Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2017, 09:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

^^ lol You would think that so many murders would be bad for business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco_Cat (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 11-19-2017, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
Instead of a kid's hotel, Marbella should just be a spooky hotel. Seriously, murder after murder. Why would anyone in their right mind stay in a hotel like that?

I did not like Jane/Adam's ending at all. It just ruined everything for me. I was so ready for Jane and Rafael and now I am not. I don't exactly want Jane to chase Rafael right now because she would seem desperate for a relationship. You can't get over heartbreak that fast. And I certainly don't want Rafael to chase her. After all this time I think Jane should see on her own that she loves him and he is great. And if she can't see it on her own then she is not ready for him.
i do wonder how they continue to get business but i guess it's somewhere thats important to the story so they've kept it around and in existence.

I agree with what you're saying about Jane. Seems like she would need time and i would love a gradual realization. This show loves to complicate things to keep it interesting though so i'm not quite sure what to expect
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
Old 11-19-2017, 09:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought this past episode was kind of "myeh". But I loved the Isabel Allende scene in the beginning, and it was impressive that they got her to appear since she's such a prestigious writer. I love the scenes with Raf and Jane and the writers have deliberately made them have more depth, realness and warmth together than any of her other relationships, including Michael. That scene where he jokes about Jane using guilt with scare tactics--he knows her SO well. And when he said they were "in a groove" and flashed her that blinding smile---swoon! I don't recall Michael ever teasing Jane about her flaws the way Raf does. Raf loves her, despite and because of, her flaws. But it is frustrating to watch Raf always being in second or third place. The book is about her and Michael, so of course, she would dedicate it to him, but Raf gets put in the back with the acknowledgements? That scene was beautiful though, I admit. When Jane made the comment about her heart being broken by Adam, I think she said it was the second time after Michael. Does she not remember falling down with grief when she and Raf broke up? He broke her heart big time. I know this is all a deliberate downplay of their relationship so they can build it up again, and she can CHOOSE Raf, who has been the one all along. But it's frustrating to watch until then.

The relationship with Adam didn't seem all that rushed to me, especially since I wanted him off my screen, pronto! Adam is a glib, facile kid. He's not mature. I didn't find it hard to swallow that he'd suddenly decided to choose LA over Jane. That's how you are when you're young. And that has been the message about Adam from the get-go. He's too young to settled down and is not prepared to be in Jane's life in any real way.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by venezia57 (View Post)
I thought this past episode was kind of "myeh". But I loved the Isabel Allende scene in the beginning, and it was impressive that they got her to appear since she's such a prestigious writer. I love the scenes with Raf and Jane and the writers have deliberately made them have more depth, realness and warmth together than any of her other relationships, including Michael. That scene where he jokes about Jane using guilt with scare tactics--he knows her SO well. And when he said they were "in a groove" and flashed her that blinding smile---swoon! I don't recall Michael ever teasing Jane about her flaws the way Raf does. Raf loves her, despite and because of, her flaws. But it is frustrating to watch Raf always being in second or third place. The book is about her and Michael, so of course, she would dedicate it to him, but Raf gets put in the back with the acknowledgements? That scene was beautiful though, I admit. When Jane made the comment about her heart being broken by Adam, I think she said it was the second time after Michael. Does she not remember falling down with grief when she and Raf broke up? He broke her heart big time. I know this is all a deliberate downplay of their relationship so they can build it up again, and she can CHOOSE Raf, who has been the one all along. But it's frustrating to watch until then.

The relationship with Adam didn't seem all that rushed to me, especially since I wanted him off my screen, pronto! Adam is a glib, facile kid. He's not mature. I didn't find it hard to swallow that he'd suddenly decided to choose LA over Jane. That's how you are when you're young. And that has been the message about Adam from the get-go. He's too young to settled down and is not prepared to be in Jane's life in any real way.
Jane does and has acknowledged that Rafael broke her heart back then. She even said so then. What she actually said in this episode was that she didn't think after Michael died she could be heart broken again because she didn't think she could love like that again and Adam hurting her has, at the very least made her realise that she can and probably will fall deeply in love again. (And we all know she will with Raf.)

I love where Jane and Rafael are in ther relationship. It is like best friends who have a child together and in some ways I think that can lead to a stronger, intimate relationship. I never felt Jane and Michael had that. They were never really 'friends' - it also doesn't help that so much of their relationship was before the story began. (ANd the border line stalkerish flashbacks did nothing to strengthen their story.) Michael was the safe one - yes, I acknowledge that that was sold as a positive thing because its what Jane wanted, its what she chose after living a life with a lot of uncertainty. She'd already put all her eggs in the Rafael basket and had it toppled over, she wasn't going to risk it again. But, in so many ways it felt as though their relationship was never fully balanced - one always had more power. It was either Michael never wanting to upset Jane - either when he was trying to win her back or after they were married - or Jane was overcompensating because she felt guilty for dumping him.They never seemed comfortable enough to have a real argument. They had ONE the episode before their wedding, which was really just a cheap way of trying to get around all the issues of them rushing the wedding. So much rang false to me - it was always way over the top and cheesy. I guess it was meant to be - to perhaps high-light how niave Jane's ideas of love and marriage were. Since Michael was killed off, Jane has become a much more appealing and more rounding character, with flaws that are actually addressed and not brushed over. And, its similar for Rafael. I love that they aren't afraid to call each other out on their c**p and help each other grow. If Jane and Michael were still married - she wouldn't have grown or changed at all - in fact, I seriously doubt she would be a published author.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Agree with every word. I love Jane and Rafael. I love their disagreements. Their fights help them grow. I love how honest they are in their fights.

With Michael, Jane wouldn't have changed because Michael didn't let her change. Michael was all about doing everything Jane's way. Even when she was conflicted about something he would only give her what would Jane do advice. His death was the best thing that happened to her character. Thank god for that since that is the reason why he was killed off.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:48 PM
Addicted Fan

I still haven't seen the episode yet but it's crazy how some still think Michael faked his death and last week's episode some how means he will return.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
I still haven't seen the episode yet but it's crazy how some still think Michael faked his death and last week's episode some how means he will return.
those are my favorite comments.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Old 11-19-2017, 06:03 PM
Passionate Fan

I also can't believe some people still think there is a chance Jane and Rafael are not endgame. They really thought Adam had a shot?

I don't know if it has been mentioned before but I thought it was cool that Jane's book started with Michael but ended with Rafael. It mirrors her life.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
If he's going to return, it'd be at the end of this season. And if Raf and Jane are together. I mean that would be the twist; although I don't see how Jane would be okay with him faking his death. (Although she forgave him for everything else so....)

That said, if they were bringing him back, I'd think they'd find a way to use Brett more often in flashbacks or fantasies instead of using previously filmed bits like they did in this ep.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:24 PM
Addicted Fan

It's impossible for him to return, though. He can only return in new flashbacks or fantasy scenes but he cannot return alive. He's buried and there was an autopsy. We know his cause of death. He's dead for real. Everything the series has shown us proves that. It's been 4 years in the series world. If we see Brett again it will be in new flashback scenes. We may not like everything Jennie does (that's with any show) but she plans out many storylines. She would have kept them married (which would have changed the entire show) before she faked his death.

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 11-19-2017 at 11:32 PM
Old 11-20-2017, 06:04 AM
Passionate Fan

I would love for him to come back, but it isn't going to happen
Old 11-20-2017, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You want Michael back?
Old 11-20-2017, 08:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
You want Michael back?

I have had too much time on my hands and watched a few episodes from Season 3.

2 things I noticed, was there was one episode where Jane tells Mateo to use his words. It's a phrase that the narrator tells Jane in the last episode at the bookstore. Not that there weren't already strong hints that it's Mateo any way, but I found that interesting.

Also, there was a scene in the second episode of last season where J/R are hashing out their new dynamic and the song the Pre-school teacher sings is 'we're better together.' I could be reading into it too much, but that's what Raf told Jane the 1st season. Of course, this was when she was married to Michael.

I don't see how anyone could think Adam was going to wind up with Jane when he really never seemed like a viable option for Jane. Plus the signs have been there that Jane is going to wind up with Rafael since the first season and even when she was married they were still in each other's orbits, and still had their moments. Adam was an obstacle for Jane and Raf's endgame. I hope they don't introduce another love interest for her from here and just let J/R happen.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

Good observations!

I think they introduced Adam (and did a slight retcon) as they needed a weighty romantic interest who could bring more. There was no way some random guy could become a viable love interest or compare to Rafael. They also probably wanted us to be sure that Jane could love again (and not just 'rebound' to Rafael) so i think the purpose of the character was for Jane to grow as well as be an obstacle in the path to Jane/Rafael.

it seems obvious to me where this is headed - at this stage it's just a matter of when it will happen, how..and if there are more obstacles coming

I keep introducing more friends to JtV - need to spread the addiction
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
Closed Thread   Post New Thread