Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

I just started a big series re-watch too. I'm now 7 episodes into season 2. The Golden Years is what I like to call them.

BTW, which episode turned you guys into a Josh/Donna shipper? I always loved their dynamic as the neurotic boss and the quirky assistant who ultimately takes care of him but I really started to ship them with the episode In Excelsis Deo. The book that Josh gave Donna (that stayed in the thematic of what she wanted - anything related to skiing) with a heartfelt note inside just turned me into a puddle of goo and made me see that he feels a lot more than what he lets on. Plus I found their hug sweet and cute when Donna added a touch of funny to it by asking him if skis would have killed him.

ETA: I thought about our nickname for the couple (Alpine Skiing Junkies) and thought that Donna is the one that likes alpine skiing, not Josh. How about we rename them the Chiefs of Staff since that's what they are now respectively to President Santos and the First Lady.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathangel (View Post)

I just started a big series re-watch too. I'm now 7 episodes into season 2. The Golden Years is what I like to call them.

BTW, which episode turned you guys into a Josh/Donna shipper? I always loved their dynamic as the neurotic boss and the quirky assistant who ultimately takes care of him but I really started to ship them with the episode In Excelsis Deo. The book that Josh gave Donna (that stayed in the thematic of what she wanted - anything related to skiing) with a heartfelt note inside just turned me into a puddle of goo and made me see that he feels a lot more than what he lets on. Plus I found their hug sweet and cute when Donna added a touch of funny to it by asking him if skis would have killed him.

ETA: I thought about our nickname for the couple (Alpine Skiing Junkies) and thought that Donna is the one that likes alpine skiing, not Josh. How about we rename them the Chiefs of Staff since that's what they are now respectively to President Santos and the First Lady.
From the depths of the Couples Board, it rises...

OMG, I just started a rewatch! I'm on "Galileo"--9 episodes in.

What turned me into a shipper? Uh....I thought they were cute. And I needed a ship. I multi-ship this series, so J/D are just the tip of the iceberg.

Chiefs of Staff works. I'll mull things over.
Spooky Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Spice (View Post)
What turned me into a shipper? Uh....I thought they were cute. And I needed a ship. I multi-ship this series, so J/D are just the tip of the iceberg.
I know! There were so many pairings to enjoy in this series because there were so many strong characters.

I adored all of the following pairings: CJ/Danny, CJ/Toby, CJ/Simon, Sam/Ainsley, Toby/Andy and the Bartlets.

We so have to keep this thread alive while we're doing our big re-watch.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathangel (View Post)
I adored all of the following pairings: CJ/Danny, CJ/Toby, CJ/Simon, Sam/Ainsley, Toby/Andy and the Bartlets.
LOL, I ship all those, too. Also, Leo/Margaret. And Charlie/Zoey a little bit.

I need to find me some good CJ/Simon fic...
Spooky Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

This thread is in much need of a bump! Just finished S2 for the first time

Quote:
Same here! I was surprised at how emotional that scene made me. It definitely made me love them.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

Bumping! I'm loving them so much
Old 06-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Total Fan

Bumping!

^Love how worried she is for him in that .gif. And the little wave is adorable!
A dream that I can call my own"

Oliver♥Felicity
likeiluvJ/D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

Bumping! I'm rewatching The West Wing and I have so many Donna/Josh feelings right now!

Come talk to me about it!
Mrs Jude Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the bump to this thread Kerstin! I am always loving Josh/Donna. I have two favorite videos from YouTube for them too, I'll share them. I didn't make them, I just found them, they're so great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tstNliRQ3gA

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me2zcp26ETc&feature=plcp

Last edited by CatFoley16; 10-28-2012 at 02:07 PM
CatFoley16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

edit double post sorry

Last edited by CatFoley16; 10-28-2012 at 02:06 PM
Old 10-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Sorry for all the multiple posts, odd fanforum issues.

Last edited by CatFoley16; 10-29-2012 at 06:20 PM
Old 10-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

ugh multiple post issue sorry

Last edited by CatFoley16; 10-29-2012 at 06:19 PM
Old 10-28-2012, 11:09 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm a hardcore Jonna fan its not even funny. Hardcore Winger too. Add me.

☆Krys ☆
topherkraz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oi, there are people just like me. This show ended ages ago but I really love their relationship!

Thanks for sharing the links, I'll check them out immediately!

Mrs Jude Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

I never watched the show until 2 years ago to be honest, now it's one of my all time favorites. I've been trying to do a rewatch this year but I've been too busy and discovering new shows and such.
Reply   Post New Thread