Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2017, 01:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah I doubt we will see that many J/M flashbacks. Maybe 1-2 the whole season.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Okay, I definately think that this season's pregnancy is Darcy. Just Darcy. If they didn't get Jane pregnant with Michael then they definately won't with Adam. Persoanlly, I think Adam is something Jane had to go through to truly move on. He's that last bit of the old Jane that she needs to go through and let go of to know she's truly on the right path.

I noticed there were some sides up for eps 7 and 8 and a couple were only $1, so I took a peek and ...

Spoiler:
Old 10-13-2017, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
Yeah I doubt we will see that many J/M flashbacks. Maybe 1-2 the whole season.
That's still too many for me.

Coco_Cat, thanks so much for those spoilers/sides.

Is anyone going to watch tonight?

Old 10-13-2017, 05:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'll be watching live tonight!

Spoiler:

Old 10-13-2017, 07:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
That's still too many for me.

Coco_Cat, thanks so much for those spoilers/sides.

Is anyone going to watch tonight?
I watched tonight! Look forward to thoughts on this episode.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

I watched it. l actually loved it and found it hilarious. Adam has his own lady LLN. I actually find it funny as hell. Meta Mateo moment. Also hilarious. I wanted them to do that. I knew this episode was going to put R/J on the back burner again. I'm sure we all already knew. I loved all their scenes, including their nasty fight. I was on Rafael's side. Do not apologize for believing that money does make things easier. Rafael did grow up rich and should not apologize for that. Jane should also never apologize for not going up rich. They grew up in different worlds and that's okay. I actually didn't think R/P were going to hook back up but I get it. Also we already know its not going to last long anyway. I wonder what's going to cause the final break up? Rose is still a murderer and will remain evil. I hope the show doesn't try to make her an anti hero. She's evil. Those Adam/Jane scenes were more entertaining than any Jane/Michael scene. Jennie did at least to 3, 4 or 5 post premiere interviews. I'll post the links tomorrow if no one does it first.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 10-14-2017 at 12:35 PM Reason: Removed spoiler tags. Added something new.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Watched it. I didn't care for the episode much but the parts that I loved, I really loved! I was worried that I would not want Jane and Rafael to have similar money fights. I don't want Rafael to make stupid decisions where he comes out looking shallow. Thank god he did not. I absolutely loved their fight. I loved the pent up anger in Rafael. He is wrong to blame Jane, but I understand his anger.

I am not sure how I feel about Adam. I thought I would like him more, but so far I don't hate him. I do find him more interesting than Michael, but then again Michael was meant to be really boring. Tyler is impulsive and while that is fun for few days Jane will eventually hate it.

Back to J/R!!
"Why were you trying to get in the shower with me?"
Whatever her feelings might be, at least we know for sure she is physically attracted to him. She called it lust, lusty jealousy.

I like that Rafael is not pining for her. I like that they had a talk about it.

I loved the family's reaction to her feelings for Raf. Rogelio doesn't know how to feel and traditional Alba still wants her with "the father." Hopefully someday she will provide other reasons. I love how she told Jane if Jane won't tell her about their talk she will just ask Raf.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the recaps, guys. It actually sounds sort of interesting. I'll try to watch it tomorrow.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh! And I think that Alba's downright hatred for Adam the hoodlum is the cutest thing. I don't know why they hate him so much. He didn't even break Jane's heart, they did. Still their behavior was hilarious.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Right. Both he and Jane were young and stupid but their antagonism towards him was ridiculous, especially since he came to tell Jane and kept their secret.

The fight was interesting but I wanted more to it. They really need to have a discussion about this. And I wanted Rafael to ask her why she thought he'd want her just because she thinks she wants him. But what I thought was interesting is that Jane suddenly cared about Mateo having a trust fund even though she was very nervous about it when Raf set it up for him. And she herself wishes she could travel. That was one of her sadnesses when Michael didn't think they could afford it.

I kind of hate how they changed Darci just to give Ro an antagonist.

FLL was funny. There were some moments when Adam was setting looking at the letter that he kind of looked like Michael to me. Obviously darker hair and skin but there's something about his bone structure.

Overall, there felt like a lot of stuff going on.

How can Luisa take all his money? How could she cancel his credit cards?

ETA:

There are a lot of Jennie interviews but she did answer something we were discussing yesterday in this interview.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Lethally Floral; 10-13-2017 at 09:45 PM
Old 10-14-2017, 05:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really enjoyed the episode. It felt like a return to s1. Mateos one-liners and Latina lover narrator really made the episode for me. And I loved how open Jane was with her family about her feelings for Rafael, and no one disapproved of her feelings but encouraged her to talk to him. And Alba saying she'd talk to Rafael if Jane didn't tell her what they talked about! I can't wait for Alba and Rafael scenes, and for her to want Rafael for Jane because of the person he is, not for his looks or because he's the father.

I liked Adam more than I thought I would. I love meant to bes and "destiny", so the moment he said something along the lines of "we found our way back to each other".. He's no Rafael, but I think I'll enjoy his relationship with Jane for however long it lasts.

I like that The roles are reversed between Jane and Rafael. And that he didn't go right back to her the moment the possibility that she had feelings for him came up. I didn't get why he reacted the way he did until I rewatched their balcony scene though. I respect that he wouldn't want to put everything on hold because Jane is questioning what she feels for him, even if it means he'll be with Petra for now.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Anyone noticed the "written in the stars" scene? When Jane and Adam are out on their date, she sees Rafeal's name and picture written in the stars. The first time they did that. It's funny how some critics and viewers think this is finally the end for them because of their big fight and him choosing Petra. But it's written in the stars! Those post SP interviews need to be read because Jennie talks about a lot about S4's upcoming storylines. The guy Rose killed is not just a random dude. Like S3, some things are different from the sides. Jennie said R/J will fight a lot this season.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 10-14-2017 at 12:28 PM Reason: Missing word
Old 10-14-2017, 10:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Ultimately, I thought this episode was okay. It was interesting and there were some enjoyable moments. I'm glad Jane and Rafael are fighting - there is a lot that needs to be said between these two - and I smiled when Raf told Jane that the world doesn't revolve around her. Jane may think Rafael's comments are snobby but her's are narrow minded. and WHY would Raf be thinking about getting back with her when she went skinny dipping with another man after thinking she had feelings for him and then went on a date with said guy?!! Jane needs a reality check!

I am mostly ok with this ep because I know where somethings are going - i.e. that Raf and Petra are definately not staying/getting back together.

Now as for Adam - I like him better than Michael - but that wouldn't be hard because the appeal of Michael or Jane and Michael is something I just don't get - but aside from the fact that he seems nice and is a good looking guy, the character and his storyline is so far completely riddiculous! RE-WRITTEN HISTORY ONCE AGAIN - OR JUST PLAIN BAD STORYTELLING - either way it just makes things seems incredibly stupid! Also, how completely OC was Jane skinny dipping with him - at most an hour after chasing after Rafae?!! Just because she's had sex with one man outside of marriage doesn't mean they need to make it seem like she's going to jump into bed with anyone at the drop of a hat?! I don't care how serious they were in the past - it was ten years ago! And its so STUPID that Jane almost getting married when she was 18 has NEVER come up before - LITERALLY NOT ONCE!!! For a character who was so obsessed with not having sex before marriage and the sanctity of marriage - it's just insane its never been mentioned! Aside from that, did anyone else notice the comment about him having a sister that died of cancer? Seemed an odd comment to me just to throw in there unless its significant somehow.

I feel like the writers are trying to have it both ways - have the tragedy of Michael's death molding Jane's character but also wanting someone Jane has a history with, longer than Rafael to make her question Rafael. Adam, and his guitar and sketchbook, already feel to be rammed down my throat.

Last edited by Coco_Cat; 10-14-2017 at 10:24 AM
Old 10-14-2017, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
It's funny how some critics and viewers think this finally the end for them because of their big fight and him choosing Petra.
Granted, I haven't gotten a chance to watch the episode yet. But I can't believe people are still thinking that. Critics should really know better.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but I really liked the premiere episode. Can't believe the critics think it's the end of J/R. I felt just the opposite to me.