Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2018, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't notice that. Continuity hasn't always been JTV's strong point.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
In May like the other networks. They never say how many episodes but all the DC shows always get 22/23 episodes a season. SPN also gets 22/23 episodes a season. That's the standard for most shows. But others do way less than 22/23/24 episodes a season. Speaking of changing history, the mid season finale changed when Jane started writing SF. Jane didn't start writing again until Chapter 57 when Rafael told Jane to write about anything. Remember she lost her voice in that flashback? He was already out of prison and just started dating Abby. She didn't write anything before that because she was too depressed to write. I didn't notice this. Someone else did.
I was thinking about this and that was changed :S
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
innocent_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks, Muffy_Simba.

I noticed that too. This show has many writers trying to keep the timeline straight so it doesn’t surprise me. The show does an OK job with it, not the greatest. Jane’s past romances is really the timeline that confuses me and doesn’t feel like it makes sense.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
I didn't notice that. Continuity hasn't always been JTV's strong point.
Nearly every show is guilty of it. That's why shows should stop over staying their welcome. SPN just doesn't care anymore. There's a retcon every season. TPTB don't even care about past storylines at this point. SV did a whole freaking season based on a retcon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by all2him1 (View Post)
Thanks, Muffy_Simba.

I noticed that too. This show has many writers trying to keep the timeline straight so it doesn’t surprise me. The show does an OK job with it, not the greatest. Jane’s past romances is really the timeline that confuses me and doesn’t feel like it makes sense.
I stopped trying to make sense of Jane's past romances. lol JTV has a similar timeline to OTH. At this point you can call it a "Floating Timeline" which is a thing.

Last edited by royalღcaliber; 01-17-2018 at 09:01 PM Reason: Double posting
Muffy_Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So when does the CW announce renewals typically and do they say how many episodes? I wonder if the number of episodes changes the trajectory of storylines.
The latest they'll announce is May but the CW usually announces earlier. Season 2 was announced in Jan (at the winter panels I believe that the Prez skipped this year), the third season was announced in March and the fourth season was announced in Jan. again. I think the only time to worry about getting a fifth season is if they start announcing renewals for a slew of their shows and don't mention JTV. But as far as I'm aware, they haven't started doing that yet.

There's a new midseason CW promo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=IqwPXy3rS5k There's a glimpse of Jane in the middle and Jane/Rafael/Petra at the end.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the promo link. There's also a quick flash of Rogelio too. Towards the end.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Mark said he believes most of the shows will return this Fall. Before the winter TCA, he said they wanted to focus on the mid season shows mainly LS and BL. This year the CW had to shake up their schedule. The Andrew K scandal and all these mid season shows. Remember the CW doesn't do Sunday nights or 9 o clock. The WB use to do Sunday nights but that was back in the day.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Does anyone ever visit the Jane the Virgin Facebook page? So many are complaining about bringing back Michael and Michael returning from the dead. These kind of comments flood every good Twitter post too. Someone even tried to say, with the last episode, the show was pretending like Michael didn't encourage Jane to write. The whole book release episode was flashbacks to Michael. Blah. Just ranting.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:16 PM
Addicted Fan

lol Rafael encouraged Jane to write not Michael. Not once in the show's 4 seasons so far was Mikey ever that guy who pushed Jane to write. They should be thanking Rafael for "Snow Falling." He's the one who pushed her to follow her dreams. Michael is dead. It's been 4 years in the show's universe. Like I said before. There's no logic behind that. There are 54 episodes with Michael in them. They have 54 episodes to rewatch over and over again.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 01-18-2018 at 12:05 AM
Old 01-17-2018, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Does anyone ever visit the Jane the Virgin Facebook page? So many are complaining about bringing back Michael and Michael returning from the dead. These kind of comments flood every good Twitter post too. Someone even tried to say, with the last episode, the show was pretending like Michael didn't encourage Jane to write. The whole book release episode was flashbacks to Michael. Blah. Just ranting.
My interaction with the JTV fandom is this thread. I've given up on the fandom.

The J/M love story is the plot of Snow Falling. I don't think the show can do any more with him. He's not coming back from the dead.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Awwwww nice post Gina. The caption is "#jafael what a journey it's been." Is she finally Team Rafael?
cursedandblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

Aww throwback!
They could barely keep a straight face filming - i remember the blooper reel
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
innocent_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocent_chick (View Post)
Aww throwback!
They could barely keep a straight face filming - i remember the blooper reel
I remember that! Justin kept laughing because of loud sighs Gina was making as she was running toward him. So funny! I'd love to see more bloopers.
cursedandblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:03 PM
Addicted Fan

That scene was hilarious and I seen the bloopers too. No wonder they could not keep a straight face. lol Right now would have been the perfect time to return because the bad weather is helping live tv ratings. But because of the schedule, it won't be back until next week.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

What a journey indeed. I really hope they end this season finally together, all in.