Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2017, 02:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Add me!!!

I agree with all of you. The story between James and Kara was so beautifully built up to be dropped the moment it moved to the CW. Within less than 24 hours Kara just stopped loving James. He was then sidelined and replaced with a masochistic slave owner???

It's not like they even gave their relationship a try or actually still remained friendships. Their whole dynamic was rectoned and erased. As if Season 1 did not happen.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:24 AM
Master Fan

they said “i wish they could see how toxic james/karolsen is” i said “bitch WHERE?”
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:52 AM
Loyal Fan

That's a set

The Supergirl SDCC moderator asked for questions for the cast/crew and there were many like this addressing what happened:

Last edited by Starlingcity; 07-07-2017 at 03:06 AM
Starlingcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Added!

All those tweets bless. Too bad they will never get asked, but still. Replacing your main male of color should not be something this show tptb should get a pass on. But they will bc ~yay for the white male flavor of the week~. The CW is so painfully transparent with their BS I can't even...
Old 07-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

They didn't pull their punches. If only those questions were put forward.

David Harewood is pretty honest in his interviews about his character not being used.

Quote:
They didn’t really flesh it out, they didn’t really write for the character, they just gave me this rather cheap-looking mask and no costume and said ‘okay, you’re Cyborg Superman’. But it didn’t really pan out, they didn’t really go into why he was a cyborg, how he became a cyborg, what its powers were, just sort of randomly calling him Cyborg Superman. I was very excited about it at first but then I very quickly realized that there wasn’t really much to it. […] Whenever I’m walking to my trailer and I see that costume I just switch off because I know it’s gonna be a REALLY boring day.
So maybe on the SDCC roundtables there will be some honest discussion even if it's small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Season 2 is the complete opposite of everything Season 1.

It's literally like watching a different series.....
It completely is. It's as though the writers of S2 didn't want S1.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

LOL THE SHADE

I'm happy to see the ratings declining. Diversity and empowering storytelling sell, and they took both away with taking away both James and Kara's importance, separately and together
Old 07-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope something with James/Kara gets asked. Because them getting forgotten and erased was jut terrible storytelling.

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sure they will ignore completely. I wouldn't even be surprised if Mehcad wasn't at SDCC
Old 07-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I'm sure they will ignore completely. I wouldn't even be surprised if Mehcad wasn't at SDCC
Well who knows because things might be better in Season 3 since S3 has new showrunners?

Supergirl has had so many changes.
Season 1 - 2: Network Change
Season 2 - 3: Showrunners Change....
Old 07-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wait, S3 has new showrunners?
Old 07-07-2017, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Wait, S3 has new showrunners?
^Correct.
New Showrunners replacing Ali Adler's are Jessica Queller and Robert Rovner, however the person who's been there since day one has been Andrew Kreisberg, he will still be there.

But that's another drastic change so no idea what the new showrunners have in mind, they might have a different vision....

I think that's why I'm PROBABLY going to give season 3 one more chance. lol well the first 3 episodes or something. Probably see how the trailer looks at Comic Con....
Old 07-08-2017, 03:40 AM
Master Fan

I'm going to check out the Comic Con trailer too but I think that will be it. Season 2 Episode 1 was the only full episode I've seen of the last season.

Quote:
I wouldn't even be surprised if Mehcad wasn't at SDCC
His character was so absent from S2 I bet some people have probably forgotten he's a regular.

Season 3 Table Read:

Quote:
Me: I'll take candids of the first @supergirlcw season 3 table read.
@melissabenoist: "Nah playa...nah". Love these people. #morelove #supergirl #guardian #bts
Philanthropist.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

So who is confirmed for S3 then? Sometimes new showrunners will shake up the cast
Old 07-08-2017, 08:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
So who is confirmed for S3 then? Sometimes new showrunners will shake up the cast

If Chris Wood leaves. I will give it a chance but after it's aired a few episode.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just want to know who is going to get focus in S3...bc I might start watching again lol
Reply   Post New Thread