Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevneyIs4ever (View Post)
Yes that's what I want too and it's what I was saying in my post.. I'm glad someone else with me on that subject. IF he wants to spill on his own then that's fine, but otherwise keep it private because how it was before and nothing not even her death should change that. He doesn't owe us anything or anyone else that's his business, his & Whitney's and he's said enough already for us go on and it should stop right there end of story.
Hey KevneyIs4ever and Kevney1992-forever, I think that you two might have misunderstood what I meant. I'm agreement with both of you. I would never want to force Kevin to reveal any intricate or personal details about what went on between him and Whitney. What I meant was it seems to me that he is on track to inadvertently give away enough information (through body language, through his songs, through 'innocent' statements in interviews) that we would have no choice but to believe that a Kevney did in fact exist! In other words, we'd have proof that Kevney lives on! That's what I meant.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyale06 (View Post)
Hey KevneyIs4ever and Kevney1992-forever, I think that you two might have misunderstood what I meant. I'm agreement with both of you. I would never want to force Kevin to reveal any intricate or personal details about what went on between him and Whitney. What I meant was it seems to me that he is on track to inadvertently give away enough information (through body language, through his songs, through 'innocent' statements in interviews) that we would have no choice but to believe that a Kevney did in fact exist! In other words, we'd have proof that Kevney lives on! That's what I meant.
Oh okay! whew that's a relief now I get it thank you for clearing that up for us...I'm happy that's now cleared up. That's what I get for not really reading things through. I still would believe that they were together even if he didn't say anything like he has and there were only articles/pics/videos.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:26 PM
New Fan

I don't know if you have watched this video, but I came across it today on YouTube. It is very well done. Search The Bodyguard Hero and the video will appear.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think what we see in Kevney is seen worldwide by at least some people. A UK paper that reported on Cissy's book and her disapproval drew a lot of comments. For the most part the posters weren't that knowledgeable but among the comments was this:

"Yeah-I wonder how her life would have been- had she married Kevin Costner- years later.'
Old 02-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Hortensia, thanks for the update. Unfortunately my high school French courses couldn't get me past the first few words in that article you posted, but luckily there's always Google Translator. Here's the third paragraph from the news article above that I've translated (with Google's help) which really stands out for me:

"Actor famous throughout the world for [his] roles in Dances with Wolves, The Bodyguard, Robin Hood, JFK or The Untouchables Kevin Costner also pursuing a singing career. With his band Modern West, it runs across the U.S. in recent years. 'In film, I play [what] I'm asked to embody., But the real me is expressed on stage when I play and sing in public, says the star. This is where you will see more clearly who I am.'"

So what Kevin seems to be saying is that his true self comes through when he performs--when he sings. So to me that sounds like an affirmation of what we here on Kevney have been saying all along. Those early songs he sang were for Whitney, and they told the real story of his and Whitney's relationship. Hint, hint: "Moon so High," "Find That Girl," "Let Me Be the One," "Palisades." Maybe a few others too.

See, I told y'all--we've been right all along! Kevin's gonna spill all of the tea someday, and we'll all be the better for it.
Great observation, Danyle06. It is fun and a little reassuring to collect little "clues" and insights into their friendship. Even if Kevin never spills the beans about the full extent about his relationship with Whitney, and even if he does and it amounts to far less than we imagined, at least we know they shared a passion for music and performing on stage.

You know, I always thought it was weird when he said that they don't talk about music and she never inspired any of his music. The woman was a muse who had the best songwriters in the business working on her albums, even the ones that were the weaker performers in terms of sales. But I guess we have to (reluctantly) take his word for it!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:32 PM
New Fan

I remember reading somewhere that when Whitney lost her baby during the TBG filming, that her mother said that she shouldn't be too sad. If the baby would have been born, how would she explained the baby? I never understood this, maybe Cissy meant that the baby would come out looking too light? And how would Whitney explain a white baby?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julyaura (View Post)
I remember reading somewhere that when Whitney lost her baby during the TBG filming, that her mother said that she shouldn't be too sad. If the baby would have been born, how would she explained the baby? I never understood this, maybe Cissy meant that the baby would come out looking too light? And how would Whitney explain a white baby?
OMG! That is terrible to say to someone after they've lost their baby! ugh...I hope that's NOT what she meant by that. I'd never understand that either.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:28 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevneyIs4ever (View Post)
OMG! That is terrible to say to someone after they've lost their baby! ugh...I hope that's NOT what she meant by that. I'd never understand that either.
All I know is that baby was Kevin's because why would he take her to the hospital and why woukd he stay over night with her if there wasn't anything going on between them or that wasn't his baby? I also heard that she told bobby not to come to the hospital and that she was okay.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevney1992-forever (View Post)
All I know is that baby was Kevin's because why would he take her to the hospital and why woukd he stay over night with her if there wasn't anything going on between them or that wasn't his baby? I also heard that she told bobby not to come to the hospital and that she was okay.
Yeah I know all that & it's all from an article that's on here somewhere I believe I just just don't know where it is at the moment.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevney1992-forever (View Post)
I remember one of the posters from last year who was only here a short time said that there had been some sort of breakup with tears rumored to have occurred on the BG set. I just kind of hit me that if Whitney was carrying KC's baby, they may have been planning some sort of life together. Then, the miscarriage. That would remove the obvious motivation to becoming a family and perhaps then they decided to not go through all the public and private hurdles to being together. Just a thought of how that all may have gone down.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by azgirl (View Post)
I remember one of the posters from last year who was only here a short time said that there had been some sort of breakup with tears rumored to have occurred on the BG set. I just kind of hit me that if Whitney was carrying KC's baby, they may have been planning some sort of life together. Then, the miscarriage. That would remove the obvious motivation to becoming a family and perhaps then they decided to not go through all the public and private hurdles to being together. Just a thought of how that all may have gone down.
Well they did have a lot of things stacked against them & I can believe that about the family statement, but I don't know about the second statement, but then again because of supposed emotional breakup they had that is a possible explanation I guess.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSmacked82 (View Post)
Great observation, Danyle06. It is fun and a little reassuring to collect little "clues" and insights into their friendship. Even if Kevin never spills the beans about the full extent about his relationship with Whitney, and even if he does and it amounts to far less than we imagined, at least we know they shared a passion for music and performing on stage.

You know, I always thought it was weird when he said that they don't talk about music and she never inspired any of his music. The woman was a muse who had the best songwriters in the business working on her albums, even the ones that were the weaker performers in terms of sales. But I guess we have to (reluctantly) take his word for it!
I agree, GS. But no way were those two just friends who only "shared a passion for music and performing on stage." I think we have more than enough evidence ALREADY to prove that they were more than just that. And, you know, the thing is that when Kevin talks about Whitney even to this day, he often uses doublespeak or he contradicts his words with his body language. So either way, he isn't being totally honest with us--and of course, he doesn't have to tell us everything or anything for that matter. I can respect him for that! And I can love him for wanting to still 'protect' his Whitney by not revealing all that their relationship entailed and for still wanting to remain her "pretend bodyguard" through eternity, even though she's gone from this earth that we know. That, my friends, is true love!

However, one thing I do know that is a flat out lie on Kevin's part is when he says or implies that he and Whitney never talked about music or she never inspired his music. Of course, they talked about music together, as both of them have admitted to doing so on numerous occasions--going all the way back to when he first picked "IWALY" as the theme song for TBG. They've both expressed publicly how each had a say-so in the selection of that song and how she would sing it a capella. Also, in order for Whitney to write the lyrics to "Queen of the Night” for the movie, they both must have 'talked about’ how to compose the lyrics of that song and what kind of feelings needed to be conveyed through the words and the music. And when Kevin and Whitney shared their childhood experiences about church, they both must have ‘talked about’ music at some point. Remember Kevin saying that the atmosphere in New Hope Baptist Church felt “electric” at the funeral? "That feels right" was the way he put it so endearingly in his own words when he first got up to speak that day. He and Whitney must have ‘talked about’ at some point what “good gospel music” feels like - - whether it comes from the souls of black folks or the hearts of whites singing in the Baptist church choir. And of course, we've all seen where Whitney has admitted that both she and Kevin made the mutual agreement that she would "help him with his music" if he helped her with her acting. That means that they both MUST HAVE ‘talked about’ music in order for her to help him. BTW, how was she "helping him" with his music at that point? Was he writing music in 1991/1992? Did he perform with his band at that time? Was she his only audience; his private audience? Perhaps Whitney meant that she would somehow help Kevin with his music down the road, after TBG?

And about Whitney not being an inspiration for his music? Puleeze, Kevin! Kevin has already admitted that quite a few of his songs were "lost" lyrics that were written many years ago—undiscovered until his second wife found them in a closet or somewhere and suggested he put them to music. Given that tidbit of information, what woman does Kevin think we might conclude he was talking about when he wrote many of those song lyrics so long ago? If they were written in the years after his divorce and before his remarriage, to whom was he writing? And as his songs seem to suggest--Why was it so hard for him to get with the one woman he really wanted and loved if he were then a free man? Moreover, why write so many songs that described a woman that fit Whitney’s description to a tee: “Yeah I remember your little girl smile…” “ I wanna pull you from the fire…” “Be the keeper of all your secrets that no one else should know…” Again I say, “Puleeze, Kevin!"

And if Kevin is now trying to say that the “real” Kevin Costner is the man we see on the stage—singing and performing—and not the actor we see on the screen, then what are we to conclude about those songs he wrote and sang from so long ago?

Come on, Kevin! There’s only one woman you could have been writing about in those early days—only one “real” woman for only one “real” man. The apple of your eye--Whitney Houston!

Okay, my rant is over. Good night.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree, GS. But no way were those two just friends who only "shared a passion for music and performing on stage." I think we have more than enough evidence ALREADY to prove that they were more than just that. And, you know, the thing is that when Kevin talks about Whitney even to this day, he often uses doublespeak or he contradicts his words with his body language. So either way, he isn't being totally honest with us--and of course, he doesn't have to tell us everything or anything for that matter. I can respect him for that! And I can love him for wanting to still 'protect' his Whitney by not revealing all that their relationship entailed and for still wanting to remain her "pretend bodyguard" through eternity, even though she's gone from this earth that we know. That, my friends, is true love!

However, one thing I do know that is a flat out lie on Kevin's part is when he says or implies that he and Whitney never talked about music or she never inspired his music. Of course, they talked about music together, as both of them have admitted to doing so on numerous occasions--going all the way back to when he first picked "IWALY" as the theme song for TBG. They've both expressed publicly how each had a say-so in the selection of that song and how she would sing it a capella. Also, in order for Whitney to write the lyrics to "Queen of the Night” for the movie, they both must have 'talked about’ how to compose the lyrics of that song and what kind of feelings needed to be conveyed through the words and the music. And when Kevin and Whitney shared their childhood experiences about church, they both must have ‘talked about’ music at some point. Remember Kevin saying that the atmosphere in New Hope Baptist Church felt “electric” at the funeral? "That feels right" was the way he put it so endearingly in his own words when he first got up to speak that day. He and Whitney must have ‘talked about’ at some point what “good gospel music” feels like - - whether it comes from the souls of black folks or the hearts of whites singing in the Baptist church choir. And of course, we've all seen where Whitney has admitted that both she and Kevin made the mutual agreement that she would "help him with his music" if he helped her with her acting. That means that they both MUST HAVE ‘talked about’ music in order for her to help him. BTW, how was she "helping him" with his music at that point? Was he writing music in 1991/1992? Did he perform with his band at that time? Was she his only audience; his private audience? Perhaps Whitney meant that she would somehow help Kevin with his music down the road, after TBG?

And about Whitney not being an inspiration for his music? Puleeze, Kevin! Kevin has already admitted that quite a few of his songs were "lost" lyrics that were written many years ago—undiscovered until his second wife found them in a closet or somewhere and suggested he put them to music. Given that tidbit of information, what woman does Kevin think we might conclude he was talking about when he wrote many of those song lyrics so long ago? If they were written in the years after his divorce and before his remarriage, to whom was he writing? And as his songs seem to suggest--Why was it so hard for him to get with the one woman he really wanted and loved if he were then a free man? Moreover, why write so many songs that described a woman that fit Whitney’s description to a tee: “Yeah I remember your little girl smile…” “ I wanna pull you from the fire…” “Be the keeper of all your secrets that no one else should know…” Again I say, “Puleeze, Kevin!"

And if Kevin is now trying to say that the “real” Kevin Costner is the man we see on the stage—singing and performing—and not the actor we see on the screen, then what are we to conclude about those songs he wrote and sang from so long ago?

Come on, Kevin! There’s only one woman you could have been writing about in those early days—only one “real” woman for only one “real” man. The apple of your eye--Whitney Houston!

Sums it up so well...100% agree with you!!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Hortensia, thanks for the update. Unfortunately my high school French courses couldn't get me past the first few words in that article you posted, but luckily there's always Google Translator. Here's the third paragraph from the news article above that I've translated (with Google's help) which really stands out for me:

"Actor famous throughout the world for [his] roles in Dances with Wolves, The Bodyguard, Robin Hood, JFK or The Untouchables Kevin Costner also pursuing a singing career. With his band Modern West, it runs across the U.S. in recent years. 'In film, I play [what] I'm asked to embody., But the real me is expressed on stage when I play and sing in public, says the star. This is where you will see more clearly who I am.'"

So what Kevin seems to be saying is that his true self comes through when he performs--when he sings. So to me that sounds like an affirmation of what we here on Kevney have been saying all along. Those early songs he sang were for Whitney, and they told the real story of his and Whitney's relationship. Hint, hint: "Moon so High," "Find That Girl," "Let Me Be the One," "Palisades." Maybe a few others too.

See, I told y'all--we've been right all along! Kevin's gonna spill all of the tea someday, and we'll all be the better for it.
yes i understand. when I read this article in French, kev's comment about his songs have caught my attention, in fact it goes back to what I thought of his songs about kevney (lol)
Old 02-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

Hey Danyale06,
Excellent points all around, and I agree w/ you. When I said Kevin's comments about not discussing music w/Whitney and not being inspired by her were 'weird,' I was putting it mildly.

On discussing the music, I was talking about a morning TV interview in Vancouver that he gave post 'Bodyguard.' He said that whenever they 'bumped into each other' in those current times (his Freudian slips never get old ) they don't discuss music. I see a little bit of truth to that. I mean if, in Kevin's words, a man, "with a man's brain," has his beautiful girlish muse right in front of him, and time is precious before she slips away, is he necessarily thinking about chord progressions? I could think of a hundred "after dark" musical puns for not talking about music, but I'll keep it clean and say he left the songwriting to moments when he was not around her and made much more red-blooded use of their time.

Thesr reporters are slick, b/c if those two didn't talk about music, then what else was discussed, huh?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread