Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
It does Jemma have their own backhug
That crying emoticon is horrible it makes me tear up almost
Old 06-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It does Jemma have their own backhug
It's a really sweet moment I like it when they act naturally in public like that. Sad that Emma is letting her fears control her again
Old 06-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikChik (View Post)
That crying emoticon is horrible it makes me tear up almost
It does? I always use that crying emoticon in a silly way.

- is my srs sad face,
Old 06-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It does? I always use that crying emoticon in a silly way.

- is my srs sad face,
Aww don't... sad emoticons make me sad
Old 06-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
So am I. It's 2:40 am but it's friday so.

Yup that and Jenny slept with Ben out of heartbreak, sleeping with Ben almost seemed all about Emma, hence why Emma was cut inbetween at the musical. Emily/JJ was just this totally random move from a girl who before episode 7 had no shown no interest in JJ friendly or otherwise.

Possibly fandom was outraged because Emily was sharing a relationship with someone in which Naomi had absolutely nothing to do with it.........IDK.
Well, I suppose you could say that Naomi's refusal to 'be brave' was something that pushed Emily to do what she did as well. Skins didn't intercut scenes the way HaH does, but then Skins has very strict rules about not deviating from chronological narrative structure (though they will also consciously break some of their rules in certain circumstances). To be fair, their friendship did have a sort of spur-of-the-moment feeling to it, but there were some logistical reasons for that. Plus, unless their relationship had an impact on other characters' points of view, there wouldn't have been an opportunity to develop it before JJ's ep. Even during the planning stages, there was a point where Emily was going to be paired with JJ and Naomi with Thomas. From a dramatic point of view, it was a cardinal function in both JJ's and Naomily's storylines.

I have no idea about the development of the Jemma storyline but I can see how sleeping with Ben was also a cardinal function because it creates another obstacle for them to deal with, thereby postponing the gratification of the audience's desire to see Jemma get together. I can also totally understand that someone like Jenny would just do something random like that because she is so hurt. It's consistent with her character's impulsiveness and Bohemian sensibility.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Extreme Fan

kara

that is all!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Aww don't... sad emoticons make me sad
Is this better >

Doc's post is way too wordy for this time in the morning.

Quote:
Well, I suppose you could say that Naomi's refusal to 'be brave' was something that pushed Emily to do what she did as well.
There's similarities in the way Emily went and danced and got drunk through pain, but then it veers off differently, to the point where Jenny wasn't thinking about what she was doing and Emily knew full well what she was doing and I think that's key, for why lesbians criticized Emily more because she was completely aware of herself and Jenny was lost. Sort of in a "why would a lesbian in her right mind ever decide to have sex with another man?" We understand it more when we can shove in fueled factors like alcohol and heartbreak or emotional crisis.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
kara

that is all!
Ha ha ha Glad I am doing a decent job so far
Old 06-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Is this better >
Much, thank you!

Quote:
There's similarities in the way Emily went and danced and got drunk through pain, but then it veers off differently, to the point where Jenny wasn't thinking about what she was doing and Emily knew full well what she was doing and I think that's key, for why lesbians criticized Emily more because she was completely aware of herself and Jenny was lost. Sort of in a "why would a lesbian in her right mind ever decide to have sex with another man?" We understand it more when we can shove in fueled factors like alcohol and heartbreak or emotional crisis.
Fair point though I think that alone brings up what I deem to be a very hypocritical double standard that we, a collective we, follow. I personally believe we do the same things drunk that we'd do sober but merely use the drunkness as an excuse to get away with it. I've never really felt I've done anything drunk I wouldn't have done otherwise and unfortunately I've done many wrongs so to speak while intoxicated.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karagail (View Post)
Ha ha ha Glad I am doing a decent job so far
Decent, far more than decent
Old 06-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly we can use alcohol as an excuse to hide behind........and Jenny did to an extent. In the 141 bathroom scene she says she went out and drank to much and it just happened. Would it have happened otherwise, say if Ben had come home just after the ballet dancing? IDK, but she and Ben had always been flirty in a harmless way - so who knows. She still could have done exactly what she did for the same reasons - it just perhaps wouldn't have been so easy without the added drunkness marring her inhibitions. Then I'm sure a lot more poeple would have complained.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Decent, far more than decent
Thanks..I will try to work a little more on it tonight. Not giving up yet
Old 06-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Exactly we can use alcohol as an excuse to hide behind........and Jenny did to an extent. In the 141 bathroom scene she says she went out and drank to much and it just happened. Would it have happened otherwise, say if Ben had come home just after the ballet dancing? IDK, but she and Ben had always been flirty in a harmless way - so who knows. She still could have done exactly what she did for the same reasons - it just perhaps wouldn't have been so easy without the added drunkness marring her inhibitions. Then I'm sure a lot more poeple would have complained.
I think Jenny could have done whatever she wanted either way, it definitely seems to be a flaw of hers; however, I do think without the alcohol and adrenaline rush possessed from a night out dancing she probably could have talked herself out of the situation. Even so, she knew exactly what she was doing and back to the bathroom scene she said "I was trying to stop thinking about you" which is completely premeditated and no one goes out with a single flirty guy where booze and sexual energy is present without realizing the impending situation they will inevitably find them self within. It's like complaining about getting burned while holding a candle and watching the wick slowly disappear... uh yeah... gonna happen.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karagail (View Post)
Thanks..I will try to work a little more on it tonight. Not giving up yet
YAY! I greatly appreciate that!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
"I was trying to stop thinking about you"
Just picking this out because Jenny failed at this.

And I almost agree with you - but I don't think she went out with the intention to get it on with Ben - I really do think she just went to dance crazily to forget Emma and the sex......just followed. It's debateable. Point is Jenny didn't sleep with Ben for Ben - to be with Ben - or whatever - he was just the nearest thing available. Emily slept with JJ - for JJ - an act that wasn't selfish or for any negative reasons.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread