Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2019, 07:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

@flowerpetals I want this so much but, like you, will keep expectations at 0 because I don't trust that the writers are as good at writing them as you would be Rafael's grand proposal was beautiful if not for being ill timed and I'd love something that could match the emotional weight of his words then now that they've faced every hurdle and obstacle in their way. They've earned it.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

That would be great. I am not all that fussed about the proposal, but I want wedding vows. Grand tear-jerking wedding vows. Not a speech by the person marrying them, but each of them saying why their love and journey is the best thing ever.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

1x16, the LLN says: Sometimes the best romance is not the stuff of fantasy. It's the romance of small moments, of intimate moments. Of reality.

Something for us to keep in mind going into the upcoming episode(s) and the potential proposal.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
That would be great. I am not all that fussed about the proposal, but I want wedding vows. Grand tear-jerking wedding vows. Not a speech by the person marrying them, but each of them saying why their love and journey is the best thing ever.
Now THIS, I will be bummed if we don't get.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I ended up watching Grand Hotel. It was a decent soap so far; although I can tell I won't really care much for the main couple just like I haven't in previous versions. But there was a scene that made me JTV nostalgic. The woman in the potential main couple was floating in a pool. Her future love interest saw her and jumped in after her thinking she was drowning and the pool was closed. She was startled and said she was fine.

Made me think of this awesome Jafael moment.

https://jafaeldaily.tumblr.com/post/...tion-week-2018

This version didn't have the light humor of this scene and it didn't have the heat of Jafael's closed pool scene.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
That would be amazing to watch
Old 06-18-2019, 12:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejo1 (View Post)

And ugh can I just complain a minute, the JR title of their board is kinda obnoxious. Not what I wanted to see coming on the boards today. I get it they won, but they don't have to rub it in that much
Just checked the Michael corner since this thread is dead and saw this comment. And I was like oh please. How dare they complain. As if the Michael thread's title is not petty as F***k. Guess what? Jane and Michael are NOT married. They are DIVORCED. So if they want to be all "respectful" and proper about thread titles then they should change their thread title to divorced considering that is the sate of the Michael / Jane relatioinship. Our thread will actually rightfully have ENGAGED and MARRIED in it's title soon enough. Meanwhile they can remain sore losers.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Lol now we can't celebrate? I feel like a lot of Michael fans have amnesia about how they acted and how they treated us back in season two and three.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's not worth the headache dragging the opinions and complaints from another board into our Jane + Rafael safe space.

Jennie tweeted:
Quote:
Oh boy, I really love tomorrow night's #JaneTheVirgin and I hope you watch! One of my favorite @HereIsGina @justinbaldoni and @yaelgrobglas scenes ever...
Really looking forward to tomorrow's episode - and the remainder of the series! Only 7 more weeks/episodes to take in.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
It's Cosmo so it's not like I was going in with high standards, but that article is so badly written. I hate that the lines between fandom and entertainment journalism are so blurred now. I can't tell a Twitter or Reddit rant from a legit review.

I doubt I'm going to watch Grand Hotel, but I'm rooting for it to do well.

This so much. At a certain point, I had to give up certain shows because they weren't working for me. Or I dip in and out if it's a long running show.
Another one for your reading pleasure.

https://filmdaily.co/news/jane-the-virigin-s5e9-recap/

I didn't get the chance to watch GH because I'm very busy this week, but the episode is still on the DVR. I thought I was going to be able to watch it last night but nope. It's shaping up to be one and done because it got off to a slow start last night. I know it's nearing summer, but it still put up weak ratings after "The Bachelorette."*Well, it did better than "The Proposal" from last year and their best summer showing in 4 years* I'm still laughing at some people being mad at Alba's line. Saying it was disrespectful and mean. S2 Jane saying, "I don't love anybody else. It's always been you" was fine though. I noticed every time Rafael kisses Jane after a break up (1x06 and 4x07) she's ready to be with him right away after fighting it a little bit in the next episode. In 1x07, she fought it then gave in before the episode was over. 4x08, she fought it then gave in before the episode over. In 4x09, she was still pushing back a little but then was ready to fully commit before the episode was over.

@Flowerpetals. IIRC, Jennie rarely tweets about what scenes she's excited about and we know she did it last week. I know the cast has always hyped up scenes, but I don't remember her doing it too much over the years? Now, In her interviews, she talks a lot.

ETA: @Endgame. Thanks for that photo. I don't remember seeing it.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 06-18-2019 at 04:27 PM Reason: Added more info
Old 06-18-2019, 02:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpetals (View Post)
Really looking forward to tomorrow's episode - and the remainder of the series! Only 7 more weeks/episodes to take in.
Bringing back this spoiler snap of Yael and Justin in 5x13
Spoiler:
wheee I am so excited for all the Jane and Rafael
Old 06-18-2019, 02:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame (View Post)
Bringing back this spoiler snap of Yael and Justin in 5x13
Spoiler:
wheee I am so excited for all the Jane and Rafael
Ah! Thanks for sharing this!! HAHA you know Jane probably went
Spoiler:

Hello Jafael happiness!
Old 06-18-2019, 02:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Ah! Thanks for sharing this!! HAHA you know Jane probably went
Spoiler:
Hello Jafael happiness!
I know right?
Spoiler:
Old 06-18-2019, 03:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame (View Post)
I know right?
Spoiler:
I'm beginning to wonder if
Spoiler:

Last edited by flowerpetals; 06-18-2019 at 03:33 PM
Old 06-18-2019, 03:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'm beginning to wonder if
Spoiler:
Awww. That would be adorable and makes sense given how long they've waited to be together. I love the caption for this CW tweet about 5x13. I hope this means we get a few scenes of Jane/Rafael "making up for lost time." These two give me all the feels.