Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I might change my opinion on Stelena and Delena (unlikely, but possible) if the excluded brother wasn't in the picture anymore, but that isn't going to happen. Even if one brother died his memory would color every interaction with the remaining brother and they would both feel guilty forever. Elena deserves better, she deserves to be with someone that wouldn't bring so much drama into her life, because I think right now she's lived more than enough of that for a couple of lifetimes.
It is really getting quite old and tiring. It's been 3 seasons of this main plot line. At least for 5-10 episodes let them take a vacation away from each other to ease their minds. And you know who can accompany her on that long vacation.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em183 (View Post)
It is really getting quite old and tiring. It's been 3 seasons of this main plot line. At least for 5-10 episodes let them take a vacation away from each other to ease their minds. And you know who can accompany her on that long vacation.
Exactly!

They shouldn't have colored quite so heavily in those two directions. I mean I know the very core of the show is about Elena and her crisscrossed relationship with the two brothers. But once in a while they should make another option available otherwise it gets old really fast.

Even if the shows endgame is either Elena with Stefan or with Damon (or more than likely at the end nothing actually gets resolved there) they shouldn't be so afraid to make it possible for her heart to be stolen by someone else entirely.

After all if it's a done deal that it will be a Salvatore either way, it is so much less interesting. But then again, what would I know, I'm biased because I want Elejah to have the sliver of a chance.

L J f f . n e t & icon by albion1919
Old 01-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Even if the shows endgame is either Elena with Stefan or with Damon (or more than likely at the end nothing actually gets resolved there) they shouldn't be so afraid to make it possible for her heart to be stolen by someone else entirely.
I really would want that. But I don't want Elena to lose the Salvatores as friends cause they made her the way she is now. So if Elena does choose someone else, can you imagine how long it will take for them to accept it. But I guess that's love. And IMO I think for Elejah, all we need is time for them to bond again and why wouldn't you fall for eachother. They have all there is to build on. They have chemistry, mutual understanding, no rival against the other ( other than the Salvatores but they have their own rivalry) and they bring out the best in each other
Old 01-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuleti (View Post)
I really would want that. But I don't want Elena to lose the Salvatores as friends cause they made her the way she is now. So if Elena does choose someone else, can you imagine how long it will take for them to accept it. But I guess that's love. And IMO I think for Elejah, all we need is time for them to bond again and why wouldn't you fall for eachother. They have all there is to build on. They have chemistry, mutual understanding, no rival against the other ( other than the Salvatores but they have their own rivalry) and they bring out the best in each other
I guess that's true .

But then that's why I can deal with Elijah being her friend, because at least that possibility offers them in scenes together. Where they share grand chemistry that for e overshadows every other couple this show has.

You know the one thing that struck me as very interesting? It's a line Elena says in 2x19.

"The same reason that you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you."

She could have said "And I need yours.", but what she said was that she needed him. Basically it kinda hints to me that she didn't need his help specifically, but him in particular. It sounded as if it was about more than just his help.

And yeah okay, it might have just been a slip of the tongue. But the writers wanted her to say what she said, which begs to question why?

L J f f . n e t & icon by albion1919
Old 01-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
She could have said "And I need yours.", but what she said was that she needed him. Basically it kinda hints to me that she didn't need his help specifically, but him in particular. It sounded as if it was about more than just his help.

And yeah okay, it might have just been a slip of the tongue. But the writers wanted her to say what she said, which begs to question why?
I love your speculation there. I always thought that line had to mean something. I mean Elijah's features softened when she said that. Then guess what happened after that. A call from the Salvatores interrupt their hearty moment. It's like this whole analogy of them being this distraction getting away of our ship. The Salvatores have always been the people to shield Elena, sometimes not even for her own good. So...it's kinda funny

Last edited by amuleti; 01-22-2012 at 01:20 PM
Old 01-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

I love that we are such romantics, that all of you dissect these moments as much as I. It's hard not to notice those glances and the wording. I only hope the writers make them allies again and with those few scenes even as friends the glances and the way they say their lines will take care of itself. The chemistry is hard to ignore.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh, what a wonderful new art, Indi! Please, continue making them, they're so beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terapsina (View Post)
They shouldn't have colored quite so heavily in those two directions. I mean I know the very core of the show is about Elena and her crisscrossed relationship with the two brothers. But once in a while they should make another option available otherwise it gets old really fast.

This! We've had an interesting discussion about the love triangle on my German home board today and most of the people already have a big problem with him - it's predictable and it's getting old. Moreover - it's getting tedious. I really can't see them stretching this stuff out over three other seasons without losing more and more viewers. Let's face it - where would they be if they wouldn't have the Originals who brought something fresh and fascinating in?

Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic like the rest of you (that's why I love being here ) but I really hope that those lines like the one mentioned "And I need you" combined with Stefan's line in the last episode "You're better than me... You're better than both of us" will indeed have a meaning for the future. Because I think it would give the producers a perfect way to solve the problem of the famous "endgame" question. Before EE became my OTP I've been a Delena fan for quite a while but I've always thought it'll be nearly impossible to give that series a satisfying end with only one brother "winning" the girl. Because - like Elena commented a few episodes earlier - their brother's bond is deeper than any love for a woman.
So all in all - wouldn't it be a great end of all the heartbreak and chaos if finally the brother's bond would last forever with both of them making their peace with each other and the past of all the love triangles in their lifes - and the two would realize that another man has proven more worthy of the love of Elena as them?

Last edited by clairefontaine; 01-22-2012 at 02:53 PM
Old 01-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
So all in all - wouldn't it be a great end of all the heartbreak and chaos if finally the brother's bond would last forever with both of them making their peace with each other and the past of all the love triangles in their lifes - and the two would realize that another man has proven more worthy of the love of Elena as them?
I hope so. I mean I love Damon and Stefan, individually and especially as brothers but their love for the same woman is so competitive and possessive that it's become a lifestyle, as you can tell. Everyone just needs to shake hands and put Elijah and Elena in a room for a day
Old 01-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuleti (View Post)
I hope so. I mean I love Damon and Stefan, individually and especially as brothers but their love for the same woman is so competitive and possessive that it's become a lifestyle, as you can tell. Everyone just needs to shake hands and put Elijah and Elena in a room for a day
Oh yes, please! Just put them in a room and let them - ehmmm... talk!
And regarding the near future... I would be seriously disappointed if they wouldn't give us at least one scene in which they'll discuss all the things that have happened since the sacrifice and the ways they'll go on in the next few episodes.

Something else... Julie Plec had a twitter chat yesterday and she said this:

I couldn't agree more! So much praise from JP and KW lately - I hope we'll see it pay out on screen in the second half of the season!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

that sounds really promising
My anticipation is through the roof
Old 01-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And poor Damon, he would stick a piece of metal in his own neck to make sure it didn't happen. Elijah on the other hand might find some dark satisfaction in torturing the older Salvatore like that.
Aw, it's a pity we won't get a scene like this - it would be priceless

Quote:
To be the core plot of the show it's very uninteresting, imo. Because the show will only ever allow those relationships to be romantic/sexual - as if that's the most important thing. Romantic love does not rival all others - what Elena was willing to do to save her family to me is more impressive than what either of the guys have done for her. They could've allowed for SED to be a deep friendship, like a little family of their own, but there's a girl involved so it MUST be romantic I wish TVD would evolve beyond a boring love triangle and become about the characters themselves. With the Originals and Elena's connection to them, the show had the perfect opportunity but it's since been washed down the drain to make the Salvatores look like Mary Sues. It's disappointing.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

Man, I have troubles keeping up with the discussions here Makes me think of the days we only had about three people posting regularly. I'm so glad to see this ship has so many supporters now

Quote:
This so much. I lost a lot of interest in Damon and Stefan's relationship because of the triangle- all their screentime together is spent fighting over Elena now, when really, they should be fighting for their own relationship. They're brothers and they were clearly very close once. I wish the show would go back to that.

Quote:
And who else would he want to dance with? Damon?
I'll write a 1000 word fic for whoever makes a manip of this
Old 01-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

I so agree with all of you! All this praising Julie and Kevin are doing of Elijah better mean he has really good scenes coming up! Preferably what I'd want to see happen something like this:

Excuse me Mr. Possessive I said let go of me:

Heard Elijah's back- I must go find him:

Did I stutter? I said get out of my way Damon!

Stop following me around you two! Elijah there you are!

Elena come back! Where are you two heading off to?! Should've never undaggered that one.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em183 (View Post)
I so agree with all of you! All this praising Julie and Kevin are doing of Elijah better mean he has really good scenes coming up! Preferably what I'd want to see happen something like this:

Excuse me Mr. Possessive I said let go of me:

Heard Elijah's back- I must go find him:

Did I stutter? I said get out of my way Damon!

Stop following me around you two! Elijah there you are!

Elena come back! Where are you two heading off to?! Should've never undaggered that one.

LOL!!!! Brilliant. Oh...if only.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
This so much. I lost a lot of interest in Damon and Stefan's relationship because of the triangle- all their screentime together is spent fighting over Elena now, when really, they should be fighting for their own relationship. They're brothers and they were clearly very close once. I wish the show would go back to that.
THIS. This would be so much more interesting and could even make me like both of the guys again Elena and Damon could've made great friends, like when they were at the bar doing shots, if the writers hadn't been obsessed with this pointless triangle. Elena and Stefan's romantic relationship hasn't had much energy - they'd probably make better friends in the long run, too. They don't HAVE to do the triangle, and it shouldn't be the most important relationship for either guy. They've been brothers for almost 200 years. How is anything supposed to be able to compete with that?

Elena and Stefan look like they might actually have good chemistry in that scene ^ Damon looks like he's trying to transform himself into a bat.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread