing both girls around. (Okay yeah Mandy shouldnt have hit Karen with her car but she wouldnt have done that if Lip hadnt been a total jackass to her and cheated on her with Karen. )

But seriously though my least favorite thing about love triangles is how the women involved ALWAYS get hated on for treating the men like crap when its usually the men that treat the women like crap. The only one male two female love triangle that I can think of is Brooke/Lucas/Peyton and people STILL hated on Brooke and Peyton when Lucas was the one jerking both of them around. I dont sign up for that when I watch a show.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Psychically Linked ღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

As much as I love lp, I agree. The girls get so much flack when he was a tool.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

Shu, you are so right about the CW!!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

The CW seems to LIVE for love triangles. The only show that doesnt have them is Supernatural but its because literally there are two main and only characters.

I wonder if that network realizes that their fanbase HATES love triangles with a passion?

Old 12-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

I think they mistake hate for passion. Not realising that there's only so much fans can put up with.
Bree347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

Oooh I like that. Thats a good thought. I agree completely. Like in TVD i think the majority of the fans have moved on since it seems like Elena will never choose just ONE brother and stay with him for good. And they tried the triangle again with Tyler/Caroline/Klaus which was NOT okay with me at all.

I just dont get what the big deal is with triangles in media and TV. they're so unrealistic imo and make all parties look really really bad.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

To me the only time a love triangle worked was on Soap operas because Soaps tend not to drag them out as much as regular tv show does. Now a days they do it for shock value ... which in essence it not for shock anymore its purely for dramatic purpose and they drag the one who is suppose to be torn through the mud where you do not really care why she is even having feelings for both people .

It gets down to the point where you want the opposite side move out of the triangle . That is how you know it is very poorly done.. and The vampire Diaries is proof of A Underdevelopled Triangle.

We never saw Elena torn between it just went from one brother to another and that is not appealing to audience it just going to make people hate or resent her.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Elite Fan

Yes thats exactly it! A lot of triangles just have the girl in the middle bounce back and fourth like she has no feelings at all. And I HATE seeing women represented that way. Like I said its just so unrealistic.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideMyHeart (View Post)
It doesnt though??

Another triangle that I hated was Mandy/Lip/Karen. Because it made MANDY look horrible when Lip was the one stringing both girls around. (Okay yeah Mandy shouldnt have hit Karen with her car but she wouldnt have done that if Lip hadnt been a total jackass to her and cheated on her with Karen. )

But seriously though my least favorite thing about love triangles is how the women involved ALWAYS get hated on for treating the men like crap when its usually the men that treat the women like crap. The only one male two female love triangle that I can think of is Brooke/Lucas/Peyton and people STILL hated on Brooke and Peyton when Lucas was the one jerking both of them around. I dont sign up for that when I watch a show.
True, but there used to be. Before tommy died.

And I think Laurel/Oliver/Felicity is attempting to be a triangle. At least according to the writers

Lucas honestly treated them both like dirt. And the triangle was stupid because once LP got together you find out they have ZERO romantic chemistry.

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
falling slowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
To me the only time a love triangle worked was on Soap operas because Soaps tend not to drag them out as much as regular tv show does.
For the most part that's true, but a UK one has had one that's been going on for over a year now, and now the guy has finally decided which woman he wants to be with, the other is pregnant. It just won't end. I guess I should count myself lucky that I'm not a regular watcher, or it would be unbearable.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top