Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Juliette&Avery [Nashville] #3: "All I want to be is a person who gets to say I l o v e y o u and really mean it."

#3;

J u l i e t t eA v e r y

appreciation thread

Juliette Barnes is the country star with seemingly everything in the world. But as we get to know her, we see a broken girl looking for someone to trust and love her fully. In some ways, she sabotages herself when it comes to happiness and love, but Avery has slowly wormed his way into her heart, gaining her trust and becoming her friend.

Avery Barkley is a singer and songwriter trying to make it in Nashville. In the first season we see him fight for fame, only to realize it wasn't worth it to sell himself in exchange. He has been there for Juliette, playing on her tour and being her friend.

theshippers;
01. Static Waves
02. Arawen
03. Nothing Else Matters
04. IceKat055
05. AlwaysCB
06. freedom to believe
07. vale decem
08. tranquility
09. murphyboy11
10. SiredToDamon
11. Liam's curls
12. catalisman
13. starryxnight
14. Sarita234
15. Laurababora
16. azzro
17. *Arista*
18. SolveMyMystery
19. LEYTON TLA
20. falling slowly
21. *~Sophia~*
22. - Nina -
23. Janelle
24. quirkygrrl
25. ds44
26. PaperGirl
27. sunflower 654
28. aabf
29. YoursToHold
30. tell me a lie
31. A Hot Mess
32. Alley1988
33. Cristofle
34. Juliette_Avery_Gabby_Fan
35. Natasha Romanoff

pastthreads;
01. "I actually have a favor to ask."-"Anything."
#2: "You know what the first thing that came to my mind was? I can't w a i t to tell Avery."

futuretitles;
"You're no throwaway."~Avery
"Why do you care so much?"-"Because we're friends."
"Love is wanting to help someone become the best version of themselves"~Juliette
"I think they genuinely are going to have a beautiful, much-needed relationship." ~Hayden

recentmoment;

X

Last edited by Static Waves; 12-30-2013 at 08:29 PM
Static Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt.

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

np!

glad we are on #3!
Old 12-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
falling slowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

tftnt!
Old 12-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT! Wow 3rd thread already

Icon: Si_Crazy
Arawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

This title...

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
IceKat055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Extreme Fan

tftnt! The opening makes me wanna go re-watch all their scenes.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT!

...but yikes! I love to see the fandom growing, but it sure makes it hard to keep up with the thread when RL is busy. Sorry to bring things over from pretty far back in the last thread, but there were some great points made earlier in the week that I wanted to address...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves
I know many people claimed Scarlett/Gunnar as the couple most modeling Deacon/Rayna, which I think I more see, but still don't completely see. I think all of them seem to have rather different dynamics, but still based around music. I'll have to see more scenes to see where the writers are trying to go with establishing these three couples.
Yeah, I definitely do not think there's a one-to-one correspondence between the two generations of romances, but I do recall now that the show drew explicit comparisons between Deacon/Rayna and Scarlett/Gunnar in canon. But I don't see either half of the latter pairing as charismatic enough to match the dynamic of the former. I think that's where I see some overlap with Juliette/Avery.

However, no offense meant to Rayna/Deacon or their fans - there are definitely times when I get the love for them - but I don't really want any couple that I ship to mirror them too much. They can really bring out the worst in one another, and in that sense their relationship is in counterpoint to Juliette/Avery (at least as they've been portrayed thus far). It's also a contrast that Deacon and Juliette are the halves of each respective relationship with the clear self-destructive tendencies (Deacon's alcoholism and Juliette's volatile temper and pattern of isolating herself). You would expect if there was an intentional comparison to be drawn that it would be based either on gender or on the level of fame/stardom achieved by the respective partners, but the fact that Deacon and Juliette share some common traits turns that expectation on its head.

I like your idea about Rayna signing Avery as her music producer. (There was a brief period where I was intrigued by the tension between Juliette and Liam and wondered if the show would go there, but I'm glad they didn't. I've ultimately been disappointed with Liam as a character and kind of hope they are done with him.) I do find that Avery's input on the music of others reflects a strong sense of what works, and sadly I have not been as excited about Avery's own music on the show overall, so I'd be okay with that direction for him. It's funny you brought up Avery's home life, because after I posted I started to think about aspects of Avery's life where Juliette may come into play and started to wonder about his past/childhood. I agree there is lots of potential for interesting developments there.

catalisman, you make great points about Juliette having supported Avery in the areas where she's had opportunity to so far and I think this is spot-on:

Quote:
While this does create a disparity in their relationship, I actually think it's a good thing that it's been a little one-sided so far. Juliette's biggest issue is that everyone who has ever claimed to love her has actually just been using her for what she could do for them. If Avery needed her--even if it was just her support, or whatever--it would be easier for her to shove him into a box along with Dante, her mother, her manager (who cares about her but also takes a paycheck from her), etc. The fact that so far the entire relationship has been about her and ONLY her--not her money (he'd rather work in a bar than take her paycheck), not her fame, her connections, or even her support, but just her COMPANY on HER terms--has allowed Juliette to let her guard down and begin to trust and care for Avery the way she has.
I was very concerned that the writers not have Avery go back to working for her (at least on a regular basis - the impromptu duet in the latest episode was too perfect to pass up), and this is why. It's also an interesting contrast to S1 Avery, where he was trying to track her down at a music industry gathering for self-serving reasons.

As far as the discussion about where the show will pic up their relationship when it returns in January...I really hope they don't have Juliette backslide completely. I was reading a fic the other day set after the latest episode where she lashed out at Avery and did all she could to push him away. It just didn't quite feel right to me, even though I know that's her typical behavior when she is hurt. If we are to believe that she is growing due to her connection with him - that he brings out the best in her - then I would hope we see her handle this blow in at least a marginally more mature way than she has in the past. (I'm working under the assumption that pretending the whole doorway thing never happened is more mature than saying nasty things to rile him up.) I really want her to start to see the good in herself (I think that taking a stand against the tabloids was a great first step) and take a break from jumping from one man to the next so she can get comfortable in her own skin. I'm not sure who to expect to make the next move, since Avery needs a chance to play things out with Scarlett and get some closure before he can go for it with Juliette. I have no idea how long that will take, since the pacing can be wonky with this show at times. I do consider it a hopeful sign that may hasten the end of Avery/Scarlett to see immediate signs Scar is still hung up on Gunnar in the previews.

Loving to see the new vids! I really like the editing and use of dialogue in the "Breathe In/Breathe Out" one in particular.

That's a great shout-out to our couple on EW! Thanks for bringing it over, Sarita!

And thanks for pointing out that fic, Tammi! I have been searching for fic for them a long time, and have been pleased to see the number of stories go up recently, but I hadn't found that one when I searched earlier. I guess I need to start scanning the first page instead of just entering search terms.
*Arista* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT and thanks for adding me

I really hope to see their friendship grow in the new year
sunflower 654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

That´s what I´m scared of, that they will make Juliette backlash and go back to old behaviour again. I know it´s not realistic to change her behaviour completely from maneater to monogamist in such a short time but still. Seroiusly the writers KNOW what the fans want, they must give us that.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 12-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Spoiler:

Old 12-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Scarlett/Avery to me seems just like an obstacle because IMO, both went back to someone familiar to not deal with their feelings for others (Gunnar/Juliette).

They've done beautifully with Juliette's character and I'd really hate for them to not show that character growth and have her regress instead. I hope she still continues to treat him as a friend - ignoring it ever happened seems like a possible route and a different one to her usual pattern.

I actually am not a fan of Deacon/Rayna parallels b/c they're too sad
Mary ♔ Francis
PaperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawen (View Post)
Spoiler:
I find it funny that almost every comment there is talking about how annoying Scarlett is right now But yeah that was the promo showing during the credit of the episode.
jbshmdfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread