wickiswalter
chaos blues
izzycat2117
LucyGu
heartlines
Laurababora

Scene of the Moment;

credit

"Wait, is it because that I said that I love you? Because I don't love you. That wasn't love you, love you. That was like middle of sex.. love you. Listen, honest. I don't love you. Okay no listen, I promise! I promise I don't love you!"

nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

Last edited by royalįƒ¦caliber; 08-30-2017 at 02:59 PM
hilarie.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

Please add me. I LOVE them. The characters have so much chemistry!

I actually JUST made a music video for them:
YouTube - Lip and Karen (Shameless) : Broken

Also, this music video is so pretty by another fan:
YouTube - Lip & Karen | fix you

I have a question. Do you think that they offically made up at the end of the episode? That they are back together as a couple? Or only back as friends? I'm thinking a couple because they did hold hands, all couply like.

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
jules166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Total Fan

Aw yay! I'm so glad there's another shipper! They really do have so much chemistry. I had really started loving them that episode where Lip was trying to buy her Florence + the Machine tickets. And then by the finale they were so my OTP of the show. The angst, the emotions, the chemistry, gahhh they were just so heartbreaking. FREAKING LIP. Oh my goodness.

& AW I LOVE THAT VID! The song is perfect for them and I love how you put like all their best scenes. <3333

And yes! I've been watching that Fix You vid sooo much. These two seriously need more vids! I hate how underrated they are. The entire show for that matter too. :/

You know, I was just thinking about that today. When I first saw the end of the episode, I really did love it. I love how he was able to forgive her because he just wanted her back in his life. But the more I think about it, the more I think that maybe their issues with that aren't exactly over. Like there could still be some issues that we see with them during S2 about it all.

HOWEVER, it VERY WELL could be like you're saying! Cuz I was thinking the same thing. They could definitely be an actual couple, now that they've made it through all this sht. I hope so!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

And if you think about it, they weren't an "actual" couple in this season. So in season 2, it could be a new start for them because they would be an official "exclusive" couple this time.

I think the reason why Lip was able to forgive Karen is because he knows exactly what she was going through. I mean, Lip's father is an alcoholic. Her father keeps trying to change her and NEVER accepts her. Lip's mother abandoned him. And her mother is unable to leave the house due to her phobias.

So they BOTH have huge parental issues. But Lip has support in his siblings. Karen does not. Which I think is why she kinda lost it. And yet, both Lip and Karen find support and understanding in each other. They are TRULY best friends. I mean, he wants for her to go everywhere with him. He told her that he loves her. She helped get him more students who would pay for him to take tests. So they help each other. And well, his reaction was total sadness when she tried to break up with him. And she ONLY did that because she loves him and knew he would be majorly hurt once he found out about Frank.

I just love that she went to his house and sat there waiting for him in tears. That was a big emotional risk. And I like that she apologized to him. And also, earlier, he had apologized to her for calling her a "whore." They both take the responsibility for their actions and mistakes and they apologize for them. They don't ever blame anyone else.

Walter and Paige

Old 04-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Total Fan

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping they become a couple in S2. But the ILY thing may still be an issue for them too. Not because she doesn't love him, and loves her... but because he may still think she doesn't love him and doesn't want to hear him say that he loves her. And that in itself won't turn him away because he just wants to be with her even if she doesn't love him! (Which is so fcking tragic in itself lol), but the problem is that he'll be afraid to say it in fear of scaring her away or something.

But you're exactly right. The whole reason she broke up with him was because she just knew he'd be incredibly hurt once he found out about Frank. And maybe a part of the reason she broke up with him was because he said he loved her... but not because she didn't love him back, but because that'd just make it even harder when he found out. Maybe she felt like she didn't deserve him too? Idk, I think that may have been a factor. Like here's this amazing guy who actually loves her, and she did this? Hopefully we'll find out more details in S2! <3

Yeah the best friends thing is one of my favorite parts about them! I LOVE that. How even if they aren't "romantic" they still share a huge bond through that. Which is seriously perfect They have each others backs. They love each other. SO CUTE!

MTE on why Lip was able to forgive her. They just understand each other. He has a screwed up dad and family too. He gets it. And like you said, he knows how he's pretty much her only means of stable support. I just think that's so sweet. Who their characters are just go so perfectly with each other!

Last edited by hilarie.love; 04-04-2011 at 04:55 PM
Old 04-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

I definitely thought she broke up with him because she cares about him too much. That's how I saw it. Hence, you saw her crying and trying to run off. He is so important to her.

I think the Frank incident was ONLY because Karen wanted to hurt/break her own father because of him neglecting her and calling her a whore. So it was more of a father problem.

I want to see more growth with Karen and Lip as a couple next season. Now that Lip has truly shown that he will STAND by her even after what she did, that is huge. That shows Karen that he is her constant. Unlike her father, he won't neglect her.

Walter and Paige

Old 04-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Hey please add me. I love these two. They're my OTP of the show. I hated them in the original but they way they've written them on the remake is just... .

Do you guys post on the Shameless thread on the tv board? Here are some of my thought that I've posted on them on my finale post

Quote:
Did not see the Eddie death coming at all. It actually really saddened me if I'm honest. Eddie was a douchebag but there was something about him that I found to be very sympathetic. I know his treatment of Karen and Sheila was wrong but... I don't know, maybe it's just the actor but when he saw that tape for the first time, or again when he caught his workmates watching it - his face.. I just, I don't know, I can't explain it but you could tell that Karen broke him.

That being said, I don't hate Karen either. I think that she's a very messed up girl who just lost her way completely. I think when Eddie humiliated her, something switched off within her. At first she was angry but when Lip confirmed her wh*re status (not even meaning to hurt her), her self loathing and anger caused her to turn off all her emotions if you get me. What she did with Frank was her reaching the lowest point of the destruction spiral and I think her guilt began to seep through straight away. It really came through when Lip apoligised and told her that he loved her during sex - I think that moment (which was arguably the most heart wrenching of the finale for me) as well as her seeing her mother fussing over a battered Frank brought it home for her in that by wanting to destroy the one person who made her feel worthless, she had ultimately destroyed the two people that cared for her the most. I'm glad that she went to Lip and they ended the season on the same page. We were never given much of a resolution in the UK version which was disappointing and in that version neither Lip or Karen were as compelling as individuals or a couple. I would love to see them carry on into S2 but it's hard to say if it's possible. Given how Karen's complicated relationship with her father, I think her knowledge of his suicide will only serve to destroy her more. She's clearly a very damaged girl who needs help. Depending on where next season picks up (and whether the actress who's starring in a CW pilot will be back) will determine how she copes. Either way, I can't see her and Lip being able to go back to how they were. I hope that they'll still be a main point of next season though as I think that both characters have complimented each other so well all season.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Chastidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

Beautifuly put. That's how I feel, too.

Except I think there is more hope for them due to episode 12 ending scene with them on the roof. For one thing, the atmosphere is beautiful and romantic and sweet. The music playing is touching. And their hand holding is VERY couply.

I had no idea that Laura signed up for another show? Are you sure? She is a series regular on Shameless. From what I understand she was in at least 11 episodes out of 12 in season 1. AND she got a major storyline with Lip in episode 12, the season finale. I even think they got more focus than Steve/Fiona in that episode!

Plus, cable shows have a different filming schedule. And the season is only 12 episodes. So I hope the actress can do both.

Walter and Paige

Old 04-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

Wow beautiful post and SO dead on!

Add me please. Love these two, I love them as separate characters and I love them together.

I really hope they do continue them in the next season but if they dont romantically and explore them with others..I really really hope we still see their amazing friendship and them being for each other..and then hopefully becoming a real couple someday too.

Poor Karen, the news of her fathers suicide is gonna screw her up even more.
It'll be by your side
angel_wings05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

She has signed on for a pilot but it might now get picked up (I hope), I think she's a regular on it but I'm not too sure.

It's that news alone that has me wondering if she won't be back for all of S2.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Total Fan

Hm, that sounds weird since she's already signed on with Shameless. I don't know how long the actors signed on for in their contract when they first started the show, but if they signed on for at least more than one season, then I'm pretty sure there is going to be a way to work with the schedules so she'll still be on Shameless. Especially since Showtime shows are way more respected than CW ones imo lol.

Yes, when Karen hears about her father's suicide that's just going to damage her even more. I really love Karen. She is so messed up and lost, but is just a sweet girl at heart. Next season is probably going to be really dark for her. After the finale, we know Lip will pretty much be there for her no matter what. The writing for them as a couple is really strong and convincing, so I'm really excited to see what the writers have in store for them in S2. I already know it'll be angsty and difficult, but I love that stuff. It's who Lip/Karen are. I'm really hoping that after Karen is able to comprehend all this crap, we'll get to see her grow as a character. I'm hoping so hard that we'll get to see Lip play a big role in that. She needs love and support more than anything right now, and he does that for her so much already.

I think it probably surprised her that after what she did, Lip still wanted to be with her. That just probably made her feel more strongly about him (or love him) even more.

As far as the Eddie scene goes, I wasn't expecting it either, but when I watched it, it didn't surprise me honestly. Idk why, but it just didn't. I loved the scene though. I thought the music, cinematography, and story arc was brilliant.

But like you Chastidy, I do think they will probably have some more issues to deal with about Karen sleeping with Frank and all the other issues that that created. However from what we saw from their last scene in the finale, I do think they are definitely on the same page and headed in the right direction. He's forgiven her, and he understands it. He loves her, and that's that. But what next?

Quote:
It really came through when Lip apoligised and told her that he loved her during sex - I think that moment (which was arguably the most heart wrenching of the finale for me) as well as her seeing her mother fussing over a battered Frank brought it home for her in that by wanting to destroy the one person who made her feel worthless, she had ultimately destroyed the two people that cared for her the most.
That scene was the most heartbreaking for me too. The entire Lip/Karen scene was just so raw and broken. I fcking loved it though.

Last edited by hilarie.love; 04-03-2011 at 04:30 PM
Old 04-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

Awww darn. Hope shes on next season, I'd miss her a TON! She was one of my faves this season.

When he said I love you was my favorite too, the love scene for one and then the aftermatch too. Wow, it was just..Wow.
It'll be by your side
angel_wings05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Total Fan

The OP is fixed now! <3
Old 04-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Hi everyone

Quote:
Hm, that sounds weird since she's already signed on with Shameless. I don't know how long the actors signed on for in their contract when they first started the show, but if they signed on for at least more than one season, then I'm pretty sure there is going to be a way to work with the schedules so she'll still be on Shameless. Especially since Showtime shows are way more respected than CW ones imo lol.
I'll gladly be wrong if I am. It's called Cooper and Stone. In the original Karen
Spoiler:

Hopefully she's just signed on as a recurring character on Cooper and Stone.

Quote:
After the finale, we know Lip will pretty much be there for her no matter what. The writing for them as a couple is really strong and convincing, so I'm really excited to see what the writers have in store for them in S2. I already know it'll be angsty and difficult, but I love that stuff. It's who Lip/Karen are.
I think that he'll be there for her but i don't know if they'll be a couple. I think that it might be a long road for them to get to being a couple again. I think Lip ultimately forgave her because in retrospect, her issues with her father were right in front of him. She was constantly trying to voice them to him and he was there at the beginning of her breakdown. I think he realises that the fact that she slept with Frank was more to do with her father then him. Frank probably could have been anyone, but I think it was the fact that it was someone who her father despised that made her do what she did. I don't think Lip was even in the galaxy of her thoughts as neither was Sheila. She was just too caught up in ruining her father. I think Lip gets that and he gets her and realises that she's obviously going through something huge. I think he can forgive her for doing it but I don't know if I think he'll be able to go back to the way things were. I don't think she will be either.

Quote:
As far as the Eddie scene goes, I wasn't expecting it either, but when I watched it, it didn't surprise me honestly. Idk why, but it just didn't. I loved the scene though. I thought the music, cinematography, and story arc was brilliant.
I loved the song choice. It sounded so cheerful yet the words It's been a long time coming said something much darker.

Pretty OP

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

add me! these two are amazing.
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top