Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Jeff♥Britta (Community) #2: Because they can't stop imagining and neither can we!

Welcome to the 2nd Jeff/Britta Appreciation Thread!

Reasons & Moments

Because when Jeff first met Abed, he immediately tried to get information about Britta.
Because she noticed he plays Bejeweled on his iPhone.
Because he got her to tell him what her deal was. (Honesty)
Because he was actually honest with her (at first).
Because Jeff lied about the Spanish study group to get close to her.
Because Britta offered to slip out of the study session early with him.
Because he got the study group to turn on each other for a chance to get with her ("Why can't you see that for the compliment that it is?")
Because he thinks she looks like Elizabeth Shue.
Because even though he lied to her, she gave him another chance to rejoin their group.
10. Because he tried to make up for a horrible first impression with a Transformers card.
Because she's the only one who sees right through him with her douche-ray vision.
Because she thinks he's cute... "but selfish and narcissistic to the point of near delusion" ("She thinks I'm cute").
Because he traded his shirt to get teamed on an assignment with Britta (and it backfired).
Because he joined her in the candlelit protest vigil.
Because Britta admitted to Jeff that she was too harsh on him (but then Pierce ruined it).
Because you can only follow a bar mitzvah Transformer's apology card with a Secretary's Day one.
Because he made an idiot out of himself with Pierce, got failed, & made himself undesirable to every girl in Spanish all to impress Britta.
Because after he defended Britta, Abed's father stuck him and Britta with the task of "raising" Abed.
Because in Abed's first student film, he played Abed's father and she played Abed's mother.
20. Because he went after Britta when she left, frustrated at Abed's behavior.
Because Abed's father thought she was his pillow lipped girlfriend (plus she has those "guided missiles").
Because "Honey, let him leave the nest." (And a knee grope!)
Because she was totally gripping his arm before he had his hand on her knee.
Because she owed him a favor after smoothing over the Abed situation and he relished it.
Because she gave him a life changing kiss and helped him pass Professor Whitman's class (They're even!)
Because they walked more than 100 yards together with no awkward pauses. ("That is the sign of a true friend")
Because he initially tried to save Britta from talking to hippie guy, Vaughn.
Because he was happy to talk to someone about the Vaughn situation. (Though he tries to establish he's not jealous)
Because Shirley ships them: "Two cute white people going to school together just seems right."
30. Because after he and Shirley saw Britta and Vaughn kissing, Jeff's unhappy look and vending machine mope disproved his "not jealous" theory.
Because she apologized for being seen kissing him and he tried to wave it off, emphasizing he was her friend. (With tons of awkwardness throughout.)
Because Britta didn't like that Vaughn was being so "relationshippy" (And asked Jeff's advice about it).
Because he was trying hard to listen to Britta's relationship woes for the sake of being a good friend.
Because he couldn't help himself and showed Shirley the poem Vaughn wrote to Britta, so they could totally ridicule him.
Because he was upset that Britta would never forgive him after he and Shirley showed the study group Vaughn's poem. ("Oh my God, my life is Degrassi High.")
Because Shirley's last piece of gossip to Jeff was that Britta confided she had a sex dream about him and he still has a chance with Britta.
Because Jeff really wanted details on the sex dream confession.
Because he apologized to Britta and was willing to swallow his pride and apologize to Vaughn for her.
Because he admitted it was hard to hear her talk about her boyfriend troubles.
40. Because she was way more upset that Jeff broke her trust than the fact that Vaughn broke up with her.
Because she decided he could be the kind of friend who occasionally cat-sits on the friendship scale.
Because if Jeff is ever occasionally naked in her dreams, he won't complain.
Because Jeff immediately recognized Professor Duncan's description of Britta. ("The blonde with the pouty, strident, Cate Blanchett sexuality and the ridiculous name.")
Because Professor Duncan wondered if Jeff and Britta were an item before basically admitting he was interested in her.
Because Jeff insulted his friend and Professor Duncan got the message to back off Britta. (At least until Jeff strikes out.)
Because Jeff had a month long text message affair with a married man after trying the fake number Britta wrote on the study group contact sheet.
Because she was willing to give him her number only if he'd use it for friend purposes. (He declined.)
Because Jeff enjoyed finally being morally above Britta after giving a quarter to a dirty bum.
Because he was willing to be her lawyer for the hearing over concerning her cheating in Spanish.
50. Because she thought he was trying to save her bacon by using his lawyer powers and sending her into fits of grateful arousal.

Because he was actually winning the case until she admitted she did cheat in Spanish class and he kept defending her afterward.
Because she was upset that he'd rather sleep with her than be her friend.
Because after getting over his surprise, he gave a speech about how he'd be thrilled to be her friend but he didn't want to nix the possibility of something more between them.
Because she believed him.
Because she admitted her whole life she had always felt worthless, which is why she didn't think he wanted her friendship and why she cheated.
Because she was mad at him for using the insanity plea and getting her put into counseling but he was just happy she didn't have to get expelled. ("Just glad you're here.")
Because nothing says "I'm a woman" like doing it with Jeff.
Because he wanted to give her the right of first refusal before telling her he was going to ask out his hot statistics professor.
Because she saw Jeff leave Annie's Halloween party and followed him to the faculty party.
60. Because she was impressed with his cowboy costume - specifically the tight pants. ("Yippee ki yay.")
Because she enjoyed getting him all nervous about owning a cowboy outfit.
Because his toy gun was to her head. (Wait what...? 0_o)
Because Shirley was egging her on to get revenge against Professor Slater. (Though it was for her own personal reasons)
Because "That's right professor slim calves, this is what you get when you steal Jeff from a good woman!" ("This" being, "Shirley Potter" ripping off the professor's car antenna.)
Because despite all her protests, in the end, Britta *was* jealous and she gladly broke one of Professor Slater's awards when no one was looking.
Because Shirley thinks of Jeff and Britta as a couple.
Because Britta totally ogled him when he was shirtless and living out of his car.
Because he called her kitten.
Because he was excited to show her what his actual house looked like.
70. Because she believed Jeff losing his fancy condo would encourage him to grow as a person.
Because his silver lining to living in a car? She's attracted to bums. (Or maybe she's showing friendly concern. Either way he's got a hot plate that plugs into his cigarette lighter.)
Because he would never call her a GDB.
Because the charge between them is what keeps him going.
Because Abed wanted her to seduce Jeff with the bowl of milk that is her sexuality.
Because she tried to give him a motivating speech about the superiority of the material things in life (but failed).
Because she stole his Italian faucets and brought it to him just to bring him out of his funk.
Because he pointed out all the work she did just to keep him around again. ("You are way more attracted to me than you are willing to admit.")
Because after returning to normal, Jeff genuinely thanked her for caring.
Because they're always trading looks when someone in their group says/does something weird.
80. Because he was the first to know she was trying to give up cigarettes.
Because she left before she could see Jeff and Annie kiss, thus depriving viewers of some awesome Britta shock and rage. (Or denial. Either way, damn her cigarette cravings!)
Because she was the only one who knew he was hiding something regarding his conversation with Señor Chang.
Because he tried to cut in and dance with Britta at the end.
Because he was going to have breakfast with Britta.
Because she didn't mind that her number was in his phone under "Hot blonde, Spanish class"
Because Pierce's date hinted that Jeff would be better suited with a woman he could converse with and he could do better than ditzy one-night stands. (Britta parallels, much?)
Because Jeff couldn't go through with his one night stand and Pierce reinforced the above with his surprisingly insightful speech about how Jeff has matured.
Because Britta is the first girl in Jeff's phone to actually be called by her name.
Because she liked poking fun at him and his proposed after-school fight by mentioning how gay fighting is.
90. Because she wanted Jeff at Shirley's Christmas party.
Because she was the first one to stand up and defend Jeff and the first to leave the party to see him fight.
Because she gave him a sweet smile afterward at Shirley's Christmas party.
Because "I'm only here because I'm hot for Britta and I don't wanna be anybody's friend."
Because she turned to him for help when trying to avoid having a new group member. (And he slyly lied to sway the votes her way.)
Because they're always sitting next to each other!
Because she has no problem getting into his personal space to playfully pick a brunette hair off him and tease him about sleeping around.
Because Shirley was worried Britta would be upset that Jeff was dating Professor Slater.
Because chasing after her made Jeff a better person and all this time Britta's been "warming him up, and stirring in sweetener, and making him just right."
Because Britta was in denial and insisted Jeff wasn't serious about Professor Slater. ("Do you think Professor Slater's getting flowers right now?")
100. Because when Annie told Britta backstage that Jeff was officially Professor Slater's boyfriend, Britta looked shocked and practically cried.

Because she broke-down on stage when she saw Jeff holding Professor Slater's hand out in the audience.
Because he told her that she was the reason he felt he was ready to have a girlfriend. ("If I can handle having a girl for a friend who's to say I'm not ready for a girlfriend?")
Because he gave her flowers after her dance recital.
Because they're always walking along campus together.
Because he pushed her into scheming and they rocked at it. (Skulking around in bushes, whispering behind closed dorrs, and mimicking each other's moves.)
Because they enjoyed playing cupid together by relaxing on the couch and toasting with colas.
Because they had a fun conversation about babies. ("Do you want kids?" "We'll see. Put on something nice and find me after lunch.")
Because they consider themselves the Greendale parents of the study group. (Complete with Jeff's arm all cozy around Britta's shoulder.)
Because Britta finally revealed her jealousy over Annie and Jeff's debate kiss.
110. Because she totally drunk dialed him and he was virtually giddy over the BCI (Booty Call Intent).
Because when he realized she was genuinely humiliated over the drunken dial, he tried to reassure her and share an embarassing drunken secret about himself.
Because he got drunk with Abed and drunk-dialed Britta back.
Because his drinking montage contained a ton of Britta pictures and drunk!Jeff enjoying himself a little too much with the pictures.
Because Prof. Slater accused Jeff of sleeping with Britta and she was jealous that Jeff went to so much trouble to cheer Britta up.
Because he was stunned when he saw Britta in her gorgeous red dress at the Valentines dance.
Because she got all dressed up and lovey, implying he drunkenly asked her out to the Valentines Day dance, just to make him sweat.
Because when she saw the trouble he was in with his girlfriend, she helped him out.
Because she is his favorite friend and he wants her to be happy.
Because she hugged him and still teased him about his drunken dial.
120. Because when Jeff left with Slater, he turned back to gaze at Britta.
Because she and Jeff shared a rare moment of agreement regarding Abed but he couldn't resist teasing her about her pronunciation of "bagel".
Because we all know she was secretly enjoying naked!Jeff playing pool.
Because she smiled to herself when Jeff told the group that Slater dumped him.
Because she guessed right on why Jeff was bothered by the doctor in pottery class.
Because after he called her a buzzkill she set out to prove him wrong and excitedly told him her April Fool's prank.
Because according to him, her "natural severity" balances out his "gift of levity".
Because she confessed to framing Jeff for her prank before he was pizza cutter'd (but not before Annie head-slammed him into the desk. Twice).
Because he was sorry for calling her the "buzzkill" of the group and admitted she was actually the heart of the group.
Because he likes to celebrate good grades with whip cream, bad rhymes, and Britta.
130. Because they defended each other's honor and teamed up and to try and get back at a bunch of teenagers who insulted them.
Because they were childishly, hilariously excited about getting revenge by having Jeff sleep with the mom of one of the teens.
Because Jeff and Britta have the two most fragile egos in the group. (And with the help of Shirley and Pierce, they finally "beat" the teens.)
Because the whole study group is tired of their constant bickering.
Because according to Abed, they're no Ross & Rachel. ("Your sexual tension and lack of chemistry are putting us all on edge.")
Because they're in complete denial about their feelings. ("There's no Britta and Jeff!" "He said while fully erect.")
Because even during a serious!business paintball war they couldn't stop bickering and annoying their friends.
Because he had her back during the paintball raid in the cafeteria and she returned the favor.
Because they reenacted the wounded soldier fantasy.
Because they tried to laugh off the "sexual tension" accusations right before totally making out.
140. Because they had hot, paintball war sex on the study room table!
Because they were evasive about whether the sex meant anything right afterward.
Because they were the last two standing and shared a passionate kiss goodbye.
Because she sacrificed herself so Jeff could win the paintball war.
Because the next day, they had the awkward "nothing happened" talk and tried to act like everything was normal but Abed noticed that something has changed.
Because he pleasantly surprised Britta by selflessly giving his prize to Shirley for Mother's Day.
Because he all but said he would miss her during summer vacation.
Because he startled her by trying to brush back a lock of her hair and then told her she was too guarded.
Because as soon as Slater showed an interest in wanting to get back together with Jeff, Britta's jealousy kicked started her competition mode.
Because Greendale campus has a Team Britta.
150. Because she told Jeff she loved him in front of everyone at the Tranny Dance.

Supporters

Veiled Vesta
PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
Isis2015
start the chase
SaraHoo!
Jess.S
spadiceous
starryeyed15
trucherrygirl
the echo fades
hlgreenie
Kp1227
Stubborn Tomato
Nightlife_Eyes
Laurababora
royalღcaliber
stlavin95
jayta

Fan Videos
I Wanna Touch You by CrazedCreativity (Multi-fandom)
i'm still a rockstar by onmymindgrapes
but baby, i don't mean it by onmymindgrapes
Lonely by CloakedHestia
How You Make a Boy Feel by Maddy815
Everybody Loves Me by lrx001

Fan Fiction
film review by noblealice
Free Counseling by jdphoenix
Turn Into by tashlae
Friday Night Charades of Youth by isis2015
something like that by tashlae
The Sum of Educated People by cereal
Different Sides To It (or Phone Calls) by CloakedHestia
A Different Kind of Reunion by cherrygurl1225

Fan Art
Isis2015:

Honorary Shippers

Joel McHale (Jeff)
Gillian Jacobs (Britta)
Shirley Bennett
Abed Nadir

Quotes

"His first initial reaction was, hey there's a really hot chick. And she has like an endless, you know, she has all the denim jackets that you can find. And so I think that was his first reaction. And then at the complete rejection of him he was like, ah, a challenge. And then as he got to know her, she was so much more than he expected, which was she was a totally grounded cool person...So that intrigued him, and she really is I think the moral compass of the show."
- Joel McHale on Jeff's relationship with Britta

"He’s hilarious, and then he’s also incredibly sweet to me. I love that they keep referring to him as Ryan Seacrest on the show. I just wish he wasn’t so tall because I’m pretty short so I have to wear heels. But other than his freakish height, I love Joel McHale."
- Gillian Jacobs about Joel McHale

Joel: I trick her which I’m constantly trying to do, pull a fast one over your eyes.
Gillian: But you kind of don’t. I kind of just let you because maybe I like you a little.
- Joel McHale and Gillian Jacobs previewing their new show Community

Previous Thread
Jeff♥Britta #1: "I know a life changing kiss when I see one"

If you want to be added to the supporters list ask or PM the thread starter. If you have any fanart, fanfics, fanvids, or anything regarding this pairing, please feel free to post it!

Last edited by royalღcaliber; 11-22-2017 at 11:59 AM
Veiled Vesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Finally! A new thread!
Xena ♥ Gabrielle
Isis2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

I know! It took me way too long to get the OP up (I spent way too much time on the banners; artist's block) but I'm so glad I got it up before the 4th of July! What better way to celebrate it than with a couple who generate their own snarky sparks.

I'm hoping the other shippers find this thread and post any fanfics or fanart I might've missed while I perused the last thread. And if you or anyone else have any suggestions on how to improve the OP, let me know. Eventually the reasons list will be too long to keep in there... (At least, I hope so. Don't disappoint season 2!)
Old 07-04-2010, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

tftnt! I've been busy lately but I'll try and make the Jeff/Britta Moments art soon
Old 07-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the echo fades (View Post)
I'll try and make the Jeff/Britta Moments art soon
Yay! I love your art!
Xena ♥ Gabrielle
Old 07-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Supreme Fan

*SQUEE* OMG, I LOVE IT!!!!! LOVE THE OP!! WOOT!!

I snagged that middle pic and put it as my desktop wallpaper. SO pretty!

Thanks for posting my fic, Vesta!

Here are my humble fanart contributions. Nothing fancy. I am NOT a fan artist. I just made these for a friend of mine and wanted to share them with other fans to. Credit to FanPop for the pics! It was the first place I could find screencaps and things, so I just went with it.

Kiss the Girl

Sleep tight, squirrel!

Enjoy!

I've also been trying to write some more Jeff/Britta fic, but I got side-tracked by my Community script (finished Act One, though, YAY!!), but hopefully I can get back into fic writing soon.

Anyone have any writing prompts they'd like to share?
Old 07-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Loyal Fan

OMG i love them so much! they are the most awesome couple ever! i wish we could have a paintball-sex-scene every episode!
if there's a shipper list add me please!
Nightlife_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Aw, so cute. I love squirrel!Britta.
Xena ♥ Gabrielle
Old 07-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Hehe, thanks!! I love squirrel Britta, too! And I love that the costume was Gillian's idea. She's so awesome.

Just a quick reminder to all Jeff/Britta fans: Please GO VOTE at the Requests board for Community if you haven't already! Then post in the Community Campaign Thread to let everyone know you have voted! We need all the votes we can get if we want a Community board, so please VOTE!!

Thank you!!
Old 07-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucherrygirl (View Post)
I love squirrel Britta, too! And I love that the costume was Gillian's idea. She's so awesome.
I love that too. And the fact that she committed to carrying that giant acorn around the whole episode.
Xena ♥ Gabrielle
Old 07-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis2015 (View Post)
I love that too. And the fact that she committed to carrying that giant acorn around the whole episode.
Haha, YES!! There's actually a video (I think it's on Hulu?) that Yvette Nicole Brown took during the Halloween episode and Gillian gets "in character" as a squirrel and Yvette's like, "Where's your acorn?" and Gillian says, "I don't know" but in a squirrel/chipmunk kinda voice that is SO precious. I don't know if you've seen that clip, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

What also cracks me up from the Halloween episode is when Britta sees Jeff at the faculty Halloween party and she's surprised that he's wearing a costume and he tells her, "You have to have one to get in here, squirrel."
Old 07-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Addicted Fan

And there's this behind the scenes picture that I've always loved:

Xena ♥ Gabrielle
Old 07-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for adding me .
Old 07-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis2015 (View Post)
And there's this behind the scenes picture that I've always loved:

OMG, I think I remember seeing that! SO badass! I love you, Gillian.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Addicted Fan

It's such a great picture for so many reasons.
Xena ♥ Gabrielle
Reply   Post New Thread