Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

JaxღTara (Sons of Anarchy) #69: "We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else."

Jackson "Jax" Teller Played by Charlie Hunnam
Jax Teller is the Vice President of the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club's Redwood Original (SAMCRO) chapter based in Charming, California. Jax met Tara Knowles in high school and the two fell madly in love. Their relationship is described by Jax as being "Crazy ****. That I-gotta-be-with-you-every-minute-or-I’m-gonna-kill-myself type of crazy". At 19 Tara chose to leave Charming and Jax chose to stay and focus on the club. Jax married Wendy, but after limited periods of sobriety, he finally left her. Jax and Tara's paths cross again when Tara becomes the attending physician when his son, Abel, is born. Jax never forgot Tara and admits that he married Wendy because he was tired of the endless disconnect and that her face was the only face he saw when he was with other women. Before long, tentative flirting gave way to feelings that had never gone away.

Dr. Tara Knowles Played by Maggie Siff
Tara Knowles is a native of Charming, California and was Jax Teller's high school girlfriend. Their relationship was so intense, that during this era she got a crow tattoo on her lower back representing her connection to SAMCRO. Tara was the youngest woman to ever be branded with the crow. She was arrested in Jax's company at least three times and eventaually chose to leave town, trying to get away from small-town life and the influence of the club. Tara returns to Charming a decade later, but is no longer the trouble teen. She is now a respected surgeon and volunteers her help when Jax's son is born prematurely. Despite wanting to seperate herself from Jax and the club, their passion flames, their chemistry collides and destiny pushes them right back to where they started - with each other.
A Real FamilyKnowles-Teller
Throughout the seasons, Jax and Tara navigate the minefield of their relationship. They eventually move in together, calling Jax's house home. Tara becomes his Old Lady and mother to Abel. The consquences of living in Charming and being involved with the club throw many obstacles at them, but despite a thirteen month seperation, Tara gives birth to their son Thomas and the couple celebrate their engagement.
While the future holds danger for the Knowles-Teller family, Jax and Tara are stronger than ever and committed to raising their two boys in a happy and safe home.

The Quotes
The New York Times' series-premiere review of SoA remarked on the "chemistry" between Jax and Tara, and described the character as "beautiful, refined and book-smart."

"I think Jax is not running away, and he is committed to Tara, and he's not looking for something outside of the life" - Kurt Sutter

Entertainment Weekly described Tara as "in smoldering love with Jax..."

"I think that the whole thing that played out with Tara, in the first half of the season...that was him needing to distance himself from her, because he didn't want the responsibility of potentially hurting somebody else the way he felt he hurt Abel. That fear is why he pushed her away and ultimately why—whether consciously or unconsciously—he went to the deal breaker, which was somebody else. And got his wish. But when he finds out she's pregnant, [together with] the consequences that she goes through and the changes that happen with her [because of the pregnancy and kidnapping], ultimately those dire circumstances bring them back together. He feels like, 'I'm not going to let anything like what happened to Abel happen again,' which is why I think he's consciously making those darker, life-altering decisions that he makes in the finale — so that nothing like that happens again." - Kurt Sutter

Maggie Siff on "What do you like most about Tara?"
"The thing that she shares with the rest of the world is the thing I like – she’s fiercely loyal. She’s passionately in love with this man and her attraction to the people in this family – which is really the only family she knows – is very, very strong. She ends up going to great lengths for them even she knows it’s against her better judgment some of the time. She’s also really smart, so when push comes to shove, she manages to navigate complicated situations. When I get to engage her passion and intelligence at the same time is when Tara is at her best.

Re: their scene in 4x08
"The scene was masterfully acted by Charlie Hunnam and Maggie Siff, who knew that the most important aspect of that moment was the unspoken bond between the couple, and they skillfully underplayed but paid full respect to the couple’s vivid emotions." Maureen Ryan AOLTV

The FanVids
A Drop In The Ocean||In My Veins
It Is What It Is||You Changed The World
I Wish I Could Be||Bad Romance
Absolute||In Love With A Girl
Love The Way You Lie||Hold On Don't Be Scared
To the only man she knows loves her enough to protect her
Ring My Bells||I Will Love You
All I need||Everything Changes
Wake Up Call ||Kissing You
Everything||Colorblind
Run This Town

TheProposal

I love you, Tara. I’ve loved you since I was sixteen.
You stayed when anyone else would’ve bailed. You’ve given me a beautiful son, taken Abel on as your own…
I realized you being with me it’s not some kind of accident.
It sounds crazy, but I think you were put into my life to get me out. Fifteen years ago, and now.
I’m gonna finish up with SAMCRO, then we’re gonna take our boys and we’re gonna get the hell out of here.
Start fresh somewhere.
Be a real family.

Possible Future Titles
"Are we crazy? " - "Can I answer that later?"
"I love you" - "I love you too"
Two bad mofo's in love

The Shippers
01. mylu 02. Flame.of.love 03. Nightlife_Eyes 04. jules166
05. Evil Poptart 06. locketlove 07. Angelax 08. Denise
09. MsDelusional 10. prettytinydots 11. marmuzetka 12. Dingbat
13. Heddan 14. OliviaR 15. fall like stars 16. bklynbella
17. AudreytheQueen 18. Zoie8519. Nessa_V 20. blair4eva
21. AmandaB22. messy_redhead 23. memory91 24. skje
25. CaseyCappie 26. - Nina - 27. niam 28. ryanforever
29. Mavonne 30. AragornsQueen 31. luckynori 32. Jax527
Liliya 34. Laurababora 35. phoenix_2011 36. Eve Levine
37. Aurelia 38. VDStar 39. Vengeance_n_luv 40. ScarlettOHara
41. star77 42. Bella Cullen 43. candycane13 44. lizzy13132003
45. tvchick119146. Kitty230 47. <Marina> 48. Something More
49. NaleyChick101 50. B. Chambers 51. swadde 52. heavenly_vixen
53. Seek&Destroy 54. Bambi 55. madbunny911 56. jacey2
57. shortycm18 58. Lexipedia 59. MusicInMySoul 60. Megan2007
61. clementine08 62. anni94 63. quin611 64. Melanie95
65._Chryso_ 66.kfrancis08. 67. Lelly 68. sherrilynn
69. FrannyLuvsAll 70. jasam4life 71. elliegrace 72.Chambre
73. domiliefan 74. givelovesolong 75. izzycat2117 76. winchesterboyz
77. soagirl 78. dareyou

--- If you would like to be added, just ask ---
Old 04-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Given the new thread title, I couldn't not post something from 03x01. Maggie was just phenomenal the entire episode season.

And bringing over Lucky's last post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynori (View Post)
We need a new thread because there are new pictures!!! From Dom Pagone's Twitter, the cast is doing a photoshoot for Emmy magazine.

ETA: Is Ryan serious with these arms. Come on man...

They're so huge! And just out-of-this-world, crazy sexy.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

And was that Naz, I saw in the old thread. I was so excited about the new pics I forgot to say Hey. So, Hey Lady!

Dom Pagone said that Kim and Maggie are out of town and that's why they weren't at the shoot

a gemma teller morrow appreciation blog
Old 04-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Those are great pics! Tommy looks good and like he's lost some weight! And yes, Ryan's arms...

Naz!!! so glad you're back!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Absolute Fan

My ladies my Evie Lucky

Isn't Charlie looking yummy?!!!! When do we expect the premiere? Or is it wayyyy too early to be asking that?

TFTNT!! Almost 70!!!

OT: Eve, is that Wash & Zoe from Firefly? One of my fave shows of all time!!
Spartacus: Gannicus & Sibyl

Naz
Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Naz it is Zoe and Wash! They, and all thing Firefly, rock my world. I love every single character, but these two just slay me. I was feeling nostalgic yesterday and changed it up from my recent run of Fiona Gallagher avatars.

If everything goes the way it usually does, we'll see Sons premiere on Tuesday, September 4th, but I don't know if that has been officially released. They haven't started filming yet, so the info about the season is sparse.

Spoiler:

Charlie is always yummy but I have to admit I'm missing the beard a little bit.

ETA- Night ladies!

Last edited by Eve Levine; 04-26-2012 at 11:00 PM
Old 04-27-2012, 06:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Dom Pagone said that Kim and Maggie are out of town and that's why they weren't at the shoot
No Maggie? She and Charlie would have probably posed together

But MY Tommy is looking fiiiiine.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi Girls

My, oh My, Charlie is such a good looking boy. But I can't help but wonder if we're ever going to see that sexy as hell long hair again???

Wish Maggie had been at the photoshoot.

Because to me... it's poetry
Old 04-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Me too, Ally.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Love that pic. God, the love between them is palpable.

Because to me... it's poetry
Old 04-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Seriously, how the hell do you cut a question for the "Ask a Question" section on Kurt's site down to 100 characters or less? It's pretty much impossible.

From Maggie's episode of "3 lbs" in 2006, 'The God Spot':

ETA: So, I'm not sure how many of you have had a good look around Kurt's new site, but navigating it today, I came across this blurb for the forthcoming season:

"Jackson 'Jax' Teller (Charlie Hunnam) is the newly-appointed President of the MC, Gemma Teller Morrow (Katey Sagal) is Jax's force of nature mother, Clarence 'Clay' Morrow (Ron Perlman) is Jax's stepfather and former President of the club and Dr. Tara Knowles (Maggie Siff) is Jax's high school sweetheart and the mother of his second son.

This season begins with Jax at the head of the table as SAMCRO's President. With Clay's role in the club undefined and the threat of RICO still looming, Jax has to navigate his way through the perils of protecting his family and saving his club. Tig's misguided murder of Damon Pope's daughter will draw SAMCRO into yet another war it should have avoided. And Gemma is faced with a new chapter in her life, one without Clay and with a reduced role in club and Jax's family affairs. Tara, meanwhile, is dealing with the loss of her livelihood and what that means for her."

That last line really has me wanting to know what Kurt has planned in regards to the direction of Tara's career...

The new WTFSutter is up, too:

Where Kurt's at?
  • draft for 503 has been submitted, now waiting on network feedback
  • almost finished breaking 506
  • drafts of 504 and 505 have been written -- Kurt will start his draft of 504 on Monday, probably
  • had a "lovely" meeting with Charlie today, gearing up for the return to work
  • still casting Damon Pope, getting close on someone, and hoping to close a deal in the next few days

Last edited by givelovesolong; 05-29-2012 at 06:49 AM
Old 04-29-2012, 08:33 AM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT!

{{{Naz!!}}} You’re back!

And I freaking loved Firefly which I didn’t even discover until almost 10 years after it had been cancelled. I was enraged after watching the fourteenth episode and knowing there were no more. I will never forgive FOX for this. Never.

Love the photo shoot with the cast. They’re getting revved up for the new season, huh? Whoo-hooo!

So Charlie/Jax is growing his hair back? It looks thicker now – moving away from the jailhouse buzz cut. Why do I have the sinking feeling he won’t grow it as long as his season 1/2 length? Oh well, he’s still yummy!

Maggie looks so cute making that face. Perhaps there’s too much serious stuff going on but I want there something for Tara and Jax to laugh about together again.

Oh please, oh please let Idris Elba be Damon Pope! After watching his British show Luther, I am enchanted with this man.

I noticed something a tad disconcerting in ff.net. Why do some authors say “Don’t like it, don’t read it” in their summary? It sounds downright hostile and unwelcoming even if a reader is willing to give a different ship or a different kind of story a chance. I’ve got an SOA story in mind that I started daydreaming about and it seems to have some unpopular “-isms”, garystu/marysue elements, some character deaths and a rather farfetched ending. It might be a crackfic. I’m thinking it would be fun for me to write – although I’m not sure how much fun it would be for someone to read! And while I’d give some kind of warning that the fic might be weird, I would never say after summarizing “Don’t like it, don’t read it.” I think it’s rude. Okay, I had to vent that.

Last edited by Mavonne; 04-29-2012 at 08:54 AM Reason: misspelling
Old 04-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Those are great pics from that other show! Her hair is amazing! But that's nothing new, it always looks fabulous.

Bree- That blurb does seem pretty ominous. I'm really trying not to think too hard about Tara's future. I was pretty crushed when Tara's hand was damaged because I thought it took away from the character the one thing that was uniquely hers that didn't stem from Jax's life. But they way they spun her grief and rage, going to a place where Jax seemed a little worried about her sanity, was interesting to watch. I'm thinking it's going to be a pretty angsty season for the two of them, but every season for them (except maybe season 2) has been angsty, so again I'm going to try and go along for the ride. Maybe season 5 Tara will be as surprising as she was in "To Be Act 1" when she shocked the hell out of Jax and Gemma by offering them Clay's murder weapon. An unhinged Tara could be a pretty interesting one.

ETA: Mav!

Quote:
And I freaking loved Firefly which I didn’t even discover until almost 10 years after it had been cancelled. I was enraged after watching the fourteenth episode and knowing there were no more. I will never forgive FOX for this. Never.
Me neither. I'll never forgive FOX. Did you watch the follow up movie Serenity? It's a good movie and it ties up the loose ends of the Firefly story.

And you know, I just wrote a whole paragraph about trying to be okay with the fallout of Tara's hand damage, but yeah, I would like to see them laughing and enjoying themselves as well.

And yes, Idris Elba for the win! I am all aboard that train. These whispers of Forrest Whittaker are doing nothing for me. Don't get me wrong, he's brilliant, but he's another Shield alum, so he's like the safest of safe choices.

Quote:
I noticed something a tad disconcerting in ff.net. Why do some authors say “Don’t like it, don’t read it” in their summary? It sounds downright hostile and unwelcoming even if a reader is willing to give a different ship or a different kind of story a chance. I’ve got an SOA story in mind that I started daydreaming about and it seems to have some unpopular “-isms”, garystu/marysue elements, some character deaths and a rather farfetched ending. It might be a crackfic. I’m thinking it would be fun for me to write – although I’m not sure how much fun it would be for someone to read! And while I’d give some kind of warning that the fic might be weird, I would never say after summaring “Don’t like it, don’t read it.” I think it’s rude. Okay, I had to vent that.
I agree that is totally rude to put in the summary of a fic. I've never read a single fic with that in the summary. It just puts me off. On the flip side, I've seen authors completely blasted in their reviews because they didn't fully indicate where they were straying from canon and where they were not, and the reader ended up feeling ripped off. In the one time I investigated Twilight fanfic there was a Bella/Jasper fic at the top and I came upon a review of the story calling the author a bad person who was "cruel" and had no respect for fans of the Bella/Jasper pairing because at one point in the fic, Jasper sleeps with Alice (who is his canon soulmate). It was really over the top and I haven't looked at another since. After reading that, I wondered if the "don't like it, don't read it" authors had themselves been blasted by angry fangirls for not giving the reader what they wanted. I don't know, it's weird.

Last edited by Eve Levine; 04-29-2012 at 09:13 AM
Old 04-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And Gemma is faced with a new chapter in her life, one without Clay and with a reduced role in club and Jax's family affairs.
I like this part. I wonder how she's going to handle it.

Quote:
Tara, meanwhile, is dealing with the loss of her livelihood and what that means for her."
Egad! Sounds both ominous and interesting. I wonder if she's going to go kinda phsyco!Gemma, not completely, but now that she doesn't have her career as her safety net, will she take on more of the Biker Queen role 'cause she has nothing left to define her?
Old 04-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve Levine (View Post)
Did you watch the follow up movie Serenity? It's a good movie and it ties up the loose ends of the Firefly story.

These whispers of Forrest Whittaker are doing nothing for me. Don't get me wrong, he's brilliant, but he's another Shield alum, so he's like the safest of safe choices.

I wondered if the "don't like it, don't read it" authors had themselves been blasted by angry fangirls for not giving the reader what they wanted. I don't know, it's weird.
Yes, I've seen Serenity and liked it except for two events. I was like, "Wha-? So the dynamic is ruined for the upcoming films!" But there haven't been any and I don't think there will be. And I wasn't satisfied with Mal and Inara. There were hints that the relationship would be developed but those hints were crumbs. Fanfic is my only recourse now. *le sigh* FOX, I'm coming to get you! Okay, I'm calm again....

Eve, I think you're right about those authors probably being on the tail end of rabid fans' abuse, but I'd rather not offend rational prospective readers by going on the defensive in the summary.

Oh, and I love Forrest Whitaker but I'm not feeling him for this role either.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top