Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2019, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpetals (View Post)
The details and intricacies in the show make me excited to go back and watch (again) once the series is over, and get to take in all the moments that were weaved together for Jafael's love story. And there are so many moments!
Same here. I don't think I'll do a rewatch anytime soon. But I can see it happening in the future.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame (View Post)
LOVED the parallels and callbacks. Never made a video in my life but I tried to put all the parallels together. Links are below and embedded instavideos are under the cut.

Jafael Reunion Episode Parallels: Part One | Part Two
Spoiler:
I love how Jane's speech to Michael paralleled Rafael's to Jane but were both personal to them. Jane's realization was about guilt and being in denial of what's truest in her heart (her deep and abiding love for Rafael). Rafael's realization was about how no woman has or will ever compare to Jane and that even though he tried to stop loving her, he will never be able to AND doesn't want to anymore. :') These two kill me.

Alba's J/R stanning is another personal favorite amongst the parallels Will try to do that one at some point too.
I love you so much for this!!
Old 06-14-2019, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
I finally got a chance to watch thm. They're so good, endgame!

I used to rewatch and study the show obsessively and make gifs. They weren't very good but I had fun making them. I think it was JTV that inspired me to first make them.

Here's one I made from Chapter Eight/Chapter Eleven. I love how Rafael and Rogelio pretty much have identical reactions:

Old 06-14-2019, 08:18 PM
New Fan

Man, people that make fan videos are just crazy talented! Here's a new one I just stumbled across:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3DlNy5BaqE
Old 06-14-2019, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkras16 (View Post)
Man, people that make fan videos are just crazy talented! Here's a new one I just stumbled across:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3DlNy5BaqE
Thanks for that! That person makes awesome Jafael vids. They're also the on that did that selfless Rafael vid.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:21 AM
Addicted Fan

@ endgame. Those are amazing. I appreciate all of the fans who takes the time to make all the videos and gifs. When it's all said and done. Something else that would be great is a list or videos talking about all of the J/R anvils dropped through out the series starting with "Despite the circumstances, there's one thing I do know. We were meant to be, my love." And if the LLN turns out to be Mateo (which many us are very sure about.) One featuring all the anvils pointing to that. That song is so catchy and hilarious. It's catchy when the kids are singing and when the sunflower is singing it. I cannot think of anything bigger than a freaking musical number to celebrate their final reunion. lol And bringing the epic 1x06 kiss full circle. Now, I'm curious about the moments in 5x19.

We know some details from the sides but I wonder what other callbacks besides the ones we know about are going to pop up? I'm curious about Milos' endgame. The way the hotel business is handled on the show has always annoyed me but no matter what happens to Milos, he would still be the majority owner of the hotel. Dying wouldn't even change that. His family would to hold the shares. But whatever at this point.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 06-15-2019 at 09:15 AM
Old 06-15-2019, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

Just saw the episode. Finally.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Spoiler:
Old 06-15-2019, 07:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
I appreciate all of the fans who takes the time to make all the videos and gifs. When it's all said and done. Something else that would great is a list or videos talking about all of the J/R anvils dropped through out the series starting with "Despite the circumstances, there's one thing I do know. We were meant to be, my love." And if the LLN turns out to be Mateo (which many us are very sure about.) One featuring all the anvils pointing to that. That song is so catchy and hilarious. It's catchy when the kids are singing and when the sunflower is singing it. I cannot think of anything bigger than a freaking musical number to celebrate their final reunion. lol And bringing the epic 1x06 kiss full circle.
Yes, a big THANK YOU to everyone who makes gifs and videos and any other graphics. More Jafael content to enjoy over and over and over again (I've already lost count how many times I've watched their 5x12 scenes. lol).

I've been thinking about that: how after the show is over, it'd be great to have a comprehensive episode-by-episode list of all the moments that are for, about, and parallel Jafael. It'd be massive, I'm sure.

The more I watch, the more I love the magical realism and connecting Mateo's musical to Jane and Raf reuniting. The sunflower singing to Jane "love love love, you're in love" while her heart glows is one of my favorite moments. And although we didn't get Rafael's POV like some of us hoped for, throughout the episode you can see all over his face when he looks at Jane that he's besotted with her.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Yes, a big THANK YOU to everyone who makes gifs and videos and any other graphics. More Jafael content to enjoy over and over and over again (I've already lost count how many times I've watched their 5x12 scenes. lol).

I've been thinking about that: how after the show is over, it'd be great to have a comprehensive episode-by-episode list of all the moments that are for, about, and parallel Jafael. It'd be massive, I'm sure.

The more I watch, the more I love the magical realism and connecting Mateo's musical to Jane and Raf reuniting. The sunflower singing to Jane "love love love, you're in love" while her heart glows is one of my favorite moments. And although we didn't get Rafael's POV like some of us hoped for, throughout the episode you can see all over his face when he looks at Jane that he's besotted with her.
Remember this series is all about realizations. Every ship involves realizations not deep talks. You can be engaged to someone else one day, then back with your ex the next day and nobody mentions it. You can plan a child with somebody one day, then you have a realization that makes you change your mind at the last minute. Forget about Michael being insecure about Rafael. What about Chavez? Why didn't J/M discuss that? *That question itself is a joke* For someone who claimed Michael was "the one," she sure didn't care about him when she decided to have sex for the first time with Professor Chavez. Yeah, J/M were still not back together at that point, but that's a big step for someone like Jane. Hell, she went to his place wearing no pants. She was ready. lol But it's never brought up again until years later and that's because the topic was a hot news story. It's all about realiaztions on JTV. lol But we did get something from Rafeal when he told Jane he wanted to talk. Like him saying he tried to stop but couldn't. Denying it doesn't change it. But the classic JTV realization is what made him call Julie to end it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selena_gomez (View Post)
Spoiler:
I still wonder if it's going to be just "Let's get married" given how quickly it almost happens in the upcoming episode.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
This is great! Thank you for putting this together and sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
I finally got a chance to watch thm. They're so good, endgame!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
@ endgame. Those are amazing. I appreciate all of the fans who takes the time to make all the videos and gifs. When it's all said and done. Something else that would be great is a list or videos talking about all of the J/R anvils dropped through out the series starting with "Despite the circumstances, there's one thing I do know. We were meant to be, my love."
Thank you all so much for your feedback! I'm so new to this but I'm going to start making my way through other parallels too. I'll post links when I have them uploaded. Also, I LOVE the idea of a video about all the J/R anvils. Putting together some kind of document that has all of them would be amazing because there are so many and I don't know them all. I wish I had taken better notes during a recent rewatch. @Shelloh and I started a googledoc for ideas for tumblr gifsets and instavideos. If anyone plans to do a rewatch soon and wants to help, perhaps we can get a googledoc going for all the parallels, foreshadowing and major J/R moments and themes. I love them so much.

And you can call me isobel or izzy!
Old 06-15-2019, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

Another great video...

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 06-15-2019, 06:46 PM
Passionate Fan

bian the video is not working for me
Old 06-15-2019, 07:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .bian.carsan. (View Post)
Another great video...

^^^Here it is with the link fixed! Such a great fanvid
Old 06-15-2019, 07:05 PM
New Fan

LOVE the thread title. I've been singing that line off and on throughout the day in my head since watching the episode late last night.
I love the way everything is coming full circle and falling into place. The musical was hella cheesy though. I hope we get one of Jafael's deep talks soon because I miss those.

While I'm happy that Jafael is back once more and our fandom is on a high, I need for the proposal, however it happens, to be emotionally impacting. I've missed them. Especially having Rafael's pov.

And I also want to add my thanks to all those who put their time and effort into making beautiful Jafael content.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread