Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2017, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Argh. I wish TV Guide didn't require you to post using FB. I'm not sure how Raf making a decision to continue in the school is worse than Jane deciding to just pull him after a 30 second interaction considering how much time they likely put in trying to find the school.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco_Cat (View Post)
Ultimately, I thought this episode was okay. It was interesting and there were some enjoyable moments. I'm glad Jane and Rafael are fighting - there is a lot that needs to be said between these two - and I smiled when Raf told Jane that the world doesn't revolve around her. Jane may think Rafael's comments are snobby but her's are narrow minded. and WHY would Raf be thinking about getting back with her when she went skinny dipping with another man after thinking she had feelings for him and then went on a date with said guy?!! Jane needs a reality check!

I am mostly ok with this ep because I know where somethings are going - i.e. that Raf and Petra are definately not staying/getting back together.

Now as for Adam - I like him better than Michael - but that wouldn't be hard because the appeal of Michael or Jane and Michael is something I just don't get - but aside from the fact that he seems nice and is a good looking guy, the character and his storyline is so far completely riddiculous! RE-WRITTEN HISTORY ONCE AGAIN - OR JUST PLAIN BAD STORYTELLING - either way it just makes things seems incredibly stupid! Also, how completely OC was Jane skinny dipping with him - at most an hour after chasing after Rafae?!! Just because she's had sex with one man outside of marriage doesn't mean they need to make it seem like she's going to jump into bed with anyone at the drop of a hat?! I don't care how serious they were in the past - it was ten years ago! And its so STUPID that Jane almost getting married when she was 18 has NEVER come up before - LITERALLY NOT ONCE!!! For a character who was so obsessed with not having sex before marriage and the sanctity of marriage - it's just insane its never been mentioned! Aside from that, did anyone else notice the comment about him having a sister that died of cancer? Seemed an odd comment to me just to throw in there unless its significant somehow.

I feel like the writers are trying to have it both ways - have the tragedy of Michael's death molding Jane's character but also wanting someone Jane has a history with, longer than Rafael to make her question Rafael. Adam, and his guitar and sketchbook, already feel to be rammed down my throat.
I felt the same. It's clear to me, and probably to others that Adam was a character they originally didn't plan on bringing on, and now they have to retcon Jane's romantic history to make it work. It felt weird to me too, especially how things moved so fast RIGHT after the wedding.

I can't say I loved the episode but I didn't dislike it. I'll have to re-watch because I didn't catch what was the issue with the school they chose that sparked the fight Mateo. I'll admit I wasn't very engaged in the show. I can't remember what the issue was with Ro either. I'll return once I re-watch it.

I will say, the argument was probably good for Jane and Raf. I'm sure they'll reconcile in the next episode. It's apart of co-parenting. I also don't see how it would signal the end of anything romantic between them. It's clear this is intended to keep them a part a little longer (same with Petra). I'm OK with it, even if I have endure the Adam thing.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by all2him1 (View Post)

I will say, the argument was probably good for Jane and Raf. I'm sure they'll reconcile in the next episode. It's apart of co-parenting. I also don't see how it would signal the end of anything romantic between them. It's clear this is intended to keep them a part a little longer (same with Petra). I'm OK with it, even if I have endure the Adam thing.

I didn't dilike the episode at all. But I do need to re-watch some parts, as I had it on as I was getting ready to go out. It's clear Adam is a device to keep Jane and Raf apart longer but saying that Jane was going to marry him was just way too far. How could her being jilted never come up?!! Any 'first love" introduced at this stage was always going to be a re-con but they could have been so much smarter about it. I know they wanted to add wieght to this character but this was completely the wrong way to do it.

The continuation straight after the wedding just didn't sit right with me. Its just not Jane. (Maybe the point is he makes her not act like herself but I think for their first meeting in a decade they pushed it too far.)

Spoiler:
Old 10-15-2017, 03:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the spoilers. Well, I definitely look forward for things to come

A couple things: I re-watched the first episode. I get the argument, I see both sides, but Raf was harsh. As I said, I'm sure they'll reconcile soon - based on the spoilers. Something I didn't understand, though, was how Raf and Petra placed blame on Jane for ruining their relationship. "My feelings clicked off the moment, you believed her over me." What specifically are they talking about here? I went back to re-watch last season's episode and still didn't understand what this meant. Her and Raf have been on and off so many times I'm probably just confused at what instance they're even talking about.

Also, little things, but based on the last episode of last season, Chuck is still in the picture (at least thinking her has a shot with Petra) and Raf doesn't have a car (it was smashed by a tree). Maybe he uses Jane's car, I don't know.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 10-15-2017, 04:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Petra was referring to her telling Rafael, Jane had feelings for him and Rafael not believing her. They broke up in the S3 finale because of that. They got back together in S3 E19. Petra kissed Chuck in the season finale because she was feeling insecure about J/R. IA Jane is not to blame for Petra and Rafael breaking up in the S3 finale. We know R/P will never work for so many different reasons. Does any side talk about them? They've retcon a lot of Jane's past romantic life. The only thing that was original was Jane's first meeting with Rafeal because it was in the pilot. Even a lot of stuff involving Michael was added because he wasn't set to last 2 and a half seasons. Sam and Adam were add ons because I'm sure they didn't exist before S3 and S4. The J/R meeting still happened but now we don't know when. In the pilot the kiss happened before Michael, Adam, Sam, and whoever else they add on. The season finale airs May 25th. S4 will be available to stream on Netflix June 2nd which is 8 days after May 25th. That's the CW/Netflix deal. 8 days after the season finale of every CW show on Netflix.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 10-16-2017 at 10:12 AM Reason: Wanted to add earlier but was distracted
Old 10-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Something I didn't understand, though, was how Raf and Petra placed blame on Jane for ruining their relationship. "My feelings clicked off the moment, you believed her over me." What specifically are they talking about here? I went back to re-watch last season's episode and still didn't understand what this meant. Her and Raf have been on and off so many times I'm probably just confused at what instance they're even talking about.
What I thought was stupid was Raf apologizing for not believing Petra when she said she thought Jane had feelings for him. This was not an objective opinion. Why wouldn't he believe what Jane told him about her feelings?
Old 10-15-2017, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
The season finale airs May 25th. S4 will be available to stream on Netflix June 2nd which is 8 days after May 25th. That's the CW/Netflix deal. 8 days after the season finale of every CW show on Netflix.
The hiatuses are going to be really long then.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I finally watched the premiere. I thought it was decent. This aneska plot is getting old real fast. I actually like Adam. He has some Rafael like qualities. But, he has purpose right now and it’s to make sure Jane is a 100% about her feelings for raf. I can’t wait for rp to go boom again. They are just getting old real fast.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:06 PM
Addicted Fan

The whole thing was stupid. Of course he's not going to believe it and I also don't understand why Rafael was upset for not believing it. Nobody on the show is a psychic. At least not yet. lol Him not being able to read Jane's mind is enough for Petra to walk away? Damn. I mean to him it was delusional. He went to ask Jane and she said no. He would be lying if told Petra he believes her 100%. He's not going to win with Petra in that situation.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 10-16-2017 at 10:05 AM
Old 10-16-2017, 07:10 AM
Passionate Fan

He supposedly called her delusional. I guess if my boyfriend called me delusional over something I knew I was right about, I would be quite upset. It wouldn't matter to me that he is not a psychic.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
The whole thing was stupid. Of course he's not going to believe it and I also don't understand why Rafael was upset for not believing it. Nobody on the show is a psychic. At least not yet. lol Him not being able to read Jane's mind is enough for Petra to walk away? Damn.
Oh wow. Yeah that's just silly. No wonder it made no sense to me what they were talking about.

Yep, you're right, there has been other retconning in the series for Michael and Sam. Although I think they did leave room for one other love interest from the past by saying "There have been 3 men Jane has ever loved in her life." Don't recall the episode. My timeline of of events is now all mixed up.

I generally like Adam. I think my issue with him is that we kinda know how it's going to end. Their reunion had no slow build really, so we know already it's the beginning of the end. I'm sure it serves a purpose somehow to Jane's character growth, but it's still a lot all at once, like Coco_Cat said.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by all2him1 (View Post)
Oh wow. Yeah that's just silly. No wonder it made no sense to me what they were talking about.

Yep, you're right, there has been other retconning in the series for Michael and Sam. Although I think they did leave room for one other love interest from the past by saying "There have been 3 men Jane has ever loved in her life." Don't recall the episode. My timeline of of events is now all mixed up.
Yeah, they did do that but it wasn't until the second half of the last season, so they were still re-writing history not long before the relevant storyline took place.

Truth be told I'm not going to complain about re-writing history anymore - it's what they do. They take a story somewhere and then try and make it work. It's not the best form of storytelling but I'm used to it from this show. What does bother me is when, like now, history is re-written to make the present storylines work and/or give them greater weight, yet then end up making the present stories even more riddiculous. They could have gotten away with making Adam, "Jane's first love,' despite no mention of him before the end of season three - they could have even made it believable that he broke her heart - but to then add her almost marrying him at 18, when marriage is so important to Jane and her character, and have that NEVER come up before is insane! And it doesn't show a great understanding of the characters that they have created and want us to care about.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, I finally watched the episode. I don't know if I have anything new to add to the discussion.

-I actually really like Adam. IA about the retconning. But it's been done before. I don't mind it for some reason. Mostly, Tyler Posey's charisma overcomes a lot of it. And he and Gina have nice chemistry.

-I loved Latina Lover Narrator. She was awesome. Plus, she echoed a lot of the stuff I and other people feel about the show. Her commentary on Petra was priceless. It's one of those things that sounds like it's going to be a hot mess but is brilliant.

-About the fight, I actually understood both Jane and Rafael's POV and why they did what they did. It didn't feel like a relationship ending argument at all to me.

-NuMateo was adorable. I'm glad the show acknowledged the recast. And I like the way they did it.

-I still love Darci. I'm so glad she's there. The scene where she's taking verbal shots at Rogelio and his straining not to react was brilliant. The show needs someone to cause tension.

-I'm so looking forward to Alba/Rafael. I want her to find out what makes Rafael great. Which isn't his looks or being Mateo's father.

-Also I didn't understand Rafael's plan to use the kids' trust funds. If he lost everything b/c he's not a biological Solano...wouldn't the kids have lost their trust funds? They're not biological Solano's either.

Overall I enjoyed the show.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)

-I'm so looking forward to Alba/Rafael. I want her to find out what makes Rafael great. Which isn't his looks or being Mateo's father.

-Also I didn't understand Rafael's plan to use the kids' trust funds. If he lost everything b/c he's not a biological Solano...wouldn't the kids have lost their trust funds? They're not biological Solano's either.

Overall I enjoyed the show.
I'm looking forward to more Alba too. I don't really care why she likes him, I'm just glad he has someone in his corner.

I'm not entirely familiar with estate law but based on what I've seen on other tv shows, the kids trust would probably be protected because the money would have already been moved into accounts in their name. Also, I doubt Luisa would be so callous as to touch Mateo's money.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread