Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2019, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *DreamerGirl (View Post)
There's a lot of hate on reddit for Alba and Jorge. I'm sorry to say I'm kinda enjoying that they have taken a break from hating on Rafael. But I know it won't last with Jane and Rafael getting back together soon.
That doesn't surprise me actually
Old 06-10-2019, 03:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Great fanvideo, Shu!!

I have to say it's been nice to see Jorge take some of the heat because typically the entire fandom bands together to crap on Rafael. Even with the negativity, its been nice bonding with fellow shippers. Let them wallow in their desperation while we celebrate J/R's earned ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpetals (View Post)
And speaking of enjoying the good things, I rewatched 1x06 for the umpteenth time, and I'm all but certain that the very last scene - at least for Jane and Rafael - will be
Spoiler:
I love this. I love all the parallels and hints foreshadowing Rafael as her endgame. Adam, her first love, drew the cover of her book, Michael was the dedication and Rafael, her HEA, was in the acknowledgements in the end. "The last thing she should be doing" I love how Jane had sex dreams of Rafael while she was with Michael and appeared as the groom in her wedding magazine while wedding planning with Michael. I love how Jane had to keep her distance from Rafael when they first met because, as Michael said, "the chemistry was just too strong." She saw Rafael in the stars on her date with Adam. He's literally the man of her dreams written in the stars.
Spoiler:
Old 06-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

5x14 press release:

Quote:
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS – When Lina (guest star Diane Guerrero) comes to town, Jane (Gina Rodriguez) is excited to see her until Lina asks her for a favor. Rafael (Justin Baldoni) begins to work with Petra (Yael Grobglas) again but old tensions create new problems between them. Rogelio (Jaime Camil) creates a plan to pressure the network to pick-up his pilot. Meanwhile, Jane and Rafael have been looking for a solution to one of their problems and think Alba (Ivonne Coll) just might be the answer. Andrea Navedo also stars. Neema Barnette directed the episode written by Liz Sczudlo & Madeline Hendricks (#514). Original airdate 6/26/2019.
"A solution to one of their problems" =
Spoiler:
Old 06-10-2019, 06:07 PM
Addicted Fan

First look at Sofia Bush.

https://tvline.com/2019/06/10/jane-t...el-date-photo/

Was "Snow Falling" really that bad? And was it that bad on purpose? lol Many people say it's awful. And it's awfulness is canon. It was a critical and commercial failure on the series.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 06-10-2019 at 09:23 PM
Old 06-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the press release and new pic of Sophia. I definitely think snow falling was supposed to be terrible since it flopped.

Another cute parallel for a future J/R scene.
Spoiler:
Old 06-10-2019, 08:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

What became of Rake in Snow Falling? Anyone know?

I really hope we get Jane and Rafael dancing together at some point this season. One of my favorite scenes of theirs is from 1x03 when they're dancing at Zaz's memorial.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
"A solution to one of their problems" =
Spoiler:
I love that idea.

I'm really excited about Sophia, and Diane coming back. And yes, I need Jafael to dance again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
I am tuning all this out. The thing that bothers me these days about any fandom I am involved in is the negativity. There is no place I can go to anymore where people are taking a second to enjoy the good things. It's all rant everywhere from bunch of entitled fans. If it's that bad people then stop wasting your valuable time and put it to better use. More than GOT writers and JTV writers, the fans have ruined the viewing experience for me. It has gotten to a point where I feel the fans have completely lost it and have become irrational with their criticism. Sorry if you are one of the fans who signed the GOT petition.
I feel you. I avoided GoT for a long time because of the fandom. I was waiting for the books to finish, but it was pretty obvious that wasn't going to happen so I hopped on board the show. I'm so glad I didn't spend 8 years in that fandom. And it's frustrating because the media and reviews were getting as much wrong as the fandom.

And it's the same with JTV. Which is why I just stick to this thread.

Quote:
We've unfortunately become a society where people need to complain about something - anything - and that there's some sort of twisted moral superiority in their complaints. No, you're just being a killjoy.*

And especially with a show like Jane The Virgin, there are so many good things to enjoy.

*It's fair that criticism is part of embracing art, and not everyone is going to like everything. But nowadays the negativity goes beyond expressing dislike or a critique - fandoms are quick to become hateful and nasty.
ICAM so much with this. I don't mind criticism, I've done plenty of it. But the faux outrage and hypocrisy is so frustrating.

Basically, this has been me on the internet for like the last decade. And now it's me almost daily:

Old 06-10-2019, 09:56 PM
Addicted Fan

That's definitely a wish of mine too. Them dancing again. I want reality and fantasy to happen simultaneously. I wonder what that final title card will be? I think it maybe one of those long ones they do sometimes. And they already used confetti for the opening of 4x17.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sadly the picture does not actually reveal if it is Alba or not
Spoiler:
Old 06-11-2019, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that
Old 06-11-2019, 05:34 AM
New Fan

I think I found a picture that does look like Alba could -

Spoiler:
Old 06-11-2019, 06:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSwan83 (View Post)
I think I found a picture that does look like Alba could -

Spoiler:
Thank you for the picture.

Alba's either
Spoiler:

That's my prediction/hope, anyway.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but Jane and Rafael haven't physically touched - like not even a shoulder graze - since 5x04. The last time being when he hugged her at the hospital...

What if the forehead moment in tomorrow's episode is the first time they touch after all this time?!
Old 06-11-2019, 10:07 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but Jane and Rafael haven't physically touched - like not even a shoulder graze - since 5x04. The last time being when he hugged her at the hospital...

What if the forehead moment in tomorrow's episode is the first time they touch after all this time?!
It is in that episode since that promo photo is listed under 5x12. While Jane and Petra are at a bar. I'm guessing Rafael will be on a date with Julie. J/R also tour the weed apartment as a possible apartment for Jane.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
It is in that episode since that promo photo is listed under 5x12. While Jane and Petra are at a bar. I'm guessing Rafael will be on a date with Julie. J/R also tour the weed apartment as a possible apartment for Jane.
I know it's in 5x12. My comment was about how that moment might be the first time they make physical contact in however long.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread