Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2013, 12:54 AM
Master Fan

I STILL cannot get over this. I honestly never expected Sutter to be this stupid. Every where I look, Tara or non Tara fans, are all furious. Gemma fans are furious. Juice fans are furious. Jax fans, even the ones who hated Tara, are devastated. Nothing and no one came out of this okay. Tara was the last great hope. She was the slim chance Jax would get out, and the very real chance Abel and Thomas would get a different, better life. I just feel devastated that I wasted my time on a show and writer who is more interested in shock value that honoring his own creation/characters. I don't know how anyone could believe Jax will even function after this. Charlie was phenomenal, because I felt not only Tara's death, but Jax's as well. Maybe revenge fuels him for a hot minute, but then what.

I guess all I'm left with is the satisfying vindication of Tara and non-Tara fans all calling Sutter out on this eff up of epic proportions. I doubt he expected his beautiful vision to bring so much vitriol, but after all his trolling this season he deserves it. Why would he even joke about us smiling? Satisfying? I'll never get the image of Jax cradling Tara's dead body out of my mind... Merry Christmas.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:05 AM
Loyal Fan

I feel like this is a dream. So surreal.

Next season is going to be such a snooze. Jax moping around, Jax not giving two hoots about what happens, Juice still breathing, Gemma still breathing. It's tiresome!
I don't think the truth about JT will ever come out. I mean why didn't Nero say something to Jax? Can someone explain that to me?

I have unfollowed Kurt/SOA/Paris so I hope people are yelling abuse. What I can't understand is the people who work on the show and at FX who thought this was a good idea? Do they honestly believe that the show can get better now?
Old 12-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney (View Post)
i still cannot get over this. I honestly never expected sutter to be this stupid. Every where i look, tara or non tara fans, are all furious. Gemma fans are furious. Juice fans are furious. Jax fans, even the ones who hated tara, are devastated. Nothing and no one came out of this okay. Tara was the last great hope. She was the slim chance jax would get out, and the very real chance abel and thomas would get a different, better life. I just feel devastated that i wasted my time on a show and writer who is more interested in shock value that honoring his own creation/characters. I don't know how anyone could believe jax will even function after this. Charlie was phenomenal, because i felt not only tara's death, but jax's as well. Maybe revenge fuels him for a hot minute, but then what.

I guess all i'm left with is the satisfying vindication of tara and non-tara fans all calling sutter out on this eff up of epic proportions. I doubt he expected his beautiful vision to bring so much vitriol, but after all his trolling this season he deserves it. Why would he even joke about us smiling? Satisfying? I'll never get the image of jax cradling tara's dead body out of my mind... Merry christmas.
ICAM.

Quote:
I don't think the truth about JT will ever come out. I mean why didn't Nero say something to Jax? Can someone explain that to me?

I have unfollowed Kurt/SOA/Paris so I hope people are yelling abuse. What I can't understand is the people who work on the show and at FX who thought this was a good idea? Do they honestly believe that the show can get better now?
A TWOPer thinks that Nero will reveal Gemma's role in John Teller's death.

I have unliked and unfollowed them on Facebook. I think that FX grossly miscalculated, and I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to pull a Dallas or some other crazy storyline to salvage this.
Zoie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:21 AM
Master Fan

This is all Kurt Sutter's vision, and SOA has been so successful that they gave him free reign. I don't think they counted on the casual viewer's reaction to Tara's death either. My mom is a casual, can't use the internet and wouldn't want to, offline viewer. She LOVED Tara, and would even defend her when I would get annoyed with some things this season. She watched the Jax/Tara scenes tonight with such relief and happiness. She couldn't fathom anything bad happening to Tara. I warned her. I said just wait for Gemma... we both ended up sobbing at the end, and she was fully on board for never watching another episode. Tara was the only thing keeping this show from being pure violence and misery, and she's gone.

Who wants to watch Jax just completely die inside? I mean I guess we already did, but I'm assuming Sutter intends for Charlie to actually have speaking lines next season, and I don't know how that works. Had the DA not arrived I would not have been shocked if Jax turned the gun on himself. He will never get over or survive this. Let's be honest... He loved his boys, sure, but he loved the family he created with Tara. She was always at the center of that. He was always fine letting them go as long as they had her there as their mother. She was IT for him. She grounded him, sustained him, and like he said tonight - she's who he is. You don't recover from that. You just wither away and die like Opie did. His love for the boys will become a bitter thing probably. All he'll see is Tara, and what he lost and eventually he'll die like Opie did... relieved to be done. I could have handled a Jax death at the end of the series, but Tara should never have been on the table. I don't even care enough to watch Jax murder Juice and Gemma. I'll for sure find those scenes at some point, and watch with glee, but all I can see now is that SOA took two decent people who loved one another, loved their children, and wanted a better life and beat the hell out of them until one died, and the other is headed that way.

No, thanks.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:33 AM
Extreme Fan

I was just lurking around here to be spoiled about this season I had so much trouble to deal with.
I used to count this show in my faves and then S6 arrived and ruined it all.
I still haven't watched the last 2 episodes of this completely out of sense season and I'm not yet sure I will ... what's the point of it now ...
I first intended to buy the complete series on dvd after it ends but now if I buy any season it won't be more than S1 to S5 ... S5 will be and remains the final one for me.
I've also (of course) unfollowed/unliked the show wherever I liked/followed it till now ...
Best female characters : Lorelai(Gilmore girls),Claire(Outlander),Scarlett(Gone with the Wind),Kahlan(Legend of the seeker),Miss Parker(The Pretender),Katniss(The Hunger games),Bones(Bones),Bree (DH),Root (POI),Spencer(PLL),...

Last edited by Nanours; 12-11-2013 at 01:55 AM
Nanours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:34 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitney (View Post)
This is all Kurt Sutter's vision, and SOA has been so successful that they gave him free reign. I don't think they counted on the casual viewer's reaction to Tara's death either. My mom is a casual, can't use the internet and wouldn't want to, offline viewer. She LOVED Tara, and would even defend her when I would get annoyed with some things this season. She watched the Jax/Tara scenes tonight with such relief and happiness. She couldn't fathom anything bad happening to Tara. I warned her. I said just wait for Gemma... we both ended up sobbing at the end, and she was fully on board for never watching another episode. Tara was the only thing keeping this show from being pure violence and misery, and she's gone.

Who wants to watch Jax just completely die inside? I mean I guess we already did, but I'm assuming Sutter intends for Charlie to actually have speaking lines next season, and I don't know how that works. Had the DA not arrived I would not have been shocked if Jax turned the gun on himself. He will never get over or survive this. Let's be honest... He loved his boys, sure, but he loved the family he created with Tara. She was always at the center of that. He was always fine letting them go as long as they had her there as their mother. She was IT for him. She grounded him, sustained him, and like he said tonight - she's who he is. You don't recover from that. You just wither away and die like Opie did. His love for the boys will become a bitter thing probably. All he'll see is Tara, and what he lost and eventually he'll die like Opie did... relieved to be done. I could have handled a Jax death at the end of the series, but Tara should never have been on the table. I don't even care enough to watch Jax murder Juice and Gemma. I'll for sure find those scenes at some point, and watch with glee, but all I can see now is that SOA took two decent people who loved one another, loved their children, and wanted a better life and beat the hell out of them until one died, and the other is headed that way.

No, thanks.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
SOAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoie85 (View Post)

A TWOPer thinks that Nero will reveal Gemma's role in John Teller's death.
I don't care. It's too late now.
Gemma dying or Juice dying won't make any difference. I feel nothing now.
I get that shows have to grow and develop but this show feels like it's going backwards. I actually feel sorry for the actors who are still around. I'm sure some of them wish it was them that died.
With the show having only 1 female character now, will any women still be interested in watching? Dom has always tweeted what a strong demographic the show gets in female viewers. What about all the Tara stans now who wont watch next year. Did Kurt not thing about that? Grrrrrr

Also, where were these reversals? Was it just Nero realising what a nut job Gemma and the club are and aligning with the Mayans? Because that is not good enough in my book.

Whitney - your avatar is breaking my heart...oh god

Last edited by phoenix_2011; 12-11-2013 at 02:54 AM
phoenix_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:35 AM
Loyal Fan

So EW (yeah ) have interviews with Rockmond, Maggie and Theo.

Rockmond

Theo

Maggie

Quote:
Were you told at the beginning of the season that Tara would die?
Kurt Sutter and I sat down and I made a half‑joke because I thought I might be getting killed off. He didn’t respond right away. I was like ‘Oh my God! You’re killing me off!’ He was sort of like well, no. He wasn’t entirely sure yet. There were some things that happened early on in the season with Donal Logue [Editor's note: Logue had to leave early during to scheduling conflict with the History Channel series Vikings] that made life sort of confusing for how this season was going to map out. That was a big plot point that just got lost because he was going to be the main antagonist for the club for the whole season. And so, at least how he explained it to me, he was trying to figure out how to map out the rest of the season. Tara’s death could potentially happen. I knew that Donal going away meant the odds of me dying were greater.

Did you cry?
I maybe did cry a little bit. I think when I sat down with Kurt the second time and he told me yes, this is what we’re doing, I think I actually did cry a little bit. But it was almost more in gratitude than in anything else. It’s been such a long, wonderful journey and I’m very grateful for it. But as an actor, six years of anything is sort of insane. I think that we all are curious and interested in what the rest of our life is. I think all of us have felt the end of the series kind of sneaking up on us over the last year‑and‑a‑half. I think actually when Opie died. It’s sort of like oh, this is really the beginning of the end of our journey singularly, and collectively.

Could you imagine a scenario where Tara wouldn’t die this year?
I think I’ve always felt like it could go one of two ways for Tara. You know, there’s the Ophelia model and then there’s the Tara morphing into Gemma and taking her place and sort of ascending her throne.

What’s it like around here when a character dies?
It’s really surreal. It’s very hard. It’s very hard to imagine it. You know, Ryan Hurst has this whole thing that he’s been talking with Charlie about how you spend all this time trying to embody a character, but nobody ever teaches you how to kill a character.

Talk about Tara’s arc this season.
I think she started the season on a really kind of dark, but strong note, in that once she finds herself in prison, she realizes that she’s going to have to change her reality and that it’s going to take a tremendous effort of will and wiliness, and plotting. She doesn’t have any allies that she can think of and that includes Jax and Gemma. The end of Season 5 was really a rough moment. I think on some deep level, she fundamentally feels like Jax has chosen the club over her and the family.And so, she realizes she’s going to deliver her children to safety. It’s really sad. I mean partly because she’s somebody who did get out at another point in her life, you know, but has slowly found herself, found her way back in and then found that the walls of this prison just sort get higher and thicker. Part of it is her love for this person and for these people and the fact that they’re the only family she knows and the only family she has. In the third or fourth episode she says to Unser, ‘It’s not about me anymore.’ And I’ve been holding onto that throughout the season.

Has Tara been the moral center?
I don’t know. I think it’s interesting the way it’s developed because she definitely was the moral center of the show for a while. I think Kurt used her as a window, through which the audience could experience the club and the life of the club. You could see her loving these people in spite of herself, in spite of knowing better. I think she remained a moral center in that she continues to be one of the only in the world who experiences real emotional conflict around the violence and the difficulty and the pain of the life and wanting something better for her children.

It’s been pretty dark this year.
Every year I feel like I said oh, it’s just getting worse and worse. But it does. Kurt Sutter sort of escalates the violence. Every episode people die. But, you know, as the seasons have progressed there have been like these heart‑wrenching losses that have to do with the people that we lose within the club or within the family — the things that happen within that family that we’re following. Every season has been more horrible than the one that’s preceded it and this one is no exception.

What has this role meant to your career?
I really was a theater rat — and I say that in the most affectionate sense — for most of my career until I came out here to do the first season of Mad Men. Then I went straight into this. So, my whole life just kind of changed. Having a job that lasts this long provides an incredible amount of stability for an actor especially if you’re coming from the theater where stability is not really part of your vocabulary. This show and like the world of this show is so far removed from what I could ever have really imagined for myself for a whole host of reasons. During our first read‑through, I walked in and I was like what am I doing here? Like I was looking around like at Boone and Kim and, you know, all these like big, scary, burly‑looking character dudes. And I was like what the hell? It’s been a really interesting journey for me. And I’ve never entirely felt like I fit into the world or familial. And that’s been the tension of my life on the show. Although I, Maggie, felt incredibly loved and embraced by everybody.

What’s next for you?
Theater’s a huge part of my life and I’ll never stop doing that. I’ll probably take a little time. I’d love to do some more independent film projects for a little while. And I would love to find another great cable show because I feel like that’s the kind of thing that the gift of being on a show that is — has such high quality of writing and acting and directing.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:00 AM
Loyal Fan

-

Last edited by Kristin92781; 12-24-2013 at 05:21 AM
Kristin92781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin92781 (View Post)

I know I said I would never give this show up, but right now, I am so incredibly glad that I have an 8 month wait because I just couldn't handle any more SOA right now. I will watch next season, because, I do still love Jax and I need to see where his story ends. Although, now I am more confused than ever, because I just don't know how they could kill him off and leave those poor boys orphans .. I know I wont be staying up late and watching live any more. I just cant. I will have to do it on a recorded basis from now on.
You're brave! I give you props for wanting to keep watching.

Kurt needs to stop talking. I, stupidly read his interview with THR and just wanted to bang my head against a wall. I'm not going to post a link because I feel dumb for reading it.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:16 AM
New Fan

Never posted in this forum before -- but after that season finale, it just left a BAD taste in my mouth. I feel like they've crossed a line that needn't be crossed.

If Tara's death is a necessary element that leads to the series denouement, then….OK. That in itself is hard to swallow as I was holding out hope that her character was Hamlet's Horatio, but seeing as there aren't many character's left standing in the end, and Sons is 'supposed' to follow in that direction, then I guess I could say it was on the cards. But it's just the HOW and the WHO that I just can't seem to make peace with.

I love this show. I've never been overly critical of it till now. And Gemma has never been a character I disliked. I can't say I felt the same affection for her as I did Tara, but I liked her. Now, that's been replaced. Whatever sympathy and understanding I felt in the past means absolutely nothing. All I have is hate for Gemma. Vehement hate. I want to see her die. Immediately. And I hate that I feel that way. If Gemma was always meant to be the one to kill Tara (would never think I'd write that sentence!) then why not choose the moment just after Eli leaves Tara alone in her house, and she's smiling knowing that she and her sons will be okay, and she's killed by a bullet to the head? Like American Beauty style. At least that way she died with a smile on her face. God knows Gemma has the hardware!
But I digress, I'll never be able to rationalise, or soothe, or mitigate any of it. I am furious! What a sad, regrettable end, to a good courageous character.
And Gemma's too, to an extent.

Anyway, just some thoughts from first time poster.
Cheers.
lilness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

*The following is one hell of a rant. You have been warned (I am just so emotional)*

Jesus effing Christ!!!

I have long defended Kurt even when I knew some of his decisions were just whacko (S3 craziness) But for the love of God could he not just give me this 1 thing!!!

I feel like analysing this will just waste my time. Jesus christ I don't even know what to say Mr Sutter I am afraid I don't see your vision or bigger picture or whatever goes on in that crazy head, coz seriously WHY??

There is nothing worse than actually giving people hope and then shoving it right back in their faces with such brutality! And in just under 2 freaken hours! I feel soo cheated! Like I invested in something and got no return. SOA had literally become a ritual for me. Every Wednesday (I am in OZ) for 3 months this was the show to watch and nothing else compared to it. It wasn't because it was a gritty Tv show or the writing or the biker craziness (well partly) But I Loved SOA because of Jax and Tara. Mention SOA and I think of the biker and the doctor.

And now...R.I.P Maggie Siff, you were a superb, tremendous, amazing, fantastic, mesmering, beautiful (the list goes on) actress who got me hooked to this awesome fictional character.

I am usually not quick to hate on Kurt's decisions but man has he really effed up! Yes I get it Jax has to suffer to find redemption but could you not just have him go to jail, let his family go (including TARA!!) and then have him die at the end as a form of redemption?! Once again Sutter completely surprises me but this time he is not getting any kudos from me.I could go on but I feel like I am just wasting my breath coz Kurt is probably laughing his head off at our misery.

But seriously there is nothing to look forward to in S7! The new partners in crime will obviously be playing cat and mouse with Jax for a little while but we all know that Jax is gonna catch them and obviously kill them but who the heck wants to see that week in-week out for 13 weeks? All the suspense and sense of dread has just been taken out for me and no matter how much twisting and turning Kurt does (which will obviously involve the homeless woman) next season there is nothing that will make me enjoy this anymore. However unlike most I will still watch but only because I never leave a show halfway. I always finish to see how it ties up.

Anyway once again goodbye Maggie, can't wait to see you on another great show (may I suggest Boardwalk Empire - yes she might also get killed but Maggie can totally pull off that period look considering she has been in Mad Men ) and I hope this time you will be the lead coz in my eyes you will always be No.1 (not she who shall not be named). Thank you for every smile, laugh, tear I have ever shed because I feel that none of that was a wasted effort. Thanks for making me fall in love with a fictional character and couple and giving me something to distract me from the drags of life And to Charlie...there is just 13 more episodes and this **** will be over. Stay strong.

Okay I think thats it for now but I just wanted to say that Kurt sure knows how to foreshadow...remember S1 episode 8, I think in which Tara told Jax that she knew Gemma wanted her dead?

If I am ever to recommend SOA it is S1-5 (excluding the last episode of S5) because no one deserves to go through the **** we just went through.

But I am still gonna be lurking to hear what you lovely ladies have to say. For those who are departing its been really great to have a support system I really needed it considering the constant heart attack our couple went through.

Last edited by Soulful; 12-11-2013 at 07:13 AM
Soulful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so done with Sons of Anarchy now. This was the last drop for me. Way to go Kurt Sutter, you've single handedly ruined the show. I'm out.
tranquility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

I would have liked it if the show ended with Jax giving himself up to free Tara, and the hope that they will reunite in 25 years. But this was just awful, I couldn't sleep at all last night. So happy I don't work today. I am still disgusted by how she died, it was too graphic.

I didn't know that Ophelia died by drowning? So I guess it wasn't by accident that they had Tara dying by Gemma drowning her.
JTFan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilness (View Post)
Never posted in this forum before -- but after that season finale, it just left a BAD taste in my mouth. I feel like they've crossed a line that needn't be crossed.

If Tara's death is a necessary element that leads to the series denouement, then….OK. That in itself is hard to swallow as I was holding out hope that her character was Hamlet's Horatio, but seeing as there aren't many character's left standing in the end, and Sons is 'supposed' to follow in that direction, then I guess I could say it was on the cards. But it's just the HOW and the WHO that I just can't seem to make peace with.

I love this show. I've never been overly critical of it till now. And Gemma has never been a character I disliked. I can't say I felt the same affection for her as I did Tara, but I liked her. Now, that's been replaced. Whatever sympathy and understanding I felt in the past means absolutely nothing. All I have is hate for Gemma. Vehement hate. I want to see her die. Immediately. And I hate that I feel that way. If Gemma was always meant to be the one to kill Tara (would never think I'd write that sentence!) then why not choose the moment just after Eli leaves Tara alone in her house, and she's smiling knowing that she and her sons will be okay, and she's killed by a bullet to the head? Like American Beauty style. At least that way she died with a smile on her face. God knows Gemma has the hardware!
But I digress, I'll never be able to rationalise, or soothe, or mitigate any of it. I am furious! What a sad, regrettable end, to a good courageous character.
And Gemma's too, to an extent.

Anyway, just some thoughts from first time poster.
Cheers.
Sutter is probably going to spin this as "the thing that will force Jax to look at who he has become and how far he has fallen..." some bull**** like that coz to him its all part of the story and how that shapes Jax

Somehow I feel like even hating her wastes my energy. I think I am going to concentrate all that energy on mourning Tara Coz like you said it was also actually sad end to Gemma too. For me no matter what crazy stunt she pulled I always thought underneath all that hate she seemed to have for Tara that was some part of her that loved Tara and wasn't so blinded by the hate that she would do something like this. Right now there is no rational reason I can come up with to explain why Gemma would go to such an extent, even if she was blinded by rage and anger, other than that the writers just wanted to shock us! And for me that is more disappointing because from the start I always held SOA in such high esteem because it never went for shock value. All the violence somehow always gelled with the world and was almost true to how people living in that culture would live. But this...I am sorry I am still ranting but there is just something so wrong about the direction Kurt has taken SOA to this season.
Soulful is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread