Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

So, does anyone think KS is following the Hamlet theme with Tara injuring herself? And if so, do you think it will end badly for her?
Old 11-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't speak on Hamlet, but what do you mean end badly for her

mia toretto brian o'conner
lex luthor lana lang | jordan ♥ t.c.
clary fray ♥ jace herondale | jax ♥ tara
haylie | icon | LJ | tumblr
Old 11-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Amy- I felt that skateboard whizzing towards me all the way across the border.

Quote:
Koz asked about Tara. <3 Lucky, you must be a happy girl
I thought this too, and then he blew up. I loved that he asked about Tara. I just love Kenny Johnson in general. Lucky, how are you doing with the death of Kozik? He has a much bigger role in your fics than he does on the show.

Quote:
"I recently decided that I like women????????"
I need NEED NEED to see Jax's reaction to that! How would the golden sex god of Charming take the news that his ex-wife likes women now? Would he be offended, unsettled, or slightly turned on? Would he have a completely conflicted and hilarious reaction a la Tig and the sex doll? I'm still not over that. Or would it not even register as important to him? However he reacts, I'm clasping my hands in gleeful anticipation, in hopes that is a scene we get to see.

This episode was sort of a relief to me is some ways. Maybe it's because I'm easily swayed by humor. I appreciate my tragedy sprinkled with levity, and a lot of this season has been missing the dark and twisty humor. But it was back in full swing during "Call of Duty." There were so many small payoffs for things that have been stewing all season.

I'm so glad Opie knows who killed Piney. Unser... wow... But he spilled the beans about Gemma too. I wonder how Opie will land on the knowledge that Gemma tried to obscure Clay's involvement in Piney's death, busted face or not? Will he feel betrayed by her (he calls her "Mom" while he calls his mom "Mary") or will he understand her motivations. Anyway, that little piece of drama intrigues me.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Eve, part of me thinks that what Unser said about Gemma to Opie might not even register to him. I think once he found out it was Clay and believed it nothing else mattered. I mean CLAY TOOK EVERYTHING FROM OPIE. So I think if anything calling him off Clay is going to be a reaction to Gemma. Gosh please tell me this is making sense.

Speaking of Kozik, that's one reason I love Lucky's fanfics, I always loved Kozik and we got so much of him in the fanfics.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexipedia (View Post)
I can't speak on Hamlet, but what do you mean end badly for her

Tara dieing would be bad. I've read on this board that KS is following the Hamlet theme and that one of the women kills herself. If this show parrellels Hamlet, then I'm afraid that she won't make it out of this series alive.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by anni94 (View Post)
Tara dieing would be bad. I've read on this board that KS is following the Hamlet theme and that one of the women kills herself. If this show parrellels Hamlet, then I'm afraid that she won't make it out of this series alive.
I don't think he is going to kill her.
I don't think he is going to be following the Hamlet theme to a tee.

I'm HIS mother

Old 11-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Koz asked about Tara. <3 Lucky, you must be a happy girl
I was a mess of emotions at this point. First I was giddy because Kozzie was back. And then I thought it was so cute the way he and Tig were cuddled up (and yeah, I realize how that sounds but they kinda were). And he sees Jax and the first thing he asks about is Tara. So at this point I'm doing the Snoopy dance in my mind. Then it all went to hell.

Quote:
Lucky, how are you doing with the death of Kozik? He has a much bigger role in your fics than he does on the show.
I literally screamed at my TV "Can we please stop killing people now?" I was literally numb, because I didn't expect. I just did not see it coming. Some time this morning I thought "This is going to devastate my AU Tara." So in short, I'm not dealing with this like a sane person at all.

As for Jax's reaction to Wendy switching teams, I think he'd be proud. As I'm sure Jax would fully believe he's ruined her for all other men. Though wouldn't it be kind of funny to see him trying to limit the amount of time Tara and Wendy spend alone together.

Speaking of Wendy, anyone know if Drea's going to be around the rest of the season? I know there's only three episodes left, but is she suppose to be in any of those?

Quote:
I'm so glad Opie knows who killed Piney. Unser... wow... But he spilled the beans about Gemma too. I wonder how Opie will land on the knowledge that Gemma tried to obscure Clay's involvement in Piney's death, busted face or not? Will he feel betrayed by her (he calls her "Mom" while he calls his mom "Mary") or will he understand her motivations. Anyway, that little piece of drama intrigues me.
I'm thinking it may get lost in the shuffle, so he may not react immediately. But I'm almost sure it eliminates Gemma as one of the people who can talk him back from the edge. Like, he may not fully comprehend it until Gemma either tries to reason with him or comfort him. Then it may click for him.

He may understand her motivations, but not her actions. Setting up the Cartel, covering for Clay, that's one thing. But his father was left alone in a cabin to rot for days. Just as he had to think about what Donna felt in those last moments, he's got to think about how his father's body was treated. That may be what he gets angry with her for and what he may be unable to forgive.

My question is the pointed way Unser said "Before he kills someone else you love." Was he talking about the woman Opie loves as a mother or the woman he grew up with and probably loves as a friend. Or was Unser talking about both.

*edited because Opie wasn't married to Wendy. Boy did that read weird.

Last edited by luckynori; 11-16-2011 at 02:59 PM
Old 11-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynori (View Post)

Wendy: Maybe it's just me, but her reason for coming back played worse than I imagined. She has her tubes tied, so she doesn't want anymore kids. She lives in another town so she really doesn't want the kid she has. What she wants is to continue to allow (from her pointing out that she still has rights) Tara to raise her son, deal with all illnesses, the tantrums, puberty, and make all the hard decisions regarding Abel. But every once in a while she'll pop in remind Abel that she's his real mother and then pop back out. Oh. Hell. No.

The way she did it, how she did, and her attitude with Gemma, just came off to me like she was screwing with Tara. There could have been a better time for her to do this. She could have and should have seen that Tara was not in the right mindset to deal with something like this. She is a counselor after all, one of her psych classes should have prepared her for this.

For Tara this has to be worse than Wendy trying to take Abel back. Telling Tara that Abel has a right to know his mother. Wendy has just downgraded Tara to glorified babysitter. She didn't even really ask Tara, she pretty much laid out what she was going to do. It was just not the time for that. Badly done, Wendy.

Tara: Maggie was once again fantastic. The way her anger built up was something. If she wasn't confined to that bed, I don't think Wendy would have made it out of that room. As I'm almost sure that vase, in Tara's mind, was Wendy's head.

The scene with Jax, where she gave him what he needed. I don't know if Tara believes Jax or if she wants to believe Jax. But it was clear that she knew what Jax needed from her and she gave it to him. Such a beautiful scene.

Unfortunately after Wendy's visit, I think Tara's going to wake up a different person. Jax and those boys are all she has. She sacrificed a lot to become a surgeon and now that's gone. She sacrificed a lot for Jax and their family, she is not about to let that be taken from her.
I agree with this. This flew over my head. I thought the set-up was poor because I do feel that Wendy will die at the hands of Tara and/or Gemma. I just felt the storyline would be crazy Tara vs. stable Wendy, but not anymore.

I felt originally Wendy was presented in a way that was stable, respectful, and sober, but not necessarily coming with her hat in her hand. The conversation threw me because I originally felt that Tara acted as though Wendy swept into her hospital room demanding Abel and vowing to take him away forever. She was written to go to one extreme while Wendy was presented as level-headed somewhat.

I thought they were going to write Wendy to come across rude and belligerent, but they didn't. However, she did subtly threaten Tara and Gemma.

She was very flippant about not having any contact in years, and expecting to run the show when she hadn't been around or really wasn't in any position to dictate terms. She tried to throw out the Biology card, and that won't fly.

Her conversation with Gemma in my eyes sealed her fate. She mentioned going to court, and signed her probable death certificate. That whole "You thought I was problem back then, but look at me sober!" bravado. She'll find out the hard way she isn't the baddest MF walking the streets of Charming.

That family doesn't deal with the law and courts unless they have to. Bribery, double-crosses, and murder reign surpreme with this family. You disappear if you get in the way or your existence is no longer needed by SAMCRO and family.

Tara is already in a sea of angst and turmoil. Threatening people when they are mentally unstable is asking for trouble. Backing people into corners on this show is bad business. Gemma probably won't even have to do much to sway Tara. I picture Gemma telling Tara

-"You raised him. How dare she come trying to take him away from you!"
-"She's got an attorney, and is taking you to court."
-"You smashing your hand placed you under psychiatric care." "That will come out in court."
-"She's a junkie. He'll be in danger from her." "She falls off the wagon, and will sell him for crank."
-"You don't have a career anymore. Those kids and Jax are all you have."
-"You can't let someone destroy your family."

Then Tara will probably nod her head in agreement, and have sick grin on her face. Welcome New Tara everybody!

*Moment of Silence* for my beloved Kozik.

I just can't...I was never a big Half-Sack fan, but now I understand the reaction to his death. They just better not kill off Happy. I just can't.

Why did KJ have to go out like his character Lem did in The Shield?

What's worse is his new show is canceled!

I must now browse fanfiction.net for my Kozik fix.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
As for Jax's reaction to Wendy switching teams, I think he'd be proud. As I'm sure Jax would fully believe he's ruined her for all other men. Though wouldn't it be kind of funny to see him trying to limit the amount of time Tara and Wendy spend alone together.
I can see this too. I bet he'd be like nah nah.

Quote:
I'm thinking it may get lost in the shuffle, so he may not react immediately. But I'm almost sure it eliminates Gemma as one of the people who can talk him back from the edge. Like, he may not fully comprehend it until Gemma either tries to reason with him or comfort him. Then it may click for him.

He may understand her motivations, but not her actions. Setting up the Cartel, covering for Clay, that's one thing. But his father was left alone in a cabin to rot for days. Just as he had to think about what Wendy felt in those last moments, he's got to think about how his father's body was treated. That may be what he gets angry with her for and what he may be unable to forgive.

My question is the pointed way Unser said "Before he kills someone else you love." Was he talking about the woman Opie loves as a mother or the woman he grew up with and probably loves as a friend. Or was Unser talking about both.
THIS THIS THIS. This is what I'm thinking.

Lucky, I always assumed he was like talking about Tara. I mean I was waiting for him to tell him about Clay putting the hit on Tara but he didn't so I think him saying that to Opie can be be about Tara and his way of telling him about Tara.

And I don't think she's coming back because it felt like she left and would be waiting to hear from Gemma. That's how it seemed to me

And Lucky.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

[QUOTE=Lexipedia;59672034]I don't think he is going to kill her.
I don't think he is going to be following the Hamlet theme to a tee.

I hope you're right. It's nice to be surprised as the series go by, but if it goes the way of Hamlet, then we would know how it would end. I think KS is too creative to go that way.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by anni94 (View Post)
I hope you're right. It's nice to be surprised as the series go by, but if it goes the way of Hamlet, then we would know how it would end. I think KS is too creative to go that way.
But he's not following it too a tee already. I don't think he's going to kill he. He can but NOT NOW. I don't see him really killing her and I know he can but I don't. and if he does it'd be season 7. But I don't.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Addicted Fan

to Maggie for bringing up Piney's death/Bill's exit in the recap! It's about damn time.

caroline forbes
Old 11-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Mariah, I absolutely loved that bit. Especially with the adorable way Maggie and Ryan have been sitting in the last few clips with their thinking faces on, looking like the Opie/Tara siblings they will forever be in my mind. I wish I could get someone to cap those.

Between Maggie mentioning Bill/Piney in the recap, Kozik asking about Tara, and Maggie and Ryan sitting in practically the same position my entire mind canon is coming together one way or another.

Quick question about the promo, anyone jump in with a guess. How does one make shooting a heavily sedated woman with one arm in a hospital look like an accident? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Roosevelt: Tell me again what happened?
Clarence: Well I came to see how she was and she took my gun.
Roosevelt: Aren't you on release, why did you have a gun?
Clarence: Hospitals are dangerous?
Roosevelt: Whatever. What happened next?
Clarence: Well, she lost it. She leapt out of bed, I tried to stop her but she over powered me. We fell to the ground where we wrestled for the gun. But then it went off
Roosevelt: Just to be clear, not only were you carrying around a gun. You were carrying around a gun without the safety on. The one armed woman over powered you and in the ensuing struggled shot herself.
Clarence nods
Roosevelt: Dr. Knowles is that what happened? (Because lets be honest he doesn't kill her)
Tara: No.
Roosevelt: Clarence Morrow you are under arrest for violating your parole, being stupid, and talking to me like I'm stupid.

Last edited by luckynori; 11-16-2011 at 03:40 PM
Old 11-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lucky, I can cap it later for you sweetie.
HONESTLY HE CAN'T. That's why part of me thinks he might fake it to try to get the cartel to believe it but I'm having a hard time believing this.

And seriously Flithy Phil seriously. Who in the hell does he think did that to Gemma's face.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynori (View Post)
Mariah, I absolutely loved that bit. Especially with the adorable way Maggie and Ryan have been sitting in the last few clips with their thinking faces on, looking like the Opie/Tara siblings they will forever be in my mind. I wish I could get someone to cap those.

Between Maggie mentioning Bill/Piney in the recap, Kozik asking about Tara, and Maggie and Ryan sitting in practically the same position my entire mind canon is coming together one way or another.

Quick question about the promo, anyone jump in with a guess. How does one make shooting a heavily sedated woman with one arm in a hospital look like an accident? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Roosevelt: Tell me again what happened?
Clarence: Well I came to see how she was and she took my gun.
Roosevelt: Aren't you on release, why did you have a gun?
Clarence: Hospitals are dangerous?
Roosevelt: Whatever. What happened next?
Clarence: Well, she lost it. She leapt out of bed, I tried to stop her but she over powered me. We fell to the ground where we wrestled for the gun. But then it went off and now she's dead
Roosevelt: Just to be clear, not only were you carrying around a gun. You were carrying around a gun without the safety on. The one armed woman over powered you and in the ensuing struggled shot herself.
Clarence nods
Roosevelt: Clarence Morrow you are under arrest for violating your parole, murder, for being stupid, and talking to me like I'm stupid.
He was probably just going to smother her with a pillow. But I still don't know how that would look accidental
Closed Thread   Post New Thread