Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2018, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

I think from Episode 1 it was obvious it was going to be J/R.
Almost all my ships have been the ones that are set up from the pilot (with a couple exceptions).

Just a little frustrating to see. It sucks Michael died..but under every JR thing - someone has to rip into them ugh.
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
innocent_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't imagine complaining about the same thing for a full year.

I've stopped reading fandom stuff about JTV. I just stick to this thread.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ha I'm complained much of S2.

But whatever. Everything that happened on this show happened because of something that happened in the past and has implications for the future. Sure, J/R are happening now because Michael died. And part of the reason Michael died is because the show was going back to J/R. And part of the reason Jane and Michael married at the end of S2 was because he was going to die. And because he was going to die, they married him off.

It's all interlocked. If it hadn't been death, it would have been something else.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:38 PM
Master Fan

^i agree. the show had an endgame, it was just a matter of how they would make that all happen...
It feels safer in this thread so happy to stick here!
Cath
Old 02-16-2018, 08:05 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocent_chick (View Post)
Shooting down J/R and saying it only happened because Michael died....
I don't like to brag, but I'm about to. My shipper track record has been excellent over the years. I rarely board sinking ships. All of my favorite couples turned out to be endgame. Maybe like one didn't and that ship didn't even get a chance to happen. I cannot relate to them. lol
Muffy_Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

I complained a lot Season 2 and Season 3, but always said I would continue watching for Jane's character (even though she was kind of unbearable as a character at that time). It was limited to this website.

I just get second-hand embarrassment sometimes from some of the J/M fans. Gina responded to one of them on Twitter who brought up the fact that ratings have still been down since Michael died, despite the season high for Season 4. Basically after someone implied it was because of Jane and Rafael (which may have no correlation at all; whatever). Every show sees a decline in ratings season-to-season, but Gina tweeted about the ratings because she directed the episode and was proud about the uptick in viewers. By all means, rain on her parade

Anyway, I'll end my rant there. I have determined there we'll be some Jane and Michael fans salty about Michael's death until the series finale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
I don't like to brag, but I'm about to. My shipper track record has been excellent over the years. I rarely board sinking ships. All of my favorite couples turned out to be endgame. Maybe like one didn't and that ship didn't even get a chance to happen. I cannot relate to them. lol
Not me. I have been on some sinking ships, so this is a nice change of pace. I can't relate because I never saw one of my favorite characters die, so I empathize with them because that would probably hurt. I just would be over it by now though. But hey, everyone is different. Some people cried real tears for Michael and I didn't.

Last edited by all2him1; 02-16-2018 at 09:38 AM
all2him1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
We share that. I think it’s pretty easy to identify the narrative within the first three episodes.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:27 AM
Addicted Fan

There were times it wasn't even the original idea. Pacey & Joey come to mind. I shipped them even when it wasn't a thing back in S1. That's always funny too. Even if your favorite character/couple was still on the series, the live ratings will still dip over the seasons because that's what happens. The CW was still going to move it to friday nights, even if Michael was still on the show. It's not all but I've come across a lot of J/M fans who are also Petra & Rafael shippers. *And just folks know. Jane does better than the Dynasty reboot, the canceled "Valor" and CxG*

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 02-16-2018 at 02:26 PM
Muffy_Simba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
love those comments considering that J/R would've happened no matter what.
I feel like the tweet was for the hard-of-hearing J/M fans. Louder for the people in the back!
cursedandblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by all2him1 (View Post)
I complained a lot Season 2 and Season 3, but always said I would continue watching for Jane's character (even though she was kind of unbearable as a character at that time). It was limited to this website.

I just get second-hand embarrassment sometimes from some of the J/M fans. Gina responded to one of them on Twitter who brought up the fact that ratings have still been down since Michael died, despite the season high for Season 4. Basically after someone implied it was because of Jane and Rafael (which may have no correlation at all; whatever). Every show sees a decline in ratings season-to-season, but Gina tweeted about the ratings because she directed the episode and was proud about the uptick in viewers. By all means, rain on her parade

Anyway, I'll end my rant there. I have determined there we'll be some Jane and Michael fans salty about Michael's death until the series finale.

Not me. I have been on some sinking ships, so this is a nice change of pace. I can't relate because I never saw one of my favorite characters die, so I empathize with them because that would probably hurt. I just would be over it by now though. But hey, everyone is different. Some people cried real tears for Michael and I didn't.
IA with all of this. I have seen some favourite characters die. Michael wasn't one of them though. I guess Grey's Anatomy is a good example. I stopped watching B/C I was unhappy with character deaths and the way the show was going shipper wise. But I just stopped watching. I definitely complained but eventually stopped. And I don't think Shonda Rhimes cares what I think.

And the ratings went up after Michael died. Mostly, B/c ratings usually get a bump after a main character is killed off. And they went down after JTV went to Fridays. Because that's what happens.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethally Floral (View Post)
Ha I'm complained much of S2.

But whatever. Everything that happened on this show happened because of something that happened in the past and has implications for the future. Sure, J/R are happening now because Michael died. And part of the reason Michael died is because the show was going back to J/R. And part of the reason Jane and Michael married at the end of S2 was because he was going to die. And because he was going to die, they married him off.

It's all interlocked. If it hadn't been death, it would have been something else.
Exactly. Well put. Jane and Michael were never end game. So they were never going to end up together.
cursedandblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

There was no way moving to Friday's wasn't going to affect the show...

Almost time for the new thread, we thinking the "romantic hero" one?
Cath
Old 02-16-2018, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah to ignore the move to Fridays is...hard. The only way to truly compare is to have the same days.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Shooting down J/R and saying it only happened because Michael died....
Lol, right, whatever they want to believe
Aurora Cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:58 PM
Passionate Fan

They literally have to be out of their minds to think that the current rating would have been good with a married J/M.
Reply   Post New Thread