Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanyr (View Post)
I'm suppose to be getting some work done! I think I'm addicted to this site. Anyway, great beautiful smile!
I love this video. The moment with her and her mother was so golden and touching and sincere. She smiled BIG when she thanked Kevin Costner for believing in her, but was very official and dutiful when she thanked Boooby. Like once. She thanked her husband like once after she waltzed up in them World Music Awards and gave, like, four acceptance speeches and took home a caseload of trophies for America.

But this video is also very bittersweet, because Patrick Swayze passed away a few years ago. Two beautiful, nice people who made Hollywood such a better place for their colleagues and fans. Gone.

Last edited by GobSmacked82; 04-19-2012 at 08:08 PM
Old 04-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'm suppose to be getting some work done! I think I'm addicted to this site. Anyway, great beautiful smile!
Thanks. Nice video.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82 (View Post)
I love this video. She smiled BIG when she thanked Kevin Costner for believing in her, but was very official and dutiful when she thanked Boooby. Like once. She thanked her husband like once after she tan up in them World Music Awards and took home everything for America.

The moment with her and her mother was so golden and touching and sincere.

But this video is also very bittersweet, because Patrick Swayze passed away a few years ago. Two beautiful, nice people who made Hollywood such a better place for their colleagues and fans. Gone.
The vid was bittersweet for me too b/c i LOVE dirty dancing and patrick swayze. Also, when they showed that clip and when it got to The Bodyguard i felt like i was 7yrs old again when i first saw The Bodyguard trailer and I got very tearful. Did you guys notice how Prince was looking when she thanked BB?! He was like, 'ummmm no,' Lol!
Old 04-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Kevin definitely wayched this 1994 WMA-there is no way he did not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven03 (View Post)
The vid was bittersweet for me too b/c i LOVE dirty dancing and patrick swayze. Also, when they showed that clip and when it got to The Bodyguard i felt like i was 7yrs old again when i first saw The Bodyguard trailer and I got very tearful. Did you guys notice how Prince was looking when she thanked BB?! He was like, 'ummmm no,' Lol!
LOL, at your comment as I had the same thought as you when I saw Prince's reaction when Whitney thanked Booby in that clip.

My God, this woman was so gorgeous!! You know Kevin probably watched that entire 1994 WMA live and recorded all of it too. She was so gorgeous there. She had lost all the pregnancy weight by then and that gown fits her like a glove and her hair style is so majestic/queen-like.

Kevin definitley watched this WMA show if we have to believe his "method to his madness" and was probably blowing kisses to the screen and praying hard the whole time asking the Almighty to intervene and somehow send His Whitney back his way as this is the year he divorced with wife #1.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Great video of Kevin and Whitney

Kevin Costner/Whitney Houston [suddenly my eyes are opened] HD 720p - YouTube
Old 04-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Thank you for the article. It was a pleasure to read it, it introduces our girl in good light. I heard that both Whitney's brothers and even Dionne had drug problems, so she was not the only one in that family. I wonder why they all did it - too much pressure, too much fame or too much money? Probably all 3 of it. I guess a lot of people thakes drugs in Hollywood and we don't even know about it.
I agree with Monique's decision to move out from Gary if he really was a drug addict at the time. It's not good environment ffor children that's why I'm worried about Bobbi Kris. As much as I love Whitney, I wish she was strong enough to live without cocaine in her life.

also, I came across a nice article from 1993, Gosh Whitney's world was so different back then. http://www.classicwhitney.com/interv...pause_1993.htm

I didn't know that Kevin approached her about the film in 1989 already Wow, he was surely waiting for a long time!

Last edited by kala79; 04-20-2012 at 05:17 AM
Old 04-20-2012, 05:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney&kevinforever (View Post)
LOL, at your comment as I had the same thought as you when I saw Prince's reaction when Whitney thanked Booby in that clip.

My God, this woman was so gorgeous!! You know Kevin probably watched that entire 1994 WMA live and recorded all of it too. She was so gorgeous there. She had lost all the pregnancy weight by then and that gown fits her like a glove and her hair style is so majestic/queen-like.

Kevin definitley watched this WMA show if we have to believe his "method to his madness" and was probably blowing kisses to the screen and praying hard the whole time asking the Almighty to intervene and somehow send His Whitney back his way as this is the year he divorced with wife #1.
I kno rite!! Prince is hilarious, love him!! Yes Whitney was IT, she was soooo beautiful and wat made her even more beautiful was her personality...she was so humble. Kevin was prob cheesing the whole time this was on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo-Nantucket (View Post)
Ooh that vid gave me chills!!! It was awesome!! Thanks for sharing the link!!

Last edited by Raven03; 04-20-2012 at 05:35 AM
Old 04-20-2012, 06:10 AM
New Fan

Good Morning,

Hey Erica - I suppose the pic of them lying in bed together is too racy huh? LOL!

I had read the article about the British Bodyguard about a week after the funeral. I researched it because I'd read some comments on him on You Tube. I remembered then not seeing the three days later he was fired info that the person on You Tube posted - and I forgot what he'd (Bodyguard) said about using Bobby for a human shield. The more I think about it, I know in my heart that he and Kev had a relationship during filming - and they must have kept in touch after the BG. Why not? I'm sure they respected each other - and Kev would have wanted to keep tabs on his Lady Love.

I also now think he must have consulted with Mr. Roberts as it pertained to any tips he could receive from him in the art of body guarding, as Mr. Roberts has offered to consult on any remake now. Kev did mention in the Memories DOC that some bodyguards had come up to him and thanked him for showing them in a good light - and for showing that they weren't just lackeys. I bet he and Mr. Roberts discussed it and many more things. Imagine them discussing Bobby. Lord have mercy. I wonder if Kev knew how he felt about using Bobby as a human shield. Wow! I can see Kev now telling the man - "That's Right. Use him." LOL!

Kev was really in the loop (Whit and Bobby's doings) until the bodyguard was let go. Can we not imagine how he felt when Mr. Roberts told him about how Bobby showed up in the hospital all drunk whilst Whitney was scared preparing to have Bobbi Kristina? This is another reason he felt that she was a little girl - because there was another example of her being afraid of something per Mr. Roberts. I truly think Mr. Roberts was Representing him and Kev in that article. That's how Kev felt too. We forget to imagine what he truly thought about that loser BB. I love it that he was made to leave the church. Kev probably didn't care. Kev spoke like he was her husband. He saw Bobby kiss the casket, and most likely had to turn his head. I mean really!

Anyway, I think it is a huge thing that those two men - who both loved Whitney, communicated past the Bodyguard timing. If Mr. Roberts was in love with Whit - then Kev knew and vice versa. Another man can tell when a man loves a woman by the way he looks at her, speaks to and is around her - so they both knew. I think this also has to do with Kev saying more than once that "Guys were in love with her." They got it. She was special, amazing, and beautiful - and what Kev calls her - "Exotic." LOL! I heard him say that guys fell in love with her from watching her videos as he did - but I've also heard him say more that once without mentioning the videos that guys were in love with her (and in the movie they show the guys flocking around her before she goes onstage at the academy awards when he mentioned that phrase in the Memories DOC). She was a heartbreaker at one time no question - and without even trying. Mr. Roberts may have been crushing on her - but ultimately and like he was quoted saying - he liked and admired her. Those two words fall in line with loving someone romantically - but they also work because he cared for her welfare and thought her a decent and loving human being, and he wanted to protect her.

She was truly loved by a lot of people. They saw her loving soul and pure heart.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha777 (View Post)
Good Morning,

Hey Erica - I suppose the pic of them lying in bed together is too racy huh? LOL!
What do you mean?

Quote:
Kev was really in the loop (Whit and Bobby's doings) until the bodyguard was let go. Can we not imagine how he felt when Mr. Roberts told him about how Bobby showed up in the hospital all drunk whilst Whitney was scared preparing to have Bobbi Kristina?
I can't imagine how Kevin felt about that he probably wanted to kill him for that and if he did I don't blame him for it I'd totally want him too.

Last edited by 80s90sIsTheBest; 04-20-2012 at 06:48 AM
Old 04-20-2012, 08:46 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
What do you mean?

I can't imagine how Kevin felt about that he probably wanted to kill him for that and if he did I don't blame him for it I'd totally want him too.

It's when they are lying there basking in the afterglow of lovemaking/whoopee. Ooh-la-la. Matter-of-fact, after we hear her laugh when he says "Right now might not be too difficult", as it related to her telling him that no one could get by him (rolls eyes in a loving way), she makes a love sound. It's very faint, but real. I was like, oh no you didn't Whit. It was a sound of content, like a cat stretching. I think it is still amazing that she made that little sound. It's like she was giving him his props for making her purrrrrr like a satisfied (more like gratified) kitten. LOL! People watching all over the world heard that little sound - and they/we recognized it.

Rachel & Frank Photos - The Bodyguard Photo (29544952) - Fanpop
Old 04-20-2012, 09:03 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney&kevinforever (View Post)

It is clear to me with all that has been unearthed on Kevin and Whitney's relationship that they love each other deeply but were not just lucky on this earth to experience that love in a husband-wife relationship due to bad timing of them being involved with other people when they fell in love with each other.

The only persons Kevin and Whitney could have experienced unconditional spiritual mind-blowing, "Brangelina-type love with, are each other: proof is they are not as happy with other people as they are together when they spent 6 months in close proximity of each other shooting the movie (look at those megawatt smiles of theirs when they are playful with each other and the intensity when looking at each other aaawww!!!). I know some say they are confused by Kevin's contradicted statements re: his relationship with Whitney recently but understand the man: he is going through the five stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance) and to me he has not gone pass the third stage. He seem to be going through the first thre stages (denial, anger and bargaining) at the same time because the public scrutiny has not allowed him time to grieve in private, thus the confusion/contradiction in his statements. But to me that is also proof of the deep love he felt for her because if he was not emotionally invested in Whitney, why would he feel like that?? Right??
Good point. If Whitney was just a colleague of his from 20 years ago, or just an ordinary friend, Kevin would not be this affected by her death. Her death has clearly hit him hard. I read a tweet from a lady (she posted a photo that she took with Whitney during the event to honor Muhammad Ali in 2008 and said Whitney looked beautiful that night), but I can't find that tweet anymore. Anyway, this lady seems to be a mutual friend of Kevin and Whitney, as she tweeted that Kevin is really grieving for Whitney because he loves her a lot (she probably means in a platonic way, but still), and she can't imagine how difficult it must be for him to write his eulogy. This tweet came a couple of days before Whitney's funeral - I didn't mention it here earlier because I wanted to find that tweet again. It irritates me that I can't remember the lady's twitter account so that I can search for that tweet. But it shows me that Kevin's friends (at least some of them) seem to know that he was very fond of Whitney. (You guys don't have to believe me but I swear I read this tweet before, and her photo taken with Whitney at the Ali event was proof enough for me that she was legit).

Quote:
Here are some of the photos from there for anyone who wants them. I couldn't fit the last few like I wanted too because the site wouldn't let me and I can't double post so I'll post up the last few later.

*click on image to enlarge it*
Thanks Erica for uploading those photos! I wish there were more photos of Kevin and Whitney together, but we'll take what we can get!

Quote:
I think you make some excellent points. I was looking at Modern West's facebook page and a fan had commented yesterday about how they had enjoyed the concert in Nashville but thought his experience earlier in the day was still on his mind because his eyes were sad. They were talking about the Fort Knox ceremony which I'm sure was very sad but I don't think any of us would think it was the fallen soldiers alone weighing so heavily on his mind. Regarding Whitney, has anyone read this interview yet?

[EXCLUSIVE] Monique Houston Breaks Her Silence about Whitney's Death - Entertainment & Culture - EBONY
Thanks for sharing the link to this article. Monique Houston gave an interview to CNN a couple of months back where she said similar things (about Gary's addiction, and it being too soon for Bobbi Kristina to be interviewed by Oprah). One thing I agree with her is that Whitney should have acted more. Many people have commented on Whitney's natural wit and charm. I would have loved to see Whitney in a romantic comedy with Will Smith. If only Whitney had agreed to act with Robert Deniro when he approached her in the mid-80s (so many wannabe actresses would've given an arm and leg to act opposite Deniro!), she could have been the first African American actress to win the Oscar for Best Actress, before Halle Berry. Whitney could easily have been an A-list movie star and america's sweetheart (an equivalent to Julia Roberts/Sandra Bullock), because she just had the IT factor. The camera loved her and she had crossover appeal. Whitney still managed to make an impact in the movie industry even though she only acted in a handful of movies. Do you guys know that Whitney wanted to remake Judy Garland's movie before she died?

Whitney Houston Had Hoped to Remake Judy Garland's Final Film - Speakeasy - WSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual observer (View Post)

Good point--The Bodyguard seemed to mark the pinnacle for both of them. Then the collapse began--for both of them. Also with this Brangelina stuff in the news--it shows that a relationship that doesn't begin under the best circumstances can still be for the best (as it appears they really love each other and should be together--but I don't know too much about it, really).
Brangelina has their share of supporters, not only haters - as they appear to be soulmates. Brad didn't dump Jennifer because Jen was old/unattractive to hook up with a much younger woman. He wasn't in a mid-life crisis and needed to upgrade his wife for a trophy wife.. Angie is only 6 years younger than Jen. It's similar to the Paul Newman-Joanne Woodward relationship. Paul Newman married too young, and then he met his soulmate and love-of-his-life in Joanne Woodward. That's why people are more understanding of them as a couple. They couldn't help falling in love, and even Paul's wife saw that. She gave Paul the divorce he wanted (as you say, when a man's heart isn't in the marriage anymore, what's the use of staying together?). Whitney and Kevin to me, were in a similar predicament as Paul and Joanne - but more complicated because Whitney was engaged to Booby Clown, and she had a lot more expectations on her from many parties (her mom, her record company, the black community etc).

Quote:
To clarify--I wasn't referring to Cindy at all--I thought the original message meant that #2 was doing the pursuing. From all reports, Kevin fell head-over-heels in love with his first wife--I doubt she needed to do much 'wooing.'
Okay, glad you cleared that up. I agree that Kevin wooed Cindy.

Quote:
I don't think he should've succumbed to the pressure of marrying her to begin with and a divorce in my view is just a correction of a past mistake. If this were Cindy, well, I'd feel that was a relationship to try to save. Not this one. Yes I agree that he needs to find a more age appropriate wife the next time around. Someone without the vacuous saucer-eyed look constantly posing for the cameras. Or at least a real German Supermodel--yes, Heidi is available now isn't she? But then again, so is Eva Longoria (I think)--those two made a striking couple! And she didn't need to cling to his arm to get her picture taken.
Haha, I like Eva Longoria too, but she's even younger than CB! Eva is in her prime and I don't think Kevin Costner is her type (her ex was a pro-basketball player - very athletic, tall, dark and handsome). LOL. But anyway, I agree that Kevin should've reconciled with his first wife Cindy, if she wasn't seeing anyone. But it's a moot point now. Whitney would've been a great match for Kevin - she was definitely a handful, but Whitney surely wouldn't have bored Kevin to tears and they would have learnt a lot from each other as they were so different (opposites do attract!). We have mentioned their similarities but we should not forget their differences too. A cowboy straight-laced actor and a hip black diva as a couple? That's mindblowing!

Quote:
Thank you sooooo much for this! Brilliant search technique btw!
Did any tweet in particular make you smile? I liked the one that said - 'Kevin has a lot of passion for a white man'. Mmmhmmm. lol Well, I am going to post the rest of the screencaps I made here for those who want to read them, since these tweets are no longer on twitter. This way, the tweets from that weekend in February will live on the internet for Kevney fans to look back on them. But I'm going to post them in batches so as not to flood the thread. Batch 2 of 4 below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo-Nantucket (View Post)
That's a well-made video, I've bookmarked that one. Here'a another fanvideo on youtube that is a favorite of mine:

The Bodyguard - Frank Farmer_Rachel Marron

Last edited by Shiroja; 04-20-2012 at 09:41 AM Reason: Added comment
Old 04-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's when they are lying there basking in the afterglow of lovemaking/whoopee. Ooh-la-la. Matter-of-fact, after we hear her laugh when he says "Right now might not be too difficult", as it related to her telling him that no one could get by him (rolls eyes in a loving way), she makes a love sound. It's very faint, but real. I was like, oh no you didn't Whit. It was a sound of content, like a cat stretching. I think it is still amazing that she made that little sound. It's like she was giving him his props for making her purrrrrr like a satisfied (more like gratified) kitten. LOL! People watching all over the world heard that little sound - and they/we recognized it.
Ah okay thanks for letting me know what you meant, I understand now. I love that scene.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:18 AM
New Fan

Frank Farmer - A.K.A. Kevin Costner 007 in Japan

Quote:
Ah okay thanks for letting me know what you meant, I understand now. I love that scene.
Did you see the pic? It's on the link I posted.

Check out Kev in Japan in 1992. My God he is hot in that trench coat. He looks good. I love it!

Kevin Costner in Japan 1992 ケビン・コスナー初来日 - YouTube
Old 04-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Did you see the pic? It's on the link I posted.
No it wouldn't come up.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Shiroja

I believe you about the tweet, trust me I do.

Natasha

I will go back and look at that scene after they made love. I heard the same thing, but didn't check it further. Thanks.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread