Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2013, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Juliette apologized. She apologized.

And omg, "I can't wait to tell Avery." He was her first thought.

Avery though, what's wrong with you? (promo)

Why do Juliette and Avery have to be so horny all the time. Juliette with that married guy, and now Avery with Scarlett. Can't they just be horny together?

i love you. ♡
Old 10-24-2013, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Based on the promo, we probably won't be getting new scenes next week
Old 10-24-2013, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale decem (View Post)
Why do Juliette and Avery have to be so horny all the time. Juliette with that married guy, and now Avery with Scarlett. Can't they just be horny together?
Thank you!!

I don't see that Gunnar and Avery will butt heads over this, because Gunnar certainly can't say a word. Writing songs for whats-her-face (Scarlett's BFF?) and sleeping with her right outta the gate? Maybe Scarlett finds out and is hurt and wants to get back at him/them, so she uses Avery. And Avery FINALLY wakes up and realizes that he doesn't really want Scarlett, 'cause she's just not Juliette.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
I don't see that Gunnar and Avery will butt heads over this, because Gunnar certainly can't say a word. Writing songs for whats-her-face (Scarlett's BFF?) and sleeping with her right outta the gate? Maybe Scarlett finds out and is hurt and wants to get back at him/them, so she uses Avery. And Avery FINALLY wakes up and realizes that he doesn't really want Scarlett, 'cause she's just not Juliette.
Considering how much this show tends to short Avery, I bet it will be Scarlett realizing she is "backsliding" with Avery or something and she'll be the one to end it.

Also. I hate AfterBuzz when it comes to this show. They went on forever about how Avery is just pretending to be friends with Gunnar to lure him to get with Zooey because Avery is a jerk and wants Scarlett all to himself or something.

Um. Pretty sure Avery didn't make Gunnar write a freaking song about Zooey.

I don't understand why people don't think Avery is good.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
Considering how much this show tends to short Avery, I bet it will be Scarlett realizing she is "backsliding" with Avery or something and she'll be the one to end it.

Also. I hate AfterBuzz when it comes to this show. They went on forever about how Avery is just pretending to be friends with Gunnar to lure him to get with Zooey because Avery is a jerk and wants Scarlett all to himself or something.

Um. Pretty sure Avery didn't make Gunnar write a freaking song about Zooey.

I don't understand why people don't think Avery is good.
They did some damage to him in the early episodes, the way he treated Scarlett and his bandmates. But nobody seems to recognize the growth they've given him.

Which is why they NEED to keep him with Juliette. Her tendency to self-destruct needs a strong, steady hand on her arm. That role is tailor-made for Avery.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
They did some damage to him in the early episodes, the way he treated Scarlett and his bandmates.
You know, I never understood that. Scarlet and his bandmates were all so furious with him, acting like he was the bad guy...but he didn't do anything really wrong!

He got an offer, he requested that it be extended to his band, and when he was given an all-or-nothing ultimatum, he chose all. With the express caveat that he would rehire his band as soon as he had the power to do so, right after his album came out and he was in a position to negotiate. He made a goodwill effort to include his band, and when that didn't work he looked at the options--nobody get recorded, or he get recorded and gain the power to include them in his success later down the line. He chose success. I've never understood why everyone crucified him for it.

As for Scarlett? She was constantly flirting with her coworker, sharing her art/music with Gunnar and not Avery, despite claiming to love Avery. She was being emotionally unfaithful and refusing to support him when success came floating his way, while being pissed at him for not supporting her and her success. She accused him of cheating (which he hadn't) and kicked him out for it, then everyone was outraged when he went ahead and did that bad thing that he had already been punished for.

So in my opinion, in those early episodes, Avery was trying to "have it all", the same way everyone else on this show does. When Gunnar encourages Scarlett to get signed without him, and she does, it's because he messed up and didn't deserve a recording deal, and she does. When Avery tells his band that he'll share his success with them after he's signed, he's a jackass? Everyone who was supposed to support Avery--or at least, make an effort to understand and/or correct him if he was doing wrong, i.e., friends, bandmates, girlfriend...all turned on him, cut him out of their lives, and left him totally alone. It's no wonder he got caught up in the glamour of his record deal--he didn't have anything else. His music was all he had left, after Scarlett and his band decided that one quasi-selfish action (I say quasi because he states onscreen that he's going to sign his band as soon as possible, so he was looking out for them and their futures as well), one quasi-selfish action was enough to cut him off altogether and treat him like a leper. When the studio executives changed--destroyed--his music, the only thing he had left, burning the master copies was really the only option poor Avery had left.

I think that's the best and worst part of his relationship with Juliette. They both have issues with abandonment. Avery is afraid if he does anything even slightly wrong, he'll be cut off and treated like some villain. Juliette is afraid if she lets herself care about anyone, they'll have the power to hurt her. So they're afraid of the exact same thing in different ways--she can't let him get too close, and he can't be perfect. But they could be perfect for each other...

Or maybe I'm just way over-thinking it, given that I love Avery to death, have since the beginning, and could never stand everyone judging him for doing what all of them would have done in his place.

~Cat
Old 10-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalisman (View Post)
I think that's the best and worst part of his relationship with Juliette. They both have issues with abandonment. Avery is afraid if he does anything even slightly wrong, he'll be cut off and treated like some villain. Juliette is afraid if she lets herself care about anyone, they'll have the power to hurt her. So they're afraid of the exact same thing in different ways--she can't let him get too close, and he can't be perfect. But they could be perfect for each other...

It hurt, earlier in the episode, to hear Juliette tell her manager "I do not need (Avery)", though we know full well that's not true. And that she sought him out, apologized, asked him to come back to her, says that deep down, she knows it too.

And I'll be honest, when he refused her offer, I expected her to fly off the handle and get pissy with him. That she gave him the key to her studio and offered him free run of it was a NICE surprise.

But I don't want her back on the road without him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale decem (View Post)
And omg, "I can't wait to tell Avery." He was her first thought.
I think this needs to be a thread title.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalisman (View Post)
You know, I never understood that. Scarlet and his bandmates were all so furious with him, acting like he was the bad guy...but he didn't do anything really wrong!

He got an offer, he requested that it be extended to his band, and when he was given an all-or-nothing ultimatum, he chose all. With the express caveat that he would rehire his band as soon as he had the power to do so, right after his album came out and he was in a position to negotiate. He made a goodwill effort to include his band, and when that didn't work he looked at the options--nobody get recorded, or he get recorded and gain the power to include them in his success later down the line. He chose success. I've never understood why everyone crucified him for it.

As for Scarlett? She was constantly flirting with her coworker, sharing her art/music with Gunnar and not Avery, despite claiming to love Avery. She was being emotionally unfaithful and refusing to support him when success came floating his way, while being pissed at him for not supporting her and her success. She accused him of cheating (which he hadn't) and kicked him out for it, then everyone was outraged when he went ahead and did that bad thing that he had already been punished for.

So in my opinion, in those early episodes, Avery was trying to "have it all", the same way everyone else on this show does. When Gunnar encourages Scarlett to get signed without him, and she does, it's because he messed up and didn't deserve a recording deal, and she does. When Avery tells his band that he'll share his success with them after he's signed, he's a jackass? Everyone who was supposed to support Avery--or at least, make an effort to understand and/or correct him if he was doing wrong, i.e., friends, bandmates, girlfriend...all turned on him, cut him out of their lives, and left him totally alone. It's no wonder he got caught up in the glamour of his record deal--he didn't have anything else. His music was all he had left, after Scarlett and his band decided that one quasi-selfish action (I say quasi because he states onscreen that he's going to sign his band as soon as possible, so he was looking out for them and their futures as well), one quasi-selfish action was enough to cut him off altogether and treat him like a leper. When the studio executives changed--destroyed--his music, the only thing he had left, burning the master copies was really the only option poor Avery had left.

Or maybe I'm just way over-thinking it, given that I love Avery to death, have since the beginning, and could never stand everyone judging him for doing what all of them would have done in his place.

~Cat
I think most of this is true. I would not necessarily excuse Avery's behavior, but you can see underlying reasons for everything he does. Very much like Juliette: her actions are her actions and they are not excusable but you see the underlying insecurities and reasons for it.

My problem mainly comes with the idea that people hate Avery for no reason, despite his character growth. Especially when it comes to being compared to Scarlett or Gunnar. He is just this evil guy keeping them apart and manipulating them

The fact that people don't see Avery's insecurities bothers me. I think it's also compounded with the fact that tptb don't seem to tweet/promote Avery/JJ that much
Old 10-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

Really liked their scene tonight, and the fact she wanted to tell him first about the Opry shows that he is something special for her.

Didn´t know Scarlett will sleep with Avery in the next episode, now I´m angry

EDIT: Just saw the promo, don´t think I will like next episode at all

Icon: Si_Crazy

Last edited by Arawen; 10-24-2013 at 02:31 PM
Old 10-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

meh why haven't I found any gifs of last night yet

Alsooo, one of these two as our next title?

Juliette&Avery [Nashville] #2: "Wanna know what the first thing that came to my mind was? I can't wait to tell Avery."

Juliette&Avery [Nashville] #2: Because when she was asked to join The Opry, the first person she wanted to tell was him.

Last edited by Static Waves; 10-24-2013 at 03:36 PM
Old 10-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)

Alsooo, one of these two as our next title?

Juliette&Avery [Nashville] #2: "Wanna know what the first thing that came to my mind was? I can't wait to tell Avery."
This gets my vote, definitely!

Just found some caps, but no gifs yet.

The way they look at each other...

Old 10-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

ugh their stupid perfect faces
Old 10-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

Perfect. And stupid.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love the little smiles

So what are the chances Juliette can get her tour cancelled and stick around in Nashville full time with Avery?
Old 10-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

so dp but idc, gifs are finally hereeeee

X
Closed Thread   Post New Thread