Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2014, 09:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

This is from JoBlo.com or something. I am feeling more and more Team Wendy than Team Jax for who gets the boys after hearing Drea talk. No matter what Jax loses, he just never seems to learn.

When asked where she’d like to see her character go this coming season, she offered this.

"At the moment, I have absolutely no idea where the story is going. I had ideas of her staying clean and keeping **** together for everybody, which would be the complete antithesis of who she was at the beginning of the show. But I don’t know, she’s been so vulnerable and easy to break, I don’t know if she’s going to be able to handle the mayhem and chaos that I’m SURE will ensue as it has in every season. And there’s no Tara here this year. She was my rock. Even though we had our conflicts, I leaned on her. I personally miss her. I miss Maggie, I miss working with her. Whatever Kurt decides is where she should be as far as I’m concerned. I trust him."
Old 08-26-2014, 04:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavonne (View Post)
I keep saying to myself I'm not going to watch season 6 or 7 because of what happened to Tara and what Jax has become and will become because his light (Tara) at the end of the tunnel is gone. There is a part of me that wants to pick up where I left off and see it through to the end - but I'm not sure I can stand to watch Jax like this. Will season 7 be anything except a dark and depressing downward spiral of pain and brutality?
I’m sure that’s exactly what it WILL be for Jax and Tara fans. And yet knowing that? I still have to watch. And that’s all because of Charlie.

Quote:
I enjoyed the first 4 seasons of this show. There was some brutality then but there were some light-hearted moments and family drama that happened to be in a 1%-percenter setting. And yeah, I'm a sucker for romance and a hot-looking hero/anti-hero. The biker drama was interesting. I even thought Gemma was interesting in a "No, she didn't! That woman is a trip and a half!" kind of way. But honestly the Jax/Tara relationship is what kept me coming back. Apparently what's left is a whole lot a brutal killing, an angry desolate Jax, Gemma front and center and getting away with everything as usual and the writing on the wall for a depressing end of the series. Does anyone else think S7 will be just like watching a sinking ship?
I do, and I’m also afraid the captain (Jax) is going to go down with that ship.

Quote:
After Tara's death, is anyone still looking forward to some kind of satisfying end of the story? I'm still really bummed that she was killed and especially bothered by the manner KSutter chose to kill her. And in a way, he killed Jax too. He is dead-man-walking. Not sure I can stand to watch what has become of my pretty season 1 and 2 Jax Teller. No, really not sure I can take that. Anyone else feel the same - or differently?
The only slightly satisfying end to me would be to see Gemma destroyed by Jax the way she’s destroyed him. I’m holding on to the possibility he will get his revenge by taking her out as brutally as she did Tara. I have to hold on to that hope because there’s little else to hope for. It’d be icing on the cake if some of the characters I still like DO survive instead of my previous assumption (based on Hamlet) that only one person would be left standing at the end of this. But only time will tell. The only good thing about this season versus last season for me is that last season I was stressed out and depressed week after week from the worry of Jax and Tara’s deteriorating relationship and what was going to happen between them…would they get their happy ending or not. That option’s gone now so I know it’s going to be depressing and it’s going to be tortuous to see Jax so changed, but at least I won’t be as stressed about the state of their marriage.

Quote:
I like this image of Tara desperately trying pull Jax away. And of course there's the she-devil who won't let go. The season 6 dvd covers are interesting (my current favorite word apparently). I found this online and I think there are different poses on different discs if I'm not wrong. Can anyone who has season 6 already confirm?

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...-1600-1200.jpg
This is my favorite version of the season 6 promos as well…simply because it had Jax and Tara standing close together in it, with her holding onto him for dear life. We can’t tell if he’s got his arm around her or not, but I like to think he does. And I love the expression on Jax’s face like he despises Gemma for holding on to him like she is.

As for the Season 6 DVDs… The DVD cardboard sleeve is of Jax, but once you remove it, the plastic cover is an alternate version of what you posted, with Chibs in the upper left corner, then Bobby beside him, then Gemma in the upper right corner. The next row down, from left to right, is of Tara and Tig. The next row below that one, from left to right, is of Clay and Juice. At the bottom is Jax. Clay has his arm around Jax’s neck with his fist beneath Jax’s chin. The discs are of solo photos. Disc 1’s photo is of Jax, Disc 2 is of Chibs, Disc 3 is of Tig, Disc 4 is of Juice and Disc 5 is of Bobby.

~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty101 (View Post)
It's the preview where that screen cap of Jax and Abel and came from. It has a bunch of quick cuts of scenes in it. There's one where the guys are all in Jax and Tara's house and they're all looking down, kind of circling probably at the person they brought back to the house that's "responsible" for Tara's death. There's also a scene where Jax is beating up some guy in a house while G watches. Another scene where G asks Jax where's he's going, he's driving, to which he responds "I can't see them yet mom, I gotta get clear of what I need to do." I hope it's posted on YouTube so you can see it.
Thank you so much for taking the time to describe this!! I really appreciate it!!!
Quote:
If anyone has iTunes you can download these two videos that preview s7 for free. There's some new footage and interviews in them.
And thank you for this as well!! I do have iTunes and because of your giving us this info, I’m thrilled to say I was able to see it too!!! I can’t thank you enough!!!
~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't_Go_Anywhere (View Post)
I just saw a clearer picture of Jax with Abel and now I'm more than sad. I'm angry. I'm SO angry at Gemma. She did this to them. She is the reason for the sadness that is now her son's future and that of her grandchildren - being raised without their mother.

Oh my goodness, how I need this character to pay in spades for what she has done. That coupled with seeing promos of how she will continue to manipulate everyone and everything to save herself, saying how this "had to happen". I might just want to punch my television set come Sept 9th.
ITA with everything you said and feel the same way. And having been able to watch the "Special Look" video on iTunes (thanks to qwerty101, to see Jax was actually crying as he was spooning Abel and that it looks like Abel was holding Jax’s right hand… OMG there are no words for how sad and angry I’m feeling right now!!! Gemma just HAS to pay!!!

~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulful (View Post)
Thanks for the link
You’re so welcome! Happy to find something to contribute.

Quote:
Just read it and its got nothing new
That’s kind of the way I felt about it, too, after I read it. But there were a few new-to-me things. Like I’d never read anything about his parents before, for example.
Quote:
but I found the most interesting tidbit was this:

"What biker behavior do you have any problems with?
Putting myself in those shoes and trying to understand things like infidelity and sometimes the lack of respect for women. The misogynistic flavor seems pretty prolific in that world, and I’ve always found it a little tricky. That was the flip side of the way I grew up. I had a fierce father but an equally fierce mother who was not having any disrespect to women."
This was definitely my favorite part of the interview, too.

Quote:
He could be talking in general but I feel like he was referring to Jax and Tara. I like that he doesn't admire some of the actions his character has been made to take. Especially screwing that Madame-whats-her-name when it was completely unnecessary.
That’s exactly who and what I’d felt he was referring to as well. The instances of infidelity may not have been many but nevertheless, it always felt so out of character to me for Jax to cheat on Tara. When you loved someone as much as Jax and Tara loved each other, you just don’t DO that. Especially when you know it’s a deal breaker issue. They were soul mates. They’d loved each other more than half their lives. It just never made sense to me for Jax to cheat.

Quote:
Sutter said that the ending won't "please everyone" but I sure hope that doesn't mean that Gemma will once again get away with. Coz even though I have lost faith in his writing I am still hoping that the previews we are seeing where Gemma still seems very much in charge, are all to build up tension for the moment when Jax finally finds out. Death or no death she has to pay.
If Sutter lets Gemma get away with all the crap she’s pulled it will ruin the entire series for many, many fans including myself. I can’t think of a bigger chicken on the show that needs to get cooked.

Quote:
And I have got to stop being so attached to fictional characters
I’m right there with you!!!

~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_2011 (View Post)
Charlie is so articulate! I'm proud of him for saying that. I kinda wish he wrote an episode for the show.
He really is eloquent. I’m proud of him, too. He’s learned to navigate well around Sutter’s ego. But if he had written for the show, I have no doubts it would have reignited problems between him and Sutter. So that’s probably why he never did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_2011 (View Post)
Sutter better kill that woman off if he has any respect for good storytelling. It would be a cop out if he didn't. The critics already have mixed feelings towards him and the show, now is not the time to be edgy and innovative.
This is so very true! What kind of message would it send if she STILL wins at the end. It wouldn’t ring true at all for her not to finally pay for her misdeeds.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Any information on how Unser will be dealing with Tara's death on Sons of Anarchy since his misinformation is what got her killed? — Britt, via Twitter

Although Wayne isn't exactly privy to how his words led to Tara's doom, he's mourning the loss. So much so, in fact, that he even finds a way to help the new sheriff with the murder investigation. Although it's great to see Unser flexing some of his old lawman muscle, there's at least a couple people who certainly don't want Unser digging around. In other words, he better watch his back.

Mega Buzz: Big Diaries Changes, an NCIS: LA Throwdown and a Chicago Fire Accident - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Old 08-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just saw that scene of Jax & Abel in gif form on tumblr and it's even more heartbreaking than the photos. Seeing the tear rolling down Jax's face and his blank, dead stare. As much as he loves his sons, being near them is just a huge reminder of what they have lost. I think that is why Jax does not want to see them as soon as he gets out of jail. That would derail him from what he feels he must do: hunt down and kill the person responsible for Tara's death. I'm glad to see that he does "go home" soon after he gets out. It shows that the Jax that loves his sons and wants to do right by them is still in there.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Any information on how Unser will be dealing with Tara's death on Sons of Anarchy since his misinformation is what got her killed? — Britt, via Twitter

Although Wayne isn't exactly privy to how his words led to Tara's doom, he's mourning the loss. So much so, in fact, that he even finds a way to help the new sheriff with the murder investigation. Although it's great to see Unser flexing some of his old lawman muscle, there's at least a couple people who certainly don't want Unser digging around. In other words, he better watch his back.

Mega Buzz: Big Diaries Changes, an NCIS: LA Throwdown and a Chicago Fire Accident - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Spoiler:
Old 08-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamertwilighter (View Post)

ITA with everything you said and feel the same way. And having been able to watch the "Special Look" video on iTunes (thanks to qwerty101, to see Jax was actually crying as he was spooning Abel and that it looks like Abel was holding Jax’s right hand… OMG there are no words for how sad and angry I’m feeling right now!!! Gemma just HAS to pay!!!
I'm just going to have keep reminding myself that the more conniving and deceitful she is in the cover-up of Tara's murder, the worst things will be for her in the end. She is just digging a deeper and deeper hole for herself and I really hope her son will be the one to throw her in.

I need to keep that hope that she will not get away with it, otherwise, I will not make it through the first few episodes seeing her smug face thinking she has gotten away with it and that what happened (Tara dying) was destined or fated.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:11 AM
New Fan

Aw you guys, this melted my heart! I can't begin to describe how much I love watching Charlie talk about Maggie
Jax & Tara

He said Jax/Tara was the thing on the show he was most proud of... oh my heart :'(
Old 08-27-2014, 02:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries7 (View Post)
This is from JoBlo.com or something. I am feeling more and more Team Wendy than Team Jax for who gets the boys after hearing Drea talk. No matter what Jax loses, he just never seems to learn.

When asked where she’d like to see her character go this coming season, she offered this.

"At the moment, I have absolutely no idea where the story is going. I had ideas of her staying clean and keeping **** together for everybody, which would be the complete antithesis of who she was at the beginning of the show. But I don’t know, she’s been so vulnerable and easy to break, I don’t know if she’s going to be able to handle the mayhem and chaos that I’m SURE will ensue as it has in every season. And there’s no Tara here this year. She was my rock. Even though we had our conflicts, I leaned on her. I personally miss her. I miss Maggie, I miss working with her. Whatever Kurt decides is where she should be as far as I’m concerned. I trust him."
Wow I am loving the insight we are getting from the actors coz in most cases it contradicts the direction their characters have been written. Maybe its because this is the final season so there is a bit more freedom for their thoughts and opinions but either way I am glad coz sometimes I scratch my head at some of the characters' actions.

I haven't seen Drea in anything else but it seems she really gets her character probably better than Sutter himself coz if he hadn't just used her character simply as a pawn in Gemma and Tara's rivalry for Abel and Thomas, I would have probably rooted for her to take the boys this season based on this interview. But until I see how she is faring in s7 I am still on the fence about her role in the boys' lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspeaches (View Post)
Aw you guys, this melted my heart! I can't begin to describe how much I love watching Charlie talk about Maggie
Jax & Tara

He said Jax/Tara was the thing on the show he was most proud of... oh my heart :'(
Omg I need that DVD coz I love how he always says how he is most proud of his work with Maggie I have a feeling he is a secret romantic considering how most of his screen time is actually dedicated to club business and yet he loves the least club related thing on the show But that seriously warms my heart, thank you for link

Don't know if anyone surfs IMdB like I do but I saw this What to Watch episode on the homepage. Charlie is charming as ever and the rest of the cast gives great interviews too

"IMDb: What to Watch" Sons of Anarchy: Part 1 (TV Episode 2014) - IMDb
Old 08-27-2014, 05:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well that IMDB interview really made it clear that Jax is all in with the club. How disappointing. Poor Tara's death meant nothing.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

I wonder what episode they were shooting when that interview was filmed? Katey was sporting a bruise on her face while playing Gemma. Thank you for posting link Soulful!
Old 08-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Another new trailer:

Sons of Anarchy Final Season Trailer : People.com
Old 08-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Loyal Fan

The amazing owner of this tumblr kimtotes.tumblr.com has a great eye and pointed out that Jax is actually stabbing the guy with a weapon similar to the one used on Tara. I also noticed that he's actually stabbing this person in the back of the head. I'm thinking there may be a scene where Jax finds out the details of how Tara died from Patterson or that old man possibly, which was also a suggestion on that tumblr.

Last edited by qwerty101; 08-27-2014 at 07:39 PM
Old 08-28-2014, 06:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

It took me forever because I can never notice these fine details on my tiny MacBook but finally a really clear gif set of the promo was done by someone on tumblr and you are right, it's definitely a meat fork to the back of someone's head. Either if this is a dream or real, Jax knows the details of how Tara died. I really wanted him to know how brutal her death was like some of you said earlier so that when the time came, he would take appropriate action. But of course, the person responsible scathes by once again. And the cycle of violence just continues on.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think Jax kills Nero this season.

If Jax didn't go all in with the club than there wouldn't be a show if he leaves Charming. And remember there is still another huge character development to come, when Jax finds out Gemma was the one who killed Tara. I read that it is really sick and brutal to what he does to the person he thinks killed her, must be that kitchen scene.

Last edited by JTFan1980; 08-28-2014 at 07:22 AM
Old 08-28-2014, 08:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Charlie gave an interview about SOA to JoBlo.com. Here is what he said about season 7:

Jax was in the darkest place he’s ever been in at the end of last season. What has been your mindset going into the new season?

I unfortunately in my life have dealt with bereavement as everyone has. As much as that sucks, it was at least helpful in understanding the pattern of the way bereavement works. And one thing that I kind of talked to Kurt a little bit about was that we wanted to avoid it being all doom and gloom, as much as there is a tendency to really invest in the heartbroken-ness of it. But I thought it might be something equally interesting to juxtapose half of that with a sense of liberation. Because I think one of the things with Jax is that he’s been trying desperately to move in this righteous direction. Partially because he thought that was right, but partially because he had these kind of two guiding stars, of Tara and his father, and he became somewhat disillusioned by what his father was. So by the end of last season it was Tara that was kind of his true north - although there was always a fight. And it’s kind of an abstract idea, but I really like zombie ****, like end-of-the-world apocalypse type narrative and what I think that provides me is that fantasy of liberating oneself from the minutia of everyday life. Like I’m such a *****ing nutcase in feeling like I need to do something with my life, and that I need to be engaged, and the idea of saying goodbye to the desire to do something with one’s life. Or to be a good person or whatever and just say, “***** it, the gloves are coming off, this is who I am and this is what I’m gonna do” is kind of liberating. So for me it’s been a balance of those two things: of course honoring Tara and that relationship and feeling some of that loss and heartache, but also really embracing the freedom of no longer having to be a “good guy” affords Jax, and that sort of comes with losing Tara. So we’ll see how that works out on screen.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread