Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2018, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If I had a choice between Jane battling writer's block or dealing with Petra...I'd go with the writer's block.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:49 PM
Passionate Fan

I hate Jane and Petra's relationship more than ever. It confuses me and I don't get it. Jane acts like she can't tolerate her but then she cares about her more than anyone all of a sudden.

I wish they did more with Jane's writing. I love her writing fantasies. I am still hoping the next big book she will write is about her Abuela and Venezuela. I want old time history, I want Venezuela, I want to see what makes her a good matriarch. Alba to me is a weak character. I am glad the writers are finally doing something with her, but I need more.

I absolutely do not want to see Jane write the book that will turn into a show. Hopefully this show is a book of hers but they shouldn't waste time on showing it. First it is the show, we have already seen what happens. Second, Snow Falling already did the show with alternate ending. Give me something new and interesting. Give Jane something challenging. I want Alba, and her sister, and Mateo and their families!

I also want less Petra. Who so much Petra? Give me Xiomara. This show is about Villanueva women.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^Amen, sister. I've been complaining about Petra so much for the past 3 years. I have no clue why she gets so much story and airtime.

And yes, more Xiomara. Like I said before, she would have made more sense in Alba's last story.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:20 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't think the show will spend a lot of time on but it will come up. I believe that is the book that is going to be her breakthrough. I also want her to go back to the book about her grandparents. Jane & Petra have some funny scenes together, so I don't hate their relationship. I like it.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 02-21-2018 at 02:45 PM
Muffy_Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:27 AM
Master Fan

doesn't look like there's much Petra appreciation here
I think i hated her character in the first couple seasons.

She's grown on me though, and has some occasionally funny moments. so don't mind her so much now
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
innocent_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:55 AM
Passionate Fan

I don't hate Petra. I just don't like her stories. I love petra/Jr. Dislike Jane ghost writing. I don't think Petra is that successful. It seems like the hotel is always struggling. Her most notable career moves that altered the course of her life were marrying two rich men. Show me how great she is, instead of telling me.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Petra a lot. She's one of the reasons I still watch the show. I want her to stop having legal trouble.

I enjoyed the scenes in the last episode between Jane and petra so I don't mind Jane writing the book. It beats just seeing Jane on her computer

Last edited by fox24; 02-21-2018 at 06:27 AM
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:09 AM
Loyal Fan

I go back on fourth with Petra - its as if they have forgotten all the stuff she's pulled in the past sometimes - the twins are there just to keep her relevant. I do get tired of her storylines sometimes.
Coco_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think everyone story can get tiring for Jane it's the writers block for Ptera and Raf it's them dealing with legal trouble every year, with xiomara it's dance school with Ro it's his show. It all depends on who you like

I didn't mean to start a writers block vs Petra I just hope the show addresses why she has writers block in a more original way
Old 02-21-2018, 12:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

A lot of my opinion about Petra, which is maybe a bit unfair, is based on her early behavior that I haven't really forgiven. I am not entirely sold that they planned for Petra to be anything but an adversary when the show first started, which would have made her true to her telenovela counterpart. In the first season, she wasn't really likable at all. As time has gone on, they gradually have redeemed her character to someone you can genuinely feel sympathy for.

I've said this before, but I believe the writers are motivated by positive feedback from the fanbase. I know they're in in-tune with the Jane and Rafael fans (hence them name dropping the ship name), and it feels to me like they know about people's shipping of Jane and Petra, and they've made it a thing, so we've seen more of them together and more of her and the other Jane. She's not my favorite character either, but whatever, I guess.

I think there is a way for the writers to keep the show fresh without recycling plot points. One good move they made was having Rafael away from the hotel (at least story-wise) for a while, and having him search for his biological family. That is a refreshing new story line I wouldn't mind seeing more of.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I think everyone story can get tiring for Jane it's the writers block for Ptera and Raf it's them dealing with legal trouble every year, with xiomara it's dance school with Ro it's his show. It all depends on who you like

I didn't mean to start a writers block vs Petra I just hope the show addresses why she has writers block in a more original way
Don't forget about Luisa. Rose/Alcohol. She's not a main character but that's her thing on the show. In S5, I hope Jennie actually does more holidays, birthdays, fantasy episodes. We never know what season or month it is. I've mentioned the timeline being similar to OTH with OTH still being worse. I don't even think about it. lol
Muffy_Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by all2him1 (View Post)
I think there is a way for the writers to keep the show fresh without recycling plot points. One good move they made was having Rafael away from the hotel (at least story-wise) for a while, and having him search for his biological family. That is a refreshing new story line I wouldn't mind seeing more of.
I'm pretty excited about this storyline for the same reason. It's something new. It's a Rafael story. And we'll see Jane supporting Rafael. And them working together.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
Don't forget about Luisa. Rose/Alcohol. She's not a main character but that's her thing on the show. In S5, I hope Jennie actually does more holidays, birthdays, fantasy episodes. We never know what season or month it is. I've mentioned the timeline being similar to OTH with OTH still being worse. I don't even think about it. lol
That's true although it's her obsession with rose that tires me. I would like a holiday episode or birthday but I guess there saving that if they get a s5 to do Janes 30 since she's still 28 maybe turned 29
Old 02-22-2018, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by all2him1 (View Post)
A lot of my opinion about Petra, which is maybe a bit unfair, is based on her early behavior that I haven't really forgiven. I am not entirely sold that they planned for Petra to be anything but an adversary when the show first started, which would have made her true to her telenovela counterpart. In the first season, she wasn't really likable at all. As time has gone on, they gradually have redeemed her character to someone you can genuinely feel sympathy for.

I've said this before, but I believe the writers are motivated by positive feedback from the fanbase. I know they're in in-tune with the Jane and Rafael fans (hence them name dropping the ship name), and it feels to me like they know about people's shipping of Jane and Petra, and they've made it a thing, so we've seen more of them together and more of her and the other Jane. She's not my favorite character either, but whatever, I guess.

Completely agreed with this!

Good thing on pointing out that they haven't dont any particular episodes that indicate what time of year it is, i hadn't noticed!!
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
innocent_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah I think they miss out on some great stories by ignoring time. I heard Michael died around Christmas. It's unrealistic that they didn't even mention it. One year has passed from season 3b to 4. Mateo finished a whole year of school. There were no holidays or anything of that sort.

I don't mind repetition in stories as long there is something new and different about them or there is a point to them. Jane's writer's block are always different. Also I don't think they have done it that many times. Petra's shady mom trying to frame her for a murder she didn't commit, Luisa's Rose/alcohol obsession on the other hand seem same to me. They are the same!

I like certain Petra stories. Love P/Jr, hate Petra/book. I also don't understand how the show is supposed to center around the 3 generation of Villanueva women when there is such little focus on Xio and Alba.
Reply   Post New Thread