Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2017, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think I may have watched up until ep 4? I don't usually watch shows live, but in general, I really thought they were just pulling what they did with Iris in Flash S2 to extend angst (meaning, Mon El = Patty).

But Supergirl went down one path and never came back, marginalizing James and also hurting Kara's characterization. When I saw the Westallen comparison to Karamel in the musical episode, I knew they had fcked it all up pretty permanently.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
I didn't make it past S2E1. I watched the "break up" scene and never turned back because it was the most OOC thing I had ever seen and I've seen a lot of OOC stuff.

I don't see myself watch S3. Andrew Kreisberg is the main showrunner and he's a mess. He was responsible for The Flash 2A with all the Iris sidelining.

His interview post Karolsen break up how they were "better as friends" was such crap.

It's not even just James being sidelined or Karolsen being nuked. It's the weak storylines, Kara and it's Mon El more than anything. I just can't.
I think I am more angry about James being sidelined cause black male leads that are written like him are so rare. Then they nuked it for some cookie cutter brooding cw white boy.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

James being sidelined is probably what pisses me off most too
Old 07-11-2017, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

He has 0.2 seconds of screen time, that's not even an exaggeration. Stans have been tallying the screen time of characters to show how much Mon El is taking over the show. Some episodes James wasn't even there.

What feels like more of a punch to the gut is he was sidelined not just for your garden variety CW white boy but a ex slave owner who jokes about objectifying women and is so disrespectful to Kara and everyone. That's who is worth more screen time than James?

Chris Wood is most likely returning. So there is no reason for me to watch to S3. It would be a repeat of S2.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

If he's returning I'm not catching up lol. I hope this show then continues to tank in ratings and they just bring Supergirl to the DCEU movies.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I figured it was a given he is returning, and as long as he is there I refuse to watch out of principal, tbh (although I must note it is not the actor's fault, it's the character). The way James has been treated this season is appalling, and the fact that they literally replaced a POC with a slave owner is a brand new level of disgusting.

I miss when James was treated well and Kara wasn't sidelined on her own show.

Sad because I got a 9yo watching this show back in season 1 because of how positive and progressive it was, and I had to stop her watching in early season 2 because I don't want her thinking that racism and sexism is acceptable. I hated making that decision because I felt that other aspects, namely Maggie/Alex, were very good for her to see.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

How was it revealed that Mon el was a slave owner btw? I really didn't watch any ep of S2 other than the musical ep
Old 07-11-2017, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

Seriously? This is just as bad as the Kara/James thread on the SG board.

Shouldn't there be vids or gifs, or actual discussion of the ship, instead of character bashing?

Does nobody want to use their time posting here for actual Kara/James appreciation?

Last edited by scififan2009; 07-11-2017 at 10:43 PM
scififan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Seriously? This is just as bad as the Kara/James thread on the SG board.

Shouldn't there be vids or gifs, or actual discussion of the ship, instead of character bashing?

Does nobody want to use their time posting here productively?

Do you ship Kara/James?
I think the reason why the fans are so upset is because they feel season 1 & 2 are entirely different seasons.

I don't ship Kara with ANYONE so I see it from a non bias perspective and Supergirl season 2 is so difficult to watch because they REWROTE way too much.

The way Kara and James broke up was STUPID! Kara said she had to find herself, who she is without someone else and a few episodes later she quickly fell for Mon-El and was ready to start a relationship with him.

See it this way, here is a ship you and I both ship (Captain Swan.) Imagine after all that build up, Hook just quickly moved on to some other girl and totally forgot his feelings for Emma?

That's how James/Kara fans feel and I feel they are entitled to feel that way.
As long as it doesn't go OVER the edge to actor bashing, it's okay for fans to vent their frustration with the network or the bad writing for their ship. The Kara/James relationship changed when they switched networks. And they pretended season 1 never happened.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Edited cause the negative energy is so not worth it.

Last edited by ds44; 07-11-2017 at 11:19 PM
ds44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Edited cause the negative energy is so not worth it.
And you have a right to be frustrated. And if a person like me who didn't ship them as hardcore as you is UPSET, than I can't imagine how terrible James/Kara fans feel. I also quit the series mid season 2 because it was all TOO much for me and the show was becoming so unrecognizable.

I returned for the season finale because of Superman return but I regretted watching it because I disliked everything about the episode.....

ANd here's when things were written IN CHARACTER.

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I am just gonna pretend it was lovely one season show like my so called life.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:28 AM
Master Fan

scififan2009: Why are you now stalking posters across boards over Mon El? That's disturbing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is a space for Karolsen shippers. You don't ship them so why are you here? How about you use your time productively and stop harassing everyone over Mon El? I mean you're purposely seeking out threads to harass people.

To explain, in the spoiler thread scififan2009 goes round terrorizing anyone who doesn't like Mon El. I learned that yesterday when posters in The Flash spoiler thread were explaining how they quit Supergirl and didn't like Mon El. She instantly had this as a retort when nobody had even brought up anything about Mon El being white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
People don't quit watching a show just because of one white guy. Unless they're racist. The idea is absurd.
Reverse racism.

X

More cute gifs.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.

Last edited by SuitUp; 07-12-2017 at 03:21 AM
Old 07-12-2017, 03:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Can I be added?

Catching up on the thread.
One day I'll know, how far I'll go

Last edited by MagnusBane; 07-12-2017 at 03:43 AM
MagnusBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)

Sad because I got a 9yo watching this show back in season 1 because of how positive and progressive it was, and I had to stop her watching in early season 2 because I don't want her thinking that racism and sexism is acceptable. I hated making that decision because I felt that other aspects, namely Maggie/Alex, were very good for her to see.
I've heard that a lot. On FB there was this whole thread of parents upset with what was happening on Supergirl. It's no surprise the ratings have dropped to 0.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
How was it revealed that Mon el was a slave owner btw? I really didn't watch any ep of S2 other than the musical ep
From what I know, it was revealed first through his lie to Kara. He is the Prince of Daxan but Kara didn't know at the time.

Philanthropist.

Reply   Post New Thread