Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

Kevney #10 {Kevin Costner|Whitney Houston}: "I Took Care Of Her" "He Took Care Of Me" They Took Care Of Each Other

Welcome To The Whitney & Kevin Discussion|Shipper Thread #10!

Support/Shipper List:

AchrisL
AlyssaHP88
andress_jade
Aurielle
azgirl
bethanyr
BrathanSupporter
CarolynPattie
casual observer
charlitawh
deadstars
denise19
dwil90
EricaCallieShipper
Ethereal
greenday123
GobSmacked82
hlgreenie
hopetobehappy
Jojo
Julyaura
kala79
kevneylove
kiki07
kiki242
Kittie Darkhart
km69101
KevWhitFan
lilme
maisie7
mortie121
Natasha777
OneMomentInTimwWhit
Philo-Nantucket
prettygirlA
quin611
Rachel Farmer
RachelMarronshadow
Raven03
SaffaGirl
Shiroja
True Daisy lover
Whitneydreams
whitney&kevinforever
zoe1990

Quotes:

"Whitney, if you could hear me now I would tell you, you weren't just good enough, you were great." "People didn't just like you, Whitney, they loved you." "Off you go Whitney, off you go."

"It's very easy to fall in love with Whitney"

"I promised her two things -- that I would be right there with her, and she would not be bad."

"It was really nice, really a joy to work with Kevin, and it had a lot to do with his personality. He is down-to-earth; he doesn't trip. He's into his work. And he's very kind, he's effective and he's considerate."

"That was more exciting for me than the actual idea that he is this hunk Kevin Costner. Yes, he's a hunk and he's sexy. We all know that, but that's not what I was looking for."

"We kind of made a deal, He loves to sing, he loves music.
--Okay, Kevin, I'll help you with your singing if you help me with the acting."

~ Kevin & Whitney's Biodatas ~

Full name: Kevin Michael Costner
Born: January 18, 1955 in Lynwood, California, USA
Height: 6' 1" (1.85 m)

Kevin was born in Lynwood, California, on January 18, 1955, the third child of Bill Costner, a ditch digger and ultimately an electric line servicer for Southern California Edison, and Sharon Costner. He has 2 older brothers (middle brother died at birth) and was raised Baptist. Costner was not academically inclined. Rather, he enjoyed sports, took piano lessons, wrote poetry and sang in the First Baptist Choir. He has stated that a viewing of the film How the West Was Won at the age of seven had "formed" his childhood. At 18, he built his own canoe and paddled his way down the rivers that Lewis & Clark followed to the Pacific. Despite his present height, he was only 5'2" when he graduated high school. Nonetheless, he still managed to be a basketball, football and baseball star. In 1973, he enrolled at California State University at Fullerton, where he majored in business. (more info at IMDB.com)

Movies famous for: Dances with Wolves, Untouchables, Robin Hood (Prince of Thieves), Waterworld, The Bodyguard

Notable awards won: 2 Academy Awards (Best director and Best Picture for Dances with Wolves), 1 Golden Globe, Berlin Silver Bear

Full Name: Whitney Elizabeth Houston
Born: August 9, 1963 in Newark, New Jersey, USA
Died: February 11, 2012 (age 48) in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California, USA
Nickname: Nippy, The Voice, The Prom Queen of Soul
Height: 5' 8" (1.73 m)

Whitney Houston was born into a musical family on 9 August 1963, in Newark, New Jersey, the daughter of gospel star Cissy Houston and ex-army serviceman John Houston. Her cousin is singing star Dionne Warwick. She has 2 older brothers. Whitney began singing in the choir at her church, The New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, as a young child and by the age of 15 was singing backing vocals professionally with her mother on Chaka Khan's 1978 hit, 'I'm Every Woman'. She went on to provide backing vocals for Lou Rawls, Jermaine Jackson and her own mother and worked briefly as a model, appearing on the cover of 'Seventeen' magazine in 1981.

Her debut album, 'Whitney Houston', was released in 1985 and became the biggest-selling album by a debut artist. Several hit singles, including 'Saving All My Love For You', 'How Will I Know', 'You Give Good Love', and 'The Greatest Love of All', were released from the album, setting her up for a Beatles-beating seven consecutive US number ones. The album itself sold 3 million copies in its first year in the US and went on to sell 25 million worldwide, winning her the first of her six Grammies. (more info at IMDB.com)

Movies famous for: The Bodyguard, Waiting to Exhale, The Preacher's Wife

Notable awards won: 6 Grammy Awards, 2 Emmy Awards, 22 American Music Awards among others

Pictures:

"I kissed her once for America
and once for myself..."
-- Kevin Costner

Articles

USATODAY.com - Costner rides again
Costner has kind words for his co-stars
In His Own Words: Costner on Houston's Eulogy (transcript of Anderson Cooper's interview)
Foreign article (translated) on Kevin Costner's interview with Anderson Cooper
Kevin Costner | Kevin Costner Revisited The Bodyguard After Houston Funeral | Contactmusic
CANOE -- JAM! Movies - Artists - Costner, Kevin : Costner discusses Houston, career
The Nostalgia Fact-Check: Does The Bodyguard Hold Up? -- Vulture
Whitney to Sony: “I Will Always Owe You” | THE MUSiC VOiD
Broke or Not, Whitney Houston Now Understands Value of Estate Planning - Financial Planning
Whitney Houston’s Protective ‘Baby Girl,’ Daughter Bobbi Kristina - The Daily Beast
Whitney and her father John Houston's relationship | follow up
Bobby Brown's Rap Sheet | follow up
Whitney was injured whilst vacationing with Bobby Brown in Capri, Italy (1997)
Bobby Brown battles drugs, marital problems - Dateline NBC - Newsmakers - msnbc.com
Whitney Houston - Triumph and Trauma - Netscape Celebrity
Sound mixer Richard Bryce Goodman shares a private moment with Whitney Houston
Whitney's Concert reviews in 2010
Kevin Reflects On Whitney's Funeral
Kevin Costner & My Secret Garden: Kevin Costner: interviews, quotes & so on
TODAY Entertainment - Bobby Brown on the death of Whitney Houston: 'I'm not the reason she's gone'

~~~~~~~

Video links

Muhammad Ali Celebrity Fight Night 2008 videos and pictures
CFN_Kevin Costner's 2008 speech at Muhammad Ali's Celebrity Fight Night
Kevin Costner's message to David Foster during Ali event in 2008 Link 1 | Link 2
Whitney discusses The Bodyguard and working with Kevin Link 1 | Link 2 | Link 3
Whitney Houston re Qualities in a Man 8/31/86 - YouTube
Whitney - Who Do You Love? Kevin - She's The One
Whitney Houston - This is My Life - Part 4 - YouTube
Whitney Houston Interview 1992 UK Very Rare - YouTube
Whitney Houston 1992 Interview - YouTube
The Bodyguard Story (RIP! Whitney Houston:1963 to 2012) - YouTube
The Bodyguard - behind the scenes
Flashback: Kevin Costner on Whitney Houston | Video - ABC News (2009)
Kevin Costner speaks about his marriage
Kevin Costner Sweden Interview
Kevin Costner Calgary Interview
Kevin Costner talks about Whitney in Japan
Kevin Costner's views on spirituality and love for his children
Kevin Costner - The Bodyguard Interview (1992) - Part 2
Kevin Costner acts AND sings
Kevin Costner on his love for music and his movie leading ladies
HQ Voices of Love: Whitney Houston and her Family - YouTube
Kevin Costner snippets from the funeral - YouTube
Kevin Costner at Whitney's Funeral on ET & The Insider
In His Own Words: Costner on Houston's Eulogy | ETonline.com
Kevin Costner Readies Concept Album, Tour With Modern West | Billboard.biz
Jordin Sparks remembers Whitney Houston's silly faces, jokes on 'Sparkle' set (Video) - 03/22/2012
Kevin Costner: She will always be close to me
Kevin Costner on Anderson Cooper's show (preview)
680News - Video - 680News video: Kevin Costner - Boots and Hearts
Kevin Costner Mourns Whitney Houston's Death | Video - ABC News
Kevin Costner at LAX and more....- YouTube
Whitney Houston's Son From The Bodyguard is All Grown Up - Yahoo!
Whitney Houston: "Nothing But Love" World Tour 2010 Interview - YouTube
Narada Michael Walden on Whitney Houston - documentary
Whitney Houston's Tumultuous Final Days R.I.P 1963-2012

~~~~~~~

Radio interviews

Whitney Houston Interview Compact Disc - YouTube
Kevin talks about Whitney on lite105.com
Kevin Costner - KX94-7 New Country FM

~~~~~~~

Photo links

Whitney Photos link 1 | link 2
Unseen photos when Whitney was 18 link 1 | link 2
Whitney and Bobbi Kristina link 1 | link 2
Whitney and her parents link 1
BodyBodyguard related pictures link 1 | link 2 | link 3 | link 4
Bodyguard Premiere in November 1992 photo 1 | photo 2 | photo 3
Sparkle gifs link 1
Sparkle pictures link 1
Whitney & Kevin Dolls Dolls 1 Dolls 2 Dolls 3
Cipriani Concert And Dinner Series With A Performance By Whitney Photo 1 |Photo 2

~~~~~~~

Gifs:

"Whitney just had that thing...
She was exotic."
-- Kevin Costner

The Bodyguard Soundtrack (1992)

01. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston official video | film version of song
02. I Have Nothing - Whitney Houston watch video
03. I'm Every Woman - Whitney Houston official video
04. Run To You - Whitney Houston film version of song
05. Queen Of The Night - Whitney Houston film version of song
06. Jesus Loves Me - Whitney Houston listen here
07. Even If My Heart Would Break - Aaron Neville listen here
08. Someday (I'm Coming Back) - Lisa Stansfield
09. It's Gonna Be A Lovely Day - S.O.U.L. S.Y.S.T.E.M listen here
10. What's So Funny 'Bout (Peace, Love & Understanding) - Curtis Stigers
11. Theme from Bodyguard
12. Trust in Me - Joe Cocker listen here
13. Track 13

Websites:

Whitney's Campaign Forum Thread:

Please Follow this link below to try and get Whitney her own forum on here:
http://www.fanforum.com/f50/whitney-...ever-63045558/

Future Titles:

The Feeling Of Love Was Mutual, But Not Always Vocal
He Waited For Her
They Were A World Class Couple
Their Love Wasn't Meant To Be, But They Still Held Onto It All Those Years
They Were In Love, But It Wasn't Meant To Be
Not Meant To Be, But Still Soulmates
He Gets So Emotional Every Time He Thinks of Her
They Had The Greatest Love Story Never Told
He Knew He Loved Her Before He Met Her
An Endless Love
Their Love Will Never Die
They were soulmates Before The Bodyguard
He Loved Her No Matter What
They Were MFEO & MTBT
She Was The Love Of His Life
They Had A Secret Love And Eternal Bond
Whitney Is The Only One Who Gets The LOVE And Twice
They Acted Like Husband & Wife Even Though They Weren't
They Missed Their Destiny

Previous Threads:

Their Characters Thread:

Kevney Fanfiction Conversations by Gobsmacked82

He Spit On You?! X
Time to Declare X
About Jermaine X
The Red Dress X
All Afternoon X
Two Kisses X
What Kind of Angel? X
I Love You In The Morning X
Smackdown X
His Princess X
How Is He Going To Do Her? X
Take the Day Off X
Did You Get My Letters X
Oprah interviews Kevin Costner X
You Trashed My Kitchen Part I | Part II | Part III (END)
Five-Hour Window X
The After Party X
The RSVP X
Shot Calling X
The Commandments Part 1 | Part 2 - Finale
From Brunei to Thailand X

Bodyguard, 1992 FanFiction Archive - FanFiction.Net

Kevin + Whitney + LOVE Tweets from Feb 18-22 screen-captured by Shiroja

screencaps 1 | screencaps 2 | screencaps 3 | screencaps 4

Kevin's Eulogy To His One True Love, Whitney

Watch eulogy here
Read full transcript of Kevin's eulogy here

~~~~~~~

A Glimpse Into Two Worlds: Kevney
written by SaffaGirl

God gave Whitney a glimpse of what her life would be like had she married someone with Kevin's character. He gave her a glimpse of what it would be like to be loved unconditionally, a glimpse of what it is like to be respected by a man, a glimpse of what it is like to be treated like a lady, a glimpse of what it is like to be given compliments, a glimpse of what it is like to be accepted for who you are. I firmly believe that Kevin had discernment when he saw the script of the Bodyguard, and he knew in his heart of hearts that Whitney should be his leading lady, but at the same time he could not understand why. He could have sat on his own, questioning God as to why he had the strong urge to have her act alongside of him - he went against all odds to have her, even decided to wait ONE WHOLE YEAR for her to complete her tour. The glimpse she saw about Kevin she might have never experienced it before with any other man that she might have been in a relationship with, and maybe just maybe she did not know how to embrace such love and respect; recalling she was already in a relationship with the other person. She had a glimpse of what it is like to be transparent with Kevin and to see his transparency as well, a glimpse of showing her vulnerable side yet being told "it is okay".

Kevin was already in a marriage when he strongly wanted her to act with him, she had already entered and seen the glimpse of the world she was about to enter. Two years later he divorces, a year after the Bodyguard she gives birth to a little girl (stand corrected with her daughter's birth year) - was this the world she had to share with Kevin maybe, who knows - did he ever share with her that he wanted her in his world, I cannot say - yet to this day he has hidden her in the corner of his heart where in his quiet moments he can reflect on much.

On the flip side of the same coin, she has a glimpse of how a man can disrespect her (the other person), a glimpse of verbal abuse, a glimpse of emotional abuse, a glimpse of being put through every psychological abuse that any human could have experienced. A glimpse of never been told she is beautiful, a glimpse of never been told she is talented etc. she gave love but did not receive love, she gave respect but did not receive respect, she showed her transparent side but did not receive the same, she showed her vulnerability but was never protected from harm. I believe this person only stepped into her life to be a destructive force, to rob her of her God given talent, rob her of her wealth, her looks, her character and all that needed to be stripped from her life, and once the deed was done walk away and leave her to the wolves to complete that which was started.

One coin, yet a glimpse into two different worlds - one man sent to bless her (Kevin), the other enters to be a curse (the other person).

~~~~~

MS. WHITNEY ELIZABETH HOUSTON'S CHANGE OF ADDRESS

Please be advised that I have moved, I received a call from God, the Chief Architect the other day, and He informed me that my new home was complete.

You all knew that I had been working on my new residence, sending up my timber, packing up and getting ready to go. I know that my house needed some finishing touches and that the Chief Carpenter, Jesus Christ had to inspect it and give me the final approval. On Saturday, February 11, 2012 around 3:55pm He let me know that my home was complete and that it was ok to move in. So He told me to go ahead and change my address.

Well, my new home is finished and what a sight it is to behold. It is located on an exclusive estate area behind a beautiful pearly gate. It is just over the other side of serene celestial shore. Of course, you know the streets are paved with gold and every day is Sunday, just like you've been told. Trees with twelve manners of fruit grace my garden here, and I can walk and talk with my Master with not a worry or care.

I lived in a home built by man, for only a short time, but my new home is so much better than any other place I've ever lived. There is peace here, joy, happiness, no pain, no heartaches, no strife or discontentment, only sweet serenity. I can dine at the Master's bountiful table and listen to a Heavenly choir and best of all, my Heavenly Father is here...in all His Glory.

Oh yes, I have my own designer here who has fitted me with my very own white robe and wings. I could go on and on about my new home, but instead, I'm going to pray that you get to move here yourself one day. Before I go, let me give you my new address:

Whitney Elizabeth Houston.

1963 Heavenly Way.

Godstown, Heaven

~~~~~

~ A Mother's Letter To Her Baby ~

Dearest Whitney:

The presence of God blessed our home with life, love, joy and peace. You and your brothers were the center of divine love attracting God’s richest blessings. You were a child of God. We had so much love in our home that was truly from on high.

You always gave without expecting anything in return and our love was the force that multiplied these blessings higher and higher. I never told you that when you were born the Holy Spirit told me that you would not be with me long and I thank God for the beautiful flower he allowed me to raise and cherish for 48 years.

God said it’s time Nippy; your work is done. The other day on February 11th He came for you. But not without warning. For two months now I have been depressed, crying, lonesome and sad not knowing why.

On Saturday, before I found out about your transition, my doorbell rang. I went to answer it but there was no one there. It rang again and again, no one was there so I called the concierge to tell him someone was ringing my doorbell. He checked the cameras and told me that no one was there. You promised me you were coming to spend time with me after the Grammys. I believe the spirits allowed you to come after all.

How I love you Nippy and how I miss you, your beautiful smile, your special little things you used to say to me and sometimes you’d call just to say “hi Mommie, I love you so much,” I loved you so much more.

I love you,

I’ll miss you,

Thank you for being such a wonderful daughter.

Rest my baby girl in Peace, you’re now in the arms of Jesus.

Love, Mommie
(Cissy Houston)

A Daughter's Words

Mommie,

Having the refreshing presence of God,
Is such a great gift.
And to be refreshed and watered,
To grow as a lily,
Is love in action.
You are a true beauty

Love,
Krissy

A Big thanks to Shiroja for the huge help she gave me by redoing this OP page for us.

Last edited by 80s90sIsTheBest; 05-07-2012 at 07:05 AM
Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
Okay...really and I also find that hard to believe I mean come on seriously....I just can't believe that, I'm sorry,

And it's time for a new thread now so no more posting ladies, wait until I post the new thread.
Yeah, I'm with you on that. It's not that I don't WANT to believe it or that I'm in denial. I can't believe it if I wanted to because its either this man is saying one thing and his actions are saying the complete opposite; vice versa. I clearly remember him saying in an interview that he had a relationship with her after the movie and that they talked to one another, so IDK what to think anymore really. He could very well be telling the truth but it still would not add up if that was indeed the case. Cissy had too many options to choose from when it came to who would speak at her daughters home going, so it doesn't make sense that she would just jump to ask Kevin if he and Whitney didn't have some sort of relationship after the film; it just doesn't add up to me but he seems so believable when he says he was surprised he was chosen to speak. If I'm not mistaken that is not the first time he has made that statement. I also saw the video someone posted when the reporter asked Whitney a few days before her death about KC and Ray J meeting up? & I too was like WTH? I know sometimes reporters are just looking to stur up gossip but WHY out of ALL names to mention would they ask about KC. That made absolutely no sense to me at all...I want to believe he wouldnt lie about that but some things just don't add up...IDK..Then he's constantly shifting from side to side & shaking his leg in this interview while speaking, which in my opinion implies he's nervous...

**Thanks for the new thread also**
Old 04-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirlA (View Post)
Yeah, I'm with you on that. It's not that I don't WANT to believe it or that I'm in denial. I can't believe it if I wanted to because its either this man is saying one thing and his actions are saying the complete opposite; vice versa. I clearly remember him saying in an interview that he had a relationship with her after the movie and that they talked to one another, so IDK what to think anymore really. He could very well be telling the truth but it still would not add up if that was indeed the case. Cissy had too many options to choose from when it came to who would speak at her daughters home going, so it doesn't make sense that she would just jump to ask Kevin if he and Whitney didn't have some sort of relationship after the film; it just doesn't add up to me but he seems so believable when he says he was surprised he was chosen to speak. If I'm not mistaken that is not the first time he has made that statement. I also saw the video someone posted when the reporter asked Whitney a few days before her death about KC and Ray J meeting up? & I too was like WTH? I know sometimes reporters are just looking to stur up gossip but WHY out of ALL names to mention would they ask about KC. That made absolutely no sense to me at all...I want to believe he wouldnt lie about that but some things just don't add up...IDK..Then he's constantly shifting from side to side & shaking his leg in this interview while speaking, which in my opinion implies he's nervous...

I agree with you it makes no sense at all for him to say something. I think he's just saying that they didn't have a relationship because he doesn't want to start anything because look at what happened with the speech it's so obvious he wants to deflect the suspicion off himself and still even if he didn't it still wouldn't make any sense. And your welcome I'm running into trouble with it at the moment, hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

It Looks Great!

Thanks for the new thread, Erica. Wow, you've put a lot of work into making it look neat.
I think KC is going to plotz, tho', seeing how the 'relationship' that never was has been so meticulously documented! LOL. (just kidding. it's late) The thread looks great.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82 (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread, Erica. Wow, you've put a lot of work into making it look neat. The thread looks great.
Well I'm trying to fix the thread actually at the moment because some of the links as you can see aren't working so I'm trying to figure out why. I hope it'll be fixed though.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I agree with you it makes no sense at all for him to say something. I think he's just saying that they didn't have a relationship because he doesn't want to start anything because look at what happened with the speech it's so obvious he wants to deflect the suspicion off himself and still even if he didn't it still wouldn't make any sense. And your welcome I'm running into trouble with it at the moment, hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
Oh okay, I didn't notice. I 100% agree with you, I too feel like he's obviously trying to deflect attention off of the rumors regarding him and Whitney. I can see that he's very stressed and quite confused on how to respond to certain questions he's asked. He didn't even give that woman a chance to finish asking her question; he just seemed very tensed. That tour honestly couldn't have come at a worst time for him in IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82 (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread, Erica. Wow, you've put a lot of work into making it look neat.
I think KC is going to plotz, tho', seeing how the 'relationship' that never was has been so meticulously documented! LOL. (just kidding. it's late) The thread looks great.
Yeah I agree, It looks really good. You're doing a great job Erica. & Gobsmacked even though I've been MIA I did make sure to read those convo's!!! LOL Loved them all
Old 04-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh okay, I didn't notice. I 100% agree with you, I too feel like he's obviously trying to deflect attention off of the rumors regarding him and Whitney. I can see that he's very stressed and quite confused on how to respond to certain questions he's asked. He didn't even give that woman a chance to finish asking her question; he just seemed very tensed. That tour honestly couldn't have come at a worst time for him in IMO.
Yeah he should just take time away from it all and be by himself where he can sort out his feelings and grief properly because it's just all too much and it's only been 2 months I mean geez give the man a break already people, enough! I really don't believe him at all with that I didn't have a relationship statement I really don't. He can say that all he wants, but I won't and don't believe it for one hot second.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yeah he should just take time away from it all and be by himself where he can sort out his feelings and grief properly because it's just all too much and it's only been 2 months I mean geez give the man a break already people, enough! I really don't believe him at all with that I didn't have a relationship statement I really don't. He can say that all he wants, but I won't and don't believe it for one hot second.
EXACTLY. Took the words out of my mouth, it's just way too early in the grieving stage to be speaking about it. His thoughts are too scattered....
Old 04-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Kevin is just very stressed out right now

Quote:

Thanks for the new thread!!!

My take on Kevin saying he did not have a relationship with Whitney after The Bodyguard in the ET Canada interview from April 16, is either him:
1) trying to stay out of trouble with his wife
2) or saying the truth (but it is hard to think it is the truth as they still met sometimes at events and he wrote her letters so I guess what he means is that they were not in a relationship together as "dating" which we all know; but still that does not mean that he stopped loving her as he kept "singing" his love for her over the years on camera and in print)
3) or he is just in denial about how much of his feelings for her he let known to the world through his eulogy and now everyone wants an interview to ask about the eulogy.

Also, this interview was done in Toronto April16 at the same time he gave the interview to the Gloria lady where he said him and Whitney are "absolutely linked" and how he protected her and also it contradicts the more recent interview with Nancy Odell (I believe done yesterday) where he says IWALY is the score of his and Whitney's lives and how she could have been saved and he looks very very sad talking about the funeral. I don;t see Dionne asking him to speak if she did not know they stayed in touch. I think what he means is that they did not have a sexual relationship but he still loved her though and it does not preclude that that something romantic happened between them on set during the shoot.

So, I think we should not read too much into Kevin's words right now as he is still grieving and is very stressed out. He just needs to stop giving interviews because every single one will have a question about the eulogy and Whitney. See how he feels guilty for not going to Cissy to hug her after he finished the eulogy? We just need to tell him "Kevin, you did more than hug Cissy, you allowed her baby to go home with so much love and positive thoughts from the one person she probably loved very much, you Kevin and it is not by mistake that they playes IWALY as her casket left as she was talking to mostly one person oon elast time, You Kevin and Cissy knows it. So in Cissy's eyes you did great by her baby."

Kevin sometimes is too hard on himself as he tries to do well by the people he loves. He may be better off being home with his wife and kids instead of on the road on his own where he has more time to play in his head all the scenarios of what he could have done to save Whitney. But maybe being home will make it worse. He needs to talk to a shrink or something as it does not seem like being on the road is helping him cope any better. He should maybe start a journal, write down his frustrations and anger and whatever he is feeling re: to Whitney's death as some form of therapy. He needs to play music if that helps him cope with his loss but he seriously needs to stop talking to the press.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
EXACTLY. Took the words out of my mouth, it's just way too early in the grieving stage to be speaking about it. His thoughts are too scattered....
Yeah exactly the man can't even form a complete coherent sentence! He's just saying anything right now. If I were him I'd just go somewhere and let out a good scream or cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney&kevinforever (View Post)
So, I think we should not read too much into Kevin's words right now as he is still grieving and is very stressed out. He just needs to stop giving interviews because every single one will have a question about the eulogy and Whitney.
This is exactly what I keep on saying right now.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yeah exactly the man can't even form a complete coherent sentence! He's just saying anything right now. If I were him I'd just go somewhere and let out a good scream or cry.
LOL Yeah I agree, he needs to do something that will alleviate his stress poor thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney&kevinforever (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread!!!

My take on Kevin saying he did not have a relationship with Whitney after The Bodyguard in the ET Canada interview from April 16, is either him:
1) trying to stay out of trouble with his wife
2) or saying the truth (but it is hard to think it is the truth as they still met sometimes at events and he wrote her letters so I guess what he means is that they were not in a relationship together as "dating" which we all know; but still that does not mean that he stopped loving her as he kept "singing" his love for her over the years on camera and in print)
3) or he is just in denial about how much of his feelings for her he let known to the world through his eulogy and now everyone wants an interview to ask about the eulogy.

Also, this interview was done in Toronto April16 at the same time he gave the interview to the Gloria lady where he said him and Whitney are "absolutely linked" and how he protected her and also it contradicts the more recent interview with Nancy Odell (I believe done yesterday) where he says IWALY is the score of his and Whitney's lives and how she could have been saved and he looks very very sad talking about the funeral. I don;t see Dionne asking him to speak if she did not know they stayed in touch. I think what he means is that they did not have a sexual relationship but he still loved her though and it does not preclude that that something romantic happened between them on set during the shoot.

So, I think we should not read too much into Kevin's words right now as he is still grieving and is very stressed out. He just needs to stop giving interviews because every single one will have a question about the eulogy and Whitney. See how he feels guilty for not going to Cissy to hug her after he finished the eulogy? We just need to tell him "Kevin, you did more than hug Cissy, you allowed her baby to go home with so much love and positive thoughts from the one person she probably loved very much, you Kevin and it is not by mistake that they playes IWALY as her casket left as she was talking to mostly one person oon elast time, You Kevin and Cissy knows it. So in Cissy's eyes you did great by her baby."

Kevin sometimes is too hard on himself as he tries to do well by the people he loves. He may be better off being home with his wife and kids instead of on the road on his own where he has more time to play in his head all the scenarios of what he could have done to save Whitney. But maybe being home will make it worse. He needs to talk to a shrink or something as it does not seem like being on the road is helping him cope any better. He should maybe start a journal, write down his frustrations and anger and whatever he is feeling re: to Whitney's death as some form of therapy. He needs to play music if that helps him cope with his loss but he seriously needs to stop talking to the press.
I agree, he really should not be talking to the press. Its still so new and he's still obviously grieving and can't even get his thoughts together. If I were him, I would just say I'm not ready to speak about that at the moment. One thing I notice is that he stutters a great deal when he speaks about Whitney which he normally does not do in interviews. Even before her death really, it just seems have gotten much worst after her passing.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:51 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Well I'm trying to fix the thread actually at the moment because some of the links as you can see aren't working so I'm trying to figure out why. I hope it'll be fixed though.
Erica, check your PM. I fixed those links (actually, they are fine on my screen. Don't know how come your links don't show). Just post the whole thing up - don't fix anything. And there's a limit of 35 images allowed per post. That's why I had to take down a few.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Here is a very interesting video interview she did . I think she was trying to tell usw something especially at music.

Whitney Houston: "Nothing But Love" World Tour 2010 Interview - YouTube
Old 04-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

IWALY is "the score to our life together" says Kevin re: Whitney

Quote:
LOL Yeah I agree, he needs to do something that will alleviate his stress poor thing...

I agree, he really should not be talking to the press. Its still so new and he's still obviously grieving and can't even get his thoughts together. If I were him, I would just say I'm not ready to speak about that at the moment. One thing I notice is that he stutters a great deal when he speaks about Whitney which he normally does not do in interviews. Even before her death really, it just seems have gotten much worst after her passing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin Costner Reflects on Whitney's Funeral | ETonline.com

Yep, He should just stop talking to the press about this but it is also good for us fans that he does because he comes out with gems like this last one every time and makes our hearts go AAAWWW!!!

"Costner reveals the most poignant moment of Houston's service was when her iconic song I Will Always Love You was played."That was big. It was like a.. kind of a score to our life together a little bit," he said. He added that the moment felt "perfect," and that family members were clearly moved. "People were suffering, the people closest to her were truly, truly suffering, and that song kind of... it did kind of bring everything back together but it was an absolute goodbye."

Ladies, after another "mindboggling quote" like that one, I say the next thread needs to be called "Kevin says IWALY is the score to their life together (him and Whitney)"

The more the dude talks, the more he reveals what he probably does not want us to know. One day he is just going to blurt "it" out and there will be no erasing that tape. He needs to shut up and go grieve in peace. If I understand what he is trying to say then he is saying that like the song, he and Whitney fell in love with each other, wanted to live together but realized they would only be in each other's way?? INTERESTING!!! but then we already knew that, right?? because that's what transpired worldwide from his eulogy.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

We know they had relationship, love, friendship and business ship. He needs to stop now. Kevin is not thinking right and he is stressed. This is not good. We know he did he can turn these people down.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top