Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2020, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

the way they left together for the summer and returned even more in love was amazing!!

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 06-23-2020, 06:43 PM
Elite Fan

I still love rewatching their scenes. Hell, their scenes are the main things I rewatch from Dawson's Creek. They were the best thing about the show. I still think it's funny how Dawson took a backseat to Pacey/Joey on his own show lol.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

i always love the fact that Pacey liked her first

Old 06-23-2020, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, and Joey didn't have to look like Cinderella for Pacey to finally notice her like Dawson did. That's another thing, Joey was Dawson's consolation prize, he was all about Jen until Joey got all made up for a beauty pageant.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

yes. Pacey loved joey just for being herself.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I still love rewatching their scenes. Hell, their scenes are the main things I rewatch from Dawson's Creek. They were the best thing about the show. I still think it's funny how Dawson took a backseat to Pacey/Joey on his own show lol.
I was losing interest in DC during Season 2, big time. I actually liked D/J in Season 1 (can't believe I admit that, but I did). I actually wanted them to get together. Then when it happened, it was awful. I couldn't jump off that ship quick enough. It was the first time that a couple I was liking, that I wanted to see together, disappointed me when they got together. After a few episodes, I just tuned out of their relationship completely and wanted them done. They were a disaster from the start, then I started losing interest in the show. Then when Season 3 came out and Pacey rolled up to Joey's dock and they shared that moment. I was like okay, this is different for them. Then suddenly, I'm glued to the TV wondering if something was gonna happen with them, even though I didn't think the show would go there, then we started to slowly see their relationship blossom and that was it for me. I was I in it for the long haul and glued to my tv for the next couple of seasons. They were the only couple I got into shipper wars over. I was kinda obsessed.

IMHO, Pacey and Joey saved Dawson's Creek for me and I stayed for them. I even stayed during awful Season 5, for hope of a hug or something. I never lost interest in them even after they split and we had to watch them pretend to be strangers. I never gave up hope for them to reunite. Their love was too strong.

Their love story is the best.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 06-24-2020, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

I said before too the only time Dawson and Joey worked was in S1, but when they got together it was and stayed a toxic disaster. They were always better as friends, they couldn't make a relationship EVER work long term or in general (One of the many things showing they weren't soulmates) Even though I've always said S1-4 are the seasons I don't mind rewatching (compared to the last two seasons) S2 is painful mainly cause of the extreme IMMATURITY of Dawson and Joey's melodramatic arc the whole season, like grow the F up. It's all so corny and dumb, especially when you see it as an adult. Even when I was a teenager watching it, it all made me gag and RME.

I remember I was fine and watching the show regardless but I can see S3 being the season that saved it for you and maybe others. When I first watched the show I didn't see S1 yet, so I didn't know about P/J's short fling in S1 so I never even thought about P/J but once I saw that growing friendship and chemistry just grow and grow in S3 I was hooked too. I quickly fell for Pacey and Joey cause before them none of the couples did it for me. I never got into Dawson/Joey *pukes* Dawson/Jen, Pacey/Andie, Jack/Joey, etc. I didn't see iron hot, passionate chemistry till I saw Pacey and Joey together, and I wanted them together so badly. I wouldn't be surprised if people watched DC for the first time in S3 and got hooked cause of P/J. They were just lightning in a bottle, and they still hold up today. They are still the main thing people still discuss about the show.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like DJ would only ever really work if the show was just that season 1.

Old 06-24-2020, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
I feel like DJ would only ever really work if the show was just that season 1.
I 100 percent agree.

Icon
"Give me a reason
You're silent when I'm screaming ,You took a piece of me And Now I'm Barely Breathing"
Old 06-24-2020, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I said before too the only time Dawson and Joey worked was in S1, but when they got together it was and stayed a toxic disaster. They were always better as friends, they couldn't make a relationship EVER work long term or in general (One of the many things showing they weren't soulmates) Even though I've always said S1-4 are the seasons I don't mind rewatching (compared to the last two seasons) S2 is painful mainly cause of the extreme IMMATURITY of Dawson and Joey's melodramatic arc the whole season, like grow the F up. It's all so corny and dumb, especially when you see it as an adult. Even when I was a teenager watching it, it all made me gag and RME.

I remember I was fine and watching the show regardless but I can see S3 being the season that saved it for you and maybe others. When I first watched the show I didn't see S1 yet, so I didn't know about P/J's short fling in S1 so I never even thought about P/J but once I saw that growing friendship and chemistry just grow and grow in S3 I was hooked too. I quickly fell for Pacey and Joey cause before them none of the couples did it for me. I never got into Dawson/Joey *pukes* Dawson/Jen, Pacey/Andie, Jack/Joey, etc. I didn't see iron hot, passionate chemistry till I saw Pacey and Joey together, and I wanted them together so badly. I wouldn't be surprised if people watched DC for the first time in S3 and got hooked cause of P/J. They were just lightning in a bottle, and they still hold up today. They are still the main thing people still discuss about the show.
Exactly. During Season 1, I liked Pacey's sweeter side with Joey during their homework field trip, but I wasn't like into them then, because I was kinda pulling for Dawson and Joey. So it never really registered for me, that I was like okay, these two are gonna be my ship. And like you said, no couples did it for me. Not even Dawson and Joey after they got together. Pacey and Andie, none of them. IMHO, joey and Pacey's blooming friendship and scenes before anything ever happened with them, had stronger chemistry then the actual pairings that had happened before that. They were electric. I already loved their banter and love hate friendship, but in Season 3, there were actual sparks flying just during their friendship stage. They sucked me in quick. And like I said, I really didn't think the show was gonna go there, even though they were becoming closer as friends, but even if nothing was gonna happen, I was already on board with it and ready for it, if it did and I am so glad it did.

Some of Pacey's speeches to Joey are some of the best written dialogue and combine that with Joshua Jackson's delivery of those speeches. He quickly shot straight to the top of my tv boyfriend list.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 06-24-2020, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
Exactly. During Season 1, I liked Pacey's sweeter side with Joey during their homework field trip, but I wasn't like into them then, because I was kinda pulling for Dawson and Joey. So it never really registered for me, that I was like okay, these two are gonna be my ship. And like you said, no couples it for me. Not even Dawson and Joey after they got together. Pacey and Andie, none of them. IMHO, joey and Pacey's blooming friendship and scenes before anything ever happened with them, had stronger chemistry then the actual pairings that had happened before that. They were electric. I already loved their banter and love hate friendship, but in Season 3, there were actual sparks flying just during their friendship stage. They sucked me in quick. And like I said, I really didn't think the show was gonna go there, even though they were becoming closer as friends, but even if nothing was gonna happen, I was already on board with it and ready for it, if it did and I am so glad it did.

Some of Pacey's speeches to Joey are some of the best written dialogue and combine that with Joshua Jackson's delivery of those speeches. He quickly shot straight to the top of my tv boyfriend list.
yes I agree with all the points and yes TV boyfriend list.

Icon
"Give me a reason
You're silent when I'm screaming ,You took a piece of me And Now I'm Barely Breathing"
Old 06-24-2020, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

I agree they had great dialogue, their epic speeches are still remembered and talked about as well. Pacey is definitely one of the best TV boyfriends ever made.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

They still make top tv couple lists as well and put on lists with couples from bigger shows like Friends and and Cheers. I remember years ago I collected a bunch of links to tv couples and there were so many that P/J were a part of. Their romance was beautiful to watch.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
They still make top tv couple lists as well and put on lists with couples from bigger shows like Friends and and Cheers. I remember years ago I collected a bunch of links to tv couples and there were so many that P/J were a part of. Their romance was beautiful to watch.
It was I mean in cotmp thread they are on it.

Icon
"Give me a reason
Old 06-25-2020, 05:36 AM
Elite Fan

They were on a best teen couple list this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrMd6Gm-HCM

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top