Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

The Lady & The Chauffeur {Sybil/Branson} #3: 'The truth is, I'll stay at Downton until you want to run away with me'

Welcome to the 3rd
Lady Sybil Crawley & Tom Branson
Appreciation Thread

Get Your Heartbeat

credit

supporters;
001. memory91
002. LHScott
003. jules166
004. hlgreenie
005. safetywords
006. Amy
007. Let The Ball Drop
008. Sansa
009. prettytinydots
010. lipsticklullabies
011. Aphra8
012. shabbytiger79
013. lunaismyhero
014. lisztomania
015. savannahhershey
016. Idlelunatic
017. SoCal Gal
018. canadiangirl14
019. Guinevereღ
020. nothing-without-you
021. missbrunettgil
022. AragornsQueen
023. jean-grey
024. ~-Sarah-~
025. kuni
026. LadySybilCrawley
027. Nick HeyRee
028. Fuzzybear
029. GSDfan

tumblr;
fyeahsybilandbranson

past threads;
{1}{2}

Last edited by Nothing Else Matters; 10-19-2011 at 10:54 PM
Old 10-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Can I please be added?
Old 10-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-grey (View Post)
Can I please be added?
Welcome I'll add you.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you I'm Inês, btw. I have no idea why I didn't look for this thread sooner, but the OP looks lovely so far. (oh and I'm co-runner of downtoncaps, so it's a pleasure that you guys used two of our caps )
Old 10-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thank you I'm Inês, btw. I have no idea why I didn't look for this thread sooner, but the OP looks lovely so far. (oh and I'm co-runner of downtoncaps, so it's a pleasure that you guys used two of our caps )
Hi Inês I love downton caps tumblr. You all do a great job.

Beautiful icon.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yay! A new Sybil/Branson thread! Thx for setting up memory
Old 10-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Evening all,

I have been following some of the discussion here for a few weeks and have finally decided to get involved.

You'll have to forgive my memory for names however some of you were talking about Branson leaving Downton [temporarily of course], well the following song sprang to mind for a music vid:

Goodbye Girl by Rumer

If any of you are writers of Sybil/Branson over at FanFiction.net , i take my virtual hat off to you.

I've got to say that after the only couple of episodes with only limited amounts of screen time for the two of them, last week's was a welcome surprise. Mary who can be waspish, was just a plain wasp, in the way or buzzing in Sybil's ear at all the wrong moments. always

Although with tptb introducing such gaps between each ep, both subtlety and detail of character development has been lost where you'd rather it weren't. Branson has come across as brash on occasion which doesn't quite ring true IMO. I guess that's where shippers come in. lol

I'll have to read back over some of he other thread when i get a chance, is there a 300 post cap by the way? Excuse that possibly daft question, i'm new.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new one and welcome all new posters!

Quote:
there a 300 post cap by the way
Yep, after a thread reaches 300 posts, a new one has to be started.

Goodbye Girl

Quote:
oh and I'm co-runner of downtoncaps, so it's a pleasure that you guys used two of our caps)
Love downtoncaps!

Sybil/Branson scenes are like someone coming and letting you take a spoon of chocolate ice cream and you go for more because it's soooo delicious and they take the bowl away, lol.

I really do adore them and love the scenes we've been getting (too bad they cut the apology out), but I just again want more.

I actually like that Sybil right now is not admitting her feelings and seems confused and conflicted...as long as eventually we get to see her realise she does in fact love him. I hope we don't just get a moment of realisation though, I want lots of moments leading up to the big one (though I think it'll just happen in a sccene).

Right now though I don't know if she's flattered by his attention and that's why she hasn't firmly rejected him or stayed away, or if she truly has feelings but is burying them. I really hope it's the latter, because I want the show to be heading towards getting them together.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome Nick HeyRee Glad you decided join in on the discussion and welcome to

Quote:
Sybil/Branson scenes are like someone coming and letting you take a spoon of chocolate ice cream and you go for more because it's soooo delicious and they take the bowl away, lol.
So true.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT!!!

Welcome all you new peoples!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)

I really do adore them and love the scenes we've been getting (too bad they cut the apology out), but I just again want more.

I actually like that Sybil right now is not admitting her feelings and seems confused and conflicted...as long as eventually we get to see her realise she does in fact love him. I hope we don't just get a moment of realisation though, I want lots of moments leading up to the big one (though I think it'll just happen in a sccene).

Right now though I don't know if she's flattered by his attention and that's why she hasn't firmly rejected him or stayed away, or if she truly has feelings but is burying them. I really hope it's the latter, because I want the show to be heading towards getting them together.
ICA, I like that she's the one who's confused and unsure... you have to remember how young she is, how young she was when they met (before her first season)... so in a sense he's always been there, someone she could talk to, someone who cared about her opinions, she never let herself have any inkling of true feelings for him because she was told she couldn't...

I really think they are buried deep and she's just now starting to realize them... she can't outright reject him, because that would mean he'd leave and she doesn't want that, she's said that several times in several different ways this season...

Mary may have come off waspish, which she is, but she wasn't as outraged as I expected she might be during that scene in the hallway... they may treat their servants like servants, but she does care about them as people... what she did for Anna to help her find Bates, what she did for Williams so he could see his mum before she died... she cares less about how things should be done than Edith does, but she's just not vocal about it like Sybil... I think she and Sybil are on the same page in a lot of respects, Mary just feels it's her duty to stay quiet and be what the eldest daughter of the Earl should be (except for that time she took a lover...)...
Old 10-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

When Sybil says she's not even sure if they've shaken hands, did she or the writers forget that they held hands in S1? LOL.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you, everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
When Sybil says she's not even sure if they've shaken hands, did she or the writers forget that they held hands in S1? LOL.
I think she was just reassuring Mary that nothing was happening. I saw it as an example and obviously she wouldn't reveal to her sister that fact, if she was trying to hide/reassure Mary that no scandal was going on (and then Mary even refers telling their father, which possibly made Sybil even more scared).
Old 10-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thank you, everyone

I think she was just reassuring Mary that nothing was happening. I saw it as an example and obviously she wouldn't reveal to her sister that fact, if she was trying to hide/reassure Mary that no scandal was going on (and then Mary even refers telling their father, which possibly made Sybil even more scared).
that's exactly how I saw it too, she just wanted to make sure Mary knew she hadn't done anything; that's partly what she was so angry with Mary... here Sybil was not doing anything with a man who is completely in love with her and Mary/Granny are criticizing her anyways...
Old 10-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahhershey (View Post)
that's exactly how I saw it too, she just wanted to make sure Mary knew she hadn't done anything; that's partly what she was so angry with Mary... here Sybil was not doing anything with a man who is completely in love with her and Mary/Granny are criticizing her anyways...
Yes. I was expecting Mary to be a little more... supportive? I know she is most likely fearing for her sister's reputation (and even the family's reputation; and god knows how Mary has her share of unluck on that matter), which made her more aggressive and consequently made Sybil not wanting to reveal her possible feelings. I think Sybil was very defensive starting from the point where she realized that Mary wasn't going to take it lightly. And then she just went 'with it'.

And indeed... She already feeling bad for being judged even before they knew. Sybil must be really conflicted of what to do.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread