Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2017, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, for understanding I was just correcting the wiki fact.Sometimes I post here because sadly this is the only thread related to Jv that's active. Mostly to criticize why Rose is still on
Old 12-20-2017, 08:25 PM
Passionate Fan

I think Rose will be here until the last day. She is the show's big bad villain. I don't know why they never connected Jane with Rose. She kidnapped her kid, killed her husband and you never really see her mention Rose. If someone hurt my loved one like that I think I would be one of those obsessed people whose life won't move until the person is brought to justice. But Jane couldn't care less about Rose. You can feel Rafael's hatred for Rose.

I wish Rose was played by a smaller (talented) actress instead of someone famous who they can afford twice a season. It really impacts the story such a negative way.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate Rose b/c Luisa is so tethered to her. They had a chance to do some f/f romance but instead they keep feeding us this toxic sludge.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I see what you mean LethallyFloral, but I don't know that Jetra fans need any context for their shipping. They only need a mildly friendly interaction. There may also be some people who root for them as just friends as well. Idk, I've seen people who like Jetra on Tumblr with their own headcanon, to each his/her own.
Oh I know Jetra fans don't need actual show shipping to ship them. I was only responding to the idea that they were writing to make Jetra happen or were catering to Jetra fans. I don't think they write for the fans. I think they write what they like and the fans can take it however they'd like.

Some people hate the two of them together and will hate their story. Some will ship them even though they're not written romantically.

I've like them more this season, especially now that the Raf thing seems to have been wrapped up for good with Raf & Petra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Thanks, for understanding I was just correcting the wiki fact.Sometimes I post here because sadly this is the only thread related to Jv that's active. Mostly to criticize why Rose is still on
Always welcome. She may be the big bad but she hasn't been surprising in an exciting way since the first season.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:17 PM
Passionate Fan

I think the people who ship Jetra for fun, or love them as friends, or just want more on that relationship are great. The ones who seriously ship them, bash J/R on tumblr are watching a different show. You will often see comments like they should just dump Rafael and be together. It was every other comment when Jane and Rafael were fighting.

If Jane and Rafael have a hard time finding a common ground then in what world will Jane and Petra find it?

Jane is at one end of the pole and Petra at the other. Rafael is somewhere at the middle. If Jane finds Rafael's ways questionable then what would she think of Petra's ways? Petra has always been seen as a part of baggage that came with Rafael. For Jane, she has always been one of the negative aspects about Rafael. It's hilarious that hardcore Jetra shippers seem to forget that.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I see Rose being here until the final curtain call. She's the main antagonist. 4 seasons and no other villain has become the big bad. It's still Rose, so she's not going anywhere. Yeah, we don't even know Jane's opinion on Rose because she doesn't have one! That woman has done some terrible things to her. She kidnapped her child and shot her husband. Yeah, Raf hates Rose because she kidnapped his child and murdered his father. Both Luisa and Rose are played by two busy well known actresses who the series cannot afford to use a lot. I know Jennie was happy to get them both but we don't get to see them enough. Same with legend Rita and busy Justina. But many shows use busy well known people for guest star roles.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 01-03-2018 at 01:21 PM Reason: Corrected spelling
Old 12-21-2017, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
I had to bring this video to the most recent page because I just caught up on the show and I AM DEAD.

It was everything and one of my favorite uses for flashbacks EVER. All of the "be brave." and "I'm the lucky one" and and and just EVERYTHING.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for bringing that video up. I just saw it for the first time. It is beautiful!

Jane and Rafael have had such a beautiful journey. It is rare to see a romantic pair grow together in such a positive way. I hope it ends well for them.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
Yeah, I see Rose being here until the final curtain call. She's the main antagonist. 4 seasons and no other villain has become the big bad. It's still Rose, so she's not going anywhere. Yeah, we don't even know Jane's opinion on Rose because she doesn't have one! That woman has done some terrible things to her. She kidnapped her child and shot her husband. Yeah, Raf hates Rose because she kidnapped his child and murdered his father. Both Luisa and Rose are played by two busy well known actresses who the series cannot afford to use a lot. I know Jennie was happy to get them both but we don't get to see them enough. Same with Legend Rita and busy Justina. But many shows use busy well known people for guest star roles.
Spoiler:
What is FsoG
Old 12-21-2017, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
What is FsoG
Fifty Shades of Grey
Old 12-21-2017, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
Fifty Shades of Grey
Ick! You mean 50 shades of crap.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Ick! You mean 50 shades of crap.
Yes, it is. My mom walked out of the living room when we watched part one for the first time. lol About as sexy as watching paint dry. No, watching paint dry is more sexy! Beautiful video.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
Yes, it is. My mom walked out of the living room when we watched part one for the first time. lol About as sexy as watching paint dry. No, watching paint dry is more sexy! Beautiful video.
That book I read was full of such misogyny I had to stop reading.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've never read or watched either. I just assumed I wouldn't like it. It seems like a weird thing to parody though. I mean, it's over right?
Old 12-21-2017, 08:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah and 50 Shades is kind of outdated now too.

The last episode is prob up there with my top episodes. Hope there are episodes with flashbacks again.