Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 04:52 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh, hi! New people visited while I was offline. Welcome!

I'll gladly add you to the list, but let me make clear that this thread was created to be a slash-friendly thread. (You know, Joey and Chandler as a romantic couple.) Maybe I'll make two lists, one for slash fans, and one for fans of their friendship.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:13 PM
Cotton Candy

Yeah, I'm a fan of their friendship too. Since neither one is gay, I don't see a romantic relationship there.

Old 08-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DCreekFreak
Since neither one is gay, I don't see a romantic relationship there.
Okay, I'll add you too. However, it is debatable where either of them is gay. There are plenty of people who think they're straight for years, but it turns out they were just closeted all along. Examples from the show include Ross's ex-wife Carol and Chandler's dad Charles Bing aka Helena Handbasket. Even Joey could just be overcompensating; he's never had a relationship work out with a woman.

So as long as we can keep things polite and respectful here and not start any anti-shipper flame wars, everything will be fine.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:27 AM
Elite Fan

Joey and Chandler have to be my two favorite friendshippers. They are too freaking funny together!!!
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 08-29-2004, 12:05 AM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by Cress
Okay, I'll add you too. However, it is debatable where either of them is gay. There are plenty of people who think they're straight for years, but it turns out they were just closeted all along. Examples from the show include Ross's ex-wife Carol and Chandler's dad Charles Bing aka Helena Handbasket. Even Joey could just be overcompensating; he's never had a relationship work out with a woman.
Aw, thanks Yes, that could very well be. However, the show has ended and they were heterosexual from beginning to end. So, it's fun to imagine, but there's no question that these two character were straight.

Old 08-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Aw, thanks Yes, that could very well be. However, the show has ended and they were heterosexual from beginning to end.
As I said before, that point is debatable. They may have believed they were heterosexual on the show, but it doesn't mean it's true. They can still be just deluded and closeted.

I started this thread here because the Friends board didn't have any slash fans besides me, so please, let me have my slash-friendly thread, okay? This is a shipper thread.

If you want a thread where you can say they are ONLY friends and always will be, like it's an unequivocal fact, then start your own thread, on the Friends board.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:23 PM
Cotton Candy

I wasn't trying to start an argument. I was just expressing my opinion. Moving on...

Old 08-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm sorry, but as you can see I'm sensitive about this issue. I'm a damn serious Joey/Chandler shipper, so please think of it like you're visiting a Joey/Rachel thread on the Friends board (assuming that you're a Ross/Rachel fan) or vice versa. To come on this thread and say repeatedly that they're only friends and didn't get together on the show is not wise, right?

This part particularly bothered me:
Quote:
but there's no question that these two character were straight.
There may be no question to you, but there's plenty of question to me and other J/C shippers I've met here and elsewhere on the internet. To say it like that, as if I'm just supposed to accept that and surrender, is what riled me up.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:17 PM
Cotton Candy

Sorry, I really didn't realize that people were that serious about this couple. I thought it was just for fun. My apologies.

Old 08-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by Cress
I'm a damn serious Joey/Chandler shipper, so please think of it like you're visiting a Joey/Rachel thread on the Friends board (assuming that you're a Ross/Rachel fan) or vice versa. To come on this thread and say repeatedly that they're only friends and didn't get together on the show is not wise, right?
I just had to comment on this. If I was a Rachel/Joey fan, let's say, and a Rachel/Ross fan came on and said how they appreciated Rachel and Joey's friendship, but just didn't see the two of them together, that would be totally acceptable. I don't see how a comment like that would be "unwise".

Old 08-30-2004, 04:19 AM
Loyal Fan

I saw the episode when Joey and Chandler became 'bracelet buddies' it was hilarious! I think that's one of my favorite episodes, god their friendship is like Ross and Rachel's relationship.

i support naley and bjl always and forever.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:29 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I just had to comment on this. If I was a Rachel/Joey fan, let's say, and a Rachel/Ross fan came on and said how they appreciated Rachel and Joey's friendship, but just didn't see the two of them together, that would be totally acceptable. I don't see how a comment like that would be "unwise".
How is that acceptable, though? I've lurked on various shipper threads and even seen fans who visit both the Joey/Rachel thread and the Ross/Rachel thread, saying that they like both couples.

But, I've also seen people who inappropriately came on the J/R thread and said stuff like, "You guys should get over it. Joey and Rachel are just friends and not true love." They even went into a long list refuting all the "romantic/couple-like moments" on Friends that the J/R fans had gathered together, and laughed at them, saying it was all wrong and misinterpreted. Messages like that got angry complaints and the moderator deleted them.

I'm not saying you went that far; you did show some restraint. But when you kept saying that Joey and Chandler aren't gay, and there's no question about it, it's the kind of thing that can provoke people to get defensive about their shipper couple. I'm saying it's "unwise" because it opens the door to a possible heated and emotional argument. Whether it actually degenerates into a flame war depends on the maturity of the posters, of course.

That's what I meant.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Cotton Candy

Wow, I didn't realize that people did that on the J/R thread. That's definitely not a good idea. I just meant that as a Rachel/Ross fan, you can join the J/R thread as a fan of the two's friendship. I don't see why that wouldn't be acceptable.

Once again, sorry if I offended you. I thought this was just a fun thread, I didn't realize how serious it was. My mistake.

Let the J/C lovin' continue!

Old 08-31-2004, 01:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks. Let's talk about something lighter now. What was your favorite Joey/Chandler moment or storyline on the show?
Old 09-01-2004, 06:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow, I get busy for a few days and this thread just moves along.

for everyone.

Um seeing as the J/C ship is what's getting me into Friends and I've really only really watched S1 I'd have to say my favorite moment was on the fold-out couch when Joey tried to snuggle up to Chandler and it made him all uncomfortable.

I really liked the episode where Chandler found out that some people think he's gay and his co-worker wanted to set him up with a guy and when he finds out he's all 'well he's no Brian from accounting' and then not only does the girl who wanted to set him up but the guy she was going to set him up tells him that Brian is out of his league and he's all 'I could get a Brian" Makes me want a QaF crossover where Brian helps Chandler realize he's gay cause that could be fun.

and it's kinda four in the morning right after I got off work so I'm babblings...so I'll stop now.

Discrimination = Moral Values?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread