Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

The Lady & The Chauffeur {Sybil/Tom} #15: "The best guarantee of Sybil's happiness lies with me"

Welcome to the 15th
Lady Sybil Crawley & Tom Branson
Appreciation Thread

Credit to Shi_fs

supporters:
001. memory91
002. LHScott
003. jules166
004. hlgreenie
005. safetywords
006. Amy
007. Let The Ball Drop
008. Sansa
009. prettytinydots
010. lipsticklullabies
011. Aphra8
012. shabbytiger79
013. lunaismyhero
014. lisztomania
015. savannahhershey
016. Idlelunatic
017. SoCal Gal
018. canadiangirl14
019. Guinevereღ
020. nothing-without-you
021. missbrunettgil
022. AragornsQueen
023. jean-grey
024. ~-Sarah-~
025. kuni
026. LadySybilCrawley
027. Nick HeyRee
028. Fuzzybear
029. GSDfan
030. bobbintree
031. dabbyfanatic
032. dawntonabbey
033. aycarumba
034. baileycat
035. bijou156
036. Shi_fs
037. Skipmaus
038. Bekk
039. xXSTARwarsROXx
040. branson80
041. nitanita
042. JDD
043. ScarletCourt
044. Pinkink
045. queenofsarcasm
046. Beebbop
047. btvs-formerly cole's pheobe
048. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
049. HarshBench
050. cherrios
051. confessor_meggy
052. attract your dreams ♥
053. DiamondDreaming
054. Patano
055. covington

Credit to skipmaus

Reasons why we ship them
Because Allen Leech is the captain of the ship!
Because they are steadfast in their love
Because they defended their love to all those against them and won
Because they are confident in their love for one another
Because their love is based in friendship that has built up over many years
Because he couldn't help overhearing that she was interested in Women's rights
Because he looked through the window to see her new frock
Because she was grateful for the pamphlets
Because he brought her pamphlets to read
Because she hopes that he does go into politics
Because she doesn't want him to go to prison
Because she is glad he won't die or go to prison
Because he is her ticket
Because he knows that she loves him
Because she knows he'll make something of himself
Because he will stay at Downton until she wants to run away
Because she knows when he's angry and troubled
Because she stood up for him against her father
Because he was more scared she was hurt than at the prospect of losing his job
Because they held hands so naturally
Because she is always goes to the garage to seek him out
Because he has promised to devote every waking moment to her happiness
Because she touched his cheek
Because she wants to know if he will wait a bit longer
Because he would wait forever for her
Because he is always staring at her when no one is looking
Because he smiled when he saw her in the kitchen baking
Because he knows she is enjoying her work as a nurse
Because they can discuss things as equals
Because he touched her waist and she felt the connection
Because she is willing to give up her entire world to be with him
Because all that matters is that they love each other
Because she wanted to know why he made a promise to Carson and not to her
Because she said "us" and didn't deny it
Because she has feelings even though she's good at hiding them
Because he has waited all this time and still can't believe she said yes
Because she said he could kiss her
Because all he wants to do is kiss her
Because he slept on the chair and gave her the bed
Because he can pay his own way
Because she gave him her heart
Because she will be true to him
Because she has decided she is going to marry Tom!
Because all he wants is to make her happy
Because of the passion for their beliefs and each other.
Because convention is merely a hurdle to be overcome rather than an insurmountable barrier to their hopes and desires
Because he said she looked "very fine" and she didn't mind him checking her out
Because she wondered where he had been all day
Because they have their own theme music!
Because she told her father that if he was fired she would run away
Because he offered to teach her how an engine works
Because he said it was up to her
Because it cost him all he had to say those things to her
Because if she didn't care she would have told on him all those months ago
Because he's frightfully full of himself!
Because he risked a broken heart and didn't care a damn for his job, as he loved her
Because if Granny says Sybil's husband will tell her what her opinions are, then she must marry a man who shares the same opinions!
Because they are a modern love story
Because she knows her own mind
Because he wants to make her happy more than anything else in the world
Because she won't give him up!
Because he knows she'll come the moment he calls
Because even Granny admits he has many virtues
Because of the way she said "and then we will marry"
Because they were the only two people smiling and happy at the funeral
Because her father gave them his blessing in the end
Because he shook her father's hand
Because they walked into their future hand and hand
Because instead of saying Sybil/Branson, we can all say Sybil Branson
Because even Cora started to shipping them after the news she was gonna be a granny
Because "Ireland 2-Downton 0"
Because Branson would always choose Love against Political Activism
Because Allen wants Tom to say "Sybil, le permite desnudarse"
Because the new Chauffer Robert hired is old and ugly
Because they're married
Because there is a baby on the way!

Credit to skipmaus

Videos
With or Without You Goodnight & Go Sybil & Branson Swans
Truly Madly DeeplyI won't always be a chauffeurForever Yours
I will ReturnToo Many Broken HeartsBlue as your Eyes
Find a WayBeautiful StrangerThe Lady and The Chauffeur
CollideAll This TimeListen To Your HeartWherever You Will Go
Still learning how to loveUsed To BeS/T trailer (S3) fan-made

Fan Fiction

Period
The Journey to HappinessThings Left UnsaidLost TimeThe VowNever AshoreWinter RainCravingsA Woman's PerogativeWith Love From Dublinhearts so lost as mineNothing's Real But Love

Modern
Momentsboth alike in dignity

Estimated Sybil/Tom Late S2 Timeline

Thursday. Feb 27, 1919 - Matthew walks, Sybil makes her decision.
Friday, Feb 28, 1919 - Bryant's visit and the failed elopement occurs
Monday, April 7, 1919 - Letter arrives for Tom with job offer, S/T tells family
Tuesday, April 8, 1919 - Robert/Violet confront Sybil
Wednesday, April 9, 1919 - Robert offers Tom money.
Monday, April 14, 1919 - S/T met at Lavinia's funeral.
Wednesday, April 16, 1919 - S/T leave Downton for Ireland, overnights in Liverpool.
Thursday, April 17, 1919 - S/T cross the Irish Sea and land in Dublin in evening.
Sunday, May 18, 1919 - Sunday, June 1, 1919 - Banns are read at church
Thursday, June 5, 1919 - S/T married.
October 1919 - Sybil gets pregnant.
late December 1919 - Sybil writes to her mother about the pregnancy that she only confirmed days before.

Credit to ScarletCourt

tumblr:
fyeahsybilandbranson

past threads:
{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}{6}{7}{8}{9}{10}{11}{12}{13}{14}

Current Sister Thread(s) on Downton Abbey Forum
The Bransons [SღT] #3: Because they've crossed the Rubicon!
http://www.fanforum.com/f387/branson...ness-63067557/

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you Scarlet for the new thread

I'm that only one that has completely giving up hope in the PP coming out at all ?.???
bijou156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT Scarlet
I'm not giving up until next week. but I admit I have little expectation

RoseBennett
confessor_meggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:19 AM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT, Scarlet. 15th thread already? Bravo .

ETA:
Sorry for venting guys, but I feel disheartened by what's going in the spoilers thread . It's easy for Mary and M/M fans to come, call us all "bashers" instead of discussing these spoilers with us and presenting their arguments, and then run away from the thread leaving behind a stinky atmosphere. I sometimes feel like freedom of expression in this fandom ends where Mary and M/M are concerned. Sorry for venting again, but I didn't want to write this in that thread for obvious reasons.

Anyway, the weather is awful today in Poland (low pressure), and I'm a bit drained of energy (and have to do an important translation project for someone who really needs it), so I don't know whether I'll post my fic by the end of this week. I know that I said so, but you know how life can be .

Last edited by Patano; 08-25-2012 at 06:37 AM
Patano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patano (View Post)
Sorry for venting guys, but I feel disheartened by what's going in the spoilers thread . It's easy for Mary and M/M fans to come, call us all "bashers" instead of discussing these spoilers with us and presenting their arguments, and then run away from the thread leaving behind a stinky atmosphere. I sometimes feel like freedom of expression in this fandom ends where Mary and M/M are concerned. Sorry for venting again, but I didn't want to write this in that thread for obvious reasons.
I'm sorry to hear that I understand that you must feel disheartened but you have not done anything wrong You only have expressed your POV in a polite, respectful, balanced and open-minded manner. Tough if it makes them itchy and hyper-sensitive to hear a different POV that doesn't blindledly workship M/M. It's their problem if they think we are "bashing" because so far we have all being polite, respectful and open-minded. I think some fans may be a bit hyper-sensitive. Seriously, if they knew what its like to have your characters/couple being systematically bashed/hated on during all these last seasons, they would have to recognise that our posts are quite civilised compared to other posts you can encounter in other forums
Some people just complain a little too much sometimes because they could feel lucky that their OTP has plenty of screen-time (which can sometimes put other characters' development in jeopardy). I'm not jealous or envious of the ludicrous amount of screen-time M/M can get sometimes, but it has been shown that this "favoritism" can damage/hinder other characters development

I hope Patano that you feel better soon and good luck with your translation project Also good luck to publishing your fic (when you feel ready ) I'll be looking forward to it
P.S. what language are you translating your project?
Old 08-25-2012, 07:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Thank you for your kind words, bijou (and your lovely PM too) .

I'm going to translate passages from a contract of employment, from English into Polish. Someone I know is seriously ill and needs to have translated the part of the contract that deals with long-term illnesses and being unfit to work. It's a very important (and sad) issue, so I hope to do everything properly.

Last edited by Patano; 08-25-2012 at 07:56 AM
Old 08-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
TFTNT, Scarlet. 15th thread already? Bravo .

ETA:

Anyway, the weather is awful today in Poland (low pressure), and I'm a bit drained of energy (and have to do an important translation project for someone who really needs it), so I don't know whether I'll post my fic by the end of this week. I know that I said so, but you know how life can be .
Sorry yo hear that, hope you feel better now
But you did make me courious, so I'll go to the spoiler thread to see what's going on (and I'll check the dictionary because Iì'm not sure I know what "basher" means )

RoseBennett
confessor_meggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
Sorry yo hear that, hope you feel better now
But you did make me courious, so I'll go to the spoiler thread to see what's going on (and I'll check the dictionary because Iì'm not sure I know what "basher" means )
Hmm I'm not too sure what the exact definition of "basher" is but from my understanding is someone who forcefully and rudely expresses their POVs and expects or maybe even demand that everyone takes it as God's Almighty Truth. these "bashers" take it personal if you have a different POV so they make it their mission to systematically bully until you agree with them.
This just my humble opinion but I mi ght be wrong
Old 08-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

Just posted another chapter. It's the wedding day chapter. SQUEEEEE!

The Journey to Happiness (Chapter 41) - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7666512/42/

re: bashing in the spoiler thread. considers any form of criticism even if it's truth to be bashing and there's no bashing allowed in appreciation threads, like at the DA Forum. The Spoilers forum and the Couples forum, which is where this thread resides, are less restrictive in that mild bashing is allowed. My personal belief is that if it's stating a truth, i.e. Robert dislikes Tom or Vera is a conniving, manipulative woman, that it's not bashing but rather stating a truth. However, I'm not the one making definitions, I merely enforce them. I do wish though that a Mary fan would come and defend her in a polite and reasonable manner because I see that to be dialog between fans.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh so my definition was completely off the mark I drew that definition from my experience I had in other forums
You are doing an excellect job as a mod Scarlet Well done !
As a Mary fan, I can't defend her ATM b/c I can't deny or sugar-coat the truth *sorry fellow Mary fans* some people may consider me a fake fan or a traitor but I stick to my convictions
Old 08-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Loyal Fan

I must say that I wasn't aware that the rules at fanforum are so restrictive. If e.g. an A/B fan calls Vera a manipulative woman in A/B appreciation thread, is it bashing too? . Though I'm in no big danger of that 'cause I don't write in appreciation threads unless I'm a big fan .
For me bashing is when you criticize a character harshly without any reasonable evidence/argumentation that would support it. Mild criticism or mentioning the character's negative traits is not bashing, especially if you're open for a discussion.

Anyway the mod said that there was no bashing. And mods know better than us here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt
I do wish though that a Mary fan would come and defend her in a polite and reasonable manner because I see that to be dialog between fans.
ITA

bijou - you did nothing wrong! You're still a Mary fan, just not a blind one . I'm similar to our Tom and you - I prefer to say what I really feel instead of pretending that everything's perfect. People have a right to voice their opinions about characters (just not unjustly and not in appreciation threads, because it's not polite to spoil other people's parties). It does not speak well of people to call others bashers without argumentation and discussion. This is not polite IMO.

Last edited by Patano; 08-25-2012 at 12:38 PM
Old 08-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
bijou - you did nothing wrong! You're still a Mary fan, just not a blind one . I'm similar to our Tom and you - I prefer to say what I really feel instead of pretending that everything's perfect. People have a right to voice their opinions about characters (just not unjustly and not in appreciation threads, because it's not polite to spoil other people's parties). It does not speak well of people to call others bashers without argumentation and discussion. This is not polite IMO.
Thanks
I wish some shared your views about spoiling other people's parties, there may be less conflict and more peace if it was like that we all have freedom of expression but no needs to be witness of bashers' posts
Old 08-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

I must admit that I didn't realize the restrictiveness of the whole thing until I became mod and various things were pointed out to me. For example, did you know you should read the OP of the Intro thread to get the rules of the board? I didn't until my co-mod told me we ought to come up with some rules for the DA board.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

I rarely venture onto the spoiler thread but all I can say is let us keep our fingers crossed that series three shows that Sybil and Tom married for love, nothing else.

Think of it this way, the haters can say what they want but we know the truth
Old 08-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebbop (View Post)
I rarely venture onto the spoiler thread but all I can say is let us keep our fingers crossed that series three shows that Sybil and Tom married for love, nothing else.
Have you ever doubted this? And after the recent spoilers . What I bolded here IS the truth. There's no discussion, doubts or POVs here. Sorry .

Anyway, actually no one in the spoiler thread bashed S/T. The problem there lies elsewhere.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top