Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2012, 03:30 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevney/SmoochyFan (View Post)
YES! That is exactly what I was coming to say. I wish there was some REAL tea about Kevney. But I guess everything is under wraps unless someone spills, which I hope one day soon.
Me too. But I think there was more! I mean why would Ray Watson (The Bodyguard) shut that man up so quick and telling him "I told you not to talk about that"
Old 07-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Whitney & Kevin both did whatever they had to to protect each other and that includes their personal life.

Someone knows and I look for it to be leaked. I have a feeling.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchrisL (View Post)
Whitney & Kevin both did whatever they had to to protect each other and that includes their personal life.

well at least his name was mention an interview and Whitney was cheesin like dis see-------> she lit up mannnn
Old 07-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGiggles (View Post)
well at least his name was mention an interview and Whitney was cheesin like dis see-------> she lit up mannnn
Great to see you posting again, Ms. Giggles. It sure was obvious from that interview that she was delighted by Kevin. It's a very cute video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala79 (View Post)
I always had a feeling that Whitney was a weak and fragile person, who easily got hurt. Unfortunately, some people used it, because she was also generous. So she was an easy target. After a while of constant giving I'm sure she was tired and scared, that everyone is with her for her money and that caused a lot of problems in her personality. She took drugs to kill the pain. To forget. And she liked that state. I remember Oprah interview - I know she was clean then - but it was obvious to me that she likes to have her mind fogged. Too much pain. Remember - she lit up when she was describing how she took them.
She found herself an encouraging partner for it - who used her in many ways. And I believe she was very unexperienced as it comes to men. She was saving herself for 'the right one' and he turned out to be an ass, even though I believe he could be charming. Edie Murphy denies having sexual relationship with her, Randall Cunningham she referrs to as a ;friend'and the whole Jermaine thing - well, we don't know what happened really. So Bobby used her lack of experience and need to be loved - he, at the age of 23, had enough experience to know how to make Whit love him. Unfortunately so.
ITA, Kala79. Whitney had a lot of virtues—gentleness, goodness, humility—but she was not as resilient as she needed to be in the 1990s to withstand the ravages of that horrendous marriage. I don't condone drug use under normal circumstances, but I don't think her weaknesses gave him the right to plague her with his abuses or for others to leech off of her. It seems really hypocritical of people to put tremendously heavy weights on one person's shoulder, then criticize them for not having the superhuman strength needed to shrug off all of that.

I also don't approve of adultery under normal circumstances, but judging by how closely Kevin always held Whitney in photos, is seems like they had obvious chemistry. If only she had the courage to recognize that the marriage was unsuitable, unhealthy, and that she'd be better off with someone who really loved and respected her. But judging by past interviews, it seemed that Whitney was afraid of two stigmas: divorce and single motherhood. She referenced her single mother status several times in concert and during the Oprah interview in 1999, and the disappointment was palpable, at least the way I read it.

Whitney was one of those women who feel deeply, who take things to heart, as BeBe Winans' book will explain in greater detail. And a very public divorce from a man so widely reviled and whom everyone thought was beneath her might have been a crushing blow to her hopes to beat the odds and work things out. The split validated, in her eyes, all of the public backlash and ridicule about their union. Didn't we all rue the day that she said 'yes' to that fool? But her real fans just wanted her to move on and heal.

As for Jermaine Jackson and his claim that they had an affair—well, I think it's fairly tasteless of him to make that claim now. Whitney has died and cannot very well refute his claims. Now her name will be attached to his in some sort of scandal in perpetuity. And if it is true, he ought to be ashamed of himself for involving a young girl like Whitney, new to the treacherous music business, in some mess like that. She was just 19 when Clive Davis brought her onto the Merv Griffin show, about 21 when her first album came out. I realize that the child grew up around the music business, but at that age, young women are still VERY impressionable. They are just tenderonis. Raggedy old men like Jermaine shouldn't be preying on them.

And Pashaun,
Although I am a Kevney shipper, I still have my doubts as to whether there was anything to that attempted ambush interview two days before she died. It would be one thing if the gossip monger asked Whitney if she had plans to meet up with Kevin. See how she just ignored the pipsqueak? Nothing to a Kevin/Ray J meetup.

I do think there was something more to that Kelly Ripa interview, of all things. When Kelly said their 1992 chemistry was so on that it made you wish they had gotten together in real life, she, Kevin and Seth all halted and pivoted and changed the topic fast enough to kick up dust in their wake. It kind of made me wonder: Why so uncomfortable, if there was nothing to speak of between Whitney and Kevin beyond a good friendship?

I think we've seen the last of Kevin's public remarks about Whitney in interviews. In the days leading up to his magnificent tribute speech, Kevin's refused to say anything publicly because it wasn't his style. He wanted to keep their relationship private, and only said that he held her in high esteem. He ditched all kinds of opportunities to talk about her and honor her until something that felt right—a personal request from a family member and mutual friend—moved him to say 'yes' without hesitation. We all know that that guy loved that woman. Personally, I don't need some half-witted jackass trying to stage a TMZ-style ambush interview to validate it.

Last edited by GobSmacked82; 07-26-2012 at 06:38 PM
Old 07-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Gobsmacked I agree. Whitney was very close to God in her life, sometimes not that close at all I will not lie. She backslide big time, but God said, "I'm married to the backslider"
Alot was throw on her shoulders and some had the attitude since you're so much carry it all. I have seen it done with me,. CEO's I have dealth with etc. The more gifted and the more ability the more burden and problems, to say nothing of the jealousies that come from outsiders, not to mention people that you know and this was promonent in her case.

Once in that marriage trouble started right away, even that hoodrat said they separated twice within the first year, but she took her vows to God seriously and tryed to make it work, backing off of alot of her traits and characters in the hopes it would work.
I think once she settled she felt maybe she could bring him around to God.
I felt for years she wanted to get out but didn't know how and more importantly did not want to hurt BK. She finally realized that God was not happy with this union and that he was forgiving and knew she gave her all.

As for Jermaine he would wait until after she's dead to say something because she can't refute it and his sorry attention seeking sister Latoya is the same. What kind of sister is that involved in their brothers personal lives? I'll let you all figure that one out. Not normal I can say that.

Because of reasons I will not go into, Jermaine is more than shady and questionable. And even if it is true. It is long forgottewn and over and he was dumped, something he will never own up to.

That ambushed outside the night club, I think it was a cleverly worded question to get a response and she did not answer. She was likely asked about KC before which put her on the guard. So when she was asked she remained calm and never stopped signing autographs.

Ray J is a joke! Believe he is. But it is no coincident in my book that KC got thrown in and then Ray the bodyguard quickly told the man he was asked not to talk about that. something was afoot.

I don't know that I saw the interview where the three were asked on air about the chemistry.

Kevin had to evetually say something. He may be asked again when the movie is released, but alot is going on in August and it will be overwhelming.

I for one would be surprised if something didn't show up in the tabs. Because some people are so tr4ashy and low level they will do anything for money and to keep trash going, but they were close and the bond formed over 20 yrs ago was not broken and never will be.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGiggles (View Post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82 (View Post)
Great to see you posting again, Ms. Giggles.
Ditto! Glad you're back!

Quote:
I do think there was something more to that Kelly Ripa interview, of all things. When Kelly said their 1992 chemistry was so on that it made you wish they had gotten together in real life, she, Kevin and Seth all halted and pivoted and changed the topic fast enough to kick up dust in their wake. It kind of made me wonder: Why so uncomfortable, if there was nothing to speak of between Whitney and Kevin beyond a good friendship?
Quote:

Yep!

Quote:
Gobsmacked I agree. Whitney was very close to God in her life...
Yes she was, and more importantly, is. Kevin now has a very powerful ally on the other side. I don't think it's a coincidence that his career is being given new life. Or that he won that recent trial. I think WH is interceding for him 'up there.'
Old 07-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual observer (View Post)
Ditto! Glad you're back!

Yep!

Yes she was, and more importantly, is. Kevin now has a very powerful ally on the other side. I don't think it's a coincidence that his career is being given new life. Or that he won that recent trial. I think WH is interceding for him 'up there.'
You are so right she is also looking out for him. I think anyone who deliberately trys to hurt Cissy, BK and Kevin and those who truly loved, understood and was with her through think and thin (particularly the ones we don't know) had better watch out. Their days are coming. Yes days!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Ditto! Glad you're back!

Yep!

I've never thought of it that way, but I see the sense in it. It's not delusional or sentimental thinking either. Kevin has been reaping some good career and life fruit lately. Hopefully Whitney is in that "army of angels" looking out for him and his kids!

I can't tell you how many people I've spoken to who have described dreaming about or experiencing the spirits of their loved ones after they died. One of my close friends lost her mother a few years back, before she had her first child. They were close, and it was a terrible blow. Well, my friend gave birth to her daughter in the same hospital where her mother had died several years before. On her first night there with her new daughter sleeping in the bassinet nearby, my friend dreamed about her mother. The setting was a train station and she had to meet her mother there. They met, had a tearful embrace, and her mother congratulated her on the birth of their daughter. It sent CHILLS down my spine, even though I know it was a dream.

Whitney has a very strong spirit. Read her mother's letter on the first page of this thread. It's also apparent in Krissy's descriptions to Oprah, of lights going on and off in their shard house. Some people might shrug it off, but for two different people to experience a knocking and lights flickering as she was crossing over? It kind of makes me wonder if KC experienced anything. The fact that a couple of weeks after her passing he couldn't watch TBG or hear that song makes me wonder.

Or if Boooby had terrible nightmares!! (probably not. Whitney was a loving, forgiving person, by many accounts)
Old 07-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I've never thought of it that way, but I see the sense in it. It's not delusional or sentimental thinking either. Kevin has been reaping some good career and life fruit lately. Hopefully Whitney is in that "army of angels" looking out for him and his kids!

I can't tell you how many people I've spoken to who have described dreaming about or experiencing the spirits of their loved ones after they died. One of my close friends lost her mother a few years back, before she had her first child. They were close, and it was a terrible blow. Well, my friend gave birth to her daughter in the same hospital where her mother had died several years before. On her first night there with her new daughter sleeping in the bassinet nearby, my friend dreamed about her mother. The setting was a train station and she had to meet her mother there. They met, had a tearful embrace, and her mother congratulated her on the birth of their daughter. It sent CHILLS down my spine, even though I know it was a dream.

Whitney has a very strong spirit. Read her mother's letter on the first page of this thread. It's also apparent in Krissy's descriptions to Oprah, of lights going on and off in their shard house. Some people might shrug it off, but for two different people to experience a knocking and lights flickering as she was crossing over? It kind of makes me wonder if KC experienced anything. The fact that a couple of weeks after her passing he couldn't watch TBG or hear that song makes me wonder.

Or if Boooby had terrible nightmares!! (probably not. Whitney was a loving, forgiving person, by many accounts)

I have had the same thing happen to me on a few occasions. I want to share this, about a month ago I had a dream, I was in NJ in a building that was nothing but a parking structure, very nice but not imposing.

I was sitting in my BMW and before I got in I noticed how quiet the street was, then a car drove by and left. I got in my car and turned the key and Whitney came over and said don't go yet, she was very stern. I told her that it was okay and don't worry, she told me to turn the car off and I did, but felt that it was unnecassary.

Then the dream cut to what must have been two days later and I had gone into another building not as new or nice, but it had parking on the first level, Whitney told me to wait. I sat there and turned the car on and she reach in turned it off and took the keys out of the ignition. I got out and followed her and she turned and said come on. When I was about 12 feet away gunfire started and the front of the car, including the driver's side was hit with bullets.

She told me a garage would come and get the car and she'd see me later. She would call before she came. I woke up.

I know she is around and watching out for Kevin. His heart is broken in a way it never has been before. I hope in time she will talk to him. She probably is already, but not in detail. She is taking care of Cissy, Kris and KC.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

delete

Last edited by MsGiggles; 07-28-2012 at 10:09 AM
Old 07-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

The Japan Album and A Quick One-Off

Quote:
CBS Exclusive Close-Up With Kevin Costner: Music, Movies And Dreams

July 20, 2012 9:38 AM

You know him from such classic movies as The Bodyguard, Field Of Dreams, Dances With Wolves, and dozens more, but these days Kevin Costner is tapping in to a new generation of fans, and performing to a different audience.

His country music band, Kevin Costner & Modern West, is currently touring the globe and performing songs from their current album Famous For Killing Each Other, and though you know him first from the silver screen, music was his first love.

In an exclusive CBS interview, Costner tells US 99.5’s Trish Biondo that movies and music play an equal part of his life. ”I don’t separate my music from my movies, because most of the songs you will hear were written during the making of those movies. It’s not an ‘okay lets start taking me serious for music, and please forget about my movie life.’

It makes perfect sense that music would have been Costner’s first influence. His grandmother, mom and aunt all played the piano. “I took the stupid piano lessons. Not that they were stupid, but they just kept me locked up as a kid. I would look out the window and see everybody playing, I would just be thinking, this ain’t happening. I did that for about 4 years.”

What’s his secret now to keeping the energy and drive in place? “Staying interested. Whenever you’re interested in your business or your personal life…that’s a great place to be.” He continues by saying “whenever I’m not interested, it’s kind of a tell tale sign that I should be doing something else.”

If you catch Modern West on tour, according to Costner you can hear “four to five songs from his most recent 19 track album, as well as songs from the band’s previous two releases. Costner says he was working on Famous For Killing Each Other: Music From and Inspired by Hatfields & McCoys while he was making the mini-series (Hatfields & McCoys) and began to write about the people “in that time.” He describes the album as the “fabric of our nation” and admits it has a “pretty severe title with a certain level of violence, but it is an easy listening record.”

“The Angels Came Down” is a song that has particular meaning for Costner and shows his compassionate side. A song written about the Civil War, but as he tells it “it really deals with any man or woman who would find themselves on foreign soil at that last moment in their lives.”

He relates a story about a really “unbelievable letter” he received from a woman who had lost her son. She tells him in the letter, that her son had been machine gunned, and he died on the helicopter enroute to the hospital. She was haunted by this, but when she heard the song, she said it helped her imagine a different ending for her son’s life. “It just kind of floored me, that it helped her imagine a different ending for her son.”

The song is intended to be a meaningful tribute to the organizations and people he supports including Gold Star Mothers and Gold Star Wives, though he says it’s “not the kind of club anybody wants to belong to,” they represent those who have lost a spouse, son or daughter in the line of duty.

Does Kevin Costner believe in angels? Yes he does. “Yeah, I ask them every night to watch over the people I love and sent the toughest ones you got too for the people I care about.”

Performing along the way, he has learned some tough lessons and had some Taylor Swift related “Mean” experiences. He admits he doesn’t have a “thin skin” but can get his feelings hurt. Costner did relate the experience in the interview, but isn’t the type of guy to dwell on the negative.

One place you won’t see Costner is behind the judges table on American Idol. In regards to possibly filling the shoes of the likes of Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez, he tells us that he wouldn’t consider the “gig.” Recalling when he was in his first play, “I was awful…really bad, and I knew I was bad…the difference was, I knew it was what I wanted to do and knew I would get better.” His reasoning is that it doesn’t matter what a lot of people think and you can really crush somebody. Some people (judges) are better at that and he gives Howard Stern (America’s Got Talent) as a “really great” example. ”I think he surprises everybody when you think he’s gonna blast somebody and he doesn’t.”

“When I audition actors, when I direct, I swear to God, I want them all to get the part. I want people to succeed.”

It is obvious that this family man’s upbringing gave him a solid foundation and life lessons that he strives to pass on to his own children. “I don’t care what they become in life, I’m more interested in what kind of people they are. I’m really proud of my kids.”

As far as his own dreams go, Costner says he is living them. He jokes about acting out his dreams in reference to his movies when he says, “Hey, I pitched a perfect game in Yankee Stadium, (referring to For Love of the Game) don’t ever forget that – almost made it to the bigs in Bull Durham and feel like I took mushrooms in Field of Dreams.” Speaking of baseball, Kevin insisted on giving a shout out to the Cubs – “every time I come to that town and have a chance to see a game that whole organization opens up their arms to me – they’re very cool they don’t make me go up and sing, I just get to watch and enjoy the game.”

We also get the inside scoop on his clothing company (designed around diving, marine and archaeology) and his adventures in Mozambique.

CBS Exclusive Close-Up With Kevin Costner: Music, Movies And Dreams � CBS New York
Shippers, I just remembered something connecting Whitney to this interview, potentially. In the extended version KC mentions that a music critic got hold of the album that he released in Japan in the '80s. That writer then proceeded to write a very mean-spirited review. He said the reporter found out about it and dug it up from somewhere. Well, Whitney told a magazine reporter, from Ebony I think, about Kevin's musical release in Japan. I don't know which reporter shredded Kevin in that review, or whether he/she was from Ebony magazine specifically. I'm wondering if Whitney innocently opened the door to that whole thing.

Of course, there's no way for me to tell if events unfolded that way. Even if they did, the harsh review would not have been Whitney's fault.

Kevin once told a Canadian reporter that he and Whitney bump into each other from time to time, but they don't talk about the music. I don't believe that.

Whitney: But I feel really bad, Kevin. That reporter went sniffing around for that record after I talked about it.
Kevin: He's a jerk, Whitney don't worry about it. I have a thick skin, anyway.
Whitney: And why do you need a thick skin? Because of me.
Kevin: Whitney, everyone in this business needs a thick skin. Let's forget about it.
Whitney: Well, OK. What are you working on now?
Kevin: Another movie.
Whitney: No more music?
Kevin: There's always music, Whitney.
Whitney: Well, play me some.
Kevin: No.
Whitney: Oh come on. Why not?
Kevin: You're a massive star now. Your phone might be tapped. (laughs)
Whitney: Don't tease me! I'm going to put tape over my big mouth now.
Kevin: Hmmm. Tape, teasing ...
Whitney: Yuck! Stop. I didn't call for that.
Kevin: Shame on you, then. First you get me in trouble with an @sshole, and now you won't show me any sympathy or TLC.
Whitney: CLICK!

TEAM USA JUST ENTERED THE OLYMPIC STADIUM!!!

Last edited by GobSmacked82; 07-27-2012 at 08:05 PM
Old 07-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82

Shippers, I just remembered something connecting Whitney to this interview, potentially. In the extended version KC mentions that a music critic got hold of the album that he released in Japan in the '80s. That writer then proceeded to write a very mean-spirited review. He said the reporter found out about it and dug it up from somewhere. Well, Whitney told a magazine reporter, from Ebony I think, about Kevin's musical release in Japan. I don't know which reporter shredded Kevin in that review, or whether he/she was from Ebony magazine specifically. I'm wondering if Whitney innocently opened the door to that whole thing.

Of course, there's no way for me to tell if events unfolded that way. Even if they did, the harsh review would not have been Whitney's fault.

Kevin once told a Canadian reporter that he and Whitney bump into each other from time to time, but they don't talk about the music. I don't believe that.

Whitney: But I feel really bad, Kevin. That reporter went sniffing around for that record after I talked about it.
Kevin: He's a jerk, Whitney don't worry about it. I have a thick skin, anyway.
Whitney: And why do you need a thick skin? Because of me.
Kevin: Whitney, everyone in this business needs a thick skin. Let's forget about it.
Whitney: Well, OK. What are you working on now?
Kevin: Another movie.
Whitney: No more music?
Kevin: There's always music, Whitney.
Whitney: Well, play me some.
Kevin: No.
Whitney: Oh come on. Why not?
Kevin: You're a massive star now. Your phone might be tapped. (laughs)
Whitney: Don't tease me! I'm going to put tape over my big mouth now.
Kevin: Hmmm. Tape, teasing ...
Whitney: Yuck! Stop. I didn't call for that.
Kevin: Shame on you, then. First you get me in trouble with an @sshole, and now you won't show me any sympathy or TLC.
Whitney: CLICK!

TEAM USA JUST ENTERED THE OLYMPIC STADIUM!!!
That was cute!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

I enjoyed it Gobsmacked
Old 07-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Kevin was not only deep in love he was soooooooooooooooooooooooo deep deep end the deep end of the pool! deep as if he was drooling! deep as if it made his knees weak! deep as if he had no choice of words but love and how beautiful she is! deep that he spoke so highly of her! deep as when he expressed his eulogy to the world! deep to the point he wanted to marry her deep to even have her babies and be the baby daddy lol deep to even make love to her! deep to even take care of her when she need just love and positive energy around her! JUST DEEPPPPPP!!!! alright y'all I'm gone peace!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey shippers. The reviews of the 'Sparkle' soundtrack are in. Newsday doesn't rave about the album. And honestly, I did not expect anyone in this generation to surpass Aretha's take on 'Giving Him Something He Can Feel.' But the power of Whitney's voice had returned.

'Sparkle' review: Whitney Houston's last
Closed Thread   Post New Thread