Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2017, 10:39 PM
  #166
Master Fan

 
innocent_chick's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
Yeah, we know this one is going to turn out way better. lol *VF has written about the series before*
do you remember when and what it was about?
The recent article made me wonder as it hasn't been frequent.

wow that video i love that song, it has a special place from that epic S1 kiss
__________________
Lucas ♥ Peyton|OTH| Jack ♥ Kate|Lost| Jane ♥ Rafael |Jane the virgin|
Ron ♥ Hermione | HP |Dean ♥ Colette | Pan Am |
Peeta ♥ Katniss | THG |
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
innocent_chick is offline  
Old 12-16-2017, 11:41 PM
  #167
Fan Forum Hero

 
wanderer78's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 52,289
That video is amazing. I watched it twice in a row. Hearing "Sea of Lovers" still gives me the chills.
__________________

wanderer78 is offline  
Old 12-17-2017, 12:16 PM
  #168
Ultimate Fan

 
CloisFan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,189
A kiss! Finally!
__________________
Laura
A Joe Keery fan page

icon: rachel/adam
CloisFan is offline  
Old 12-17-2017, 02:55 PM
  #169
Dedicated Fan
 
Muffy_Simba's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by innocent_chick (View Post)
do you remember when and what it was about?
The recent article made me wonder as it hasn't been frequent.

wow that video i love that song, it has a special place from that epic S1 kiss
One was about Adam from the season premiere, Xo's abortion from S3 and Michael's death also S3. I don't know if there are others.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 12-17-2017 at 03:16 PM
Muffy_Simba is offline  
Old 12-17-2017, 03:15 PM
  #170
Dedicated Fan
 
Muffy_Simba's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 610
I'm reading the pilot script and of course some things changed. Jane, Xo and Alba's last name was Garcia. Petra was Monica. Santos was Rubio. The Marbella was the El Dorado Hotel. Jane was 15 when she kissed Rafael which would have been weird since he's 8 years older than her. She would be 15, he would have been 23. Luisa was 32 which means she was only a year older. Either they shared the same set of parents or Emilio was sleeping with two women at the same time. But on the show she's 6 years older than Rafael which is much better. Eva is transgendered. Michael's brother's name was Andre and his father's name was Bobby. Emilio's name was Reynoldo Rafael Solano. Rose was a blonde. Luisa was going to die in episode 3. Rogelio's name was Rogerio Diaz. Teen Ro was caught selling fake I.D.'s and was deported back to Venezuela. Teen Xo was happy. Bruce was Gary. *I'm still reading it*

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 12-17-2017 at 06:04 PM Reason: I'm done reading it
Muffy_Simba is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 04:01 AM
  #171
Master Fan

 
innocent_chick's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
One was about Adam from the season premiere, Xo's abortion from S3 and Michael's death also S3. I don't know if there are others.
many more than i expected..

ah the pilot. i think i came across that original script a while ago too.
Jane/Rafael are more 6ish years apart on the show right? Not sure if they've specified exactly how old Rafael is?
__________________
Lucas ♥ Peyton|OTH| Jack ♥ Kate|Lost| Jane ♥ Rafael |Jane the virgin|
Ron ♥ Hermione | HP |Dean ♥ Colette | Pan Am |
Peeta ♥ Katniss | THG |
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
innocent_chick is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 04:44 AM
  #172
Part-Time Fan
 
all2him1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by innocent_chick (View Post)
many more than i expected..

ah the pilot. i think i came across that original script a while ago too.
Jane/Rafael are more 6ish years apart on the show right? Not sure if they've specified exactly how old Rafael is?
Hmm. I always assumed he was in his mid-30s by now. It’s clear he’s older than Jane, just not sure of the exact number; I don’t know if the show has ever stated, though there are some flashbacks of him when he was younger. Jane’s timeline of aging consistently throws me off. Think she’s 27 or 28 now. I can’t even pin if a year has gone by post-time jump. I’m glad she wasn’t 15 when she met Raf. I think she was young enough to get teenage crush thing across.
__________________
C A S E Y
all2him1 is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 06:29 AM
  #173
Master Fan

 
innocent_chick's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,394
Jane is definitely 28 at the moment!
She met him when she was 18, 10 years ago

I found some tidbits for episode 4.10
Spoiler:
__________________
Lucas ♥ Peyton|OTH| Jack ♥ Kate|Lost| Jane ♥ Rafael |Jane the virgin|
Ron ♥ Hermione | HP |Dean ♥ Colette | Pan Am |
Peeta ♥ Katniss | THG |
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath

Last edited by innocent_chick; 12-18-2017 at 07:58 AM
innocent_chick is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 08:06 AM
  #174
Extreme Fan
 
perfangel5655's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,817
Spoiler:


Rafael was born in March 22, 1984. That was what was on his birth certificate in the convent episode.
__________________
i c o n
"That girl is fiercely strong, independent, outspoken, beautiful and capable of anything. And no man or magazine should be able to take that away from her." - Dan about Blair
perfangel5655 is online now  
Old 12-18-2017, 08:16 AM
  #175
Master Fan

 
innocent_chick's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,394
What year is it currently in the show.
With the time jump some fan wiki sites are guessing 2020 but I'm not certain...
__________________
Lucas ♥ Peyton|OTH| Jack ♥ Kate|Lost| Jane ♥ Rafael |Jane the virgin|
Ron ♥ Hermione | HP |Dean ♥ Colette | Pan Am |
Peeta ♥ Katniss | THG |
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
innocent_chick is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 08:21 AM
  #176
Extreme Fan
 
perfangel5655's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,817
I am not sure and the writers don't want to specify what time we are in either because they want to deal with current political climate.

So all we have is Jane and Mateo's age to go by.
__________________
i c o n
"That girl is fiercely strong, independent, outspoken, beautiful and capable of anything. And no man or magazine should be able to take that away from her." - Dan about Blair
perfangel5655 is online now  
Old 12-18-2017, 08:37 AM
  #177
Part-Time Fan
 
all2him1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by innocent_chick (View Post)
What year is it currently in the show.
With the time jump some fan wiki sites are guessing 2020 but I'm not certain...
I think it is 2020, since the show is telling us it's 10 years since she met Raf (who she met in 2010). So she was 18 in 2010, 23 in 2014 (the start of the show), and 28 in 2020. Is that accurate? I have no idea. As I said, the timeline throws me sometimes.

That Wiki also says Raf was her first kiss (under their relationship pg), but didn't she meet Adam before Raf?

Thanks for the spoiler. I'm going to hold back my comment on the whole Alba thing. Funny thing is that 'gift' was the first thing that came to mind, and I hoped that wasn't what it'd be.
__________________
C A S E Y
all2him1 is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 08:45 AM
  #178
Master Fan

 
innocent_chick's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by all2him1 (View Post)
I think it is 2020, since the show is telling us it's 10 years since she met Raf (who she met in 2010). So she was 18 in 2010, 23 in 2014 (the start of the show), and 28 in 2020. Is that accurate? I have no idea. As I said, the timeline throws me sometimes.

That Wiki also says Raf was her first kiss (under their relationship pg), but didn't she meet Adam before Raf?

Thanks for the spoiler. I'm going to hold back my comment on the whole Alba thing. Funny thing is that 'gift' was the first thing that came to mind, and I hoped that wasn't what it'd be.
I think that sounds about right. Making Rafael about 36

Rafael is her first kiss. They kinda added Adam in which changed the timeline a bit but I'm sure he came after Rafael and became her first love. I'm getting confused too though
__________________
Lucas ♥ Peyton|OTH| Jack ♥ Kate|Lost| Jane ♥ Rafael |Jane the virgin|
Ron ♥ Hermione | HP |Dean ♥ Colette | Pan Am |
Peeta ♥ Katniss | THG |
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
innocent_chick is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 12:33 PM
  #179
Fan Forum Hero

 
wanderer78's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 52,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
Spoiler:


Rafael was born in March 22, 1984. That was what was on his birth certificate in the convent episode.
Yeah, I always remember that Rafael is 7-8 years older than Jane. They established his age as 31 in the second season in the Bachelorette episode. And Jane was 24, IIRC. Gina and Justin are the same age IRL though.

Those spoilers sound...I don't know, dull I guess. And I feel like the show has been desperately trying to keep Petra relevant for years now. And I'm so tired of them trying to make Jetra happen.

But overall I'm enjoying the show.
__________________

wanderer78 is offline  
Old 12-18-2017, 01:02 PM
  #180
Part-Time Fan
 
all2him1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
Yeah, I always remember that Rafael is 7-8 years older than Jane. They established his age as 31 in the second season in the Bachelorette episode. And Jane was 24, IIRC. Gina and Justin are the same age IRL though.

Those spoilers sound...I don't know, dull I guess. And I feel like the show has been desperately trying to keep Petra relevant for years now. And I'm so tired of them trying to make Jetra happen.

But overall I'm enjoying the show.
That's interesting. There is a segment of fans that want Jane and Petra together, so maybe they're catering to them.

It never seems quite clear if J/P have a friendship or a rivalry. Not sure what there relationship is supposed to be. With Rafael in the mix there always seems to be tension.
__________________
C A S E Y
all2him1 is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST