Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

First of all, welcome Nightlife_Eyes! I'm definitely adding you to the list. And Stubborn Tomato, you are most welcome; I love seeing new fans of this crazy couple here on . It warms my snarky-loving heart! (Come post more often). Second of all, Squirrel!Britta is adorable but Squirrel!Britta with handguns? Holy... it's adorable and badass! Adorabass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucherrygirl (View Post)
*SQUEE* OMG, I LOVE IT!!!!! LOVE THE OP!! WOOT!!

I snagged that middle pic and put it as my desktop wallpaper. SO pretty!

Thanks for posting my fic, Vesta!
Which middle pic? The one made out of caps from the paintball episode? Either way, I'm glad you liked the OP. These two have so many wonderful moments, it was easy to make fanart! (Also, I know I said this before in a PM but please finish that fanfic! It sounds good. *pokes*)

By the way, I've been thinking about what we might call our couple (you all know how Jeff & Annie are "Milady" and "Milord"? I was wondering if anyone would be onboard with us coming up with a subtitle for them. Like the Greendale Parents or Schemers or something. Just throwing it out there. )
Old 07-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Vesta (View Post)
By the way, I've been thinking about what we might call our couple (you all know how Jeff & Annie are "Milady" and "Milord"? I was wondering if anyone would be onboard with us coming up with a subtitle for them. Like the Greendale Parents or Schemers or something. Just throwing it out there. )
Greendale Parents is cute.
Xena ♥ Gabrielle
Isis2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:26 AM
Supreme Fan

Ahhh, yeah, it's that one! With all the pics from Modern Warfare! I hope you don't mind me using it. It's so shiny and droolable that I just want to stare at my laptop screen all day!

Yeah, I know I have to finish that fanfic! I REALLY want to, believe me! I think I finally know where this next chapter is going, so I might be able to wrap it up there and just make it extra long or split it up again and post 2 chapters instead of one. I don't know yet. I'm still in summer school and I'm working on an article for my internship, so I don't know when I'll write again. Plus, I handwrite my chapters, then type them up later sometimes. I don't know. Writing is just therapeutic that way.

But I'm SO glad you want me to finish it! Hee! I actually just had coffee with the friend I'm writing this for and we were talking about my story and some ideas we both had. That conversation was inspiring alone.

A Jeff/Britta subtitle name would be awesome! I love Greendale Parents or what about This Generation's Sam and Diane or something like that? I don't know. Just throwing another name out there!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Greendale Parents seeing as they've both described themselves as that! Shirley/Pierce are the grandparents, Jeff/Britta are the parents, Abed/Troy/Annie are the kids
Old 07-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Definitely.
Xena ♥ Gabrielle
Old 07-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ahhh, yeah, it's that one! With all the pics from Modern Warfare! I hope you don't mind me using it. It's so shiny and droolable that I just want to stare at my laptop screen all day!
If I knew you'd like it enough to make into a wallpaper, I'd have made it bigger! But thanks. I had to commemorate the best episode of season 1. (Though it's not as amazing as Isis' picspam of the episode. Here if you haven't seen it. And even if you have, go see it again. )

Quote:
Yeah, I know I have to finish that fanfic! I REALLY want to, believe me! I think I finally know where this next chapter is going, so I might be able to wrap it up there and just make it extra long or split it up again and post 2 chapters instead of one. I don't know yet. I'm still in summer school and I'm working on an article for my internship, so I don't know when I'll write again. Plus, I handwrite my chapters, then type them up later sometimes. I don't know. Writing is just therapeutic that way.
You hand write your fics first? Okay, that is insane dedication! I don't think I could do that because 1) I'd get a hand cramp from all the long-winded tangents and non-sequiturs I'd write myself into and 2) I'd be too embarrassed my brother might find my writing.

I hope you do well in your internship and classes so don't worry about me or anyone else rushing you to finish. Maybe I'd prod after a while but I'd never rush. By the way... Isis, I've recently read your fic and I really liked your take on Britta and how her past insecurities influenced her ideas on the Tranny Dance. I guess what I'm saying is, are you planning on doing a follow-up or writing some more?

Also, I like the "Greendale Parents" too. (I'm sure if I had watched, um, I think Cheers, I'd really lean towards Sam and Diane. Or even "Not Ross & Rachel"). Now I have something to put on my newest blank Jeff & Britta banner base. (Nearly symmetrical Jeff/Britta makes me grin.)
Old 07-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Isis, I've recently read your fic and I really liked your take on Britta and how her past insecurities influenced her ideas on the Tranny Dance. I guess what I'm saying is, are you planning on doing a follow-up or writing some more?
Aw, thank you. That's very sweet of you to say. That was a pretty bleak fic, but I can't help but feel like the finale was bleak for poor Britta. As much as I love her and Jeff together, I don't believe she loves him like she said. So I really wanted to explore what would have made her say that, and do the things she did in that episode. I'm so glad you liked it.

As for more, I really have no idea. Maybe, sometime. Never say never.
Xena ♥ Gabrielle
Old 07-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Oh, no! That wallpaper fit my screen perfectly! It didn't need to be any bigger. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LETTING ME USE IT!! I'm sorry I didn't ask first, though. Oops!

Ah, yes. Lovely picspam, Isis! I never get tired of seeing pics/fanarts/fanfics surrounding that episode! Definitely the best episode of the season and quite possibly the best episode of comedic television I've ever seen! SO. MUCH. LOVE.

Well, I don't handwrite all my fics first, but you'll find random pages of fanfic (even bits of my scriptwriting ideas) in my cherry notebook (or wherever else I can store it). Writing is a release and it's therapeutic for me. When I'm writing fics, articles and journalism pieces, I can do some handwriting, but when I'm writing my TV and short film scripts (with the exception of outlines/random ideas), I use a professional scriptwriting software program. It's industry standard stuff. But yeah, some of my fanfics are handwritten first (or at least parts of them).

Gah, I have almost 1000 words of a Tru Calling/Community crossover fanfic done! And I should be studying. Or writing a paper. Or writing another article for my internship. I keep having all of these crossover ideas. I am so scatter brained.

And one of my Film Theory classmates is a Community fan! I don't think she likes Britta much, though. Oh, well.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
(Though it's not as amazing as Isis' picspam of the episode. Here if you haven't seen it. And even if you have, go see it again. )
Oh my. I didn't notice you had linked that. Thank you very much. I meant to link that here, but I guess I forgot.

Quote:
Ah, yes. Lovely picspam, Isis! I never get tired of seeing pics/fanarts/fanfics surrounding that episode! Definitely the best episode of the season and quite possibly the best episode of comedic television I've ever seen! SO. MUCH. LOVE.
Modern Warfare was definitely my favorite episode of the season. And not just for the Jeff/Britta bits. It was just hilarious all the way around.
Xena ♥ Gabrielle
Old 07-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Can I please be added to the shippers list? I love these two together!
Icon: thememoryslides
Laurababora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Gillian Jacobs talking about Britta on the Community Comic-Con panel:
YouTube - NBC's Community Panel at Comic-Con 2010 Part 5

I Gillian a million times over.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Aw.

Thanks for the link!
Xena ♥ Gabrielle
Old 07-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Supreme Fan

Britta's my favorite character and what Gillian said really warmed my heart. Aww indeed.

You're welcome! Anytime.

Zap2It Gillian Interview from Comic Con:
YouTube - Zap2it on the Scene: 'Community's' Gillian Jacobs
"I blush easily." Awww.
"I look at the ceiling a lot."

Another Comic Con interview with Cinema Blend:
Comic Con: Gillian Jacobs Chats With Us About Community

She's amazing. Respect. Love. Everything. Good luck with Season 2, Gillian!

OMG, found a new Jeff/Britta fanvid! Gah, I need to create a new YouTube account so I can add it to my favs! SO GOOD! Great song!
YouTube - Jeff&Britta [a kiss with a fist]
Old 07-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for all the links! I'm so behind on all of the Comic Con videos.
Xena ♥ Gabrielle
Old 07-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Me too!