Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2011, 02:00 AM
Extreme Fan

JaxღTara (Sons of Anarchy) #58: "I can take care of his heart."

Jackson "Jax" Teller Played by Charlie Hunnam
Jax Teller is the Vice President of the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club's Redwood Original (SAMCRO) chapter based in Charming, California. Jax met Tara Knowles in high school and the two fell madly in love. Their relationship is described by Jax as being "Crazy ****. That I-gotta-be-with-you-every-minute-or-I’m-gonna-kill-myself type of crazy". At 19 Tara chose to leave Charming and Jax chose to stay and focus on the club. Jax married Wendy, but after limited periods of sobriety, he finally left her. Jax and Tara's paths cross again when Tara becomes the attending physician when his son, Abel, is born. Jax never forgot Tara and admits that he married Wendy because he was tired of the endless disconnect and that her face was the only face he saw when he was with other women. Before long, tentative flirting gave way to feelings that had never gone away.

Dr. Tara Knowles Played by Maggie Siff
Tara Knowles is a native of Charming, California and was Jax Teller's high school girlfriend. Their relationship was so intense, that during this era she got a crow tattoo on her lower back representing her connection to SAMCRO. Tara was the youngest woman to ever be branded with the crow. She was arrested in Jax's company at least three times and eventaually chose to leave town, trying to get away from small-town life and the influence of the club. Tara returns to Charming a decade later, but is no longer the trouble teen. She is now a respected surgeon and volunteers her help when Jax's son is born prematurely. Despite wanting to seperate herself from Jax and the club, their passion flames, their chemistry collides and destiny pushes them right back to where they started - with each other.
A Real FamilyKnowles-Teller
Throughout the seasons, Jax and Tara navigate the minefield of their relationship. They eventually move in together, calling Jax's house home. Tara becomes his Old Lady and mother to Abel. The consquences of living in Charming and being involved with the club throw many obstacles at them, but despite a thirteen month seperation, Tara gives birth to their son Thomas and the couple celebrate their engagement.
While the future holds danger for the Knowles-Teller family, Jax and Tara are stronger than ever and committed to raising their two boys in a happy and safe home.

The Quotes
The New York Times' series-premiere review of SoA remarked on the "chemistry" between Jax and Tara, and described the character as "beautiful, refined and book-smart."

"I think Jax is not running away, and he is committed to Tara, and he's not looking for something outside of the life" - Kurt Sutter

Entertainment Weekly described Tara as "in smoldering love with Jax..."

"I think that the whole thing that played out with Tara, in the first half of the season...that was him needing to distance himself from her, because he didn't want the responsibility of potentially hurting somebody else the way he felt he hurt Abel. That fear is why he pushed her away and ultimately why—whether consciously or unconsciously—he went to the deal breaker, which was somebody else. And got his wish. But when he finds out she's pregnant, [together with] the consequences that she goes through and the changes that happen with her [because of the pregnancy and kidnapping], ultimately those dire circumstances bring them back together. He feels like, 'I'm not going to let anything like what happened to Abel happen again,' which is why I think he's consciously making those darker, life-altering decisions that he makes in the finale — so that nothing like that happens again." - Kurt Sutter

Maggie Siff on "What do you like most about Tara?"
"The thing that she shares with the rest of the world is the thing I like – she’s fiercely loyal. She’s passionately in love with this man and her attraction to the people in this family – which is really the only family she knows – is very, very strong. She ends up going to great lengths for them even she knows it’s against her better judgment some of the time. She’s also really smart, so when push comes to shove, she manages to navigate complicated situations. When I get to engage her passion and intelligence at the same time is when Tara is at her best.

Re: their scene in 4x08
"The scene was masterfully acted by Charlie Hunnam and Maggie Siff, who knew that the most important aspect of that moment was the unspoken bond between the couple, and they skillfully underplayed but paid full respect to the couple’s vivid emotions." Maureen Ryan AOLTV

The FanVids
A Drop In The Ocean||In My Veins
It Is What It Is||You Changed The World
I Wish I Could Be||Bad Romance
Absolute||In Love With A Girl
Love The Way You Lie||Hold On Don't Be Scared
To the only man she knows loves her enough to protect her
Ring My Bells||I Will Love You
All I need||Everything Changes
Wake Up Call ||Kissing You
Everything||Colorblind
Run This Town

TheProposal

I love you, Tara. I’ve loved you since I was sixteen.
You stayed when anyone else would’ve bailed. You’ve given me a beautiful son, taken Abel on as your own…
I realized you being with me it’s not some kind of accident.
It sounds crazy, but I think you were put into my life to get me out. Fifteen years ago, and now.
I’m gonna finish up with SAMCRO, then we’re gonna take our boys and we’re gonna get the hell out of here.
Start fresh somewhere.
Be a real family.

Possible Future Titles
"Are we crazy? " - "Can I answer that later?"
"I love you" - "I love you too"
Two bad mofo's in love
“We don’t know who we are until we are connected to someone else."

The Shippers
01. mylu 02. Flame.of.love 03. Nightlife_Eyes 04. jules166
05. Evil Poptart 06. locketlove 07. Angelax 08. Denise
09. MsDelusional 10. prettytinydots 11. marmuzetka 12. Dingbat
13. Heddan 14. OliviaR 15. fall like stars 16. bklynbella
17. AudreytheQueen 18. Zoie8519. Nessa_V 20. blair4eva
21. AmandaB22. messy_redhead 23. memory91 24. skje
25. CaseyCappie 26. - Nina - 27. niam 28. ryanforever
29. Mavonne 30. AragornsQueen 31. luckynori 32. Jax527
Liliya 34. Laurababora 35. phoenix_2011 36. Eve Levine
37. Aurelia 38. VDStar 39. Vengeance_n_luv 40. ScarlettOHara
41. star77 42. Bella Cullen 43. candycane13 44. lizzy13132003
45. tvchick119146. Kitty230 47. <Marina> 48. Something More
49. NaleyChick101 50. B. Chambers 51. swadde 52. heavenly_vixen
53. Seek&Destroy 54. Bambi 55. madbunny911 56. jacey2
57. shortycm18 58. Lexipedia 59. MusicInMySoul 60. Megan2007
61. clementine08 62. anni94 63. quin611 64. Melanie95
65._Chryso_ 66.kfrancis08. 67. Lelly 68. sherrilynn
69. FrannyLuvsAll 70. jasam4life 71. elliegrace 72.Chambre
73. domiliefan

--- If you would like to be added, just ask ---
Old 11-24-2011, 02:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks Lucky I would have started the thread but don't have an idea where to start.

Ok so we were talking about Gemma's love for her family
She loves them so much that it's smothering everyone.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

best title yet ladies......

When Tara and Jax where holding hands in the hospital - staring down Gemma - it made me think that that's what it would have been like when they were teenagers and he was going to leave with her.

When I think of all the loose ends that have to be tied up this season, my head spins!!! I hope that we get to see J/T as king and queen of Samcro sometime in the series, I'd love to see how they handle that.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
When Tara and Jax where holding hands in the hospital - staring down Gemma - it made me think that that's what it would have been like when they were teenagers and he was going to leave with her.
Great point. And didn't someone-Miri, I think-mention that this is what Gemma was always afraid of when it came to Tara.

Phoenix, again to quote season 1 Clay, but someone really needs to ask Gemma what her mother did to her. Because I think she loves her family, but she loves them best when she can control them.

It was like she had to control the Wendy situation. Just like she had to control the way Clay died. The one card she has left is the letters. I think that's why she's playing them now, it's the last thing she has control over.

So here's a series of random thoughts I had here at work to distract myself:

1. The couple who wanted to adopt Abel were both American's weren't they? Why would they go all the way to Ireland for a black-market baby when there was a perfectly good baby mill in California being run by the same people?

2. As improbable as it is, it would be really funny if Gemma gives Jax the letters and tell him Tara has known about them all along, Jax goes to confront Tara and she denies ever setting eyes on them. Only three other people know she had them-one is dead, the other is half dead, and Gemma. And Gemma just recently lied to Jax about Wendy being back. While Tara not only told him the truth but told him Gemma didn't want him to know the truth.

Just think it would be kind of funny to see Tara getting out of keeping the truth about the letters from Jax by simply denying ever had them. It would also set up a good dynamic between Gemma and Tara next season, if Gemma realizes she dealing with a different Tara at the end of this season.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Rose must have done a number on her

Quote:
Just think it would be kind of funny to see Tara getting out of keeping the truth about the letters from Jax by simply denying ever had them. It would also set up a good dynamic between Gemma and Tara next season, if Gemma realizes she dealing with a different Tara at the end of this season.
This episode, Tara had her eyes out again. I think she can take on Gem
^ All from Haylie's tumblr

BANG! BANG! BANG!
You do not wanna mess with TarTar
Old 11-24-2011, 03:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynori (View Post)
2. As improbable as it is, it would be really funny if Gemma gives Jax the letters and tell him Tara has known about them all along, Jax goes to confront Tara and she denies ever setting eyes on them. Only three other people know she had them-one is dead, the other is half dead, and Gemma. And Gemma just recently lied to Jax about Wendy being back. While Tara not only told him the truth but told him Gemma didn't want him to know the truth.

I was thinking about what Gemma's next move may be to try and drive a wedge between Tara and Jax and thought of that too. Gemma's best play imo would be:

1) Show Jax the letters and tell him that Tara has known all along and selfishly kept it from him because she thought it may prevent him from leaving Charming.

2) Tell Tara about Maureen & Trinity and about Jax & Trinity's romance.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Lucky for the thread

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr
Old 11-24-2011, 03:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettOHara (View Post)
I don't know that he's dead but I think Jax and/or Opie drag him out to the garage to cover for Opie shooting him at the table. Tig is convinced it was LaRoy and the 9ers who "gunned Clay down". I'm betting that Jax tries to cover for Opie knowing that if Clay is dead/dies, the club will have to kill Opie no matter if it was revenge for Piney or not. He seems to let everyone think it was LaRoy but tries to stop a war at the same time.

I can't decide if Clay is dead or not. He sure as hell seems dead but it's kind of weird to think of the show without Pearlman. I can't imagine he wasn't wearing a vest. He knew a large, vengeful sasquach was coming his way. he had a gun. I also loved the parallel of Opie busting through the door to get to him just as Clay did to Piney, even shoving away Clay's weapon like Clay did.

I loved the Tara/Clay exchange! How at first she was startled and frightened, asking where Jax was and then looked him steadily in the eyes the rest of the time as he subtly threatens her. She also called him on beating Gemma. "I saw how you tried to slow her down" or something to that effect.
You can see the blood when he gets shot he wasn't wearing a vest. He took one bullet in his upper right chest and one his lower left stomach.

It shows Unser at the clubhouse with Clay in the preview. Remember Unser was at the funeral home too he probably got his truck working and followed Jax. I'm guessing Opie leaves almost right away and Unser shows up and him and Jax deal with Clay and the crime scene.

Quote:
Okay, I'm sorry, but I may have loved him for that. I laughed out loud at that. Creepy Plotter moved up several spaces in my book that one. Sorry, ladies, i have soft spot in my heart for people who reference The Simpsons
lol Calling him Mayor Quimby was great. Not much discussion about Potter digging into Hale's land deals. It would be great to see Hale get exposed and pave the way for (forget his name) to become Mayor. WTH is that guys name, i always forget.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Rose must have done a number on her
I think I'm scared of Rose. Can you imagine what a nightmare she must have been?

Quote:
I think she can take on Gem
Yeah, the 'You may want to think very carefully about the next thing you say to me look' has returned to Tara's face. I like that look. Fun things happen when Tara gets that look. It's right up there with Jax's 'Tara's hurt, must kill things' face. You just know bad things are going to happen to anyone who isn't them at that point.

^First this is a great shot of Maggie. Second I loved how Tara did not back down from Clay. She knew what he did to Gemma and she did not cower away from him. Now it could have been her new found crazy talking, but I hope to see more of this Tara.

I also love the scene of them holding hands. Maggie just barely clears Charlie's shoulder.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
^First this is a great shot of Maggie. Second I loved how Tara did not back down from Clay. She knew what he did to Gemma and she did not cower away from him. Now it could have been her new found crazy talking, but I hope to see more of this Tara.

I also love the scene of them holding hands. Maggie just barely clears Charlie's shoulder.
I love this Tara. I really do.

You know I'm starting to wonder if the hand holding was more a Charlie Maggie thing at first and they just kept it. Or it was really scripted

Old 11-24-2011, 04:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I loved how Tara did not back down from Clay. She knew what he did to Gemma and she did not cower away from him. Now it could have been her new found crazy talking, but I hope to see more of this Tara.
This must be the new Tara, Maggie was speaking of in her interview.
I just hope Tara can go head to head with Gemma when she tries to manipulate Jax again. She's tried but thankfully, Jax has told her where to go.

I mean Nate seemed sweet. And I really can't believe anything Gemma says now. She's probably exaggerating how bad Rose was.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_2011 (View Post)
This must be the new Tara, Maggie was speaking of in her interview.
I just hope Tara can go head to head with Gemma when she tries to manipulate Jax again. She's tried but thankfully, Jax has told her where to go.

I mean Nate seemed sweet. And I really can't believe anything Gemma says now. She's probably exaggerating how bad Rose was.
Tara can go to head to head, but it's going to be interesting to see how Tara goes head to head with Gemma and do it Tara's way and not Gemma's.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Something had to screw Gemma up. I lean towards it being Rose. That doesn't necessarily mean Rose was a horrible person, Fiona didn't seem that bad but Gemma ranked her right up there with Rose.

Then again Gemma just doesn't seem fond of other women. She actually seems distrustful, like almost immediately, of other woman. Luann and now Tara-both of whom she could and would flip on-are her only female friends. Oswald and Unser seem to be the only friends she had and/or maintained since childhood.

Season 1 Tara was seen to have a few female friends, or at least co-workers she was friendly with. She called the doctor she referred Gemma to in season 2 a friend. And I'd say her and Margaret are friends now.

But Gemma doesn't even seem to particularly like other women. Naz may have a better bead on this, but Gemma seems to have mother issues.

But Geez, poor Nate. He did seem like a sweetheart can you imagine what it had to be like for that poor man in a house with those two woman (assuming Rose is as bad as Gemma says).

ETA: That's it for me. Must sleep before dinner with the family.

Happy Birthday Mav!!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Something had to screw Gemma up. I lean towards it being Rose. That doesn't necessarily mean Rose was a horrible person, Fiona didn't seem that bad but Gemma ranked her right up there with Rose.

Then again Gemma just doesn't seem fond of other women. She actually seems distrustful, like almost immediately, of other woman. Luann and now Tara-both of whom she could and would flip on-are her only female friends. Oswald and Unser seem to be the only friends she had and/or maintained since childhood.

Season 1 Tara was seen to have a few female friends, or at least co-workers she was friendly with. She called the doctor she referred Gemma to in season 2 a friend. And I'd say her and Margaret are friends now.

But Gemma doesn't even seem to particularly like other women. Naz may have a better bead on this, but Gemma seems to have mother issues.

But Geez, poor Nate. He did seem like a sweetheart can you imagine what it had to be like for that poor man in a house with those two woman (assuming Rose is as bad as Gemma says).

ETA: That's it for me. Must sleep before dinner with the family.

Happy Birthday Mav!!!!
Agree with you on everything.
Funny thing just the other day I was thinking about Tara and having friends. I feel she has them but we don't get reference to or seen. I'd imagine she was friends with a bunch of her coworkers maybe.

Have a great dinner tonight.

MAV, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
lol Calling him Mayor Quimby was great. Not much discussion about Potter digging into Hale's land deals. It would be great to see Hale get exposed and pave the way for (forget his name) to become Mayor. WTH is that guys name, i always forget.
The stud that is ELLIOT OSWALD!!

Quote:
Probably. Most girls when in love exaggerate. Probably thought her mother was ruining her life, like most teenager girls It didn't hurt that she was with a biker and her parents didn't approve.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread